/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone think of the Bermuda Triangle and Dragon Triangle?

harrus
12-29-2009, 05:08 PM
:sl:

What does everyone think of the bermuda triangle / dragon triangle?
is it mentioned in the quran or hadiths?
is it a myth or a true thing?

please express your views :statisfie

walikum salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
12-29-2009, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by harrus

walikum salam
I want to know the same thing!

I've heard Dajjal could be on it. :phew

At any rate, I heard they proved the burmuda triangle wrong, but I'm not sure.

cat eyes
12-29-2009, 05:42 PM
:sl:lol i dont believe in the bermuda triangle they believe that boats went mysteriously missing come on thats so obviously pirates

Raaina
12-29-2009, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:lol i dont believe in the bermuda triangle they believe that boats went mysteriously missing come on thats so obviously pirates
No it's not, pirates now contact the media and it's reported all over the news when they seize a boat :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
harrus
12-30-2009, 09:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
what about the aeroplanes?

Raaina
12-30-2009, 05:49 PM
what about the aeroplanes?
They'll probably blame it on the muslims :hmm:

Vito
12-30-2009, 06:06 PM

walikum salam
There are a lot of myths when it comes to this subject. Which myth are you referring to? Btw, don't forget that there are ships and planes that pass through there without any problems.

harrus
12-30-2009, 06:50 PM
the plane 19 avenger bombers why did they go missing?

cat eyes
12-30-2009, 06:54 PM
the planes crash landed on some island. :rolleyes:

harrus
12-30-2009, 07:57 PM
why would they do that though?

Güven
12-30-2009, 08:11 PM
it may be because of it's unusual climate which is effecting it's surroundings.

Raaina
12-30-2009, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
it may be because of it's unusual climate which is effecting it's surroundings.
Yeah isn't there meant to be some electromagnetic field in that area or something which causes planes to crash.

Didn't that airfrance one a few months back go in that area?

Or am I just getting confused? :p

Güven
12-30-2009, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
Yeah isn't there meant to be some electromagnetic field in that area or something which causes planes to crash.

Didn't that airfrance one a few months back go in that area?

Or am I just getting confused? :p
I think you are watching too much "Lost". :exhausted

Airfrance was crashed somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean though.

S_87
12-31-2009, 02:12 PM
i always wondered if it is the place of iblees's throne:

Narrated Jabr:
That he heard the messenger of Allah sallallahalayhi wasallam say:
The throne of Iblees is on the sea and he sends out his troops to spread mischief among the people. The greatest of them in his sight is the one who causes the most fitnah
Muslim

Woodrow
12-31-2009, 02:44 PM
that is one of the easiest to understand. If you have every flown a small light plane over the Gulf of Mexico and crossed Florida. Those were student pilots, with only the lead pilot having any knowledge of navigation. The training flight was supposed to be over the Gulf of Mexico. The lead pilot got disoriented and did not realize he had crossed over Florida and was in the Atlantic and no longer in the Gulf. He set his bearing to the North East apparently thinking he was heading for Pensacola, which was his destination. The student pilots followed him and they ran out of fuel off the coast of Florida and crashed.This was before the days of radar and radio triangulation, Lorans had not been invented yet and radio communication was poor. Yes, wreckage of the planes was found in 1991 on the east coast of Florida. Their flight plan was to have been in the Gulf west of Florida. Simple navigation error.

The Bermuda Triangle is no mystery, just sensationalism touched off by Berlitz's book. It is one of the most traveled regions on earth and percentage wise has a record of being the safest region to cross. The percentage of lost ships and planes is much lower than for any other location in the Atlantic.

harrus
12-31-2009, 04:38 PM
i see this is very interesting thank you

ardianto
12-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Correction. Not 19 avenger (dive) bombers, but 5 avenger and 1 PBM mariner plane in Flight 19.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_19

ardianto
12-31-2009, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Yes, wreckage of the planes was found in 1991 on the east coast of Florida. Their flight plan was to have been in the Gulf west of Florida. Simple navigation error.
Is this ?

Woodrow
12-31-2009, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Is this ?

That looks very much like the wreckage from a 1940's version avenger. I see the wreckage was a single engine plane with 3 30cal cannons on each wing section and that it was a monowing. I'll look up and see how it matches with the Avenger

Woodrow
12-31-2009, 05:49 PM
That looks very much like the wreckage from a 1940's version avenger. I see the wreckage was a single engine plane with 3 30cal cannons on each wing section and that it was a monowing. I'll look up and see how it matches with the Avenger
Nope that picture does not meet the spec for the "Avenger" The Avenger only had 3 30cal one a nose gun one a turret gun fired by the bambadier and a belly gun fired by the Tail gunner. It would not have had the 6 wing ports I see in the picture.

Muezzin
12-31-2009, 05:53 PM

walikum salam
It exists as a geographical location, but as brother Woodrow has illustrated, it poses no special danger.

Woodrow
12-31-2009, 06:01 PM
Nope that picture does not meet the spec for the "Avenger" The Avenger only had 3 30cal one a nose gun one a turret gun fired by the bambadier and a belly gun fired by the Tail gunner. It would not have had the 6 wing ports I see in the picture.
OOOps, no problem. The picture does match the spec for a wing section of a PBM Mariner. That rascal was heavily armed with guns all over the place on it. quite a few different configurations were built only the model 3 was not armed with guns and it was never used.

AlHoda
12-31-2009, 06:03 PM
I've heard about the bermuda triangle, but what is the Dragon triangle, :/
Off topic; How can I stop the e-mails from the IB confirming me of people who joined the same thread/ It's very annoying. Just today, I received 90 messages. ;D

Muezzin
12-31-2009, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
I've heard about the bermuda triangle, but what is the Dragon triangle, :/
Off topic; How can I stop the e-mails from the IB confirming me of people who joined the same thread/ It's very annoying. Just today, I received 90 messages. ;D
User CP > Settings and Options > Edit Options > Default Thread Subscription Mode - set to 'No email notification'.

ardianto
12-31-2009, 06:08 PM
Yes, I think the wreckage in that picture was not Avenger but a fighter plane. Maybe F6F Hellcat.

AlHoda
12-31-2009, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
User CP > Settings and Options > Edit Options > Default Thread Subscription Mode - set to 'No email notification'.
jazakallahughair :D

Woodrow
12-31-2009, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
It exists as a geographical location, but as brother Woodrow has illustrated, it poses no special danger.
It is a very heavily traveled area, nearly every oil tanker coming into the USA passes through it. Daily cruise ships pass through it and the air is very crowded with air traffic going and coming to the Caribbean, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and a glob more favorite tourist spots not to mention the ships and aircraft traveling to and from Europe, Mideast and Africa to any of the Central and South American countries or to the Southern US states.

Definitely the safest place in the Atlantic to pass through.

ardianto
01-01-2010, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
I've heard about the bermuda triangle, but what is the Dragon triangle,
The Dragon triangle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Sea

Woodrow
01-01-2010, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
That is a very dangerous area, but for plenty of geological activity and the seismic activity is the most probable culprit along with it being a region noted for pirates, bandits and frequent war operations.

That region is some of the deepest seas on earth. It is not likly any wreckage would be found from ships sinking there. There are frequent underwater earthquakes, natural and the result of nuclear testing which was done there. Add to it fierce local storms, Tsunamis that never reach land, underwater volcanic eruptions and it is no surprise ships disappear. It is a miracle there have not been many more.

Dangerous region, yes. Mysterious and unexplained , no.

harrus
01-01-2010, 02:09 PM
jazkhallaheir

ardianto
01-01-2010, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I want to know the same thing!

I've heard Dajjal could be on it. :phew

At any rate, I heard they proved the burmuda triangle wrong, but I'm not sure.
There is a hadith, shahaba sailed on ocean then after one month they landed on an island and meet Dajjal. Some people thinking that island was an island in Bermuda Triangle.

But actually, that's impossible. During Rasulallah (saw) period, no one can sailed from Arabia to Caribbean in one month, also they sailed to different direction. Some Muslim historians say, that island maybe an atoll in Indian ocean that now known as Diego Garcia.

harrus
01-02-2010, 12:07 AM
wow impressive good sources and information thank you

harrus
01-04-2010, 09:04 PM
thx i enjoyed seeking new knowledge

cat eyes
01-04-2010, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
i always wondered if it is the place of iblees's throne:

Narrated Jabr:
That he heard the messenger of Allah sallallahalayhi wasallam say:
The throne of Iblees is on the sea and he sends out his troops to spread mischief among the people. The greatest of them in his sight is the one who causes the most fitnah
Muslim
I Heard the imam saying that to. really freaked me out

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.