/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Seeing The Prophet (Peace be upon him) in a dream

muslimah_81
11-29-2009, 01:06 PM
:sl:

Hope someone can help me with this question.

It is stated in a Hadith, that The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, "He who sees me in a dream has certainly seen me, because Satan can not take my form."

What if someone claims they have seen a dream with The Prophet (Peace be upon him) in it, however the description of him in the dream does not match the description of The Prophet (Peace be upon him) given in hadiths?

Can shaytan come in a form, that does not match the form/appearance of The Prophet (Peace be upon him) and claim to be him?

The reason I ask this is because I have spoken to people who claim to have seen The Prophet (Peace be upon him) in a dream however the descriptions of him vary.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
11-29-2009, 01:33 PM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_81
Can shaytan come in a form, that does not match the form/appearance of The Prophet (Peace be upon him) and claim to be him?
Yes, that is possible. See this link, noting in particular the third point:

Seeing the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in a dream.

And Allah knows best.

brotherubaid
11-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Yes sister very good question

We have to understadn one thing m The shatytaan cannot come in the form or apperance of the Prophet , but lets be honest who from amongst us has really seen the prophet???? No one

So when some one tell su he saw the prophet sala lahu alihi wa sallam in his dream , only Allah really knows , coz i have heared it from people who are full of shirk n call to shirk n then claim theysaw the prophet in a dreaM N HE APPROVED OF THIS , astaghfirulah

So If a sahabi saw him sala lahu alihi wa sallam in a dream and narrates his dream , we know that it really was the prophet , coz they had really seen the prophet , rest any one who has not really seen the prophet cannot be too sure it was the prophet , even if the Beautiful person with lots of noor and righteous looking he saw in his dream tells him that he is the Prophet we cannot really be sure coz shatytaan can come in a form of a good looking , beautiful righteous person n claim he is the prophet while he is not.

just like when dajjal will come he will claim that he is God , but he isnt , only those who realllly really know Alllah and his beautiful names and attributes n believes inthem will be saved , rest will fall in the "karamat' and miracles he will perform , but a true believer who knows his lord ,. knows the names n atributes and details will not fall victim to him

n Allah knows best

Asssalam O ALikum

muslimah_81
11-29-2009, 04:23 PM
:sl:

Jazakhallah for clarifying this for me. The link was very helpful.

I thought this was the case but wanted to make sure and have proof to back it up (Hadith) before informing people of this.

And the example of the Dajjal claiming to be Allah really helped because I have heard the argument that, how can Allah allow shaytan to mislead people by pretending to be The Prophet (peace b upon him) when he is the best of creation but your example gives a good explanation to this.

Wasalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.