/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this an Islamic Nikkah? need help

Unite1
12-03-2009, 06:44 AM
:sl:

Is it allowed in Islam to have a nikkah in a simple wedding hall instead of having it at home if if the house cant even accommodate the immediate relatives ?? Will the wedded couple loose the blessings of an simple Islamic Nikkah?????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
12-03-2009, 09:33 AM
who says the nikkah HAS to be in the house? can't it be in the masjid.

Unite1
12-03-2009, 10:01 AM
obviously the legal contract at the masjid, but what i meant was the get-together

MSalman
12-03-2009, 02:45 PM
as-salamu alaykum

I cannot find a scholarly answer at the moment and I hate put forward my own words.

Wedding party can be done at any place, insha'Allah, it does not have to be masjid or home. It is encouraged to invite more people so if they don't fit in a house then there is nothing wrong with arranging a bigger place. However, you will have to make sure that such wedding party is free of evil things and doesn't violate the Shari' rulings (i.e., free mixing).

and Allah knows best

For more you want to have a look at followings:
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/11446
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/98249

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
12-05-2009, 03:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Unite1
obviously the legal contract at the masjid, but what i meant was the get-together
Akad nikkah (legal contract) at house or hall is also allowed. But at masjid is better.

sirajstc
12-22-2009, 03:45 AM
Do it like simply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.