/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dissertation FLASH ANIMATION..

jannat
11-18-2009, 07:57 PM
salam all,
i hope all is well and good.

I hope some1 can help me. Im basically doing my dissertation, and i need to use flash. I dont know how to approach the project, as i havnt use flash and i dont know how hard it is. arrrrrrrrrggggggh

i need to make a video in flash, i.e. not import one, make one with time sequence. i have to include TEXT, IMAGES and create my own animation with the video running in a sequence: how on earth do i do this all? i could of made a movie in movie maker but i cant create animation in that.
Does any1 have any idea on how to approach this project. Its part of my dissertation....
please can any1 help or give advice!!
JAZAKALLAH KHAIR

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlHoda
11-18-2009, 08:39 PM
:sl: Can I first ask what a dissertation is? Sorry my, english is not perfect.

Woodrow
11-18-2009, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jannat
salam all,
i hope all is well and good.

I hope some1 can help me. Im basically doing my dissertation, and i need to use flash. I dont know how to approach the project, as i havnt use flash and i dont know how hard it is. arrrrrrrrrggggggh

i need to make a video in flash, i.e. not import one, make one with time sequence. i have to include TEXT, IMAGES and create my own animation with the video running in a sequence: how on earth do i do this all? i could of made a movie in movie maker but i cant create animation in that.
Does any1 have any idea on how to approach this project. Its part of my dissertation....
please can any1 help or give advice!!
JAZAKALLAH KHAIR
:sl:

Perhaps this thread will be of some help.

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...ated-gifs.html

Dagless
11-19-2009, 03:03 AM
You first need to install flash (if you can't get hold of a full copy just use the 14 days trial for now) and then look at some tutorials which come with it. Are you studying something IT related? If so I think you'll pick it up relatively quickly.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salihah
11-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Salam :statisfie

Unfortunately I cant open the link send by Woodrow.
Adobe Flash is an app that requires highly qualified skills. It will take some time to understand and use it but of course you can manage it. It is nothing impossible.
The trial version will not allow you to do everything you need, sometimes you cant even save your work. As you are publishing it for dissertation you are not allowed to use the trial version according to the license. Maybe you know someone who lives in your area, who can help you.

The tasks you talked about e.g. adding pictures, text to a video to create a new one are quite simple. The only difficult thing is to create a good animation. Do you have basic knowledge of animation? If not, then this is the point to start. Because you may be able to use flash but the result of your work should also be impressive and interesting. Get informations about keyframes (the amount of keyframes per second is very important), motion and timeline, create a storyboard first before you start animating.
There a lot of tutorials available which will give you basic insights. Do you have to use Flash or do you just need a .swf file as a result? There are some open-source apps which can create flash files.

jannat
11-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Salams all,

Thanks for replies.
the flash work is part of my dissertation, my final year project.
Im studying an ICT degree, but i ve never used flash. we havethe software installed on the pc.s but to be honest i dont know where to start. I have a vague i dea what i want to do in flash. I have no experience of creating animation, however it will be basic animation. At the same time it has to be good to get marks. Im scared coz theres so much to do, and im aiming to do the whole prototype b4 we break up in december. im using VB.NET and flash. i dont know how to intgrate flash in vb.
I just want to do this !!!!!!!! any useful links ppl?

Dagless
11-19-2009, 05:23 PM
I think first you need to storyboard exactly what you want the animation to be, the length, the details, the words, if any user input is required etc. After this you can decide if you even need to integrate vb. Usually people specify the need first and then come up with a solution :p
In the meantime go through the first few flash tutorials. They will give you a good overview of what can be done.

Hugo
11-19-2009, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jannat

You need to be careful here that you go through the necessary steps otherwise it just becomes a task of learning flash and not completing a project. Therefore:

1. Work out what product will do. In this sense I mean what is that you have to produce as an end product. If its a video sequences then how long must it last and what must be its aim. It may also have to include certain features and you have mentioned a few but its obvious that it must include text and images but is there anything else that is perhaps unusual or imaginative.

2. A story board as someone suggested is a good start but it will only make sense if you work out overall what the video sequence will do - is it just to entertain, is it a game, is it a training tool, what will it do. If you do not work all this out early on you will not know for sure what technology - flash and everything else you will need and that may end up as very bad news if you suddenly discover it half way through the project.

3. Once you have a good idea what it is your are producing - I warn you to take this part very seriously because there is an old saying that "if you aim at nothing you will probably hit it'. Armed with your plan work out now what it is you need to learn and then plan a learning schedule and get started. It is now way into November and it sounds like you are tending to leave things to the last minute so take a grip on yourself and start planning and start working.

It's not too late but its moving in that direction if you do not start putting in the hours and hours of work both planning and learning now and that means at least 20 hours a week.

4. You will get stuck but never give up and gradually things will come together for you. This is a project so if it does not tax you it is not worth doing. Conversely, if you want it all to be easy then you might be deluding yourself. So make a product design and then plan the learning needed to achieve it and get going - if you work hard there is nothing like the sense of achievement you will get when it all comes together and you will not have to wait until its assessed you will know yourself that it is up to the mark.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.