/* */

PDA

View Full Version : drawing picture in islam is it harram for a child!!!

xoxox
12-21-2009, 11:12 AM
is it harram for a child to draw picture of human being and faces!!! i read that you are allowed if it is for a child playing or for learning purposes but i'm not sure!!! help plz!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
12-21-2009, 11:21 AM
:sl:

I often wondered this too. As far as i know it is not permissible to make lifelike images. However, children naturally draw stick men and things like round face with dot eyes and smiley mouth.

I was under the impression that to attempt to re-create Allahs creation is forbidden

Raaina
12-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Maybe I am wrong in this but, how can it be haraam if they are just children

Banu_Hashim
12-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Actions are by intentions and I don't think children intend to re-create living things to challenge the power and might of Allah (SWT). Therefore, I don't think it's necessary to snatch colouring pencils from a small child and scold them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
12-21-2009, 03:16 PM
:sl:

I dont think its possible. MY daughter did an amzing picture of my husband the other day. she drew the round face, then the eyes, and the mouth etc, then she showed me/ I said oh yeh that looks like daddy, then she goes, silly mummy. ran away and came back again having scribbled all over his mouth and lower part of the face. then says see mummy, i forgot daddys beard!!

yeh how can you stop kids drawing things. she likes drawing animals too. kids draw when they see.

OurIslamic
12-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Wouldn't smilies be haram then?

MSalman
12-22-2009, 05:55 PM
as-salamu alaykum

We should advise the children gently to not to draw animated beings and help them find alternate things to draw (i.e., trees, houses, park rides, etc.). If they insist then we tell them to not to draw complete facial features. Tell them that it will look funny if it is missing a nose or ear etc. When it comes to children, we got to use different tricks to convince them.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/102277
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/87720

random
12-31-2009, 03:29 AM
could I ask a question? Not specific to children. Is it really a sin to draw people? I am some what new to Islam. But I grew up drawing. I love to draw. It sooths me. I draw anime style, so they don't look like real people, but the definatly look like people. Is that wrong. I am not trying to create, or recreate life. I'm drawing for the fun of it. I even make animated drawings, (though my skills there are low, so I usually stick to simle things, not people) but, i had always hoped of being a manga artist, an anime artist. I enjoy it so much. but if it's a sin.... then I should stop...

I know it applies to scutplures, (I've never been very good at it, and I never really persued that) but as far as drawing goes.... its very improtant to know if I should stop or not.

If the drawing is clearly a person, that is a sin? If its a cartoon style, so the propotions of the face are definatly different from a lifelike drawing, is that wrong? what about drawing other things.... like dragons, wolves, cats? I'm not very good a trees, though I can sort of do alright landscapes.... i just tend to favor the anime style people. Mostly for the eyes, if I doodle in class, its usually an anime face with detailed eyes or just eyes by themelves (both anime style and realistic eyes).... is that a sin too?

mish mash
01-23-2010, 03:12 PM
if the child is drawin 4 skwl is it ok den sorry im a bit confused:)

ardianto
01-23-2010, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by random
could I ask a question? Not specific to children. Is it really a sin to draw people? I am some what new to Islam. But I grew up drawing. I love to draw. It sooths me. I draw anime style, so they don't look like real people, but the definatly look like people. Is that wrong. I am not trying to create, or recreate life. I'm drawing for the fun of it. I even make animated drawings, (though my skills there are low, so I usually stick to simle things, not people) but, i had always hoped of being a manga artist, an anime artist. I enjoy it so much. but if it's a sin.... then I should stop...

I know it applies to scutplures, (I've never been very good at it, and I never really persued that) but as far as drawing goes.... its very improtant to know if I should stop or not.

If the drawing is clearly a person, that is a sin? If its a cartoon style, so the propotions of the face are definatly different from a lifelike drawing, is that wrong? what about drawing other things.... like dragons, wolves, cats? I'm not very good a trees, though I can sort of do alright landscapes.... i just tend to favor the anime style people. Mostly for the eyes, if I doodle in class, its usually an anime face with detailed eyes or just eyes by themelves (both anime style and realistic eyes).... is that a sin too?
Salafi Ulama forbid ummah draw pictures of life being. But non-Salafi Ulama allow ummah draw pictures of life being with some rules.

hooralayn72
01-23-2010, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Actions are by intentions and I don't think children intend to re-create living things to challenge the power and might of Allah (SWT). Therefore, I don't think it's necessary to snatch colouring pencils from a small child and scold them.
That you may be right in but, if you let the children draw, then they will get used to it, you have to teach the children when they are young, I am 13 years though

hooralayn72
01-23-2010, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Salafi Ulama forbid ummah draw pictures of life being. But non-Salafi Ulama allow ummah draw pictures of life being with some rules.
Brother i dont think you know arabic, because Salafi means Dead person, so its kind of weird going saying salafi ulama, Sheihk Albani Was a great ulama, but he didnt ment to make the group like the so called 'Salafis' today

ardianto
01-24-2010, 04:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fatihjk
Brother i dont think you know arabic, because Salafi means Dead person, so its kind of weird going saying salafi ulama, Sheihk Albani Was a great ulama, but he didnt ment to make the group like the so called 'Salafis' today
I don't know much Arabic, but I know what's the meaning of Salafi.

However, now 'Salafis' becomes a name of some people. They really call themselves 'Salafis'. Even they claim if they are 'The True Salafis' while describe other 'Salafis' are fake 'Salafis' or Haroki, Sururi, etc.

I am really sorry if I said 'Salafi Ulama'. That was because other people call those Ulama as 'Salafi Ulama'. It doesn't means I do not respect to them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.