/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Homosexuality

Raaina
12-14-2009, 01:02 PM
This is a question prompted by something I read on another topic.

I know the Qu'ran is against homosexuality, so is the bible and Christians (Sorry, some Christians, not all) are completely against it and some are tolorent of it, even though they'd never practise such an act. That seems acceptable in the Christian community, or it does of the people I know.

So, as a Muslim, is it ok to accept homosexuality as if they want to do it its up to them, but its not something I'd ever do, or is that wrong?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
12-14-2009, 01:11 PM
The act of homosexuality (sodomy) is the sin. Acting camp or ''girly'' isn't a punishable crime in Islam. Though, you might get a sipper in the face for acting like a sissy.

MSalman
12-14-2009, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
So, as a Muslim, is it ok to accept homosexuality as if they want to do it its up to them, but its not something I'd ever do, or is that wrong?
It depends what you mean by accept and the situation of Muslims. Remember the hadith of the Prophet (sal-allahu alayhi wa sallam) in which he said that when we see something wrong then we should either stop it with our hand or speak up against it or hate in our heart. We hate every single sin and do whatever we can to stop it.

and Allah knows best

cat eyes
12-14-2009, 03:29 PM
:sl:as a muslim you should not accept it but give as much dawah to try and stop it inshaAllah thats our job to give the message to others and if they want to follow there desires then we can't do anything. it is also of great importance to give dawah to our muslim brothers and sisters as there is a high number of gay muslims in united kingdom these are all the signs of the day of jugdement when men will sleep with men and women will sleep with women. the grave is a deep dark lonely place and all we will have with us is our deeds thats why we must help as much people as we can

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sirajstc
12-16-2009, 05:34 AM
haraaam........

CosmicPathos
12-16-2009, 05:48 AM
accepting homosexuality means that one thinks Allah was wrong for punishing the people of Lut (naudubillah). Go figure.

desert winds
12-16-2009, 02:07 PM
what do you mean when you say accept?
do you mean let other epoel do it? if so then i THINK you cant do much about that- cant control another person- but for a msulism it is a sin- its a contradiction of islam remebr in the quran the story of prophet lot pbuh- people did it then and Allahswt wiped them out-

Raaina
12-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Hmmm maybe I didn't write that out to well.

Ok, what I mean is. I am not gay, but lets say, I have some friends who are. I don't have a problem being gay, but its not something i'd ever do.

I just wanted to know of like, supporting friends who were gay was haraam or not.

MSalman
12-16-2009, 02:55 PM
^as-salamu alaykum

sister, may Allah preserve you, again you are not clear with your question. What do you mean by supporting? Do you mean something like you know they are gay and you believe it is wrong but you help them to fit in society or your tolerate their gayness or help them to remain in their falsehood? Or do you mean you help them to come to truth by giving da'wah?

If it is the former then it is certainly haraam because we cannot help each other in sins and we are told that we should do whatever we can to stop the sins and the least is to hate it in our heart. If your friends are Muslims, this doesn't mean that you shun them but you should give them da'wah or help them to leave this sin. If they remain persistent then you should cut your ties with them and make dua'a for them. If they are not Muslims, then you should just stay away from them after explaining them the teachings of Islam regarding this issue. Sinner friends are not helpful and it is even worse if you have insincere kuffaar friends.

If it is the latter then that is not haraam and you can follow steps which I advised above.

and Allah knows best

May Allah guide your friends and protect us from this fitnah, ameen

Ramadhan
12-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Our life is a series of tests. Allah says this in the Qur'an (can't remember exactly which verses) that He tests us to earn our place in jannah.

Some people are tested with wealth, some with intelligence, some with many hardships, others with poverty, while some others even with their deen knowledge and piety, etc etc. you get my point.
We are judged on how we deal with our own situation. Are we going to spend our wealth in to help others or to buy trivial things that please ourselves?
Are we going to use our intelligence to create things that are beneficial to many others?
Is having a happy family and healthy children make us more grateful and remember Allah more?
Do we still thank Allah even when we are afflicted with sickness and poverty?

The same goes with sexualities. Some people may be tested with having homosexual feelings. If those people are truly muslim and mu'mineen, they will try to contain their sinful desires and control their nafs, and will try to live the life that are prescribed by Allah SWT.
It is hard of course, but is it harder than those born without eyesight? is it harder than those born with AIDS and extremely poor somewhere in Africa?

Allah SWT is the most just. we must have absolute faith about that, and we must remember that all our efforts in this world to please Allah SWT will be rewarded in the akhirat.

Actually, for people with homosexual feelings, it is a way provided by Allah SWT to earn so much rewards and avoid punishments if they leave their sinful desires and instead follow the straight path (pun somewhat intended).

Amadeus85
12-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Nowadays some protestant churches claim that homosexuality is something normal. Especially in England, USA, Canada, Australia, Sweden, Norway. They are ussually Episcopalians, liberal lutherans, some methodists and many other protestant denominations. From decade to decade, year to year those "churches" loose believers, they become charity institutions that are not cared by almost anyone. That's a just God's penalty for breaking unchagable and eternal christian rules about morality, natural laws. I hope that those denominations and "churches" will disappear from the surface of eart as they only bring shame to the christians. To be just I must say that there are also some catholic theologians like Hans Kung et consortes who think similarly to liberal protestants, but the power of pope either tells them to be silent or to leave the Churche.

desert winds
12-16-2009, 04:30 PM
i dont think you should support a sin-
homsexulas are sinful in islam- therefore supporting it is also a sort of sin-
now secondly it is not adviseable for a msulim to hang around with people who may take you away from islam, it is best to be associated with the belivers.. so for e.g for a muslim to be hanging around in a pub and not drinking is also bad-

AlHoda
12-16-2009, 10:04 PM
I am just wondering what did the people of Prohpet Lut do?

desert winds
12-16-2009, 10:18 PM
peole started to take men instead of women and vice versa then i think it was a flood which vercame then(if im worng correct me) they were wiped out by Allahswt

GreyKode
12-16-2009, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by desert winds
peole started to take men instead of women and vice versa then i think it was a flood which vercame then(if im worng correct me) they were wiped out by Allahswt
You are wrong sister. The punishment was a rain of stones.

desert winds
12-16-2009, 10:55 PM
thankyou for the correction, may Allahswt forgive me

cat eyes
12-17-2009, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Our life is a series of tests. Allah says this in the Qur'an (can't remember exactly which verses) that He tests us to earn our place in jannah.

Some people are tested with wealth, some with intelligence, some with many hardships, others with poverty, while some others even with their deen knowledge and piety, etc etc. you get my point.
We are judged on how we deal with our own situation. Are we going to spend our wealth in to help others or to buy trivial things that please ourselves?
Are we going to use our intelligence to create things that are beneficial to many others?
Is having a happy family and healthy children make us more grateful and remember Allah more?
Do we still thank Allah even when we are afflicted with sickness and poverty?

The same goes with sexualities. Some people may be tested with having homosexual feelings. If those people are truly muslim and mu'mineen, they will try to contain their sinful desires and control their nafs, and will try to live the life that are prescribed by Allah SWT.
It is hard of course, but is it harder than those born without eyesight? is it harder than those born with AIDS and extremely poor somewhere in Africa?

Allah SWT is the most just. we must have absolute faith about that, and we must remember that all our efforts in this world to please Allah SWT will be rewarded in the akhirat.

Actually, for people with homosexual feelings, it is a way provided by Allah SWT to earn so much rewards and avoid punishments if they leave their sinful desires and instead follow the straight path (pun somewhat intended).
yes its all a test brother people fail to realise it though shaytan makes them believe all these feelings are okay even confuses people so much that they can no longer sleep with there wives shaytan has so much power over them that they'd rather have a same sex partner. shaytan messes there heads so badly. its sick

OurIslamic
12-17-2009, 12:33 AM
You don't need to go killing and hating all of the homosexuals around. There may be some, and you'll have to deal with it. Don't act like a homophobic either, it makes Islam look bad.

Be cautious, and don't do it yourself since it's Haram and you'll be fine.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.