/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Concentration problem

AlHoda
11-19-2009, 08:44 PM
:sl:

I have a problem, since I was little I used to be by myself al ot. So I think a lot most of the time, I'm kind of most of the time in my own world. I find it very hard to concentrate on anything for a long time. I can't stop thinking, not about a particular thing, but I am used to think a lot about everything, does this sound normal to you?

May Allah (swt) bless you all.
Jazakallahughair.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlHoda
11-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Hmm, anyone? I really could use the help.

Dagless
11-20-2009, 04:24 PM
You're still quite young and thinking is a good thing. As long as the thoughts don't worry you or get in the way :p The more you concentrate on things the better you'll get at concentrating.

Asiyah3
11-20-2009, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda

I have a problem, since I was little I used to be by myself al ot. So I think a lot most of the time, I'm kind of most of the time in my own world. I find it very hard to concentrate on anything for a long time. I can't stop thinking, not about a particular thing, but I am used to think a lot about everything, does this sound normal to you?

Jazakallahughair.

Honestly I feel like I was the one who wrote this post :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AlHoda
11-20-2009, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferown
You're still quite young and thinking is a good thing. As long as the thoughts don't worry you or get in the way :p The more you concentrate on things the better you'll get at concentrating.

I mean when is it too much, it is just I don't talk a lot, I'm the kind of people who rather thinks than talks. This has brought me sometimes into trouble, I think i'm more volreunable to shaytan than other people, because I almost live in my thoughts, so he has easier acces to me.That worries me a lot:exhausted

Jazakallahughair.

AlHoda
11-20-2009, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
Honestly I feel like I was the one who wrote this post :p

I don't think you are as much absentminded like me. :P

Jazakllahughair.

Hamza Asadullah
11-20-2009, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda

Jazakallahughair.

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister there is a saying: "An idle mind is the playground of shaythan". Meaning that if your lying around not doing much then you are susceptible to shaythan messing around with your thoughts and confusing you etc.

Here are some tips:

It is ALWAYS best that you surround yourself with ONLY good and pious friends and also with your family.

Always busy yourself in learning about Islam because your mind is young and fresh so you can absorb information more effectively. So read Islamic books, read the Qur'an with its meanings, read the Seerah of the Prophet(Pbuh) or Stories of the Prophets(As) and various other Islamic books that you would take a keen interest in.

Do your school work or homework.

Busy yourself in doing Dhikrullah(remembrance of Allah) like pondering and contemplating over the greatness of Allah and his creations and do tasbihs(rosary by counting in 100's) of "Subhanallahi Walhamdulillahi walaailaha ilallahu wallahuakbar" as well as "Subhanallahi Wabihamdihi Subhanallahil adheem". Aswell as Asthaghfar as much as you can aswell as Durood upon our beloved Prophet (Pbuh).

Learn sunnats of Rasulallah (Pbuh) and act upon them as much as you can.

Read Nafl prayers

Don't lie around and let your mind wonder always busy yourself with something constructive which will benefit you in the hereafter.

Get involved in Islamic sisters circles, halaqas, talks, meetings, dawah etc

Get yourself involved with good and pious company so that you can benefit from the gatherings of the remembrance of Allah.

Whenever a bad thought occurs to you:

a) Seek Allah’s forgiveness [saying, Astaghfirullah (‘I seek Allah’s forgiveness’)];

b) Seek protection from the Shaytan [saying, A`udhu billahi min ash-shaytan ar-rajeem (‘I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed shaytan’)]

c) Cut out the things that result in that bad thought immediately [e.g. shut the window with such images]

d) Then thank Allah, wholeheartedly, for enabling you to overcome your desires and shaytan [saying, Alhamdulillah (‘All praise is due to Allah’)]; this makes Shaytan despair, and strengthens one’s resolve.

If you keep erring, keep repeating these 4 quick and simple steps, and making dua with your prayers that Allah protect you. If you keep turning to Allah sincerely, He’ll accept your earnest requests, and free you of these problems inshallah.

Allah Most High has promised,

“As for those who strive in Us, We surely guide them to Our paths, and lo! Allah is with the good.” [Qur’an, 29.69]

ahmed_indian
11-23-2009, 08:39 AM
wa alaikum salaam,

maybe its OCD : obsessive compulsive disorder. the thoughts are repeated continuoulsy and it irritates a person.

bro Hamza gave some good tips. try them! make Dua, inshallah it'll be alright.:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.