/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Anonymous character

ardianto
12-26-2009, 03:29 PM
:sl:

Thanks for someone who had idea to make "Anonymous Gender" character. That is very useful.

But I notice, sometime some members want to give an advice in 'Advice and Support' section, but they want to hide their identities. They also use "Anonymous Gender" character. And that makes a confusion, because other members maybe assume if the adviser is the thread starter.

So, I propose an idea to make a new character, "Anonymous Adviser", that can used by members who want to give an advice but want to hide their identities. And "Anonymous Gender" is used only by the thread starter.

:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
12-26-2009, 03:46 PM
i dont get why you wana hide your i.d if your giving advise
unless you can relate to the same prob.

AlHoda
12-26-2009, 03:48 PM

Indeed, some confusion may happen.;D

ardianto
12-26-2009, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
i dont get why you wana hide your i.d if your giving advise
unless you can relate to the same prob.
I never use Anonymous character, but look at this thread

http://islamicboard.com/advice-suppo...1-allowed.html

Anonymous Gender is used by two different persons.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
12-26-2009, 03:52 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

"Anonymous Gender" is used only by the thread starter.

yes , I agree :statisfie

cat eyes
12-26-2009, 04:02 PM
i do kinda of agree with you i find it awfully confusing and what i really dont like also is pple are taking advantage of the anonymous system to post snide comments like whats that all about??? are they so afraid of the person they cant show there true identity :raging:

Fטлку
12-26-2009, 04:06 PM
I kinda agree but some people do write "Not the Original Poster" when they reply anonymously :)

cat eyes
12-26-2009, 04:23 PM
yeah but not all of them do that sister so in future the mods should just delete it if some one else decides to post anonymous because they sometimes do it to attack another member

★мαячαн★
01-16-2010, 09:41 PM
good thread and nicely clariffiedd but one question how do you post annonymously?

have tried to find more info and am confused? could someone maybe pm me aas i need help with otehr things also :)

would be greatly appreciated

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Agreed with brother Ardianto..
and for the rest, i think we should just leave it upto them and their reasons.i mean its their choice, whether they want to show their identities or not, who are we to say something about it? Khayrr:D :)
We all have rights and choices Insha`Allaah :)

AabiruSabeel
01-17-2010, 04:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★мαячαн★
good thread and nicely clariffiedd but one question how do you post annonymously?

have tried to find more info and am confused? could someone maybe pm me aas i need help with otehr things also :)

would be greatly appreciated
Please read this thread for details.

latiffa
01-17-2010, 05:19 AM

Thanks for someone who had idea to make "Anonymous Gender" character. That is very useful.

But I notice, sometime some members want to give an advice in 'Advice and Support' section, but they want to hide their identities. They also use "Anonymous Gender" character. And that makes a confusion, because other members maybe assume if the adviser is the thread starter.

So, I propose an idea to make a new character, "Anonymous Adviser", that can used by members who want to give an advice but want to hide their identities. And "Anonymous Gender" is used only by the thread starter.

U have right!!!

ardianto
11-08-2011, 01:30 AM
Ehmm, ......ehmm.

I found some complains from members who have no access to Advice & Support section but wanted to give an advice in that section.

I know, admins and moderators have a reason to ban non-specific gender group members to write a post in Advice & Support section. But actually, there is no guarantee that advices from specific gender group members must be good, and advices from non-specific gender group members must be bad. I think we must give opportunity to those who have no access to Advice & Support section to write posts there.

So, I propose my idea again. Create "Anonymous Adviser" account that can be used by those who have no access to Advice & Support section but want to give advice there, and by those who have access but want to hide their identities.

Of course, need moderation before those posts appear in the threads.

Ramadhan
11-08-2011, 02:23 AM
anonymous adviser is a very bad idea.
an adviser must be clear with their identities in order to be responsible with their advice.

true, there's no guarantee that advice given by members of gender sections are good and that other members may give much better advice, but we need to ensure that advice and support given are in accordance with islamic values, and if we let all full members access to post replies in the section, that means _everyone_ including non-muslims.
Current situation is not ideal, but unless we put in tight moderation (which require very vigilant mods of the section), this is still the best compromise, imo.

Ramadhan
11-08-2011, 02:40 AM
There's a way out if admins can somehow tweak the system and allow only muslim full members to post replies in the advice and support section and tighten moderation.

esperanza
11-09-2011, 11:42 AM
it would be nice if iwas just able to post as myself in advice section...but have to wati a long long time

Endymion
11-09-2011, 12:18 PM
But i cant see this option "post as anonymous".Where is that button :blind:

~Raindrop~
11-09-2011, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
But i cant see this option "post as anonymous".Where is that button :blind:
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Please read this thread for details.

ardianto
11-09-2011, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
anonymous adviser is a very bad idea.
an adviser must be clear with their identities in order to be responsible with their advice.
What's difference than use anonymous account to give an advice ?.

I proposed this idea to avoid confusion about which the thread starter, which the adviser, if both parties use anonymous account.

Endymion
11-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Okay i checked it and now i know how it works :statisfie

But i was unable to post ^o) [Just to check] i click on post reply and i found myself logged off :hmm: and the "posting Permission" thing also told me that I may not post replies and new thread ^o)
Does that require any kinda permission before posting^o)

ardianto
11-09-2011, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Okay i checked it and now i know how it works

But i was unable to post [Just to check] i click on post reply and i found myself logged off and the "posting Permission" thing also told me that I may not post replies and new thread
Does that require any kinda permission before posting
Yes, you're right. It can be used only to make a new thread.

So, how could those members use anonymous account to give advice ? ^o)

~Raindrop~
11-09-2011, 01:09 PM
So, how could those members use anonymous account to give advice ?
That's the point. The anonymous account is only for those who need advice. They can reply to their own threads.
People have abused this account in the past, so only members that are part of the Private Brothers' or Sisters' forums can reply.

ardianto
11-09-2011, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
^Anonymous can post in threads started by 'Anonymous' only. Or can start new threads. You can't use that account to reply to threads started by others.
Okay, I think I don't need to propose "the anonymous adviser" idea again. The problem has been solved. :thankyou:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.