/* */

PDA

View Full Version : we need an alphabetized index

جوري
12-22-2009, 06:35 PM
:sl:

can't tell you of the painstaking task to search for something I or someone else had written before and not find it, the search is either too broad or doesn't yield at all.

I had to re-write a piece I had written before simply because the search feature was utterly useless...

I don't know the first thing about computers and not sure how feasible it is to go to index click on a word and have all the topics covered in order of dates.. I appreciate that perhaps some of the older posts were lost due to forum hijacks and crashes but it gets to be too tedious at times to even bother with a reply because the questioner is too lazy to look or even care for the correct response and the one offering a reply is too frustrated rummaging through a heap of old posts for one paragraph to cement his/her findings.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
12-22-2009, 06:46 PM

Yes we do need a section where we have all the important topics posted in alphabetical order.

I find it hard to find the apostasy thread at times. <_<

AabiruSabeel
12-22-2009, 06:52 PM

The search feature of the forum is not working properly since forum restoration. Try using google search until it is fixed. Type "site:islamicboard.com your_search_terms" in google, without the quotes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.