/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quran and Halal meat?

11-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Can someone tell me where in the quran, hadith or sunnah, it actually mentions how to slaughter meat the halal way.

Thanks,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
11-22-2009, 11:19 PM
I have discussed this with a non-Muslim, attempting to convince them that the way we slaughter meat is a humane method. I come to this conclusion form a uni study done in hannover... (many websites say the same thing) eg.
http://www.themodernreligion.com/mis..._slaughter.htm
This makes sense aswel, when looking into the purpose of the jugular viens (what ends up being cut during slaughter)...

But they came up this this:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/...slaughter.html

This is a much more recent study and the one i use is quite old 1975-ish

What are your opinion on this, and how do I go about justifying the halal method of slaughter. As i trust everything written in the quran, the most amazing book ever!

yuksel
11-22-2009, 11:23 PM
(el-En'âm, 6/145)

el-A 'râf, 7/157

جوري
11-22-2009, 11:30 PM
if you want to electrocute, eat rubber or turn vegan be my guest, don't bug the crap out of the rest of us along with it.. what next?
Wonder if new scientist might labor over the pain experienced by thousands of dying folks around the world due to wars or disease and of whom the majority happen to be children experiencing pangs of hunger as no animals could allegedly feel pain for the one minute before it dies anyway.

What a ridiculous article, quoted by ridiculous people pushing for a ridiculous agenda undoubtedly lobbying for a shift in gear as more folks prefer kosher/halal slaughter to bloodied curdled electrocuted animals. Save the electrocution for the folks you have on death row..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
11-22-2009, 11:55 PM
well im sorrrryyy! just a question ok... didnt mean 2 offend u

جوري
11-22-2009, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by www
well im sorrrryyy! just a question ok... didnt mean 2 offend u
greetings

you didn't offend me, unless you were hoping to pose a question and reply to yourself without any commentary-- which of course you are so entitled on your own private time. When you pose it here under false pretenses, you and your alter ego should be prepared come what may!

all the best

Sampharo
11-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Justifications for God's ordinances and rulings are not always what they seem to be, and many people were lead astray thinking about obvious benefits that they spotted instantaneously in something God ordained, that if it turns out wrong they sort of stop there confused and some even start doubting.

Ordained slaughter was never claimed to be a painless experience. The justification made though is that it is cleaner, which was proven by science beyond a doubt: slaughtered animals pass out from the cutoff blood while their hearts continue to pump blood OUT of the body of the animal through the slit jugular, thereby reducing greatly the amount of blood that resides within the body. All analysis have found that dead blood is very unhealthy, has toxins, and should not be ingested.

Is slaughter painless for the animals? Don't know and never was said Islamically, but these are cattle that are part of God's bounty for us, so our consumption of them is normal and takes precedence with us as muslims.

Like Gossamer said though, I can hardly imagine an argument to be made against slaughter when the alternative they take is blood-curdling electrocution, proven to be so maniacally painful that some chicken bodies were found to have convulsed so hard they dislocated their own joints.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.