/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Zakat: how do you figure it, how do you live it?

Rabi Mansur
12-28-2009, 04:20 AM
:sl:

Just wondering. How do you figure zakat? Is it figured on all your wages or is it on what you have left over at the end of the year?

Also, how do you physically pay it? Do you pick the charity yourself or do you rely on others?

I know this is kind of a stupid question, but I really have no idea how you live this pillar.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raaina
12-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Zakah is 2.5% of your capital during the Lunar year.

I'm not sure how it is paid, but I found this site for you :)
http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/Zakat/#Learn

There are probably people who can give you a better explaination of it also :)

syilla
12-31-2009, 03:05 AM
you can give to the organisation that collect zakat ...one that is trustworthy that will distribute it in the islamic way. or u can give it yourself...u can do it monthly or yearly. for me is better more than less...so i put give the same amount every year. and another thing is, it is better to help ur relatives (poor ones) or in your neighbourhood b4 helping others :)

islamlover_girl
01-04-2010, 01:40 AM
Zakah is 2.5% of what we have left over at the end of the year and it is payed to one of the seven mentiened in this verse ( “Charities are (meant) only for the poor and the needy, and those who are charged with collecting them, and those whose hearts are to be won over, and for the freeing of human beings from bondage, and (for) those who are overburdened with debts, and (for those who strive) in Allah’s cause (fi sabili-llah), and (for) the way-farer: (this is) an ordinance from Allah—and Allah is All-Knowing and All-Wise” (At-Tawbah: 60).
If I know one of those in the verse ( poor people for example)I give it to them myself if not I can seek the help of organizations that collect zakat

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamlover_girl
01-04-2010, 01:41 AM
Zakah is 2.5% of what we have left over at the end of the year and it is payed to one of the seven mentiened in this verse ( “Charities are (meant) only for the poor and the needy, and those who are charged with collecting them, and those whose hearts are to be won over, and for the freeing of human beings from bondage, and (for) those who are overburdened with debts, and (for those who strive) in Allah’s cause (fi sabili-llah), and (for) the way-farer: (this is) an ordinance from Allah—and Allah is All-Knowing and All-Wise” (At-Tawbah: 60).
If I know one of those in the verse ( poor people for example)I give it to them myself if not I can seek the help of organizations that collect zakat

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.