/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Daddy Can I borrow $10?

imam bukhari
12-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Daddy Can I borrow $10?

Something to think about…

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5 year old son waiting for him at the door.

“Daddy, may I ask you a question?“

“Yeah, sure, what is it?” replied the man.

“Daddy, how much money do you make an hour?“

“That’s none of your business! What makes you ask such a thing?” the man said angrily.

“I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?” pleaded the little boy.

“If you must know, I make $30.00 an hour.“

“Oh, ” the little boy replied, head bowed. Looking up, he said, “Daddy, may I borrow $10.00 please?“

The father was furious. “If the only reason you want to know how much money I make is just so you can borrow some to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you’re being so selfish. I work long, hard hours everyday and don’t have time for such childish games.“

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even madder about the little boy’s questioning. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money. After an hour or so , the man had calmed down, and started to think he may have been a little hard on his son. May be there was something he really needed to buy with that $10.00 and he really didn’t ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy’s room and opened the door. “Are you asleep son?” he asked.

“No daddy, I’m awake,” replied the boy.

“I’ve been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier,” said the man. “It’s been a long day and I took my aggravation out on you. Here’s that $10.00 you asked for.“

The little boy sat straight up, beaming. “Oh, thank you daddy!” he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow, he pulled out some more crumpled up bills. The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at the man.

“Why did you want more money if you already had some?” the father grumbled.

“Because I didn’t have enough, but now I do,” the little boy replied. “Daddy, I have $30.00 now… Can I buy an hour of your time?“

Moral: Spend time with your kids!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
12-12-2009, 09:29 PM
:sl:

Oh that's sad... imsad

Jazaakallah for sharing.

:sl:

_PakistaN_
12-13-2009, 05:26 AM
Lolz OMG I loved this story.

Humbler_359
12-13-2009, 05:37 AM
Can I buy an hour of your time?“
The trouble is that when your children are young it is also the time that you are trying to establish yourself in your career. Advancement and positive results seem to always go to those who put in the most hours at the job. Which is better for them? You advance in your career so you have more money to buy them things and take care of their needs, like their education, OR, spend more time with them but your career does not go as well?

Personally, I chose to advance in my career and I did not give them as much time but balances. They each have good jobs now themselves. There is no easy answer to this question

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
12-13-2009, 06:28 AM
Thats awsome! I have seen that before posted in my Church....sadly enough it took my son doing something similar before I relised how much time with your children is of the utmost importance.

ardianto
12-13-2009, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by imam bukhari
“If you must know, I make $30.00 an hour.“
US$ 30.00 an hour ???.

Woooww !! in my place, this is amazing salary !.

Maryan0
12-13-2009, 09:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by imam bukhari
Daddy Can I borrow $10?

“Because I didn’t have enough, but now I do,” the little boy replied. “Daddy, I have $30.00 now… Can I buy an hour of your time?“

:cry:
Time with family is precious. Thanks for posting.
salam

Fטлку
12-13-2009, 09:22 AM
awww...imsad

Raaina
12-13-2009, 09:38 AM
imsad aww what a sad story :(

But with an important point.

Caller الداعي
12-13-2009, 09:42 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh touching story!!!!!

Rabi'ya
12-13-2009, 01:13 PM
nice story and oh so true.

time is precious, yet we waste it so much.

Misz_Muslimah
12-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Nice story .

Danah
12-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh that's very deep :(

Many parents think that all what their kids need is food, clothes, school costs!!!

I<3Bush
12-13-2009, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
The trouble is that when your children are young it is also the time that you are trying to establish yourself in your career. Advancement and positive results seem to always go to those who put in the most hours at the job. Which is better for them? You advance in your career so you have more money to buy them things and take care of their needs, like their education, OR, spend more time with them but your career does not go as well?

Personally, I chose to advance in my career and I did not give them as much time but balances. They each have good jobs now themselves. There is no easy answer to this question
Don't you think it would be the opposite? Work hard to establish yourself in your career and then decide to have kids? Why would you have kids and then decide now is the time to work hard?

Italianguy
12-13-2009, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
US$ 30.00 an hour ???.

Woooww !! in my place, this is amazing salary !.
I pay Mohammad $26.00 US dollars an hour plus benefits, Health Ins. Vacation, 401k, Life Ins, bonus, company vehicle, Cell phone, ect. ect.
It comes to much much more than $30 US$. Cost to much to live in this God forsaken place.

God bless. And may Allah grant you a $ raise.:D

Beardo
12-13-2009, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
I pay Mohammad $26.00 US dollars an hour plus benefits, Health Ins. Vacation, 401k, Life Ins, bonus, company vehicle, Cell phone, ect. ect.
It comes to much much more than $30 US$. Cost to much to live in this God forsaken place.

God bless. And may Allah grant you a $ raise.:D
Whose Mohammad? :ermm:

And yeah. That's a sad, sad story. :[

Italianguy
12-13-2009, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Whose Mohammad? :ermm:

And yeah. That's a sad, sad story. :[
My Mohammad.lol He is the office manager for the business i own.

imam bukhari
12-16-2009, 11:57 AM
assalaamu 'alaykum,

allaahu akbar, my post got 16 replies!!!!!

Fטлку
12-16-2009, 12:00 PM
^ It sure did :D
Wonder how many reps it got :p

Innocent Soul
12-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Assalamualaikum
I will never do this.Inshallah !
As i kno how we feel. imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.