/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Bloggers: UNITED!

Beardo
12-02-2009, 10:10 PM
HalalPress.com

On behalf of the HalalPress Administration, it is an honor to launch a Muslim Blogging Network. With open arms, we offer you our free sub-domain blog and social networking services.

Please be sure to refer to the “About” page for our Terms & Conditions, Features, and other information.

Post away!

We hope you enjoy our services (while they last) and use them to it’s maximum benefit. As we are a start-up site, we hope you send us your feedback in regards to this site. Jazakumullahu Khair!

Also, we are affiliated with SunniLink, our sister replica site.

Wasalaam,

Rashad Abdullah

HalalPress Admin

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
12-02-2009, 10:13 PM
:salamext:

So...have you got a link? :embarrass

Beardo
12-02-2009, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān

So...have you got a link? :embarrass
Edited the post, lol.

HalalPress.com

Uthman
12-02-2009, 10:34 PM
JazakAllah Khayr. I checked out the site and maasha'Allah it looks very good!

May Allah reward you immensely for your work in providing these beneficial services to the Ummah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
12-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Jazakumullahu Khair Brother Uthman. May Allah Ta'ala always keep you in piety, prosperity, and good health.

mahi
12-03-2009, 12:27 AM
I like the name a lot
The site looks really good. Is it based on any software, or is it custom coded off a software?
I remember I looked at social networking type softwares, it was a thorough pain.

But offering a blogging sphere to muslims is a really good angle. Thank you for the great service.

Beardo
12-03-2009, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahi
I like the name a lot
The site looks really good. Is it based on any software, or is it custom coded off a software?
I remember I looked at social networking type softwares, it was a thorough pain.

But offering a blogging sphere to muslims is a really good angle. Thank you for the great service.
The honor is mine.

Well, I integrated quite a few softwares and programming into it actually. On top of that, the maintenance isn't a one-time fee. Rather, I have to pay a huge amount every month for the social networking and other parts of the site. But I enjoy it Alhamdulillah. I look forward to seeing you all on it.

Just to make this clear, the site is nothing like FaceBook. Well, it's similar in many ways, but don't confuse it to be a Muslim FB. It's a pure blogging network. I'm hoping its better than the normal BlogSpot/WordPRess because there are more promotional options etc, giving your site more hits.

All I'm waiting for now is participation from people like you. :p

Beardo
12-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Ermm... Bumperz Thumperz. Anyone got more feedback and/or wanna register..?

UmmSqueakster
12-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I'll give you my honest opinion, nothing personal :hmm:

I used to have my blog hosted on hadithuna, but I found the hosting service was frequently hacked and my readers complained about getting viruses from visiting my blog. The site was down for several weeks at a time, and I would constantly have problems with the format of my blog. You can see what remains of my blog - rahma.hadithuna.com

Now, the brother who ran the site was great, but he was fighting an uphill battle. I stayed there for quite some time, but eventually felt I owed it to my reads (all dozen of them, lol) to have my blog somewhere that was safe for them to read.

I now use wordpress and haven't had any problems since I've moved it there - umms.wordpress.com - and I honestly would not switch to another muslim blog hosting site.

Just be prepared for people to hack your site often, and to have to cater to demanding little bloggers who want fixes for everything NOW NOW NOW. It really is a thankless job. Best of luck to you though :)

Beardo
12-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Sister,

Well, I'd think you should know our site uses WordPress. We are legal and official WordPress partners. I think theywill be adding HalalPress to their site gallery soon enough insha'Allah.

In my opinion, those sites deserved to go down. They fill their sites with advertisements and ruin the taste. I know MuslimPad also shut down.

But I sincerely hope and pray that our site will be different.

Give it a try sister! Satisfaction guaranteed. We also have more networking and advertising options than those sites as well.

UmmSqueakster
12-03-2009, 07:59 PM
wa alaikum assalam,

Hadithuna switched to the wordpress format as well, and still encounters quite a few problems unfortunately. Also, I can't fault them for putting advertisements up - it costs a pretty penny to run a blog hosting site when it gets popular, and not everyone is independantly wealthy ;D

JazakAllah khair for the invitation, but I think I'll be staying put. Since I switched to WP, my readership has jumped from a few dozen to over 200 a day. I don't want to do anything to mess with my good fortune :embarrass

Beardo
12-03-2009, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UmmSqueakster
wa alaikum assalam,

Hadithuna switched to the wordpress format as well, and still encounters quite a few problems unfortunately. Also, I can't fault them for putting advertisements up - it costs a pretty penny to run a blog hosting site when it gets popular, and not everyone is independantly wealthy ;D

JazakAllah khair for the invitation, but I think I'll be staying put. Since I switched to WP, my readership has jumped from a few dozen to over 200 a day. I don't want to do anything to mess with my good fortune :embarrass
Understandable lol.

Well yeah, it's quite costly. I don't really have a steady income myself, but Alhamdulillah I manage for now. I've got very generous connections in terms of my web service providers etc. But when you rely on connections, you've got to get a lot more organized. You need to make sure you have back up plans etc as well. Remember me in your duas! Sometimes I get worried I can't meet the bills in time.

I'm uploading the sites and stocking it up with some applications insha'Allah. I can't waittt!

Anyone got advertising ideas for this?

Beardo
12-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah ermm... Has everyone seen HalalPress.com? x]]

Musaafirah
12-04-2009, 06:55 PM
You know it says to use the services while they last, are you not expecting the blog thing to be around for long?
I'm not a regularly regular blogger you see.
I'm useless.

Beardo
12-04-2009, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafirah
You know it says to use the services while they last, are you not expecting the blog thing to be around for long?
I'm not a regularly regular blogger you see.
I'm useless.
Looking at your signature, I just visited your blog today. :skeleton:

Anyway, I meant while we still offer new blog hosting. Insha'Allah it'll be around forever and ever and ever. Until the Last Day.

Musaafirah
12-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Yeah, mines the little one. The one I rarely update.
I should, I think.
It is a bit pinkish though. Hmm.
So, do we start afresh or transfer across??

Beardo
12-04-2009, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafirah
Yeah, mines the little one. The one I rarely update.
I should, I think.
It is a bit pinkish though. Hmm.
So, do we start afresh or transfer across??
If you have the files, we can transfer. Otherwise, start a fresh. :hmm:

IMO, you'd get more readers and viewers if you use HalalPress.

Beardo
12-04-2009, 07:51 PM
I Removed the "while they last" paratheses. :shade:

Beardo
12-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Check out this blog by a Muslimah Revert:

http://asiyah.halalpress.com/

syilla
12-10-2009, 06:39 AM
erm...how to link to friendster blog

pls don't use it term...i just know how to post...nothing more than that huhu

Beardo
12-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Working Hard Mom Blog

Na7lah
12-10-2009, 03:51 PM
It's weird how you keep coming up with new (sometimes good) ideas :hiding:
I think i may consider going back to blogging. Maybe. :hmm:

Na7lah
12-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Can you add more themes? :hmm:

Beardo
12-10-2009, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Na7lah
Can you add more themes? :hmm:
Yeah. Did you have any in mind? :X

Asiyaah
12-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Asalaam Alaykum, I love the halalpress Brother Rashad. I also was wondering about some more themes. Here are some examples I found - I'd like something a little more feminine :D

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/pink-tulip

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/orange-flower

PS, I'm Asiyah - MashAllah - thank you for linking to my blog in a previous post :D - Inshallah I will write more soon.

UmmSqueakster
12-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Something you could think about - not sure if it's possible - is to find a way to feed already established blogs into your site. I don't want to have to move, but it would be nice to be connected.

re themes, if there's an option for a custom header, you can make your own unique themes. Lots more fun that way, and it makes your blog unique :D I use picnik.com for mine:

Na7lah
12-10-2009, 11:07 PM
How about adding some of the default wordpress ones first? :><:

Beardo
12-12-2009, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Na7lah
How about adding some of the default wordpress ones first? :><:
I disabled them because I think they're ugly. :X

jazakallah for the above themes. I'll add them today inshallah.

Danah
12-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I know its a stupid question as I see its only for blogs..but will ask it anyways...:X
Do you offer any service for those who have a free websites instead of blogs? like using webs.com ?

Beardo
12-12-2009, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
I know its a stupid question as I see its only for blogs..but will ask it anyways...:X
Do you offer any service for those who have a free websites instead of blogs? like using webs.com ?
I'm considering making something like that. I was actually considering that instead of HalalPress.

Is that what you wanted? Perhaps I could do something like that... Hmm...

Danah
12-13-2009, 08:57 AM
^ yup!!
Because I started something like that and it's still at the beginning so if this can be found in your service I will stop working on it and start it again in your site. An Islamic host is better than a non-Islamic one after all.

Beardo
12-13-2009, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
^ yup!!
Because I started something like that and it's still at the beginning so if this can be found in your service I will stop working on it and start it again in your site. An Islamic host is better than a non-Islamic one after all.
I'm not saying this so you will move, but Muslims alone consume billions and billions of dollars each day. HalalPress is currently non-profit, but isn't it nice to support our Muslims?

Which is why I used to register for every single Islamic Forum on the web back in the day...when I was a n00b...

But yeah. For example, my Islamic books, they might be cheaper on Amazon, but I buy them from Muslim bookstores. :ermm:

Danah
12-13-2009, 05:26 PM
^ right
So is it possible to support websites as well? in the near future at least? or this will be only for blogs

Humbler_359
12-13-2009, 05:52 PM
:sl: Brother,

Yes, I was searching around blog, I know WordPress. I would like someone who can design on banners, headers, and themes. I am looking for blogger to save useful information and read frequently on blog.

HalalPress.com, I am glad to have Muslims network. Is this look like facebook? I think, HalalPress.com should transformed into the appearances of WordPress.

What about Hackers?

--------------------------

Ummsqueaker, I do visit your blog, looked great. Picnik.com, how long it takes to design unqiue just like your theme?

syilla
12-14-2009, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Now...this is very embarrassing :exhausted :embarrass

Because of this...i've to have to think of a more quality post hmm... :phew

Beardo
12-18-2009, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
:sl: Brother,

Yes, I was searching around blog, I know WordPress. I would like someone who can design on banners, headers, and themes. I am looking for blogger to save useful information and read frequently on blog.

HalalPress.com, I am glad to have Muslims network. Is this look like facebook? I think, HalalPress.com should transformed into the appearances of WordPress.

What about Hackers?

--------------------------

Ummsqueaker, I do visit your blog, looked great. Picnik.com, how long it takes to design unqiue just like your theme?
Well, I need to change the color scheme or do something with it so people will stop thinking it's like facebook. :exhausted I do address the issue in my blogpost on HalalPress called "HalalPress Vs FaceBook".

syilla
01-14-2010, 04:46 AM

when are you going to add the themes that we have suggested :hmm:

and also... please teach me how to add this to my blog

http://www.usayd.com/pluginshacks/islamic-praise/

currently i'm using mystique.

Beardo
01-18-2010, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

when are you going to add the themes that we have suggested :hmm:

and also... please teach me how to add this to my blog

http://www.usayd.com/pluginshacks/islamic-praise/

currently i'm using mystique.
Go to your admin backend and then go to "plugins" on the left sidebar. Then click "Add New" :D

Same applies for the theme. Go to "Appearance" and click "Add Theme" :D

syilla
01-18-2010, 02:42 AM
akhee rashad...

I'm so sorry... i'm so slow with this IT things... i can find the plugins button...but only "installed" button that i see. Can't find the "Add New" button. help asap.

and erm...how to add the radio. :hiding: I'm sorry for being such a pain.

Beardo
01-18-2010, 03:16 AM
akhee rashad...

I'm so sorry... i'm so slow with this IT things... i can find the plugins button...but only "installed" button that i see. Can't find the "Add New" button. help asap.

and erm...how to add the radio. :hiding: I'm sorry for being such a pain.
Oh hmm.. Perhaps members aren't allowed to...

Could you PM me with the things you want added? I think I'll jsut add it publicly.

syilla
01-18-2010, 03:22 AM
Oh hmm.. Perhaps members aren't allowed to...

Could you PM me with the things you want added? I think I'll jsut add it publicly.

I wanted to add this... http://www.usayd.com/pluginshacks/islamic-praise/

about the radio thingy... i thought of putting our local so called islamic radio... because sometimes it has tafseer, arabic class... but other time it has music in it :hiding: well let me put this on hold for a while...thanks

thank you akhee...may Allah reward you tremendously for all your effort. :D

Asiyaah
01-18-2010, 05:51 AM
:sl:

How does one find the admin backend? When I'm in my dashboard there is no 'add new' link :skeleton:. Sorry to be a bother :hmm:
I've looked all over the 'manage themes' page... I would love to personalize my blog some - inshallah.

syilla
01-18-2010, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaira
:sl:

How does one find the admin backend? When I'm in my dashboard there is no 'add new' link :skeleton:. Sorry to be a bother :hmm:
I've looked all over the 'manage themes' page... I would love to personalize my blog some - inshallah.
salams...

Ukhtee do you want to add a new link to your blog?

in the Dashboard you can see the link on your left. And just add new. :) Hope that helps!!!

Snowflake
01-18-2010, 06:16 AM
:sl: I find blogs shlogs confusing and don't really know what they are lol. :-[

Once I've learnt something about them and how to use it, I may ditch the idea of having a website and run my business (pending) from a blog. (If it's cheaper than having a website that is.)

Asiyaah
01-18-2010, 06:23 AM
salams...

Ukhtee do you want to add a new link to your blog?

in the Dashboard you can see the link on your left. And just add new. :) Hope that helps!!!

Looking more to adding a new theme, I think the idea there would be an 'add new' similar to 'add new' for a new link. I think it's really cute how we are all trying to figure out this blogging thing mashAllah ;D. I used to make websites when I was 14 **cough cough 13 years ago** It appears things have changed from just typing out plain ol' html code hehe.

Asiyaah
01-18-2010, 06:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
:sl: I find blogs shlogs confusing and don't really know what they are lol. :-[

Once I've learnt something about them and how to use it, I may ditch the idea of having a website and run my business (pending) from a blog. (If it's cheaper than having a website that is.)

Oooh sister what is your business website, would love to see it inshallah. When at all possible I would rather buy goods/services from muslimah above all else.

syilla
02-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Salamssss

Akhee Rashad... did you realise that someone already spamming the blog...and making an account under the name of playboy... or is it that is genuine blog??? :hmm:

Beardo
02-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Salamssss

Akhee Rashad... did you realise that someone already spamming the blog...and making an account under the name of playboy... or is it that is genuine blog??? :hmm:
Definitely not a genuine blog. They have been removed as spammers. Jazakumullahu Khair for catching that. :X

In the initial stages of this community, please bear with us. Insha'Allah this will not happen again though.

syilla
02-05-2010, 01:48 AM
Definitely not a genuine blog. They have been removed as spammers. Jazakumullahu Khair for catching that. :X

In the initial stages of this community, please bear with us. Insha'Allah this will not happen again though.
lol...jazakallah khayr. I'm just very sensitive with the name 'playboy'... lol

Beardo
02-05-2010, 05:05 AM
^ Naturally. Won't happen again insha'Allah. :D

Please spread the word about HalalPress!

shahidr100
02-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Please visit my blog at:
http://alrahmanpnp.com/blog
http://islamicpearls.alrahmanpnp.com

Sawdah
06-11-2010, 11:04 PM
...what happend to HP ? :ermm:

Beardo
06-12-2010, 12:23 PM
It'll be back up this weekend insha-Allah. =X

Sawdah
06-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Nice, jazakAllah khair.

syilla
06-15-2010, 03:32 PM
rashad....halal press still can't log in huhu

Sawdah
07-23-2010, 11:38 PM
:sl: brother,

Will HalalPress be back soon? I sort of miss blogging there. :hmm:

:w:

Muslim Woman
07-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Salaam

I wanted to visit but it was taking much time to open.

I want to know if it's possible to post convert stories in Bangla language there ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.