/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Special Tip

Beardo
12-08-2009, 06:23 AM
I care for all my Muslim Brothers and Sisters, so I am sending this message out on this board to you all...

Starting from the first day of class, let it be five minutes, let it be an hour, but study consistently every day and don't even skip ONE day.

Don't wait until the night before Final Exams, like I am at this very moment as we speak.

imsad

Take this advice and remember me in your duas.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
12-08-2009, 06:28 AM
:sl:

May your exams will be succesfull.

:nervous:

And may you remember at the next time to start reading before than the last night before your exams.

Beardo
12-09-2009, 12:11 AM
lol ^ Jazakallah.

Had one final today. 3 More to go !

Hayaa
12-09-2009, 01:24 AM
I heard something similar but it was about doing a good deed. :p

May Allaah swt make everything easy for everyone who's taking their finals! ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
12-13-2009, 03:56 PM

Yes a very good tip.... :skeleton:

I'll remember you in my prayers.

Beardo
12-17-2009, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hayaa
I heard something similar but it was about doing a good deed. :p

May Allaah swt make everything easy for everyone who's taking their finals! ameen
You know, it's interesting to me how your first picture was a beautiful soothing rose, and now it's an angry tiger ........

Hayaa
12-17-2009, 01:33 AM
^ offtopic! But the tiger is there temporarily until my new avatar gets in place.

Fטлку
12-20-2009, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Don't wait until the night before Final Exams, like I am at this very moment as we speak.
I do that every single year... ;D
Exams are in Jan..I guess I should start revisin' then :D

Rafeeq
12-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Only few book warms study the whole year ;)

I was also study in the last moment.

Asiyah3
12-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Ameen to the du'aas

I wish my bros would take that advice :/

Misz_Muslimah
12-20-2009, 01:52 PM
I care for all my Muslim Brothers and Sisters, so I am sending this message out on this board to you all...

Starting from the first day of class, let it be five minutes, let it be an hour, but study consistently every day and don't even skip ONE day.

imsad

Take this advice and remember me in your duas.
May allah make your exams easy for you ..
:wa:

Allaah Knows
01-04-2010, 01:06 AM
I have exams this month inshaAllaah..But sadly I can't get my head down unless the pressure is REALLY on i.e. the night before and the morning of the exam when I start cramming. SubhaanAllaah, this is something I can't help and it is only the mercy of Allaah (Ta`aalaa) that I get through these exams.

SubhaanAllaah, I do not think I am lazy. I like hard work, both physical and mental. I just don't know what happens when it comes to studying.

Allaah Knows
01-04-2010, 01:26 AM
MashaAllaah at the sweet rep, baarakAllaahu feeki ukht, whoever you are (as your name didn't appear!) - glad to know it ain't just me then Lol alhamdulillaah

Fטлку
01-09-2010, 05:57 AM
The tip came too late. Exams start on Thursday. Been cramming like crazy. Only 2.5 subjects done :skeleton:
I need duas! imsad
......and now I'll go back to cramming..... -.-

Allaah Knows
01-09-2010, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fטлку
The tip came too late. Exams start on Thursday. Been cramming like crazy. Only 2.5 subjects done :skeleton:
I need duas! imsad
......and now I'll go back to cramming..... -.-
You have 5 whole days sis...don't stress inshaAllaah...that's still a lot of time...just try and use it wisely

Fטлку
01-09-2010, 02:43 PM
^ I don't stress really :hmm:
It's gonna better than I thought :)
It's only mids though.
And I'm here right now coz I'm treating myself as the subject I'm doing today is easy..gonna go back to it in a few :D

Allaah Knows
01-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Lol....and you're online!! haha...go revise sis!!

Fטлку
01-09-2010, 02:47 PM
^ I told you! I'm treating myself.. :X I'm almost done with my subject..:D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-09-2010, 02:53 PM
wow MashaAllah lol ..seriously i thought that i was the only 1, who revised at the last momemto lol.. its quite shocking to see there are others :)..
i hate studying , but we all goto doo what we gorra doo lool..InshaAllaah.
Be Reluctant :D

Fטлку
01-09-2010, 03:09 PM
^ lol I usually do it on the night of the exam but I'm doing it differently this time :p

This was the scene last year:
I would get comfy in bed with a cup of coffee and suddenly I would get really sleepy so I'd push all my heavy textbooks to the floor and fall asleep :p
OR
It would be late at night so I'd turn the tv on loud(coz the silence was creeepy) and once the floor was all littered with chocolate wrappers I'd try to get down to serious studying..but mum would wake up and think i have been studying for long so she'd just drag me off to bed..while I would try to explain to her that she's been asleep for less than an hour :hmm:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Lol sis , my mother would shoutttt a lot, go study,, i would just sit in my room looking at the books, not even reading what i neeeded to for exam..i would fall asleep, looking at the the book for agesss.funny times .

Fטлку
01-09-2010, 03:29 PM
^ I just keep reading and reading but the words don't leave behind a meaning!!

wow. that rhymed :p maybe I should write a poem about the woes of exams :giggling:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-09-2010, 03:31 PM
LOOOL yeah sis. haha and i would be the first to read it :-p..
Reading and reading boring stuff and esp.pointless stuff doesnt get me no where. lol
however Interesting stuff does.. am sure its something we naturally all have i guess : /

Fטлку
01-09-2010, 03:34 PM
^ yeah lol
I could read a 700 page novel if I like but..when I'm reading a textbook..I go like "20 pages to go" and mum keeps telling me to stop reading it like a novel :p
And whenever mum would tell me to study I would start reading the novel we had been assigned in english...that explains why I have read it 2 and a half times despite it being hopelessly boring :p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-09-2010, 03:38 PM
lol wow.. lol @ Novel..sounds geeked up..
yeah there are lots of stuff we get bored off.. whaaat kann we doo? lol.. we got to get the stuff in to our system. the revising off stufff lool
Honestly...Since i started practisiing Islaam, i dont care about other stuff like, its fun to learn about new stuff in Islaam. the hadith, and verse from the Quran. i really really enjoy it. but College or school stuff. is just like sooo out of my league!!! :D

Allaah Knows
01-09-2010, 04:03 PM
SubhaanAllaah. I wish my mum nagged me.

Fטлку
01-09-2010, 04:06 PM
^ WHY? ^o)

Allaah Knows
01-09-2010, 04:11 PM
^ ^ Motivation.

Fטлку
01-09-2010, 04:16 PM
^ then I got lots of motivation :p

My mum (to my sis): you're studying too much. you'll get SICK! (she was locked up in her room studying pathology..:eek: )
Me: How come you never tell me not to study? <_<
Mum: Because you never study.
Me: True :D

oh well..I'm off.. :D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-09-2010, 04:22 PM
^^ Lol Sis *Smiles*

Allaah Knows
01-09-2010, 04:24 PM
maghrib time in uk eh? MashaAllaah.

syilla
01-11-2010, 07:47 AM
I think one day i'll be one of those mom who shouts alot to make my children study :hmm:

Fטлку
01-13-2010, 04:52 AM
^ oh my.. :hiding:

ok. I wasn't home. Took two fat textbooks with me...never opened 'em. Went to cousin's...watched movies, paid a visit to me cuz's school, tried to make my other lil cuz study, ate and watched some more movies. I'm doomed imsad

Asiyaah
01-13-2010, 05:19 AM
Aww exams are such a stressful time. I left my studying to the last min all through university. If running short on time read the last chapter of each textbook, then the last 3-5 paragraphs of each chapter. May Allah help all you students through your exams, Ameen :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-13-2010, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fטлку
^ oh my.. :hiding:

ok. I wasn't home. Took two fat textbooks with me...never opened 'em. Went to cousin's...watched movies, paid a visit to me cuz's school, tried to make my other lil cuz study, ate and watched some more movies. I'm doomed imsad
Man i hate that feeling too, where you need to desperatelyy studyy soo bad,for example if the exam on the next day, but you dont revise you just dont want to over burden or stress your self LOOL..
then you just like regret it, as i did once:heated:imsad:cry:

Fטлку
01-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Today's paper went great!! :D
(At least better than the poor people who didn't see the 20 mark question and accidentally wrote two-three compositions instead of one :giggling:)

ok. Tomorrow's Chemistry. Finished studying it. Don't know a thing :skeleton:
Am I only person in here who has exams? :heated: :'(

But I got it all figured out. If my result comes out bad, I'll just do what all sensible people do when faced with a difficulty: refuse to get out of bed. I'll just stay in there till everybody forgets I ever had exams....:D
OR I could just act all upset and everybody would leave me alone... but I know a frown isn't going to deter mum and dad :X

Misz_Muslimah
01-15-2010, 08:40 PM
^ Lol..but hopefully that won't happen inshallah!! :)

Fטлку
01-16-2010, 07:33 AM
^ InshAllah :X
:omg: :omg: Chemistry went great! yippieee!!!!! :D :D

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-16-2010, 07:49 AM
I don't study consistently through all the academic year. I try to study the night before (and I spend many sleepless nights throughout the exams) and if I'm unsuccessful in that I don't hesitate to copy in exams.;D

But from now on I'll try to study daily...:statisfie

Thank you
:wa:

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Tomorrow is my exam (radar systems), and here I'm browsing this forum!!!;D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Go and study bro..and make dua for the Allmighty to make it easy for you Indeeed
Il keep you all in my duas :)..Indeed for you shalleth suceedeth :D
Insha`Allaah
For we are all geeks :) lol just saying that coz im in a bit of a silly and geekified mood so yeah..:)

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-17-2010, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
Go and study bro..and make dua for the Allmighty to make it easy for you Indeeed
Il keep you all in my duas :)..Indeed for you shalleth suceedeth :D
Insha`Allaah
For we are all geeks :) lol just saying that coz im in a bit of a silly and geekified mood so yeah..:)
Thanks, but I thought that I could give myself a break. I've been studying the whole day. And I'll be a full member by posting 50 posts today. Inshah Allah.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Wa alaaykum Salaam..
Sorry :( ..Insha`Allaah ull be a geeky full member :|..Insha`Allaah bro

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Wa alaaykum Salaam..
Sorry :( ..Insha`Allaah ull be a geeky full member :|..Insha`Allaah bro
By the way is it permissible to have a backup in exam;D like what we say 'reduced size Xerox copies of the text books';D? Because I have prepared that for myself and for my friends;D ROLF

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Wa alaaykum Salaam..
Are Xerox copies of the text books, like smaller versions of the text books your getting in exam? isnt that like cheating? ermm i dunno to be honest .ermmm ermm im not sure, Insha`Allaah someone else is able to help

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Wa alaaykum Salaam..
Are Xerox copies of the text books, like smaller versions of the text books your getting in exam? isnt that like cheating? ermm i dunno to be honest .ermmm ermm im not sure, Insha`Allaah someone else is able to help
Yes that's cheating in examination hall. In think that's justified because I don't like the education system of my University and the darn lecturers and professors are morons. We know better than them.;D

AabiruSabeel
01-17-2010, 06:31 PM

Bro AbdulMajid, cheating in exams is not justified in any case. Radar Systems in not that difficult. A few hours serious study is enough for the whole subject.

And remember, mocking the teachers is a very bad habit. Students who mock the teachers do not benefit from the knowledge. No matter how bad they teach, you must respect them. At least they are your elders.

:w:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Wa alaaykum salaam
Bro as a muslim i would advice you to do what the Prophet Sallahu alayhi wa salam would do, as thats the best of advice.
Accepting the guidance of Islam leads a person to truthfulness, which means a person completely avoids cheating, cheating, and back-stabbing. The Prophet of Islam said:

“Whoever bears arms against us is not one of us, and whoever cheats us is not one of us.” (Saheeh Muslim)

According to another report, the Prophet passed by a pile of food in the market. He put his hand inside it and felt dampness, although the surface was dry. He said:

“O owner of the food, what is this?’

The man said, ‘It was damaged by rain, O Messenger of God.’

He said, ‘Why did you not put the rain-damaged food on top so that people could see it! Whoever cheats us is not one of us.” (Saheeh Muslim)
Insha`Allaah that helps bro.

mish mash
01-23-2010, 03:06 PM
if only i have read this thread before! :D

good tip and good luck in your next test!!
:)

Fטлку
01-25-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! At last, they're overr :D

Soo...Anybody havin' exams? :D

Salahudeen
01-25-2010, 02:16 PM
for the year or for the semester? I've jus finished exams but have more in 3-4 months. :(

Fטлку
01-25-2010, 03:14 PM
^ They were just Mids. Only like 2-3 months till the finals here :skeleton:

I wish all of our papers burn :hmm:

Fטлку
04-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Got five tests on Monday -.-
...and Finals in a month...:hmm:

Misz_Muslimah
04-25-2010, 09:42 AM
^ Hope it all goes well :)
All my end of year exams are on the 10th n 11th of May inshallah

M..x
04-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Abit late for this advice. I have 24 topics I should have revises minimum and my exams begon 4th April. Stoopid brain.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Boring examss...:|

Misz_Muslimah
04-25-2010, 02:27 PM
^ Yeh i know how you feel sis :(

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-25-2010, 03:56 PM
^Yeah Indeed.....i hate when i have to worry about whether i`m going to pass or not..:( totally kills mee (not literally tho) :\

Fטлку
04-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Exams- Mid May.
My plans for today? Going to a Parteh.
God help me.

M..x
05-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Has anyone got a proper way that I can concentrate? i dont know whats happening to me. nothings going in. pleaseeeeeeeeeee someone help =(

Misz_Muslimah
05-08-2010, 08:27 PM
The aim of revision.

The aim is to reduce the amount of information relating to a subject to a series of key-points, any of which you can expand upon in an exam answer. The key point, phrase or word prompts your brain to retrieve the information stored in it. At the end of your revision for each topic or sub-topic, aim to end up with a card or A4 sheet with the KEY points for that section. The structure of revision sessions. Good revision techniques always include:

- An aim for the session. e.g. 'By the end of this two hour revision session I will understand and be able to answer questions on photosynthesis'.

- Thinking about what you know already and identifying the bits you need to spend more time on (usually by doing some sort of self-testing - many revision aids include opportunities for self-testing).

- Breaking down each topic into 'do-able' chunks.

- Revise each section - not just reading the information but doing something active with it (see below)

- Producing notes (shorter each time you revise a particular area) noting key points, phrases or words.

- Testing yourself to see what you have learnt.

- Ticking off the subject on your 'overall list' so that you can see regular progress.

- Revisiting your notes briefly after one day, one week and one month, as well as just before the exam - THIS REALLY WORKS!

The key to effective revision.

- Useful revision involves DOING SOMETHING with the information you are trying to learn and remember. This is ESSENTIAL to allow your brain to learn, make connections and remember. Different people find different activities useful, and you need to find out how you revise best. Some ideas are:· Drawing 'spider maps' on large pieces of paper - to show how different parts of a subject hang together.

- Use pictures and big flip-chart sheets and colour to make posters with key points and display these on the walls or where you will see them regularly.

- Put revision aids up around the house - especially for any 'rote learning' - chemical or mathematical formulae, French verbs – read them when brushing your teeth or eating your breakfast.

- Record yourself making 10 key points about a particular topic, then play it back when you are travelling, running etc

- Highlight key areas of notes or books (if yours), picking out the key points or summaries

- Listen to tapes of e.g. books and plays and discuss them with another person.

- Watch revision DVDs but don't just sit back passively - pause them and make notes of key or difficult areas, test yourself or get someone to watch with you and test each other.

- Read a page and shut the book - what can you remember?

- Tell someone about what you have learned - explain how the heart works over a meal (or perhaps stick to something less gory).

- Get people around you to test you on 'rote knowledge' - have a family quiz.

Memory Techniques.

Find out what helps you to remember stuff. Some ideas are:

- Acronyms (using the first letter of each word to make a word to prompt your memory) e.g. you may find it hard to remember this sentence ' Wholly Inadequate Needless ****ed Outrageous Waste of Space'. However, turn it into an acronym and it becomes much easier: WINDOWS.

- Picture stories (thinking of a strong visual image to associate with each word and linking them together in an unlikely and silly story) e.g. you may find it hard to remember the facts in this sentence, simply by reading it through, 'The great Plague struck London in 1665, followed by the fire of London in 1666, starting in the shop of the baker to King Charles II in Pudding Lane'. Try this out: get a picture (for example) of a large rat (the plague) running around before being burnt (plague year before fire) in a bread oven (bakers shop) with the flames curling up around it like the curls of the numbers 666 (1666), and then being put into a pudding eaten by two King Charles spaniels. Go through the picture sequence a couple of times, and then see if you can remember the 7 facts in the sentence. Ask someone to test you, and see if it works for them.

- Mnemonics are also useful - make up a silly sentence to help you remember the order of something e.g. Never Eat Shredded Wheat (North, East, South, West). Review/Take time occasionally to ask yourself how well your revision techniques are working for you. How much have you covered? Have you stuck to your timetable? Are you ending up with notes you can use for last minute revision? Congratulate yourself for all the subjects you have covered. Change your timetable plan if necessary. Later on when you have revised and revisited each topic, have a go at some old exam questions. Make sure you set the appropriate time limit, and try to work under exam conditions. Don't do this too early (although it's worth looking at them early on to get an idea of the sort of question you will be answering - essays, multiple choice etc.). Do these in plenty of time so that your teacher can mark them.

M..x
05-08-2010, 08:41 PM
problem wth me is, once i've memorised something, i start congratulating too much and then end up thinking i've got my degree before even sitting my exam, having a 10 hour break and then dying about it. i'm officially pathetic and cannot be helped lol

Beardo
05-10-2010, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M..x
problem wth me is, once i've memorised something, i start congratulating too much and then end up thinking i've got my degree before even sitting my exam, having a 10 hour break and then dying about it. i'm officially pathetic and cannot be helped lol
LOL! I enjoyed how you worded that.

I'll just add to that tip, but please don't assume that I do it, because I don't. I'm only spreading the knowledge... And Insha'Allah will try to implement it myself...:

When learning something new, review it 5 times. The next day, revise it 4 times, the day after, 3 times, the day after 2 times, the day after 1 time. Then once every one or two months, review it all. This is a method I learned in my Ta'lim Al-Muta'allim class. :X

Life Artist
05-10-2010, 04:07 PM
absolutely true;

and with extra papers in weekends, A+ is achievable inshallah

jazakallahu khaira

Fטлку
05-11-2010, 07:01 AM
LOL! I enjoyed how you worded that.

I'll just add to that tip, but please don't assume that I do it, because I don't. I'm only spreading the knowledge... And Insha'Allah will try to implement it myself...:

When learning something new, review it 5 times. The next day, revise it 4 times, the day after, 3 times, the day after 2 times, the day after 1 time. Then once every one or two months, review it all. This is a method I learned in my Ta'lim Al-Muta'allim class. :X
Wow. Now all we need is two months :skeleton:

M..x
05-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Breakthrough:
Revise after fajr. It works. Alhamdilullah.

Myself
05-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Breakthrough:
it certainly does. not just revision, any studying/completing tasks/assignments works the best post fajr.

Fטлку
05-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Breakthrough:
I studied at 4 this morning and everything got done in less time than usual :hmm:

M..x
05-13-2010, 01:40 PM
^^ That's really wierd cause it did for me. And I'm thick as a brick nowadays and nothing seems to go in. Try it again Insha'Allah.. Get proper rest ad just du it with a relaxed mind. Stressing doesn't get you far.. Good luck and I LOVE your Sig picture.. I was about to say its SO funky and ironically that is your name aswell. Hah. Goodluck sis <3

Life_Is_Short
05-13-2010, 01:43 PM
I think sometimes a good revision book is all you need to succeed.

M..x
05-13-2010, 03:31 PM
^^ Either that or a sneak preview of the exam paper =P

Fטлку
05-14-2010, 03:47 PM
^^ That's really wierd cause it did for me. And I'm thick as a brick nowadays and nothing seems to go in. Try it again Insha'Allah.. Get proper rest ad just du it with a relaxed mind.
Read my post again :p
And i didn't study after that at all. I got sick...and then had guests over... :hmm:

Stressing doesn't get you far.. Good luck
For some reason I never take stress for exams...ever :hmm:

and I LOVE your Sig picture.. I was about to say its SO funky and ironically that is your name aswell. Hah. Goodluck sis <3
Thank you! 2x. I'll need all the luck i can get ^_^

^^ Either that or a sneak preview of the exam paper =P
So true ^_^

M..x
05-15-2010, 06:30 PM
^ Oopsies my bad! Clearly a blonde moment. You DON'T stress for exams? Oh how I wish I could be like you. I leave everything last minute and then start going through all the emotions there are in me. Bad times. Pray for me ;(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.