/* */

PDA

View Full Version : THE PROPHET-Migration to Ethiopia,and Medina

tresbien
12-12-2009, 07:46 AM
The Prophetic Biography: lesson 17-Migration to Ethiopia,
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 2:00 AM
Click to edit this message... Click to reply to this thread Reply

The Prophetic Biography: lesson 17-Migration to Ethiopia, of his immense Dr. Muhammad Rateb Al-Nabulsi

Translated by : Bassel Hennawi

City : Damascus

Revised by : Ibtehal Ramadan

Text Box: In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful Merciful

All praise to Allah The lord of all worlds, blessing and peace be upon our master Muhammad the truthful in what he had promised and the trustworthy. O Allah we have no knowledge apart from what you have taught us, for you are the All -Knowing and the All-Wise, so teach us what is beneficial for us, and let us benefit from what you have taught us, and increase our knowledge, and let us see truth as it is and make us comply to it, let us see falsehood as it is and help us avoid it, and let us be among those who listen to what had been said and follow the best of it, and let us be at Your mercy among your righteous worshippers. Take us out of the darkness of ignorance and illusion to the light of knowledge, and from the mud of lusts to the gardens of obedience.

Dear brothers we will start today a new lesson of the prophetic biography; we have reached in our last lesson the migration to Ethiopia, but before we start, a clarification need to be made, please pay attention to the following verses, Allah The- All Mighty says:

Verily! As for those whom the angles take (in death) while wronging themselves (as they stayed among the disbelievers even though emigration was obligatory for them), they (angles) say (to them): "in what (condition) were you?" They reply: "We were weak and oppressed on the earth"

They (angles) say: "Was not the earth of Allah spacious enough for you to emigrate therein?" Such men will find their abode in Hell-What an evil destination!

Surat An-Nisa' verse: 97

Would you believe that a weak person on the earth will be under the threatening of the Lord of the worlds unless s/he migrates? But how? Suppose you traveled for a country for one goal; to have your PHD at a university; but you were rejected form being enrolled, would you stay in this country?

There is no point to stay there, you went there for one goal which isn't to be achieved ,in that case you must go to another country, -so it's like the following example ; more crucial:

You exist in this world to worship Allah, and the evidence is:

And I (Allah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (alone).

Surat Athariyat verse: 56
So if something hampered you from worshiping Allah in any country-any country at all- and your main task in this life is to worship Allah, [in such case] you must leave this country, but before leaving this place, if you were able to rectify the situation and you did manage to rectify then don't leave. I.e. if you are capable to change the atmosphere where its convenient to worship Allah, then don’t leave, if you are able to persuade people to change [for the better] then don’t leave.

However; if it is impossible to worship Allah which is the reason of your existence, then leaving is a must. Thus we can understand the honorable verse clearly:

Verily! As for those whom the angles take (in death) while wronging themselves (as they stayed among the disbelievers even though emigration was obligatory for them), they (angles) say (to them): "in what (condition) were you?" They reply: "We were weak and oppressed on the earth"

They (angles) say: "Was not the earth of Allah spacious enough for you to emigrate therein?" Such men will find their abode in Hell-What an evil destination!

What does being weak mean?

Being weak is either lacking potency in a way you were prevented from worshiping Allah, or prevented to make your women or daughters to put on their Hijab [a veil to cover the hair of a female to hide her beauty], or you were prevented from practicing rituals of your religion, that of Allah-exalted He is- has ordered you, in those cases you are weak, you could not rectify nor change, then you must leave.

The other meaning: If you're living at a free country, but you are weak regarging temptations of life and lusts; [in this case] you could not comply with the order of Allah not due to suppression, but because of your weakness, it’s a different kind.

Therefore, whenever you are in a certain country, in which you are prevented to worship Allah, then you must find a place where you are able to worship Allah in, and to fulfill the reason and the objective of your existence, and why you were created in this world, (worshiping).

Dear bothers, the prophet (PBUH) was weak, he suffered a lot, but his uncle was protecting him, but those weak individual Muslims were subjected to torture, confinement, beating, and pain.

The prophet (PBUH) as Allah described him:

Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad [PBUH]) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes for (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day, and remembers Allah much. Surat Al-Ahzab verse: 21
Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger (Muhammad [PBUH]) from amongst yourselves (I.e. whom you know well). It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty. He (Muhammad [PBUH]) is anxious over you (to be rightly guided, to repent to Allah, and beg Him to pardon and forgive your sins in order that you may enter paradise and be saved from the punishment of the Hell-fire); for the believers (he [PBUH ] is) full of pity, kind, and merciful.

Surat At-Taubah verse: 128
The mercy of the prophet (PBUH) for his oppressed companions, who were being tortured and beaten and whose money had been impounded, leaded to his call for migration to Ethiopia ( Habashah) believing that the king of Ethiopia is just.

Speaking of which, what does Islam think of traveling?

The top of which without any exception is:

#1- Traveling for the [Islamic] call

#2- Traveling to preserve your own religion

#3- Traveling to seek knowledge

#4- Traveling to earn ones livelihood

The other type of traveling is for tourism; it is permitted as long as s/he performs the five prayers and cast down her/his eyes [to refrain from looking at what ever displeases the Lord such as an indecent exposure of women or men], and [not having the intention] to disobey God.

However if traveling is a reason for committing sins then it is not permitted [in Islam].

So; the firstly: traveling is for the Jihad( Islamic fighting in the Cause of Allah) secondly :traveling for spreading Islam( Islamic Missionary), thirdly: traveling to preserve one's religion, fourthly: seeking knowledge fifthly: traveling to make one's livelihood.

Some scholars considered that there is a kind of traveling [tourism] is permitted provided that sins are not committed during it.

The first migration was to Ethiopia five years after the prophet (PBUH) received revelation. Those who migrated were eleven men and four women, they deserted secretly till they got to a place called Shu'a ibiah, some were riding others were walking. [by the way] these mosques, lessons, security that Muslims enjoy nowadays , and Islam that you are blessed with, is the price the companions (may Allah be pleased with them) of the prophet (PBUH) had paid handsomely [for the sake of Islam]. A man traveling form Makkah to Ethiopia walking is too difficult, the heat is unbearable.

Yet; Allah had helped them when they got to shore two merchants' ships to carry them all for half a dinar to Ethiopia.

It has been proven that what Um Salamah (the prophet's wife- Allah be pleased with her), who was one of those who migrated to Ethiopia at first time, she said: when the people of Mekkeh besieged us and the prophet's companions were badly hurt and distressed, and saw the harm done against their religion; meanwhile the prophet (PBUH) can do nothing to defend them because he himself was weak. I mentioned The wisdom [of Allah] behind ( the prophet's weakness) twice earlier : is to appreciate what he is entrusted with; he has nothing to offer nor has he a power to protect his followers, he can do them no good or harm, thus; believing him then was a pure belief.

However if a powerful man claimed prophecy and called people to believe hin- I swear Allah- that millions and millions of people would have believed in him fearing him, then this believe is worthless.

Allah The Al-Mighty wanted people to have a real faith in the prophet (PBUH) not [being pushed by] a desire or fear or greed

The prophet (PBUH) was under the protection of his uncle and his clan, no one can do him any harm unlike his companions, he (PBUH) told his companions:

There is a just king in the land of Ethiopia where no one is wronged, so go there until Allah makes a way out of the calamity that you are in.

We migrated- as Um Salama said- in groups till we gathered in it [Ethiopia], it was the best place; of a best neighbor where nothing would do our religion any harm, nor do we fear oppression of its king.

Many narrations tell us that our master Uthman Bin Affan was the first to migrate with his wife Ruquiah the daughter of the prophet (PBUH).

The prophet's daughters were as any of the companions' daughters.

Once, Mrs. Fatimah ( the prophet's youngest daughter) asked the prophet (PBUH) for a maid. He replied: No I will not as long as there are Muslims who are hungry and poor. Which means that he –PBUH was his companions' father , and was one amongst them; and he (PBUH) did not accept to be distinguished from them in any thing.

They were traveling once, and one of them wanted to get a goat ( slaughter it )for his friends to eat, the other said: I will slaughter it, the third said: I will take the skin off, the forth said: I will cook it, the prophet (PBUH) said: I will gather the firewood, his companions said: let us do it for you O Allah's Messenger .

The prophet (PBUH) said: I know that you can do it for me, but Allah hates to see his salve being distinguished from his fellows.

[As I said] Uthman was the first to migrate with his wife Ruquaiah the prophet's daughter, Imam Boukahri narrated a hadeeth reported by Anas saying:

The prophet (PBUH) did not hear anything from Uthman and his wife that they arrived safely to Ethiopia, later a woman came telling the prophet that she had seen Uthman letting his wife on a mule, then the prophet (PBUH) said:

May Allah be their company, Uuthman is the first to migrate to Allah [for the sake of Allah] with his family after Lut [the prophet]

Sometimes you might migrate to preserve your religion, this migration is a medal of honor to you, if you were weak in way that you can not practice your rituals, or mentally weak that you could not withstand temptations.

But there is something else in that respect, someone may go to a western country to study. Life style there seems appealing to him, beautiful country, all needs are available, the income is huge, and everything is at his disposal.

He forgets his homeland, his nation, and that he should be indebted to his country, he is striving to become wealthier. If this man took a heroic decision to go back to his Islamic country, even though it's not developed, rather under development; in order to offer those Muslims His skin brothers- his knowledge and science ; I consider such person an emigrant for the sake of Allah, for he chooses to live with difficulties of his own country in order to offer his services to his Islamic country and to Muslims.

Migration has another meaning, worshiping in time when [everyone's main concern is pleasure of life], in time when a charm of woman or any kind of temptation is influencing one's faith, in time of libertinism, in time when religion becomes vulnerable, in time when the person who strives to preserve his religion becomes like holding a blazing coal in the palm of his hand, in time when women are half naked [in street and public places], in time when the traitor in entrusted and the trustworthy is distrusted, in time when those who call for moralities to be implemented and obscenities to be prohibited are wronged, in time when a believer's heart is broken due to what s/he is witnessing and can do nothing about it, for s/he will be killed if s/he says anything, and if s/he kept silent her/his reputation is defamed, in time when killing takes place as any normal act, the killer does not know the reason behind his action, and the one who was killed does not know the reason for being victimized. In such difficult time ;

He who worships [Allah] at the end of time when confusion, lust and falsehood prevails , and everything becomes completely different from what is commonly known, in time when a virtue becomes an abominable act and vice versa; this migration is purely for the sake of Allah as well [metaphorically speaking].

If we elaborate more on the concept of migration, as the prophet (PBUH) said:

An emigrant is he who deserted what Allah had prohibited [people] from. Narrated by Al Bukhari and Abi Dawoud and Nasa'I reported Ibn Amr
Dear brothers, the door of migration was closed after the Victory (conquering of ) at Mekkeh, the prophet (PBUH) said:
There is no migration after the conquest of Makkeh.

Narrated by Al- Boukhari reported Mujashe'a Bin Masoud

[This means that companions, who migrated along and after the prophet (PBUH) migrated to Al-Madineh till the conquest of Makkeh are the only ones who earned the privilege and the honor to be titled as emigrants]

However; at the end of time, every two cities maybe just like Makkeh and Al-Madineh, in a sense that you could migrate from a city that is like Makkeh [where you are being oppressed or prohibited from practicing your rituals freely or you are being subjected to many temptations that distract you from following the path of the righteous] to a city that is just like Al-Madinah [where you can do all the above].

The first of The honorable companions who migrated were: Uthman Bin Affan, Abed Al-Rahman Bin Awf, Zubair Bin Al-Awam, Abu-Huthaifah Bin Utbah, Mus'ab Bin Omair, Abu-Salama Bin Abed Al-Assad. Uthman Bin Math'uoun and others, of women: Rouqaih the Prophet's (PBUH) daughter, Sahlah Bent Sahl the wife of Abi Huthaifa, Um Salama Bent Abi-Umaiah the wife of Abi-Salama, Laila Bent Abi Huthmah ; the wife of Amer Bin Abi Rabia.

This was known as the first migration of Ethiopia.

Have you noticed, dear brothers, the feminine element? How the solemn female companions were sharing their husbands for better or for worse, in settlement or traveling, roaming or dwelling.

Dear brothers, Abu Baker Al-Sedik has a story, he wanted to follow the emigrants to Ethiopia in the first migration, after Quraish's harm had become harsher on him , despite being of a high rank in amongst his people, but oppression does not tell men of high esteem or who is righteous or who is not.

Abu-Baker took another course, the destination appeared to be to Al Yamen.

He reached a place called Barek Al-Gamad- a five nights' walk from Makkeh- where he met a man called Bin Dagneh, who is the master of al-Qarah tribes the allies of Bani Al-Zuhra Al-Qurashiah- now please pay attention.

He said: where are you heading o Aba Baker?

Abu Baker said: my own people made me desert my home, therefore am wandering about worshiping Allah- You should thank the Lord for you can worship Him at home, and you can enter the house of Allah [mosques]-with no need to get permission- to pray and attend lessons of knowledge, and be able to make your women wear the Hijab [veil that women wear on their to cover it]. Such graces are not appreciated unless you are deprived from.

Bin Dagna said: Men such as your self are not to be expelled nor desert.

Therefore the prophet (PBUH) said:

Grace for meritorious people could only be acknowledged by meritorious people.

Bin Dagna said: Men such as you are not to be expelled nor desert, for you pay charity for those of the lowest income, keep in touch with your kinship, and support those of heavy burden, and honor your guest, and help in times of calamities.

Abu Baker Al-Sedik (may Allah be pleased with him) was the most resembling [in character] among the companions to the prophet (PBUH).

The sun has never laid its light on a man-other than a prophet-better than Abu Baker, and the faith of Abu Baker outweighs weighs down the faith of mankind.

Therefore he (Bin Dagna) protected him; it was a custom during the ignorance era [the time before Islam, it's called in such a way because people of that time made their living on looting and killing one another] that if an honorable person took some one under his protection, no one can do him any harm.

Dear brothers, the truth is as clear as sunshine, I remember that I had a friend whom I consider a pious man, he was known at his job for his trustworthiness, straightness, piety, politeness, commitment and good reputation. He traveled once with someone of higher rank in the department with him; the superior positioned one has nothing to do with religion; thus nothing is forbidden for him; the pious man went with his boss for food but the boss ordered the food to be served without any alcohol, so when they where done the boss asked him: didn't you notice that there was no alcohol on the table? The man said: I did.

The boss said: I did that for you, because you are truly committed to your religion.

Even this kind of people( his boss) appreciates and respects truthful, devoted, pious, trustworthy, and chaste believer when they meet her/him.

This man (Bin Dagna) protected Abu Baker (may Allah be pleased with him), Quraish agreed upon that provided that he practices his worship in his house but not openly. History repeats it self.

After a while Abu Baker started reciting [Qur'an] in the yard of his house, he was a type of men who could not hold him self from crying when reciting Qura'an, which made the wives and the children of the disbelievers gather [around his house] watching and listening attentively and admirably to his recitation, this thing made Quraish's worries arose so Quraishi people called for Bin Dagna to ask him to quit doing that.

Bin Dagna offered Abu Baker to choose between worshiping secretly or he is no longer under his protection, but he said I choose the protection of Allah.

Thus Abu Baker remained with the prophet (PBUH) seeking rescue and protection from Allah exalted He is, enduring with the harm of the disbelievers; after the prophet (PBUH) had allowed him to migrate.

Pay attention to this text: Allah has said in the Holy Authentic Hadeeth "If any creature being seeking refuge in anything of My creatures other than I (Allah)- I know that form his intention- I will make the ground a sink under his feet, and I will cut the ropes to the ceiling( i.e. will abandon him).

On the other hand; If any creature being seeking refuge in I other than My creatures -knowing that through his intention, and then is been plotted against by inhabitants of heavens and earth , Verily I will support him, and I will make away out for him from their plotting".

Dear brothers, shortly after the first migration to Ethiopia; the prophet (PBUH) was praying in the House of Allah [in Mekkeh] reciting Suratat Al-Najm [a chapter in Qura'an called the Stars], so when he was in a prostration position all the people who were with him Muslims and non Muslims did the same.

What do you conclude from such incident?

A believer has light that glows [from his face], and has tranquility and solemnity [in his character], he is respectful and of good company even among those who do not know him.

Among the prophet's (PBUH) characteristics that people venerate him when they firstly meet him, and love him once they deal with him.

So the prophet (PBUH) prayed in the House of Allah and read Surat Al-Najm, he prostrated with Muslims and non Muslims.

The news spread in Mekkeh that Quraish had converted to Islam, the Muslims in the land of Ethiopia heard about that, so some of them went back to Mekkeh, like Uthman Bin Mathoun but what they heard was not true so they went back with a bunch of people and its considered to be the second migration to Ethiopia.

It has been mentioned in some authentic narration that they where 82 men along with their wives and children, in other narration showed that women in the second migration where 18 women.

Dear brothers; Quraish felt pain when Muslims migrated in the first and the second migration to run away form its exemplary punishment, confinement and harm, to live in the land of Ethiopia securely under the rule of the Ethiopian King Al-Najashi, so they (Quraish) plotted against them (Muslims).

Dear brothers, a disbeliever's intention is worse than her/his action, s/he wishes to do even worse than what's been done.

On the other hand; the intention of a believer is better than her/his action;

they escaped to preserve their own religion and lived as strangers in Ethiopia.

Quraish wanted to bring them back by force, therefore they intended after the second migration-after failing to prevent Muslims from migrating, and as a result of their fear from the spread of the Islam - through Ethiopia, they send a delegation formed by Amr Bin Al-A'*** and Abed Allah Bin Rabi'ah.

Amr Bin A'*** was known as the most cunning man amongst Arabs.

"It has been narrated that Mua'wiah Bin Abi Sufian asked him once:

O Amr, I know how cunning you are, but how far have you reached by your cunning?

Amr said: I swear Allah that when ever I get my self into a trouble or a bad situation; I succeed to get my self out of it.

Moua'wiah said: "O Amr, you are not [what you claim to be], but as for me by God, I have never put my self in a situation where I need to get my self out of".

So; who is more cunning: the one who mistakenly puts him self in a bad situation then gets out of it, or the one who does not get involved in it at the first place?

The second one is wiser

Precious gifts where sent to the Al-Njashi [the king of Ethiopia] and his patriarchs with the delegation in order to get those who migrated back to Mekkeh to torture them.

The [members] of the delegation tried to persuade the patriarchs by means of gifts-some times a man is convinced with a certain matter, not because he agrees with it, but because the good pay off is rather persuasive-those men were aware of the weakness of a human being, therefore they implored to make the patriarchs exert pressure on Al-Najashi so that he would send them [Muslims] back with the delegation, so they tempted them with gifts.

They tried another thing, they claimed that those Muslims are nothing but shallow thinking lads who gave up the religion of their own people, and would never convert to the religion of Al-Najashi, but they came up with an originated unknown religion to us ( Quraish tribe) nor to you (patriarchs).

They had a deal with the patriarchs to counsel to Al-Najashi to hand over the Muslims to them, and to never talk to them-O Allah-

A verse form Qura'n was said by our master Sulaiman:

[Sulaiman (Soloman) said: "We shall see whether you speak the truth or you are (one) of the liars.

Surat Al-Naml verse: 27
Al-Najashi thought to investigate that matter him self. He called upon Muslims and asked them to clarify the truth.

Ja'affar Bin Abi Taleb (may Allah be pleased with him)[he is Ali Bin Abi Teleb's brother the Cousin of the prophet (PBUH)] undertook to speak for his emigrant brothers' behalf as we previous mentioned, saying:
" Your majesty, we were people of creed that is based on association with Allah worshiping idols( we were polytheists), and we used to eat the meat of dead animal, our dialogues were offensive, and we [brutally] allow our selves to violate the privacy of each other, such as blood shed and the like, we never determined anything as prohibited or permitted. Until, Allah had sent us a prophet form amongst us, of whom we have experienced loyalty, honesty and trustworthiness; he called for us to solely worship Allah and to disown what our fathers [ancestors] used to worship of idols and stones, and he ordered us to be honest in our speech and to give back what we have been entrusted with [of money or consignment etc…], and to keep bond with our kinship, and to be good neighbors, and to refrain from violating others privacy and blood shed"

[Narrated By Ahmad , reported Um Salama]

By Allah, it is a wonderful speech, then Al-Najashi asked Ja'affar to read of what had been revealed on Muhammad (PBUH), so he read the beginning of chapter Mayiam (Marry).

Al-Najashi cried with cried his patriarchs.

He said these wonderful words: these words ( the recited holy Qura'n) is coming from the same lantern which Moses came with [it is coming form the same origin]

Go a head and live securely and rightly guided in my country, and I swear that no one will do you any harm, feel safe.

Honorable brothers, if you take a leading position, even in one's own house, for instance your daughter came to you complaining about her husband, you must not accept what she is saying even though she is wrong, you must ask your son in- law through the phone: what did my daughter did to upset you? How come you were unfair with her? Do not take your daughter's words as if they were revealed by Allah [flawless], as mentioned earlier:We shall see whether you speak the truth or you are (one) of the liars.

We picture that judges are only in courts, this not true, a father is a judge among his children or daughters or son in laws or brothers.
In fact most people are assigned to judge between two parties.

"We shall see whether you speak the truth or you are (one) of the liars.

However this attempt had failed, so Amr Bin Al-A'*** came the next day to the king saying-he was terrifying-: "They say something terribly bad about Jesus, he meant that :you ( Christian people) consider him the son of God"

Al-Najashi sent for them asking about the matter.

Ja'affar said: we say he is the slave of Allah and His Messenger, he is His word ({be} that made Jesus (PBUH) come to existence) [the ability of Allah to create anything in this universe; thus He can create a fatherless child such as Jesus (PBUH) and change the natural laws that He created Him self exalted He is] and his holy spirit brought down on Merry the virgin.

Al-Najashi: That's the very real truth ever about Jesus?

In other words this is the truth about Isa (Jesus PBUH) the son of Merry, he is the slave of Allah and His messenger, and His word, His holy spirit brought down on Merry the virgin.

Al-Najashi decided to let Muslims live peacefully, so they stayed on the best land with the best neighbor. But as for the priests and the monks who listened to Ja'affar saying and his recital of Qura'an, they burst into tears after they had discovered and known the truth, so Allah revealed his honorable saying:
Verily, you will find the strongest among men in enmity to the believers (Muslims) the Jews and those who are Al-Mushrikin [the ones who associate others in their worship to Allah], and you will find the nearest in love to the believers (Muslims) those who say: "We are Christians." That is because amongst them priest and monks, and they are not proud .

And when they (who call themselves Christians) listen to what has been sent down to the Messenger (Muhammad PBUH) you see their eyes overflowing with tears because of the truth they have recognized. They say: "Our Lord! We believe; so write us down amongst the witnesses.

Surat Al-Ma'idah verces: 82, 83

Dear brothers, the companions of the prophet (PBUH) stayed in Ethiopia according to Allah's will. Obaid Allah Bin Juhsh the husband of Um Hbibah the daughter of Abi Sufian, died there, so in order to honor her while she was away from home and had nobody to lean on, the prophet (PBUH) proposed to her and married her while she was in Ethiopia, who was in charge of her marriage?

It was Al-Najashi, her dowry was 4000, and prepared her trousseau on his account, the prophet (PBUH) did not send her anything, then Al-Najashi sent her with Shurahbil Bin Hasnah.

Honorable brothers, once a delegation from Najashi came to the prophet (PBUH), he (PBUH) refused but to serve them him self out of his high manners and fidelity; so the delegation is served by the prophet (PBUH) him self, his loyalty is cited as an example.

Dear brothers, there are many signs that indicates that Al-Najshi had become a Muslim, for it has been motioned that he embraced Islam which made his people rebelled against him, but he clung to sending Muslims back safely on ships incase he got defeated. He wrote a message certifies his conversion to Islam. Besides the two sheikhs (Boukahri and Muslim-they are one of the most entrusted scholars who collected the authentic sayings of the prophet (PBUH), so their books are regarded as the second references after the holy Qura'an] that the prophet (PBUH) announced the death of Al-Najashi him self when he died in the ninth year of Al-Hijra [I.e. nine years after the prophet (PBUH) migrated to Al-Mdinah], and he prayed the absent funeral prayer with Muslims on his soul. [It is performed when the dead person is a way from where s/he supposed to be buried].
As for The hijrah (Prophet’s migration to Madeenah)
The hijrah (Prophet’s migration to Madeenah)
I would like some of the brothers to help me find some sources or kind of informations about the Hijrah or Hegra of the prophet, because i am doing a research paper on it.

Praise be to Allaah.

When the persecution of the people of Makkah against the Muslims grew intense, Allaah commanded them to migrate so that they could establish the religion of Allaah in a land where they could worship Him.

Allaah chose Madeenah as the land of hijrah (migration for the sake of Allaah). The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw in a dream that he was migrating to that city.

It was narrated from Abu Moosa that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I saw in a dream that I was migrating from Makkah to a land in which there are date-palms, and I thought that it was al-Yamaamah or Hajar, but it turned out to be al-Madeenah, Yathrib…”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3352; Muslim, 4217.

Al-Bukhaari (3906) narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to the Muslims, “I have been shown the land to which you will migrate: it has palm trees between the two lava fields, the two stony tracts.” So, some people migrated to Madeenah, and most of those people who had previously migrated to the land of Ethiopia, returned to Madeenah.

Al-Haafiz said:

The harrah (stony tract) is land whose stones are black. This dream was different from the dream mentioned above in the hadeeth of Abu Moosa in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was not sure where that land was. Ibn al-**** said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was shown the land of migration in a way that could apply to Madeenah and to other places, then he was shown the feature that is unique to Madeenah so it became clear which land that was.

With regard to the first companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to migrate:

It was narrated that al-Bara’ (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The first ones who came to us of the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) were Mus’ab ibn ‘Umayr and Ibn Umm Maktoom. They started to teach us the Qur’aan. Then ‘Ammaar, Bilaal, and Sa’d came, then ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab came with twenty others. Then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came, and I never saw the people of Madeenah rejoice more than that. They rejoiced so much that I saw the girls and boys saying, “This is the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), he has come.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4560.

The following hadeeth sums up many of the events of the Prophet’s migration:

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to the Muslims:

“In a dream I have been shown your place of migration, a land of date palm trees, between two lave fields, the two stony tracts.” So, some people migrated to Madeenah, and most of those people who had previously migrated to the land of Ethiopia, returned to Madeenah. Abu Bakr also prepared to leave for Madeenah, but the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said to him, “Wait for a while, because I hope that I will be allowed to migrate also.” Abu Bakr said, “Do you indeed expect this? May my father be sacrificed for you!” The Prophet said, "Yes." So Abu Bakr stayed behind for the sake of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) so that he could accompany him. He fed two she-camels he owned with the leaves of the samur tree for four months.

One day, while we were sitting in Abu Bakr's house at noon, someone said to Abu Bakr, "This is the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) with his head covered, coming at a time at which he never used to visit us before." Abu Bakr said, "May my father and mother be sacrificed for him. By Allaah, he has not come at this hour except for something important." So the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came and asked permission to enter, and he was admitted. When he entered, he said to Abu Bakr. "Tell everyone who is present with you to go away." Abu Bakr replied, "There is no one here but your family. May my father be sacrificed for you, O Messenger of Allaah!" The Prophet said, "I have been given permission to migrate." Abu Bakr said, "Shall I accompany you? May my father be sacrificed for you, O Messenger of Allaah!" The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "Yes." Abu Bakr said, "O Messenger of Allaah, may my father be sacrificed for you, take one of these two she-camels of mine." The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) replied, "(I will accept it) with payment." So we prepared the baggage quickly and put some journey food in a leather bag for them. Asma’, the daughter of Abu Bakr, cut a piece from her waist belt and tied the mouth of the leather bag with it, and for that reason she was named Dhaat-un-Nitaaqayn (i.e. the owner of two belts).

Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and Abu Bakr reached a cave on the mountain of Thawr and stayed there for three nights. 'Abdullah bin Abi Bakr who was an intelligent and wise youth, stayed (with them) overnight. He would leave them before daybreak so that in the morning he would be with Quraysh, as if he had spent the night in Makkah. He would keep in mind any plot made against them, and when it became dark he would (go and) inform them of it. 'Aamir bin Fuhayrah, the freed slave of Abu Bakr, used to bring the milch sheep (of his master, Abu Bakr) to them a little while after nightfall. So they always had fresh milk at night, the milk of their sheep. 'Aamir bin Fuhayrah would then take the flock away when it was still dark (before daybreak). He did the same on each of those three nights. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and Abu Bakr had hired a man from the tribe of Bani al-Dayl from the family of Bani ‘Abd ibn ‘Adiyy as an expert guide, … he was of the religion of the infidels of Quraysh but the Prophet and Abu Bakr trusted him and gave him their two she-camels and made an appointment with him for him to bring their two she-camels to the cave of the mountain of Thawr in the morning after three nights had passed. And (when they set out), 'Aamir bin Fuhayrah and the guide went along with them and the guide led them along the coast.

Ibn Shihaab said: ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Maalik al-Mudliji, who was the nephew of Suraaqah ibn Maalik ibn Ju'sham, told me that his father informed him that he heard Suraaqah ibn Ju'sham saying, "The messengers of the kuffaar of Quraysh came to us declaring that they had assigned for the persons who would kill or arrest the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and Abu Bakr, a reward equal to their bloodmoney. While I was sitting in one of the gatherings of my tribe, Bani Mudlij, a man from them came to us and stood while we were sitting, and said, 'O Suraaqah! No doubt, I have just seen some people far away on the shore, and I think they are Muhammad and his companions.' " Suraaqah added, "I too realized that it must have been they. But I said 'No, it is not they, but you have seen so-and-so, and so-and-so whom we saw setting out.' I stayed in the gathering for a while and then got up and left for my home. I ordered my slave-girl to get my horse which was behind a hillock, and keep it ready for me.

Then I took my spear and left by the back door of my house dragging the lower end of the spear on the ground and keeping it low. Then I reached my horse, mounted it and made it gallop. When I approached them (i.e. Muhammad and Abu Bakr), my horse stumbled and I fell down from it, Then I stood up, got hold of my quiver and took out the divining arrows and drew lots as to whether I should harm them (i.e. the Prophet and Abu Bakr) or not, and the lot which I disliked came out. But I remounted my horse and let it gallop, giving no importance to the divining arrows. When I heard the recitation of the Qur’aan by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) who was not looking around although Abu Bakr kept doing that, suddenly the forelegs of my horse sank into the ground up to the knees, and I fell down from it. Then I rebuked it and it got up but it could hardly lift its forelegs from the ground, and when it stood up straight again, its forelegs caused dust to rise up in the sky like smoke. Then again I drew lots with the divining arrows, and the lot which I disliked, came out. So I called to them to let them know they were safe. They stopped, and I remounted my horse and went to them. When I saw how I had been hampered from harming them, it came to my mind that the Cause of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) (i.e. Islam) would become victorious. So I said to him, "Your people have assigned a reward equal to the bloodmoney for your capture." Then I told them all the plans the people of Makkah had made concerning them. Then I offered them some journey food and goods but they refused to take anything and did not ask for anything, but the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, "Do not tell others about us." Then I requested him to write for me a guarantee of security. He ordered 'Aamir bin Fuhayrah to write it for me on a piece of animal skin, then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) went on his way."

Ibn Shihaab said: 'Urwah ibn al-Zubayr told me: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) met al-Zubayr in a caravan of Muslim merchants who were returning from Syria. Al-Zubayr gave the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and Abu Bakr a gift of white clothes. When the Muslims of Madeenah heard the news of the departure of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) from Makkah (towards Madeenah), they started going to the harrah (lava field) every morning. They would wait for him till the heat of the noon forced them to return. One day, after waiting for a long while, they returned home, and when they went into their houses, a Jew climbed up onto the roof of one of the forts of his people to look for something, and he saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions dressed in white clothes, as if they were emerging out of a desert mirage.

The Jew could not help shouting at the top of his voice, "O Arabs! Here is your great man whom you have been waiting for!" So all the Muslims rushed to pick up their weapons and went to meet the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) on the lava field. The Prophet turned with them to the right and alighted in the land of Bani 'Amr ibn 'Awf. This was on Monday in the month of Rabee’ al-Awwal. Abu Bakr stood up, receiving the people while the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) sat down and kept silent. Some of the Ansaar who came and had not seen the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) before, began greeting Abu Bakr, but when the sunshine fell on the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and Abu Bakr came forward and shaded him with his cloak, only then did the people come to know the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) stayed with Bani 'Amr ibn 'Awf for ten nights and established the mosque (mosque of Quba’) which was founded on piety. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) prayed in it and then mounted his she-camel and moved on, accompanied by the people till his she-camel knelt down at (the place of) the mosque of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) at Madeenah. Some Muslims used to pray there in those days, and that place was a yard for drying dates belonging to Suhayl and Sahl, two orphan boys who were under the guardianship of As’ad ibn Zuraarah. When his she-camel knelt down, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "This place, Allah willing, will be our place." The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) then called the two boys and told them to name a price for that yard so that he might take it as a mosque. The two boys said, "No, but we will give it as a gift, O Messenger of Allaah!" The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) refused to take it as a gift and insisted on buying it from them, then he built a mosque there. The Prophet himself started carrying unburnt bricks for its building and while doing so, he was saying "This load is better than the load of Khaybar, for it is more pious in the Sight of Allaah and purer and better rewardable."

He was also saying, "O Allaah! The actual reward is the reward in the Hereafter, so bestow Your Mercy on the Ansaar and the Muhaajireen."

Thus the Prophet recited (by way of proverb) the poem of some Muslim poet whose name is unknown to me.

Ibn Shibaab said, "We have not heard in any ahaadeeth that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) recited any complete line of poetry apart from this.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3906

But there is a specious argument put forward by some of those who want to stir up doubts about Islam. They say that the seerah narrated that the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and Abu Bakr migrated with two she-camels, and they entered the cave, and Quraysh pursued them; if they had two she-camels with them, the people of Quraysh would have known that Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companion had entered the cave. So where were the two camels?

These doubters want to attack Islam so that people will not believe the seerah of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and to make them think that the seerah is based on illusions and lies.

The response to this specious argument is very simple indeed. The report quoted above – of which these people are unaware, or they ignore it – tells them that the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had hired a guide to show them the way, and even though he was a follower of the kaafir religion of Quraysh, they trusted him. So they gave their mounts to him and made an appointment with him for him to bring their mounts back to them at the cave of Thawr after three nights had passed.

This hadeeth clearly refutes their specious argument and shuts them up. Praise be to Allaah for guidance after misguidance.

Another thing that happened to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and Abu Bakr on their way to Madeenah:

It was narrated that Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) – when I was in the cave – “If any one of them looks down at his feet he will see us.” He said, “What do you think, O Abu Bakr, of two people of whom Allaah is the third?”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3380; Muslim, 4389

This is a summary of the events of the hijrah. Whoever wants to know more may consult references such as al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah by Ibn Katheer, 4/168-205

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A

But for us we should stop sinning and repenting to Allah for our shortcomings towards our religion and to our creator and prophet.Our success can not be achieved except through good conduct with muslims and non muslims and through correcting our mistaks and manners.

unbias

Read Re: The hijrah (Prophet’s migration to Madeenah)
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 2:23 AM in response to: unbias in response to: unbias
Click to edit this message... Click to reply to this thread Reply

Fiqh esseerah: Lesson 27- the Immigration_ Details of the migration” By his eminence, Professor Mohammad Ratib Ennabulsi

Translated By: Hanan Mansi

In the name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Gracious

Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds and peace and blessing be upon our master Mohammed, the honest & truthful. O Allah! We have no knowledge except what you have taught us, you are the All- Knower and the All- Wise. O Allah! Teach us what benefits us and benefit us from what you’ve taught us and enhance our knowledge. Show us the true as true and enable us to follow it and show us the falsehood as falsehood and enable us to avoid it. Make us from those who listen to the saying and follow the best thereof, and make us by your mercy from your righteous worshippers. Bring us out from the darkness of ignorance and illusion to the light of knowledge and science and from mires of vain desires to heavens of pious acts.

Dear brothers, with a new lesson from the lessons of jurisprudence Biography of the Prophet. We already reached the topic of migration last time where the concept of migration was discussed: Immigration is a movement, quitting what Allah prohibited us, and immigration exists between every two cities semi Makkah and Madinah.

From Ma’qil Bin Yasar: Prophet Mohammad PBUH said:

“ Worship in turmoil is like immigration to me”

[Narrated by: Muslim]

And the long talk was about Allah’s saying:

Verily! As for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves (as they stayed among the disbelievers even though emigration was obligatory for them), “In what (condition) were you? They reply: ‘We were weak and oppressed on the earth.” They (angels) say: “Was not the earth of Allah spacious enough for you to emigrate therein?” Such men will find their abode in Hell_ What an evil destination!

Surat An_Nisa’ (The Women) lV, 97

Now to the details.

Choosing Yathrib as a place of immigration

In the second lesson about immigration choosing Yathrib a place for immigration was not only a need of the mission’s circumstances, but it was a revelation/inspiration from Allah the Great and Almighty.

The Comment:

Every event that took place in the era of prophet Mohammad (PBUH) was meant for its own sake by the divine providence because the purified prophetic sunna is the prophet’s sayings, deeds, and approval. Some scholars say that his deeds are much more guiding for knowing Allah and understanding His words, why? Because speech can be interpreted in different ways, but action is restrictive. So all his deeds were legislation. Only to the prophet alone we refer to his words, actions, silence and qualities as legislation.

“ …And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad PBUH gives you, take it , and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it). And fear Allah; verily, Allah is Severe in punishment.”

Surat Al_Hashr (The Gathering) L I X, aya 7

“He who obeys the Messenger(Mohammad PBUH), has indeed obeyed Allah, ..”

Surat An_Nisa’ (The Women), IV, 8

Because Allah’s order is clearly evident, with definitive evidence that we must obey the Messenger of Allah, in his statements and actions, and approvals, accordingly his actions should be immune from error because he is a legislator.

The Prophet’s (PBUH) vision of Yathrib in his sleep.

Therefore, we must take the Biography of the Prophet as events Almighty God wanted for a very serious lesson, to make the Prophet PBUH take a whole stand with them, then this situation is considered a legislation. Allah Almighty is the one who chose Yathrib. It was stated by Aisha (May Allah be Pleased with her) that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

((I was shown/inspired about your place of Immigration, A land of palm between two lavas, and these are the volcanic and stony areas).

[Al-Bukhari from Aisha]

((I was inspired)), and the vision of prophets is right, the vision of prophets is order.

“He said: O my son! I have seen in a dream that I am slaughtering you (offering you in sacrifice to Allah). So look what you think !” He said: “O my father! Do that which you are commanded, ..”

Surat As_Saffat, ( Those Ranged in Ranks) XXXVII, 102

Visions of prophets are orders, and Allah Almighty is the one who chose Yathrib as a place for Migration. So it was mentioned in some of the references by the Prophet PBUH that when he immigrated from Mecca, he said:

“Oh God! You brought me out from the country I love most please house me in the country You love the most”

[Narrated by the Governor from Abu Hurayrah]

Therefore it was Madinah, so those who visit Mecca and Madinah say that the general atmosphere in Mecca is an atmosphere of reverence , while the general atmosphere in Medina is an atmosphere of beauty. The spirituality of the Prophet dominates this prophetic city. Well then:

((I was shown/inspired about your place of Immigration, A land of palm between two lavas, and these are the volcanic and stony areas).

[Al-Bukhari from Aisha]

In another Hadith:

“ In my dream, I saw myself emigrating from Mecca to a land with palm trees, it crossed my mind that that it was Yamama, or Hajar, while the city was Yathrib”.

[Al-Bukhari from Abu Musa]

Of the causes of migration

The causes of migration are well known, where infestations and persecution were the causes of the migration of Prophet’s companions (PBUH) by order of Allah to the city chosen by Him. The fact is that the primary function of Madinah was to secure safe shelter for the mission. That is why you should leave any place that hinders you from worshipping Allah, because the reason of your existence is worshipping Allah, and if the prophet (PBUH) said:

“There is no migration after the conquest”.

[Agreed on narrated by Ibn Abbas]

This means that the door of immigration between Mecca and Medina was closed after the conquest, but the truth is that the door of migration is wide open between any two cities similar to Mecca and Madinah.

I mentioned in an earlier lesson that if man was weak by suppression from worshipping Allah, then he should emigrate, and if he weakens by dominance to worship Allah, he should emigrate too, but if he weakens in front of the forces of evil or desires, then the reason for immigration would be to provide a safe place for the mission, and worship Allah the Almighty. The reason for migration is tyranny against the believers and the prophet’s companions in Mecca.

Before the migration, the believers used to flee with his religion to Allah the Almighty. By the way, travel is permitted for a variety of reasons, the most important of which is the ‘jihad’ for the sake of Allah the Almighty. After the ‘jihad’ comes fleeing with religion, then the missionary work, then seeking livelihoods. These are the legitimate reasons for migration that this great religion states.

But now there is tourism, travel for committing atrocities and doing the forbidden and sins. The travel that raises man to the highest of heights is that aimed at fleeing with one’s religion, seeking knowledge, seeking livelihood. Nowadays people travel to flee away from Allah, to commit sins and atrocities.

Dear brothers, things are for their purposes, assessing things for their purposes. Any travel aimed at detachment from Allah’s way does not please Allah. In some countries where some of their citizens plot with some of the rules of this religion, like the hijab, for instance, you see a strange scene at airports, the woman who was wearing a hijab a while ago, is no longer wearing it after entering the plane, and appeared at her best looks. Some observers commented on this unacceptable phenomenon that the religion embraced in a place and released in another place is a geographical religion.

Believers used to flee with their religion to Allah the Almighty because Quraysh used to tyrannize those who followed the prophet (PBUH). There is a question worth standing at and answering quietly:

What is the wisdom of the Prophet’s weakness?

What is the wisdom of the Prophet’s weakness? The evidence to that when the prophet (PBUH) could not rescue Ammar Bin Yaser from torture when he passed by him and saw him being tortured, all he said was:

“Patience Yaser Family, you are promised with paradise”

[the prophet’s jurisprudence with saheeh attribute]

Why was the prophet weak? Or what is the wisdom of the prophet’s weakness?

“ I do not possess from Allah neither harm nor benefit to you”

[Narrated by At_Tirmithi from Abu Hurayra]

But:

“Say (O Muhammad (PBUH): “ I possess no power over benefit or hurt to myself,…”

Surat Al_A’raf (The Heights),VII, 188

Why is that? Because if he was strong and powerful like the powerful people of this time, and came with this message, millions would believe in him, not out of conviction, belief, or worship, but out of fear. This belief is worthless to Allah the Almighty , that is why the wisdom of Allah the Most Graceful was to make the master of creation weak, owns nothing that harms or benefits himself or them, in order to make belief in the prophet of Allah (PBUH) real. But a while later Allah the Great granted him with power.

Conditions of believers with God

By the way, each believer has three conditions with Allah, and this goes for every believer:

The first condition: the condition of discipline, if there are violations.

The second condition: the condition of affliction while he is straight.

The third condition: the condition of honoring

You are amongst the discipline, affliction, and honoring. These three conditions may be intertwined or distinct. A stage of discipline, a stage of affliction and a stage of honoring . In one day, Maybe you receive a treatment from Allah based on discipline, another one based on affliction, and a third one based on honoring.

“Do people think that they will be left alone because they say We believe, “ and will not be tested.”

Surat Al_ Ankaboot (The Spider), XXIX, 2

Do you think that man can say : I am a believer without being examined? Allah the Great and Almighty said:

“.. for sure We are ever putting (men) to the test.”

Surat Al_Mu’minoon (The Believers) XXII, 30

Allah the Almighty is capable of giving every person his size, or restoring his natural size, Say whatever you want, but Allah brings to this person conditions that reveal the truth wisely, so nothing is hidden from Allah the Almighty.

“Allah knows the fraud of the eyes, and all that the breasts conceal”

Surat Ghafer (The Forgiver), XL, 19

He knew what was, what is being, and what will be, and knew what did not be if it is how it will be.

Believers before migration were of two kinds; those who are infatuated with Allah, who fled with their religion to Allah fearing being seduced, and those who were being tortured by their hands, those fleeing to other countries, so they were either tortured , infatuated, running, oppressed and fleeing with his religion.

“Allah’s goods is precious/expensive, Allah’s goods is paradise, Allah’s goods is paradise”

[Narrated by Tirmidhi and Hakim Al- Mustadrak from Abu Hurayrah

This wisdom of ordering patience in Mecca and the non-fighting

A paradise as wide as the heavens and the earth does not come with two bows and two liras, it needs great effort. Those who seek paradise without work, their demand is misdeed. Scholar of the world Abdullah bin Abbas says: the polytheists of Mecca used to hurt the companions of the prophet (PBUH) and he would say:

“ Be patient, for I was not ordered to fight”

[appeared in the reference]

There is divine guidance that is in fact a legislation, that is Allah the Almighty does not accept what is called in the contemporary expression a civil war.

“Have you not seen those who were told to hold back their hands (from fighting) and perform As-Salat,..”

Surat An_ Nisa’ (The Women), IV, 77

This verse in Mecca, there might be a believer and a polytheist in one house living under the same roof. If fighting had been permitted in Mecca, it would have been a civil war, it would have burnt the green and the dry, Allah the Almighty said:

“Say: “ He has power to send torment on you from above or from under your feet, or to cover you with confusion in party strife, and make you to taste the violence of one another ..”

Surat Al_An’am (The Cattle), VI, 65

Yet the third is the most difficult aspect in the worldly life

Another thing, the mission does not grow except with peace. When the honorable companions moved to Madinah where there is peace and quiet/tranquility, their abilities grew and their activities increased, they approached Allah. This is the way of man. I confirm this meaning to you once again: that when Allah the Almighty said:

“Verily, We have given you (O Muhammad PBUH) a manifest victory.”

Surat Al_Fath, (The Victory) XLVIII, 1

When was this conquest? It was in Al_Hudaybiyah reconciliation. The reason for this reconciliation was peace, security and stability. That is what Muslims are missing today. They neglected and failed earlier, and did not prepare themselves for their enemies, so their enemies used various ways to frighten them and threaten them and pressure them, Allah the Almighty said:

the prophet (PBUH) says:

“ Be patient, for I was not ordered to fight”

[appeared in the reference]

When the prophet (PBUH) immigrated to Madinah, and muslims were stable, with entity; leadership and followers, then Allah the Almighty’s saying was revealed /descended from heaven:

“Permission to fight (against disbelievers) is given to those (believers) who are fought against, because they have been wronged; and surely, Allah is able to give them (believers) victory)”

Surat Al_Haj (The Pilgrimage) XXII, 39

The first immigrants from men and women

Those were the first verses of fighting, now to the first immigrants. Mus’ab Bin Umair and Abdullah Bin Maktoom were the first to immigrate to Madinah. They used to read the Qur’an to people as was mentioned in the reference of the prophetic biography. Whereas other narrations mention that the first immigrants were Abu Salama Bin Abdul Asad, and that was when Quraish tortured him after coming back from his migration to Al_Habasha, so he went to Yathrib one year before the homage of Aqaba. The two narratives can be combined that this companion Abu Salama arrived Madinah , not as an immigrant, but fleeing with his religion, and that was before the homage. As if that who mentioned Mus’ab Bin Umair to be the first immigrant meant that noble man, because he immigrated according to the prophet’s order after the first homage and the second one. The events of the prophet’s biography and the other resources showed ways of Quraish to hinder the Muslims migration to Yathrib and cause trouble in the faces of immigrants, like terrorism, restraining the wives and children, stealing money, or deception to send back those who already immigrated. Because if those Muslims did not immigrate, they would be under their domination and control, if they immigrated, they would escape their grip and control. That was why Quraish prohibited migration, either by stealing money, restraining wives, threat or menace.

But the companions were willing to sacrifice all their belongings for their survival. Um Salama has a strange story that is mentioned in the companions’ biography, and how she was with her first husband,, and how Quraish took her and her child away from her husband, and how the journey of torture lasted about a year before she got the chance to get her son back and follow her husband who had already immigrated and they took her while she was with him, prevented her from migration and took her son as a hostage. A year passed by before she was able to reach Madinah, or get her son back. The truth is that Um Salama’s story has some amazing details, as the prophet (PBUH) said:

“The best of you in the pre Islamic time are the best in the Islamic time on condition they apprehend”

[Narrated by Bukhari from Abu Hurayrah]

Uthman Bin Talha was not a muslim yet. He sympathized with her, a woman whose husband was in Madinah and was captured in Mecca. She was a believer whereas her people were not. Therefore he took her with her child for two weeks from Meacca to Madinah each on a camel, he never looked at her, that was before he entered Islam. If he wanted to comfort her, he used to make her camel kneel down, and keep a distance, then when he wanted to proceed his travel, he would awaken the camel, call her to ride it, and turn his face the other way, and then go with the camel. He was a polytheist before he entered Islam, that was why when the prophet(PBUH) used to say when he saw someone entering Islam, so and so:

“ You entered Islam on whatever goodness you had”

[Narrated by Ahmad in his attribute from Hakim Bin Huzam, agrred upon]

And the prophet (PBUH) used to say: “ the best of you in pre Islam are the best of you in Islam if they understand”

. Commenting on this fact: that Allah the Almighty takes care of the righteous ones, any good person, even if he did not know Allah the Almighty will be taken care of and led to faith by Allah the Almighty.

Suhayb Al-Rumi was prevented to immigrate by the leaders of Quraish pretext that he had come to Mecca Poor, so they said to him: your money increased amongst us, and you reached this level, and you want to leave now, we made you, you came poor and became rich, we won’t let you. So Suhayb offered to give them all his money in exchange for releasing him, then they agreed. When the prophet (PBUH) heard, he said:

(Suhayb has won, Suhayb has won, Suhayb has won)

If you pay all your money, and you are able to believe and survive, then you are the first winner, from here it was said: It is impossible thousands of times to obey Him and lose, and it is impossible thousands of times to disobey Him and win.

Omar bin El_ Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, narrates the news of his immigration, where he agreed with Ayyash bin Abi Rabi’a, Hisham bin Al- ‘Aas Assahmi to meet in a place far from Mecca, and how Hisham bin Al-‘Aas was locked away from them, and how he was seduced. Then he talked about the news of their arrival to the city and staying at Bani Omar Bin Awf’s, and how Abu Jahl and his brother Al_Harith went to Ayyash Bin Abi Rabee’a and persuaded him of the importance of going back to Mecca to be faithful to his mother’s oath who swore not to let any comb touch her hair until she sees him, and how Omar warned him from the two of them, saying: “Ayyash, “ I swear to Allah that what these people want is to infatuate you from your religion, beware of them”.

Well then, a Muslim’s money was taken all, another’s wife and child were kept as hostages, the third was prevented to immigrate by force, and tied some of the way, and was taken to Mecca, and got seduced. Omar says: “We used to say: Allah will never accept a solution, nor justice nor repentance from those who had been infatuated, people who knew Allah, then returned to polytheism, after an ordeal. When prophet Mohammad (PBUH) came, Allah the Almighty revealed these verses about them:

Say: “O ‘Ibadi(My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: verily, Allah forgives all sins. Truly He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.(53), and turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islamic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him (in Islam) before the torment comes upon you, (and) then you will not be helped, (54) And follow the best of that which is sent down to you from your Lord ( i. e this Qura’an, do what it orders you to do and keep away from what it forbids), before the torment comes on you suddenly while you perceive not(55).”

Surat Az_Zumar (The Groups), XXXIX, 53-55

Brothers, troubles that the messenger’s companions endured are too much to imagine until religion reached us, and was served to us on a gold platter. What is recommended from the faithful these days? They are requested to maintain their religion, perform their worship, and do good things. Whereas the honored companions were infatuated, some of them were killed, and imprisoned, their money was taken, and their wives restrained. They were heroes really, even the prophet’s friends were selected, he (PBUH) used to say:

((“Allah chose me and chose friends for me)).

[the small collection, by Anas with weak reference]

The Necessity of the association, and the warning against separation

It is the greatest blessing and honoring by Allah the Almighty that you are surrounded by people of your kind, you appreciate them and they appreciate you, you loves them and they love you, you help them and they help you.

“ O you who believe! Be afraid of Allah, and be with those who are true (in words and deeds)”

Surat At_Taubah (The Repentance) IX, 119

That means you cannot be good believers unless you are with believers, with honest and truthful people . Avoiding the polytheists and disbelievers is crucial , but getting away from the righteous and piety ones is a big mistake.

“And keep yourself (O Muhammad PBUH) patiently with those who call on their Lord ( i.e your companions who remember their Lord with glorification, praising in prayers, and other righteous deeds) morning and afternoon, seeking His Face; and let not your eyes overlook them, desiring the pomp and glitter of the life of the world; and obey not him whose heart We have made heedless of Our Remembrance, and who follows his own lusts, and whose affair (deeds) has been lost.”

Surat Al_Kahf(The Cave), XVIII, 28

“The group is mercy and separation is torture”

[Narrated by Ahmed from Nu’man bin Bashir with Hassan refernce]

Allah is with the group and Allah’s hand is with the group.

From Ibn Omar that the prophet (PBUH) said:

“Allah does not group my people on misdeed, Allah’s hand is with the group, and whoever deviates will be deviated to hell”

[Narrated by Attirmithi

“Whoever wants the affluence of paradise must stick to the group, satan is with the one, and he is further fromthe two"

[Ahamd]

From Mu’ath Bin Jabal from the messenger of Allah (PBUH):

“Satan is man’s wolf as the sheep’s wolf, he takes the distant sheep, beware of the isolated areas, and stick to the group and the public”

Dear Brothers, Quraish conspired on the prophet’s life (PBUH) after they knew about what happened between the Prophet (PBUH) and the “Ansar’ in the second Aqaba, and they saw Muslims emigrating to Yathrib in groups and individually, and the Zahri has kept the history of this , he said:

After Hajj, the prophet (PBUH) stayed the rest of the month “thil Hijjah, Muharram, Safar’, and then the polytheists agreed to kill him. The news spread that the prophet (PBUH) left Mecca on Monday, entered Madinah on Monday too. More details about the conspiracy of Quraysh to kill the prophet are discussed in the next lesson if Allah wills.

Praise be to Allah Lord of the Worlds

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.