/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Squatting!!! (And, no im not embarassed to post this!!!)

imam bukhari
12-14-2009, 12:13 PM
assalaam o alaykum,

http://www.toilet-related-ailments.c...squatting.html

interesting...interesting... lol

wassalaam o alaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Caller الداعي
12-14-2009, 12:18 PM
wow mashallah

Raaina
12-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I read when people go abroad and use squat toilets, first they are horrified by it and then they realise its actually ALOT better then putting your bottom on the same seat that has touched how many other dirty bottoms!

Caller الداعي
12-14-2009, 12:45 PM
lol ye dats true !!!!! but u gota get used to it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Raaina
12-14-2009, 01:04 PM
But surely for men its not that hard, you just stand up and pee anyway, it would only be difficult for women until we got used to it, because we don't have the stand up advantage! :P

Caller الداعي
12-14-2009, 01:07 PM
lol naaa trust me i knw lots of guys who find it difficult coz u gota be carful of da sprays day always ask when they go to a mosque ' do they have english toilets?'

Blackpool
12-14-2009, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
I read when people go abroad and use squat toilets, first they are horrified by it and then they realise its actually ALOT better then putting your bottom on the same seat that has touched how many other dirty bottoms!
That's when you cover the toilet seat with toilet paper and throw a load of tissue in the toilet bowl...

I cannot believe you lot are talking about this :skeleton:

Caller الداعي
12-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Islamic manners cover every minor act, even those most private to us. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) taught us for example the issues of taharah (purity, cleanliness) with reference to relieving oneself, menstruation, Janaba (major ritual impurity), bathing for example. Even the most private moments are detailed in Hadith, relating guidance to the believers.

At the time of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم), one of the polytheists mockingly said to Salman al-Farsi, “ Your Prophet taught you everything, even the manners of going to the toilet” Salman answered, “Yes, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) forbade us from facing the qibla (direction of the Ka’ba) when urinating or relieving ourselves” Salman continued “The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) asked us not to use the right hand when cleaning ourselves and to use at least three stones for cleaning” .

(Reported in Muslim)

Mohamed_
12-14-2009, 02:15 PM
You may think now I'm stupid, but what is 'squatting'? Is that when you wash your under body after used toilet?

Chuck
12-14-2009, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
That's when you cover the toilet seat with toilet paper and throw a load of tissue in the toilet bowl...

load of tissue is still not hygienic. You need to use a lot of tissue and it can still get wet contact your skin. Lot of work. Squatting toilets are easier.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-14-2009, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
But surely for men its not that hard, you just stand up and pee anyway, it would only be difficult for women until we got used to it, because we don't have the stand up advantage! :P
I thought men are supposed to sit and not stand?

جوري
12-14-2009, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_
You may think now I'm stupid, but what is 'squatting'? Is that when you wash your under body after used toilet?
when you use one of these (they are practically obsolete) my grandmother had a toilet like that..

Mohamed_
12-14-2009, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
when you use one of these (they are practically obsolete) my grandmother had a toilet like that..

Is that a toilet? Hehe... Strange one. :)
My primary school class' boss has been to a trip in Bulgaria and she said there are the same toilets like that.

Thank you for turning on the light in my head. ^^ :statisfie

cat eyes
12-14-2009, 04:43 PM
how are you meant to sit your bum on that thing it will be uncomfortable wouldn't it :><:

S_87
12-14-2009, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
how are you meant to sit your bum on that thing it will be uncomfortable wouldn't it :><:
you dont. you 'sit' on your feet and 'squat'
like so:

http://www.crossfitsantacruz.com/.a/...2b44970b-500wi

weird topic

ardianto
12-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Is that a toilet? Hehe... Strange one. :)
My primary school class' boss has been to a trip in Bulgaria and she said there are the same toilets like that.

Thank you for turning on the light in my head. ^^ :statisfie
Come to Indonesia. You can find that Strange one in everywhere. :D

Mohamed_
12-14-2009, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Come to Indonesia. You can find that Strange one in everywhere. :D
Maybe I'll, I'm planning to move to Malaysia. ^^ :D

I<3Bush
12-14-2009, 05:20 PM
They are the norm back home. Well except for now. Last time I went there, there was a lot more above ground(?) toilets. The ones on the floor that I used didn't seem to flush all that great. Not sure if it was just the toilets I used or if thats just how they are. I definitely didn't feel comfortable using them :exhausted

ardianto
12-14-2009, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by I<3Bush
They are the norm back home. Well except for now. Last time I went there, there was a lot more above ground(?) toilets. The ones on the floor that I used didn't seem to flush all that great. Not sure if it was just the toilets I used or if thats just how they are. I definitely didn't feel comfortable using them :exhausted
Do you know ?, in Indonesia many people are squat on 'seat toilet', because they feel uncomfort if they must sit when Bombing. ;D

cat eyes
12-14-2009, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
you dont. you 'sit' on your feet and 'squat'
like so:

http://www.crossfitsantacruz.com/.a/...2b44970b-500wi

weird topic
oh i see that surely would not be good for a persons back :hmm:

Beardo
12-14-2009, 06:13 PM
You guys make me laugh. ;D

Allow me to share a story with you all...

So I went to Bangladesh for about 10 days. One day I stayed at my cousin's house, who has no toilet... He has a squatter toilet, or whatever you call it. I realized it's not only good for yoir muscles, but it's cleaner as well, no splashing etc.

Don't want to get too detailed here....

It's a little embarassing to post your squatting experiences, innit?

Lotas FTW!!!

Beardo
12-14-2009, 06:30 PM
^ The picture above is a zAk Attack.

I'm guessing that's a sketch of myself, modeling for the toilet corporation...

Either way, they didn't need to put a picture for it... Also because theguy is doing his business with his pants on...

Is it just me or is this thread getting awkward?

AlHoda
12-14-2009, 06:39 PM
I am sorry what is squating? ;D ( I know it's something embaresing)

Beardo
12-14-2009, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
^ The picture above is a zAk Attack.

I'm guessing that's a sketch of myself, modeling for the toilet corporation...

Either way, they didn't need to put a picture for it... Also because theguy is doing his business with his pants on...

Is it just me or is this thread getting awkward?
What the Pakoras!! zAk keeps attacking me. >_> I initially said "sketch of zAk". hmph.

Also, squatting is when you sit on the ground both feet on the ground with your rear end above the ground.... Does that make sense?
There's a picture above about squatting.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
12-14-2009, 07:05 PM
I think this thread is WEIRDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

جوري
12-14-2009, 07:14 PM
^^^^^ ditto.. but it gave me a hearty chuckle or two

Mohamed_
12-14-2009, 09:05 PM
@Rashad: Nice picture/idea how to use 2 ways of toilet. It's just bad if the 'client' fall asleep on the toilet. He falls bigger from the high squatting toilet. ;D

Grofica
12-14-2009, 09:16 PM
i dont know i like them but it took me a long time to get used to them and oh my goodness... try doing that "manover" in heels... i am always afraid i am going to fall in

Rabi Mansur
12-14-2009, 09:25 PM
I lived in Japan for a couple of years and got used to the squatters. But I still prefer the seated model.

tango92
12-14-2009, 09:36 PM
you need major ventilation with one of those squaters, and somewhere to hang your trousers

Asiyaah
12-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Hehehe - I dread the day I have to use such a toilet lol

GuestFellow
12-14-2009, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
Same here.... :skeleton:

What an uncomfortable topic... :skeleton:

Khaldun
12-15-2009, 02:31 AM
:sl:

Here in saudi we make fun of westerners and say, you know when they go to the toilet they sit on a chair! lol it's great fun :D

Ramadhan
12-15-2009, 03:46 AM
There are new modern toilet seats that are designed and positioned like squatting.
So it combines the best of both "techniques"

Ali_008
12-15-2009, 03:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
you need major ventilation with one of those squaters, and somewhere to hang your trousers
You don't have to totally take your pants off for squatting. ;D

And seriously, this thread is unbelievable. :popcorn:

and someone mentioned that guys need to stand, well that's not entirely true either. :giggling:

Ramadhan
12-15-2009, 04:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
Seriously, how'd you do that?

on a second thought, forget that i asked.

Salahudeen
12-15-2009, 06:46 PM
The in ground toilets are the best lol you don't feel disgusted at the fact u have to sit where some 1 else sat, there's no touching involved at all. lol.

Muezzin
12-15-2009, 11:04 PM
This is the first thread I've ever seen dedicated to holes in the floor.

format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur
I lived in Japan for a couple of years and got used to the squatters. But I still prefer the seated model.
I thought Japan has those wicked-cool super-toilets.

Anyone who doesn't believe that toilets could ever be wicked-cool should watch this.

Caller الداعي
12-16-2009, 09:31 AM
go japan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ardianto
12-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Maybe I'll, I'm planning to move to Malaysia. ^^ :D
Malaysians named their toilet as 'Plunged in Thought Cabin' (Bilik Termenung).

Beardo
12-17-2009, 04:11 PM
My teacher was telling us once that he was in a village in Pakistan. The bathroom was a ten foot deep hole with two planks of wood on it....

Danah
12-17-2009, 09:21 PM
OMG!!!!! what on earth made me open this thread before going to bed...you guys made me laugh seriously, I cant even sleep now lol......are you for real????? lol

This is the weirdest thread I have ever read since I came to LI :X :skeleton: :blind:

//-Asif-\\
12-17-2009, 09:34 PM
I don't think a thread detailing the benefits of squatting is that weird. Funny but not really weird. I'm well aware of squatting toilets being a Pakistani-American. I actually miss the toilets they have. I used to squat on normal toilets all the time as a kid. I should probably start it back up again :D

On the topic of toilet etiquette, I always have found it pretty funny how Westerners would kinda rag on people from poorer countries for using cups or buckets to wash themselves down there but the majority of them ONLY use dry toilet paper to clean up, if you can even call it that. And they wonder why they have stains in all of their under garments.

sister herb
12-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Hmmm... thanks about this usefull topic... Now I understand a little better some my clients. I am working with immigrants and refugees in my country, mostly teaching them my language but also (as most of them are muslims like I, so specially ladies also asking me some questions...) advicing them in daily life in here. Many of them have told they feel embarrassing to use our toilet seats and I have always wondered why.

Seems they have used this "other model" before.

:hmm: Maybe I now understand themselves a little better.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-17-2009, 09:57 PM
everytime ive had a choice between that and a chair type toilet, i chose the squatting one and the benefits are obvious without reading an article.

sister herb
12-17-2009, 10:06 PM
I just wonder isn´t that kind of toilet is difficult for those people whose have weak legs and knees? Like going down and getting up?

:embarrass

Abdul Fattah
12-17-2009, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
I always take 'm off completely to. When you pull your trousers to low, there's a chance of getting 'm dirty by sweeping over the floor, if there not low enough then obviously you risk making them dirty with your own stuff. And when you try to find something in-between all the stuff in your pockets seems to have a tendency to fall out (into the toilet!).
It's a hassle to undress all the time, but I just don't want to risk either of those 3.

Beardo
12-18-2009, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I just wonder isn´t that kind of toilet is difficult for those people whose have weak legs and knees? Like going down and getting up?

:embarrass
For those who squat from a young age, their bodies are so healthy mashallah that they can even do it in old age. My elderly grandma recently switched to a "chair", as Brother Khaldun may call it. A chair toilet.

I think people also have handles these days to stand up etc.

cat eyes
12-18-2009, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
I always take 'm off completely to. When you pull your trousers to low, there's a chance of getting 'm dirty by sweeping over the floor, if there not low enough then obviously you risk making them dirty with your own stuff. And when you try to find something in-between all the stuff in your pockets seems to have a tendency to fall out (into the toilet!).
It's a hassle to undress all the time, but I just don't want to risk either of those 3.
this topic is getting a bit to overly personal now :exhausted

Beardo
12-18-2009, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
this topic is getting a bit to overly personal now :exhausted
Mm.... I readthat same postandthought the same thing.

Danah
12-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Can we just have this thread closed now? :blind:

I think everybody got the benefit of "-----ing" now, so no need for any further detailed explanation :blind:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.