/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever seen a person die?

Beardo
01-05-2010, 05:32 AM
I know this is an odd question. But if you have, could you share that experience?

I personally never saw this. Nor has anyone close to me died.. yet...

But I was wondering perhaps you could share your stories and the lessons you learned from it.

One of my friends... He's only 15, and his mother died... imsad So sudden. Just collapsed...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Italianguy
01-05-2010, 05:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I know this is an odd question. But if you have, could you share that experience?

But I was wondering perhaps you could share your stories and the lessons you learned from it.

One of my friends... He's only 15, and his mother died... imsad So sudden. Just collapsed...
4 times for meimsad

First time i was with my grandfather (Nonno) as he took his last breath after fighting cancer for 3 years....i'm

Second was when we where out on a charter boat (big game fishing) I was acting first mate that day. We came upon a sqwall about 150 miles off shore and another boat capsized, when we got to the boat their first mate was entangled in the rigging and as I ...or we tried to cut him out the boat rolled and started to sink. I was not able to help him:cry: That vision of his face and the sound of his screams, will never leave my mind....everimsad God be with him.

Third time was a vehicle accident we were involved in....we (me and 3 other friends in high school) were hit head on by a drunk driver (who was a parent of a kid at our school, and a member of the PTA) And my friend driving the car, his head was crushed by the windsheild. The rest of us came out with no injuries except seatbelt rash and bruises (WEAR YOUR SEATBELT! IBEG OF YOU.) The drunk driver died upon impact.

Fourth, I was with my Nonna (Great grandmother) and 12 days after her 102 birthday she said "I am tired, I have done all that i can do, I have done everything asked of me, I am going to be with God now" We thought she was just rambling......she never woke up:cry:

I have become desensitised and unemmotional as it were, death is another day. It will come to us all. I only pray God will accept me and hope i did everything he has asked me to do.

I am truly sorry about you and your friends loss, I too know what it is like to lose a parent......my father took his own life when he was 38, he was still in college after becoming a Neurosurgeon, Lawyer, and politition. I barely knew him.imsad

Beardo
01-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Wow... I don't know what to say. typically, people say "sorry", but I don't really don't think that does much good...

Sometimes you think "WHY ME?". Actually, on my blog, this sister was saying how we should be content with everything... I responded saying that's easier said than done. Sometimes it's just a test of patience.

Ah well... Allahu Alam.

CosmicPathos
01-05-2010, 06:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
4 times for meimsad

First time i was with my grandfather (Nonno) as he took his last breath after fighting cancer for 3 years....i'm

Second was when we where out on a charter boat (big game fishing) I was acting first mate that day. We came upon a sqwall about 150 miles off shore and another boat capsized, when we got to the boat their first mate was entangled in the rigging and as I ...or we tried to cut him out the boat rolled and started to sink. I was not able to help him:cry: That vision of his face and the sound of his screams, will never leave my mind....everimsad God be with him.

Third time was a vehicle accident we were involved in....we (me and 3 other friends in high school) were hit head on by a drunk driver (who was a parent of a kid at our school, and a member of the PTA) And my friend driving the car, his head was crushed by the windsheild. The rest of us came out with no injuries except seatbelt rash and bruises (WEAR YOUR SEATBELT! IBEG OF YOU.) The drunk driver died upon impact.

Fourth, I was with my Nonna (Great grandmother) and 12 days after her 102 birthday she said "I am tired, I have done all that i can do, I have done everything asked of me, I am going to be with God now" We thought she was just rambling......she never woke up:cry:

I have become desensitised and unemmotional as it were, death is another day. It will come to us all. I only pray God will accept me and hope i did everything he has asked me to do.

I am truly sorry about you and your friends loss, I too know what it is like to lose a parent......my father took his own life when he was 35, he was still in college after becoming a Nerosergeon, Lawyer, and politition. I barely knew him.imsad
I am sorry to hear about your experiences. I am also saddened by the great loss of your father. I do not know what else to say.

Death seems to be the ocean into which the river of life finally ends. Different humans, different lives, different rivers, beautiful images and experiences. One destination. One fall. One Ocean. The phantasmic ocean of death.

I've personally not seen someone close to me dying in person but many close to me have died.

My grand mother. She passed away with Hepatitis and diabetes. I was told that she wanted to see me and my siblings while on her death bed. may Allah (swt) give her a place in jannah.

My uncle passed away due to pancreatic cancer at a young age of mid 40s. It was his time. I spent my growing years with him in Saudi Arabia. He had a marked impact on my growth. His death also had a marked impact on how I view the world. It was unexpected. But it did happen. three days before his death, he had his favorite juice. Fresh sugarcane juice. He did not know at that time that he wont be here 3 days later. May ALLAH (swt) have rehma on his soul and provide him with high statuses in the jannah.

My grand father passed away due to natural causes. he lived a long life allhamdulillah. I feel humbled to be a progeny of this great man. may Allah give him jannah too.

I also lost 2 acquaintances and 1 friend since I finished my high school in 2003 in Saudi. All of them were my peers and fellow students. One died in the US in a car accident. Another died in a car accident while going to UAE after spending Eid with his parents in Saudi. The third, who was a medical student, died of extreme diarrhea within 3 hours while visiting his relatives in Multan, Pakistan. The hospital staff did not take proactive steps to save him. May ALLAH forgive their sins.

So yes ... death is the spiral which is sucking us in. And I am dumbstruck when I see Muslims enjoying this life like there is no tomorrow. The only hope to continue living in this world without depression is to see the face of ALLAH along with my family.... one Day ... inshALLAH.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
01-05-2010, 06:17 AM
SubhanAllah. May Allah forgive her and grant her Paradise. Ameen

My dad (Rahimahullah) died while I was sitting next to him. He was experiencing multiple organ failure and all we could do was watch. I can't describe the moment we were told he wasn't going to live. The pain is indescribable. I remember I'd been staying with him since he'd been admitted to hospital for minor surgery, and that particular day, I'd gone home for a shower and change of clothing. I hadn't been home long when my brother called me to tell me the bad news. I could barely drive as I was crying so hard. It was surreal. I felt I was going to die too. The news is a loved one is dying is harder to take than the death itself. I remember rocking as I cried in hospital when the nurse said, he's body is struggling to survive. In my head I could picture my dad's vital organs fighting for survival. That hurt so badly and I cried and cried. Then a strange calmness took over as it dawned on me that if this is what Allah willed then I should just pray He makes me dad's passing easy for him. I wasn't 'fully' practicing then but hamdulillah Allah gave me the idea that we all recite Surah Yasin at my father's side.

I thank Allah, He gave us the opportunity to be with our father during his last days, and to talk to him. He drifted in and out of consciousness for 2-3 days, and passed away at dawn - just as my and brother decided to take a nap by his bedside. I'd just closed my eyes when I heard the respirator stop. I hoped he was still alive, even though I could see the monitor had flat-lined. It sounds stupid now but we actually asked the nurse if he'd gone as if the monitor was lying. To be honest, in the days leading up to my dad's death, I'd wondered how I'd react when it happened. I wasn't sure how it'd feel. And then, when it happened, I didn't.... couldn't cry... I was unbelievably calm and kissed my dad's face and covered him with the blanket properly so he won't feel cold. :cry: I know that sounds strange since I knew he couldn't feel anything. And I remember looking up and thinking my dad's soul is left his body and what lies here is just a shell. I felt a lot of guilt after my dad's death. I felt I hadn't visited him enough when he was alive. I felt the 'roof over my head' had been snatched away. I felt extremely vulnerable, like being in a house with no door to close against the world. No matter how our parents are, we should cherish them.They can never be replaced. Once they are gone, they are gone forever. Cherish them while you have the chance. May Allah forgive and grant our deceased Jannatul Firdaws. Ameen.

:wa:

Italianguy
01-05-2010, 06:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
I am sorry to hear about your experiences. I am also saddened by the great loss of your father. I do not know what else to say.

Death seems to be the ocean into which the river of life finally ends. Different humans, different lives, different rivers, beautiful images and experiences. One destination. One fall. One Ocean. The phantasmic ocean of death.

I've personally not seen someone close to me dying in person but many close to me have died.

My grand mother. She passed away with Hepatitis and diabetes. I was told that she wanted to see me and my siblings while on her death bed. may Allah (swt) give her a place in jannah.

My uncle passed away due to pancreatic cancer at a young age of mid 40s. It was his time. I spent my growing years with him in Saudi Arabia. He had a marked impact on my growth. His death also had a marked impact on how I view the world. It was unexpected. But it did happen. three days before his death, he had his favorite juice. Fresh sugarcane juice. He did not know at that time that he wont be here 3 days later. May ALLAH (swt) have rehma on his soul and provide him with high statuses in the jannah.

My grand father passed away due to natural causes. he lived a long life allhamdulillah. I feel humbled to be a progeny of this great man. may Allah give him jannah too.

I also lost 2 acquaintances and 1 friend since I finished my high school in 2003 in Saudi. All of them were my peers and fellow students. One died in the US in a car accident. Another died in a car accident while going to UAE after spending Eid with his parents in Saudi. The third, who was a medical student, died of extreme diarrhea within 3 hours while visiting his relatives in Multan, Pakistan. The hospital staff did not take proactive steps to save him. May ALLAH forgive their sins.

So yes ... death is the spiral which is sucking us in. And I am dumbstruck when I see Muslims enjoying this life like there is no tomorrow. The only hope to live in this world is to see the face of ALLAH along with my family.... one Day ... inshALLAH.
I am sorry to hear about your losses. imsad God be with them.Ameen

There is not much to say about my fatherimsad as much as I pray to God to forgive him.....there is only one place in Christianity he could have went....I have to face that everyday:cry:

It was really hard for me to write these....I havent been this emmotional in a long time...all the immages are comming back now....it's horifying...but i guess it is good not to forget....right?

CosmicPathos
01-05-2010, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

My dad (Rahimahullah) died while I was sitting next to him. He was experiencing multiple organ failure and all we could do was watch. I can't describe the moment we were told he wasn't going to live. The pain is indescribable. I remember I'd been staying with him since he'd been admitted to hospital for minor surgery, and that particular day, I'd gone home for a shower and change of clothing. I hadn't been home long when my brother called me to tell me the bad news. I could barely drive as I was crying so hard. It was surreal. I felt I was going to die too. The news is a loved one is dying is harder to take than the death itself. I remember rocking as I cried in hospital when the nurse said, he's body is struggling to survive. In my head I could picture my dad's vital organs fighting for survival. That hurt so badly and I cried and cried. Then a strange calmness took over as it dawned on me that if this is what Allah willed then I should just pray He makes me dad's passing easy for him. I wasn't 'fully' practicing then but hamdulillah Allah gave me the idea that we all recite Surah Yasin at my father's side.

I thank Allah, He gave us the opportunity to be with our father during his last days, and to talk to him. He drifted in and out of consciousness for 2-3 days, and passed away at dawn - just as my and brother decided to take a nap by his bedside. I'd just closed my eyes when I heard the respirator stop. I hoped he was still alive, even though I could see the monitor had flat-lined. It sounds stupid now but we actually asked the nurse if he'd gone as if the monitor was lying. To be honest, in the days leading up to my dad's death, I'd wondered how I'd react when it happened. I wasn't sure how it'd feel. And then, when it happened, I didn't.... couldn't cry... I was unbelievably calm and kissed my dad's face and covered him with the blanket properly so he won't feel cold. :cry: I know that sounds strange since I knew he couldn't feel anything. And I remember looking up and thinking my dad's soul is left his body and what lies here is just a shell. I felt a lot of guilt after my dad's death. I felt I hadn't visited him enough when he was alive. I felt the 'roof over my head' had been snatched away. I felt extremely vulnerable, like being in a house with no door to close against the world. No matter how our parents are, we should cherish them.They can never be replaced. Once they are gone, they are gone forever. Cherish them while you have the chance. May Allah forgive and grant our deceased Jannatul Firdaws. Ameen.

This very thought of losing my parents one day, who knows if Allah has willed my death before theirs, makes me white as a dead body. That is why I have extreme ascetic tendencies and I am not doing too great in practical life due to constantly thinking about how my life would be when they are gone or how my mom would spend her every second till her death if I die before her ....

Snowflake
01-05-2010, 06:26 AM
SubhanAllah!

You've witnessed some heart breaking things Italianguy. Yet you smile and make others laugh. You are a strong person. May Allah bless you and guide you to the right path. Ameen.

Death seems to be the ocean into which the river of life finally ends.
Ameen to the duaas. That's a beautiful way of putting it.

Italianguy
01-05-2010, 06:29 AM
SubhanAllah!

You've witnessed some heart breaking things Italianguy. Yet you smile and make others laugh. You are a strong person. May Allah bless you and guide you to the right path. Ameen.

Ameen to the duaas. That's a beautiful way of putting it.
Thank you, I am not so happy...or strong as of nowimsad

Good evening to all. And God bless.

Snowflake
01-05-2010, 07:28 AM
This very thought of losing my parents one day, who knows if Allah has willed my death before theirs, makes me white as a dead body. That is why I have extreme ascetic tendencies and I am not doing too great in practical life due to constantly thinking about how my life would be when they are gone or how my mom would spend her every second till her death if I die before her ....
I always wonder how the Prophet (saw) felt having neither his mother or father around as he was growing up. It reminds me of how many of us haven't experienced such a loss. Al hamdulillah. Sometimes, very fleetingly the thought of what would happen to my son if I died, passes my mind. But this is quickly by the realization that Allah is the One who created him and sustains him, and shall do so after I'm gone. Hamdulillah, a single thought can take us to a very different level of acceptance of life's realities and Allah's will.

Thank you, I am not so happy...or strong as of nowimsad

Good evening to all. And God bless.
Happiness and strength are inside us. Neither are given or attained from external sources. They are unearthed from deep within us like diamonds in the mines. I never found peace and happiness from outside. What I found came from knowing Allah. It'd been locked inside my soul all that time. If you dig deep enough, you too will find. God willing.

The Prophet (SAW) related that when Allaah created Aadam, He took a covenant from him in a place called Na'maan on the day of 'Arafah,[4] then He extracted from him all of his descendants who would be born until the end of the world, generation after generation, and spread them out in front of Him in order to take a covenant from them also. He spoke to them face to face saying: "Am I not your Lord?" and they all replied, "Yes, we testify to it." Allaah then explained why He had all of mankind bear witness that He was their creator and only true God worthy of worship. He said, "That was in case you (mankind) should say on the Day of Resurrection, "Surely we were unaware of all this. We had no idea that You, Allaah, were our God. No one told us that we were only supposed to worship You." Allaah went on to explain that it was also in case you should say: "It was our ancestors who made partners (with Allaah) and we are only their descendants; will You, then destroy us for what those liars did?"[5] This was the Prophet's (SAW) explanation of the Qur'anic verse in which Allaah said:

"When your Lord drew forth from the loins of the children of Aadam, their descendants and made them testify concerning themselves. (Saying): 'Am I not your Lord' They said, 'Yes, we testify to it.' (This) in case you say on the Day of Judgement, 'We were unaware of this'. Or in case you say, 'It was our ancestors who made partners (with Allaah) and we are only their descendants. Will you then destroy us for what those liars did?"[8]
http://www.islaam.net/main/display_a...ew.php?id=1382

The satisfied soul seeks its nourishment in Dhikr (the remembrance of Allah), prayer, fasting, Zakat and Hajj. It relies heavily for support on the branches of faith, the highest of which is to say and believe in ‘There is no god worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah’, and the lowliest of which is to remove an obstacle from the path. Angels are present to strengthen this soul and to bless and greet it when it departs this material life, when it is resurrected and when it is admitted into the gardens of paradise. Their greeting to it is the greeting of a Muslim to his fellow Muslim: ‘Peace be unto you’;

"And those who feared their Lord will be led to the Paradise in crowds; until they arrive there, its gates are opened and its keepers will say: ‘Peace be upon you! Well have you done. Enter here and dwell forever."

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/Soul.htm

Beardo
01-05-2010, 03:37 PM
I must admit, I am quite surprised to see the results from the poll, which is currently 4/4.

I've only been to 2 burials in my life. it was quite sn experience... Very hard...

SweetCherryPie
01-05-2010, 04:50 PM
First of all, I would like to extend my condolences to those who have lost someone (for some, more than one person) in their lives. May Allah bless their souls.

I have had the experience of losing someone very dear and close to me. For 27 years, she took care of me, bathe me when I was a child, fed me and did everything a mother could for her children. I lost her when I was 27 years old. She was my mother and 61.

It was a sunny morning and my family and I excluding my 2nd brother, his wife and daughter were back in my late mother's hometown. We were there for our cousin's wedding and everyone was excited. My mother had called us to swing by at my grandmother's place to get the wedding things and drive them over to the wedding hall.

As we drove to the wedding hall, we talked and laughed. My mother looked tired but at the same time, she was happy to have everyone back home. At the wedding hall, she asked me to sit on the groom/bride's place as she said that she didn't think she'd see me get married. I told her "Mum, please ... you will get to marry me off" and we laughed.

When we got back to my grandmother's place, we had tea and my brothers and I decided to go back to the hotel to rest before the wedding starts in the evening. I told my mother we'd see her and the rest at the hall and I kissed her on her cheeks, without fail as always, I told her I love her. I waved goodbye and we parted.

That evening as we were getting ready, my cousin called to tell me that my mother had complained of having a headache and that she was feeling tired. We took it as it was nothing serious as it was normal for her to have headaches or rather, feel stressful cause of the event that was happening on that evening. We told them we'd be there soon and to let her rest.

Few minutes passed and my cousin called again to let us know that my mother had fainted and that she was taken to the hospital by car (as they waited for the ambulance and it was taking its own sweet time). My brothers, sisters-in-law and myself panicked and I've never seen my brother drove so fast in my life! We went straight to the hospital and as soon as we got there, we leaped out of the car and ran as fast as our legs could take us to the emergency room. As we got there, we were told to wait and then, I saw my father, uncle and aunt came. Then ...

The doctor came out and told us that my mother's heart had collapsed and they had to resuscitate her a few times ... and that she was in ICU. My father was told to go in to collect her belongings as they had to cut her clothes and get the necessary things done. We waited and waited and then we were told she was transferred to the ICU on the 2nd floor and we went there to wait for her.

As she was wheeled by, all of us couldn't hold back our tears. That night, was the night I saw everyone in my family cried very hard. We were told that my mother was on ventilator and that as a family, we had to decide whether to pull the plug or let her live the way she would be, and that would be in vegetative mode. We cried and my father said he couldn't make a decision as that is his wife in there .... we told the doctor we would wait and see because my mother's life ... anyone's life for that matter is in Allah's hand.

At 03:20hrs, the doctor pronounced her dead as she was no longer breathing on her own. That morning, was the darkest morning for the rest of the family. My second brother and family drove all the way from our city to my mother's hometown that same night and got to see her, before she was pronounced dead.

That was 2 years ago. She passed on the 22nd of Dec 2007 and up until today, I still miss her and think of her every day of my life. She was loved by many. Her funeral were attended by a lot of people, even my family and I were surprised at the turn out.

Losing a parent is something I would never wish upon anyone. I wish NO ONE would ever have to go through that because the pain ... is unbearable. The hole in your heart, the hollowness can never be replaced. I got paranoid after I lost my mother. Whenever my father went out, I would panick if he didn't call or when I don't hear from my brothers ... I would call them to check on them.

After all that has happened, it seems that when she told me she would never see me get married ... it was as if she already knew ... she would leave all of us.

Few days later, my father told me that when she was getting ready to go to the wedding hall, she had asked my father if she looked beautiful and she added that she wanted everyone to see her and that she was happy everyone is back home. Her last wish (which was told to us way before the wedding) was to see my uncle and my father together again (as they had an argument) ... and guess what? She got her wish. The day they arrived in her hometown, my father and my uncle had reunited.

My late mother got what she wanted - she got everyone where she wanted all of us and her family was there with her .. on her last day on earth.

tango92
01-05-2010, 06:01 PM
To Allah we belong and to him is our return.

i lost my brother when i was 10 years old. he was only four. but believe me that was the worst pain i felt in my life. i still remember him to this day.

by little bro was called hamza. my mum named him that because she told us an angel came to her in her dream during her preganancy and told her her childs name would be hamza.

anyway during birth hamza had a hole in his heart and had brain damage. the doctors say they barely saved his life. he also had downs syndrome. that basically means he had 'cognitive development problems'. his death was due to leukemia. blood cancer. he didnt really have control of his muscles

i think his first words were ba (ie bilal, my name) he couldnt talk properly either. subhanalla on his own he learnt to say Allah and akbar. he loved reading namaz when we held him up to do it.

me and my two sisters (1 older 1 younger) were just kids and we were running around the house cause we were home alone and my mum and dad had to quickly take him to hospital. we thought he would just be back like all the other times.
my auntie (my mums best freind) called and told us he died. when my dad came home and confirmed it we cried for days.

there was like a void in our house for months. especially us siblings were very tight, always fighting and always sticking together. hamza was a bit different to us but we loved him as much as we could. when he died i regretted not spending more time with him

he always persevered. but when the pain became too much Allah took him up to himself. truly Allah does not burden a person more than they can bear.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-05-2010, 06:10 PM
i watched my father die with tears in his closed eyes,

sweat on his forehead,

and zikr on his lips.

only later did i find out that those are the signs of a believers death, Allahu Akbar...

please make dua for him

zakirs
01-05-2010, 06:30 PM
brothers and sisters.. you made me cry after a long time. Seriously i am very sad for all your losses.

I only two losses i could remember are one of my uncle and one stranger.

My maternal uncle was the closest persons to me ( at that time may be more than my parents for some time of life). I was raised at my grand mothers and my childhood was full of love from uncles and sisters. I even was apparently reluctant to go to my parents when they came to take me with them after i grew up. So i was something like 10 then.I still remember it clearly , me and my dad were at relatives house in defferent city.My dad woke me up late night and took me to hometown .

He did not tell me why , he just told me somebody was ill.When i went to my hometown he took me to uncles house.I was a child then i didn't suspect anything.I ran up to his house before my father and even ignored my brother when he was trying to tell me somehting.As soon as i ran into the hall i still remember the scene. My mom and aunt crying and telling me your uncle is no more. It was a shock , i don't think i cried much due to the shock.it was so sudden he had a heart failure :(. My aunt (his wife) passwed away 1 year 11 months 1 hour later.

Second one was a stranger.An old man who lived in apartment behind our apartment.He jumped from fifth floor a few months back.Our maid saw that and shouted to me to run to the bottom floor. I ran to the ground floor and called 108 (indian 911).As i waited their watching helplessly (he was in very bad condition , old man and 5th floor :( ) . I realized that i was not so good at emergency situations. I could do nothing just stand there and wait for ambulance. :( i remember my grandmother shouting at my family to do something and that he was alive. I was just holding her back. I don't know what i could have done but i am sure i could have done a bit more :(.

:sl:

Hayaa
01-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Beautiful words with a powerful meaning!

Donia
01-06-2010, 05:14 PM
SubhanAllah.. I am sorry for everyone's losses and I hope that Allah will have mercy on them and us when we leave this earth. Ameen.

I have not actually ever seen somebody die. I can only remember being to four funerals in my whole life. One was when I was very young so I don't really remember much of it at all and the other 3 were in my adult life. During two of those are the only times I have ever seen a dead body in person.

This is not an easy thing to share because I feel it is very personal and I usually do not talk about personal things and given the circumstances, it was not a pleasant experience.

8 years ago, my husband's mother passed away. We were very young and she was in her forties I believe.
He had just talked to her the night before and she wasn't feeling the best. I believe she was going to try to lay down and get some rest.
The next day he tried to call her because he was on his way to a new job and I guess he just wanted to speak with her before he left. No answer. We didn't think anything of it.
We dropped him off and I don't really remember the details of what happened next..
Basically we found out (I think somebody called us) that early in the morning somebody had killed his mother and everyone that was in her house.
SubhanAllah..
I was upset and I was actually more upset for him. We had to go back and get him and tell him what happened and that image of his reaction is still in my head. I will probably never forget it. To say he was devastated is an understatement.
It made me realize that we never really do know what's going to happen and we need to try to do our best everyday insha'Allah because that was very unexpected.

SweetCherryPie
01-06-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Donia!

zakirs
01-06-2010, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
SubhanAllah.. I am sorry for everyone's losses and I hope that Allah will have mercy on them and us when we leave this earth. Ameen.

I have not actually ever seen somebody die. I can only remember being to four funerals in my whole life. One was when I was very young so I don't really remember much of it at all and the other 3 were in my adult life. During two of those are the only times I have ever seen a dead body in person.

This is not an easy thing to share because I feel it is very personal and I usually do not talk about personal things and given the circumstances, it was not a pleasant experience.

8 years ago, my husband's mother passed away. We were very young and she was in her forties I believe.
He had just talked to her the night before and she wasn't feeling the best. I believe she was going to try to lay down and get some rest.
The next day he tried to call her because he was on his way to a new job and I guess he just wanted to speak with her before he left. No answer. We didn't think anything of it.
We dropped him off and I don't really remember the details of what happened next..
Basically we found out (I think somebody called us) that early in the morning somebody had killed his mother and everyone that was in her house.
SubhanAllah..
I was upset and I was actually more upset for him. We had to go back and get him and tell him what happened and that image of his reaction is still in my head. I will probably never forget it. To say he was devastated is an understatement.
It made me realize that we never really do know what's going to happen and we need to try to do our best everyday insha'Allah because that was very unexpected.
I am very sorry for that :( .. Don't worry the killer would have his part of punishment in life after this

Hamza Asadullah
01-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, firstly let me offer my condolences to all those who have been affected by the death of loved ones.

I myself have lost quite a few friends and relatives but i do dread the day that my parents or close family are taken. I have seen many dead bodies and have also witnessed many burials and the experience of seeing a dead body lowered into the ground and soil being tossed into the grave and piled ontop of the body in heaps is a very humbling experience.

We live like we are never going to die and when you see something like that you are brought back down to earth and realise that could be me any second. You see an empty grave next to that one and think that empty grave could be mine.

One minute you see the dead body infront of you and a few minutes later it is 6 foot under the ground. It brings one back to reality.

I myself have not seen anyone die in front of me but i did make it on time to see Paramedics trying to resuscitate my fathers sisters husband who we were very close to and grew up with. Ever since i could remember he has always been a close part of our family since we have not got much family in the UK. He also named me and did adhan in my ears.

Just seeing his dead body moving up and down from the attempts to resuscitate him by the paramedics was a truly surreal experience. I just watched him and thought of myself in that position with the paramedics trying to resuscitate me as i lay there helpless. He looked so lifeless and helpless laying there with his wife mourning for the loss of her husband of over 50 years.

One of my friends also died recently. He was only 28 years of age and was very suddenly struck by aggressive cancer and the last time i saw him he looked terrible and showed him his stomach which had a huge lump in it. The next thing i know his brother rang me and told me that he had died but alhamdulillah he had died saying the kalima.

My first cousin sister also died recently she was only 26 years of age. She was meant to go Hajj but fell ill and her aunties said they would'nt go without her but she forced them to go re-assuring them that she was going to be alright. She died a few days later whilst they were in Hajj. May Allah give her Jannatul Firdaus.

I remember when my best friend lost his wife who was only 19 to tuberculosis. I heard the news when i was abroad in Morrocco and i was deeply shocked. I was told by those close to him that when he heard of the news of his wifes death the first thing he did was say inna lillahi wa inna ilaihee raaji'oon- 'From him we come unto him we return' and read 2 rakat nafil and said it is the decree of Allah. He then mourned but accepted that it was the decreee of Allah and that he can take who he wants because we are his and death is a release from the prison of this world.

My brothers and sisters we must never become complacent. Death is a reality and it will happen to us at ANY second. We must realise that this world is but a few hours so we must do as much as we can to obey Allah and to please him.

We must repent and ask of him as much as we can and whilst we have life we should constantly glorify and remember him, recite his beautiful words with their meanings and implement them into our lives otherwise we will regret the time we wasted not remembering Allah!

We should also follow to the best of our ability our role model Rasulallah(Pbuh) and to strive all of the time to become better people and the best towards others. Let us change our conditions now because tomorrow may never come!

Please watch these three very short clips which will certainly shock us into realising that one second we may be normal and smiling and getting on with things and the next second overcome by death!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHhX4roeEco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYGR5iIbn9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU3VMuEAxY0

maisha
01-06-2010, 07:36 PM

that story is awfully sad ::cry:
thank you for sharing that story because it made me appreciate my family more. and i prey for your family imsad

Danah
01-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I am very sorry for everybody lose here............your posts bring tears to my eyes :cry:

Alhumdulilah I hadn't experience such thing in my life.

Scents of Jannah.........your story made me cry!!! May Allah have mercy on your father soul

Grace Seeker
01-06-2010, 08:28 PM
I have been present for many deaths. That is not unusual, as I am a pastor and I am often called to the bedside of people who are dying or to be with the family of the dying in order to provide spiritual comfort and guidance.

But, by far, the most personal of all the deaths I have witnessed is the death of my own mother. It was a year ago, and I shared some of that with the folks here on LI. Again, thanks to those who were so kind in your response to me at the time.

To answer the question of my own experience with it, as this New Year's was the anniversary of her passing it was also a time for some reflection. And what I recall is the peace that I had at the time. My mother had been admitted to the hospital a few days before. She had been ill for several months and not taking good care of herself prior, and so after one hospitalization that summer, I told her that she simply needed to be someplace else where people could and would look after her until she was better able to look after herself again. Of course we hoped that she would get better, but we came to realize this would never happen. One of the reasons that she was failing to make good decisions in taking care of herself was that she was experiencing the onset of dementia. But while she wasn't making good decisions about what to eat, dressing herself or even keeping herself clean, she was still able to otherwise engage in conversation and I moved her from being 4 hours away to be close to me, only 4 minutes away. And because of that I was able to see her on an every day basis. And though she missed some of her older friends, the best ones still came to visit and she was able to make new ones. She seemed content with this.

Then, while out of town, I got the call that she had been taken to the hospital emergency room. The nursing home told me they had found her unresponsive, but that she had come around quickly and they only transferred her to the hospital as a precaution. By the time I arrived at the hospital, they were able to confirm that she had had a heart attack. However, she was awake and able to talk with me. I stayed awhile, but she grew tired and wanted to sleep. So, since I had not yet been home, I said "good-bye, I love, be back soon" and returned home briefly while she was transferred from the ER to the ICU. When I got back to the hospital a little while later they had here settle in the ICU, but she was still asleep. The doctors were able to fill me in a little bit more that it had been a serious heart attack, and that the prognosis was not especially good. It's been awhile now, so I don't remember all the details any more, but I knew it was time to call the rest of the family. My brother came down, and my dad also (though my parents had divorced 25 years ago). More than once we were told that she wouldn't make it through the night, but she did. She had requested that no heroic measures be taken, and had indicated to me months before when she was well and during that time in the ER that she was ready to go. So, according to her wishes, we just provided palative care. And at 2:19 AM, January 1, 2009, surrounded by her family her heart began to beat erractically and then slowed to a stop. She was gone. Strangely, I didn't cry. I leaned over and kissed her on the forehead and told her I loved her again.

I find myself tearing up as I type this, but it isn't a sadness. There is actually joy in remembering those months we had at the end of her life where we connected again like we hadn't done in years. And there is a sense of peace in that the family I had grown up in was united again in that most precious moment. My dad shared with me and my brother in those final hours stories things he had never shared before of how they had met and their relationship had developed. Hard as it was to lose my mom, it was still a blessed time that I will always cherish and for which I thank God for giving us a chance to say good-bye in the way that we did.

Allaah Knows
01-06-2010, 08:34 PM
SubhaanAllaah :(
Allaah ta`aalaa grant us all sabrun jameel.

I have but only in my dreams. A memorable one being in the Ramadhaan passed. A bro attaining shahaadah. Lots of noor around him and shouts of takbeer. Allaahu Akbar.

Woodrow
01-06-2010, 08:49 PM
A fact of life, unless you are the first to die, you will witness death countless times, we all loose family, friends, acquaintances and witness the death of strangers. We humans go through many stages of thoughts about death as we travel through life. At different times we experience extreme grief, confusion, curiosity and other emotions. But, the older we get and the more often we see death we begin to see it it a new light and it becomes a thing of beauty that we must earn the right to. We can not grab it on our own, it is a gift that will come to us and hopefully we will be prepared to accept it as the gift it is.

We are saddened at the death of those we love. But, be not sad because they have died, be sad because you have lost the pleasure of their closeness. Cry over the sadness of the loss, but understand that their death is as much a part of their life as their birth was. Like birth, death is no more and no less than another step in life. Death is always fair, just and needed and each of us will die at the moment best for us. Some may have led a life that will bring them to eternal hell-fire. Rejoice for them as they have been spared from committing further sins that would have increased the pains of their eternal punishment. Some will die on the road to Jannah, rejoice for them as they will at last enjoy the pleasures earned by their lives.

Do not seek death as that will deprive you of the rewards brought by passing the trials only life can bring. Understand always that death is a gift and in order to enjoy a gift we must accept it as a gift and show we are ready to appreciate it.

Always be prepared for death and let your last breath be with the knowledge you have done your best to serve Allaah(swt)

Güven
01-06-2010, 09:06 PM
My father, who died unexpected and shocked my whole life and my whole family. We didn't even had a chance to say goodbye. I was the first one who saw his dead body and I was still 13....

Even though it was such hard times for me and my family I started realizing that if my father didn't I wouldn't be in the same state of imaan then I am right now. Because of his death, I came to know what life is. I came to know what Islam is.

My grandpa, died a couple of months later. it was such an awful year.

My grandmother, died the next year.

The husband of my aunt, died in the same year as my grandmother.

A friend/acquaintance of mine.

and several other people who were somehow connected to me or one of my family members.

Each one of them had a lesson for me. Each one of them were tough but I'm still so grateful to Allah that I'm still standing today. Alhamdullilah!

Grace Seeker
01-06-2010, 09:19 PM
The Dragonfly Story

Down below the surface of a quiet pond lived a little colony of water bugs. They were a happy colony, living far away from the sun. For many months they were very busy, scurrying over the soft mud on the bottom of the pond. They did notice that every once in awhile one of their colony seemed to lose interest in going about. Clinging to the stem of a pond lily it gradually moved out of sight and was seen no more.

"Look!" said one of the water bugs to another. "One of our colony is climbing up the lily stalk. Where do you think she is going?" Up, up, up it slowly went....Even as they watched, the water bug disappeared from sight. Its friends waited and waited but it didn't return...

"That's funny!" said one water bug to another. "Wasn't she happy here?" asked a second... "Where do you suppose she went?" wondered a third.

No one had an answer. They were greatly puzzled. Finally one of the water bugs, a leader in the colony, gathered its friends together. "I have an idea". The next one of us who climbs up the lily stalk must promise to come back and tell us where he or she went and why."

"We promise", they said solemnly.

One spring day, not long after, the very water bug who had suggested the plan found himself climbing up the lily stalk. Up, up, up, he went. Before he knew what was happening, he had broke through the surface of the water and fallen onto the broad, green lily pad above.

When he awoke, he looked about with surprise. He couldn't believe what he saw. A startling change had come to his old body. His movement revealed four silver wings and a long tail. Even as he struggled, he felt an impulse to move his wings...The warmth of the sun soon dried the moisture from the new body. He moved his wings again and suddenly found himself up above the water. He had become a dragonfly!!

Swooping and dipping in great curves, he flew through the air. He felt exhilarated in the new atmosphere. By and by the new dragonfly lighted happily on a lily pad to rest. Then it was that he chanced to look below to the bottom of the pond. Why, he was right above his old friends, the water bugs! There they were scurrying around, just as he had been doing some time before.

The dragonfly remembered the promise: "The next one of us who climbs up the lily stalk will come back and tell where he or she went and why." Without thinking, the dragonfly darted down. Suddenly he hit the surface of the water and bounced away. Now that he was a dragonfly, he could no longer go into the water...

"I can't return!" he said in dismay. "At least, I tried. But I can't keep my promise. Even if I could go back, not one of the water bugs would know me in my new body. I guess I'll just have to wait until they become dragonflies too. Then they'll understand what has happened to me, and where I went."

And the dragonfly winged off happily into its wonderful new world of sun and air.......
From: "Waterbugs and Dragonflies : Explaining Death to Young Children"
by Doris Stickney

welcome_islam
01-07-2010, 01:19 AM
hey salam...i am so sorry for everyone loss and i hope they have gone to jannah...i myself havent seen death but i have had close family members that have passed away. The beginning of 2009, our family...close and extended family had many people died...We had more than 6 people died in the first week of the new year.

My parents were in Pakistan when my mother's uncle was in Hospital. He was really bad. After a few days, he was getting bad as he had TB. He was in Coma for the 2 weeks on 2009. I remember when my parents came back. When they came back on the same day, the first place they went was the hospital to see how he was but he was in Coma. My mum spent most of her time in hopsital.

But then the day arrived that shook everyone. On the 24th of Januray 2009 at 4.30, I was at home when my Mum rang to see if my dad was home. i asked her he wasnt and asked about my Granddad. She said that he was still the same. After half-an hour my Dad came back from work. He was about to read namaz when we got a call from my mum. I went over to pick it up. My mum wouldnt tell anything but asked me if Dad was home. I told her that he was and i gave it to him hoping that everything was ok.

The i saw my Dad's face and I realised that he had died. I couldnt believe but I had to make sure that it was real. After the phone call, i asked my Dad and he told me that he has died. i couldnt believe and I started to cry. i asked my Dad if I should ring my uncles and Aunties. So I started to ring everyone.

The next day, I rang up my work and told them that my Granddad past away and i had to go to the funeral...I couldnt beleive that i haven't going to see him again.

Everytime he came to our house, we asked him if he could stay a night and he said next time but that day, i realised that there wasnt going to be a next time. It was my first funeral that i ever visited and i saw his face and i couldnt believe that it was him lying there! I hated it.

I hope that Allah can forgive his sins and grant him a place in Junnah.

Italianguy
01-07-2010, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by welcome_islam
hey salam...i am so sorry for everyone loss and i hope they have gone to jannah...i myself havent seen death but i have had close family members that have passed away. The beginning of 2009, our family...close and extended family had many people died...We had more than 6 people died in the first week of the new year.

My parents were in Pakistan when my mother's uncle was in Hospital. He was really bad. After a few days, he was getting bad as he had TB. He was in Coma for the 2 weeks on 2009. I remember when my parents came back. When they came back on the same day, the first place they went was the hospital to see how he was but he was in Coma. My mum spent most of her time in hopsital.

But then the day arrived that shook everyone. On the 24th of Januray 2009 at 4.30, I was at home when my Mum rang to see if my dad was home. i asked her he wasnt and asked about my Granddad. She said that he was still the same. After half-an hour my Dad came back from work. He was about to read namaz when we got a call from my mum. I went over to pick it up. My mum wouldnt tell anything but asked me if Dad was home. I told her that he was and i gave it to him hoping that everything was ok.

The i saw my Dad's face and I realised that he had died. I couldnt believe but I had to make sure that it was real. After the phone call, i asked my Dad and he told me that he has died. i couldnt believe and I started to cry. i asked my Dad if I should ring my uncles and Aunties. So I started to ring everyone.

The next day, I rang up my work and told them that my Granddad past away and i had to go to the funeral...I couldnt beleive that i haven't going to see him again.

Everytime he came to our house, we asked him if he could stay a night and he said next time but that day, i realised that there wasnt going to be a next time. It was my first funeral that i ever visited and i saw his face and i couldnt believe that it was him lying there! I hated it.

I hope that Allah can forgive his sins and grant him a place in Junnah.
Sorry to hear thatimsad But he is at a better place now:D

aadil77
01-07-2010, 01:56 AM
SubhanAllah these are some intense experiences :exhausted, may Allah grant mercy to all those we've who have left us

Ramadhan
01-07-2010, 03:25 AM
My father died when I was 16. He had a mild stroke attack a year before, and the family doctor told him to lay off cigarettes, which he did, for a while. I remember that I hated it everytime I saw him smoking and I frequently told him to stop smoking. Nothing unusual happened that morning. My dad and mum, my brothers and I had breakfast, and then my dad drove to his office and we to our schools.
Just after 2 hours in school, my teacher told me that my neighbour came to school to take me home but did not explain why and I did not ask. I knew right away something terrible happened but could not figure out what exactly. I kept thinking hard all the home, is my family member sick, very sick? died? if someone died, then who?
All these horrible thoughts kept occupying me during the ride home.
Only when we arrived home that I found out my fathers body wrapped in batik sheet in our living room with mum crying and neighbours and relatives who live close by. Seeing that and realizing that my dad died was the worst moment in my life. I was just totally numb and did not stop crying for hours.
But Alhamdulillah I still had the strength to help washing my dad's body (In Islam, we need wash and cleanse the body of the dead from impurities before burial). I made sure that he was very clean. We buried my father in a cemetery not far from home after Asr (around 4 pm) as in Islam we should not wait overnight to bury the dead if possible. We could not even wait for my brother who lived in another city and could not get flight home in time.

The second death i survived was of a person whom I loved very very much. She was killed in a terrible situation with gunshots and then I had to go to the hospital to identify the body. That was the worst. After her death, I was sort of living in a paralyzing haze for two years.

I also witnessed deaths live few years ago when I worked for a foreign funded organization who provided national support for local implementation of GF-ATM (Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria). For the work, I regularly visited a few hospitals which provided specialised care for AIDS patients. In a few occasions, I was witnessing the deaths of such patients in the hospitals.
Late stages HIV/AIDS patients who have lost practically all of their CD4 (the white blood cells component which is most affected by HIV) suffered from all kinds of diseases and illnesses you can find in medical books. Some manifestations of the diseases are really really horrible.
Young people especially those without strong eeman, need at least once to get a real glimpse of those conditions so they think twice before they do real stupid things (such as extramarital sex and injecting drugs).

Italianguy
01-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Ever since yesterday when i posted my response all I can see in my mind is that kid i mentioned on the fishing trip i was on that diedimsad.......I can't get that immage out of my headimsad.......I mean...I did everything I could, i really did....If I stayed with him i would have drowned too...I beg God to forgive me, everyday for not being able to cut those steel linesimsad.....I just couldn't stay under any longer....by the time I came up for air, the boat was about 50 feet under water and sinkingimsad.....now all i can see is his facial expression of utter fear and his screaming for his mother:cry::cry:........I can't do this anymore....I feel as if it is my fault. I could have tried going back down?, i could have tried so much more. ...it was 20 foot seas though and the water was so cold and beating us up.....for a year i saw his face every minute of the day.....Is this my fault?? I feel as if it is.imsad I wan't to say a million excuses on how i couldn't have done anythng more, and the others on my boat said what I did was heroic.....How? He died, and the last thing he saw was me. I don't know what to do to try to forgive myself? Maybe I never will.

Italianguy
01-07-2010, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
My father died when I was 16. He had a mild stroke attack a year before, and the family doctor told him to lay off cigarettes, which he did, for a while. I remember that I hated it everytime I saw him smoking and I frequently told him to stop smoking. Nothing unusual happened that morning. My dad and mum, my brothers and I had breakfast, and then my dad drove to his office and we to our schools.
Just after 2 hours in school, my teacher told me that my neighbour came to school to take me home but did not explain why and I did not ask. I knew right away something terrible happened but could not figure out what exactly. I kept thinking hard all the home, is my family member sick, very sick? died? if someone died, then who?
All these horrible thoughts kept occupying me during the ride home.
Only when we arrived home that I found out my fathers body wrapped in batik sheet in our living room with mum crying and neighbours and relatives who live close by. Seeing that and realizing that my dad died was the worst moment in my life. I was just totally numb and did not stop crying for hours.
But Alhamdulillah I still had the strength to help washing my dad's body (In Islam, we need wash and cleanse the body of the dead from impurities before burial). I made sure that he was very clean. We buried my father in a cemetery not far from home after Asr (around 4 pm) as in Islam we should not wait overnight to bury the dead if possible. We could not even wait for my brother who lived in another city and could not get flight home in time.

The second death i survived was of a person whom I loved very very much. She was killed in a terrible situation with gunshots and then I had to go to the hospital to identify the body. That was the worst. After her death, I was sort of living in a paralyzing haze for two years.

I also witnessed deaths live few years ago when I worked for a foreign funded organization who provided national support for local implementation of GF-ATM (Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria). For the work, I regularly visited a few hospitals which provided specialised care for AIDS patients. In a few occasions, I was witnessing the deaths of such patients in the hospitals.
Late stages HIV/AIDS patients who have lost practically all of their CD4 (the white blood cells component which is most affected by HIV) suffered from all kinds of diseases and illnesses you can find in medical books. Some manifestations of the diseases are really really horrible.
Young people especially those without strong eeman, need at least once to get a real glimpse of those conditions so they think twice before they do real stupid things (such as extramarital sex and injecting drugs).
I feel for you brother, i as well have seen multpile terminally ill HIV patients in countries where there is no treatment, or lack of much treatmant, it's a horrible sight. I commend you on your volunteering and mayGod bring upon you peace and blessings.

SweetCherryPie
01-07-2010, 04:24 AM
Ever since yesterday when i posted my response all I can see in my mind is that kid i mentioned on the fishing trip i was on that diedimsad.......I can't get that immage out of my headimsad.......I mean...I did everything I could, i really did....If I stayed with him i would have drowned too...I beg God to forgive me, everyday for not being able to cut those steel linesimsad.....I just couldn't stay under any longer....by the time I came up for air, the boat was about 50 feet under water and sinkingimsad.....now all i can see is his facial expression of utter fear and his screaming for his mother:cry::cry:........I can't do this anymore....I feel as if it is my fault. I could have tried going back down?, i could have tried so much more. ...it was 20 foot seas though and the water was so cold and beating us up.....for a year i saw his face every minute of the day.....Is this my fault?? I feel as if it is.imsad I wan't to say a million excuses on how i couldn't have done anythng more, and the others on my boat said what I did was heroic.....How? He died, and the last thing he saw was me. I don't know what to do to try to forgive myself? Maybe I never will.
Italianguy, I'm sorry for what happened and you had to go through. It must have been very traumatic for you. Please do not blame yourself. You did all you could. Everyone tends to blame themselves when tragedy happens, esp when somehow, they feel as if they were the ones that should have gone instead of others. I have been there, I kept telling myself .. it should have been me and not my mother as she was such a lovely human being ... but you know what, that kind of thoughts are not healthy ... so please, Italianguy, don't do this to yourself. Be strong and know that you have tried all you can to save him ... this is just the way it is suppose to be. I am sure he's in a better place now. It is time to forgive yourself and move on. God loves him more.

Hamza Asadullah
01-07-2010, 04:28 AM
Whatever is decreed will happen even if the world were to be created again and again. Every person is given a set amount of time and when that time is up then it is time to go. So let us make the best of now before it is our time to go! Let us change now for there may never be a tomorrow!

Italianguy
01-07-2010, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SweetCherryPie
Italianguy, I'm sorry for what happened and you had to go through. It must have been very traumatic for you. Please do not blame yourself. You did all you could. Everyone tends to blame themselves when tragedy happens, esp when somehow, they feel as if they were the ones that should have gone instead of others. I have been there, I kept telling myself .. it should have been me and not my mother as she was such a lovely human being ... but you know what, that kind of thoughts are not healthy ... so please, Italianguy, don't do this to yourself. Be strong and know that you have tried all you can to save him ... this is just the way it is suppose to be. I am sure he's in a better place now. It is time to forgive yourself and move on. God loves him more.
Thank you, I understand that....but still...when it's you, it's easier said than doneimsad....I am sorry you have gone through this as wellimsad. I just can't do it anymore.....I still see hs face clearly and his screams woke me up last night:cry:. My wife was so scared she started crying....she thought I was having a heart attack or something. ....It's so vivid....so for now....I blame me. I could have done more, I should have just gone with himimsad he was alone, he shouldn't have been there.:cry:

Snowflake
01-07-2010, 04:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maisha
that story is awfully sad ::cry:
thank you for sharing that story because it made me appreciate my family more. and i prey for your family imsad
:sl: JazakiAllahu khayr ukhti. Hamdulillah, my story helped you. May Allah's blessings be with you and your fmaily. But don't be sad dear sis. My father suffered from emphysema and asthma for 23 years. Toward the end he could not breathe without oxygen and he was also diagnosed with bowel cancer. It was terminal. If Allah hadn't took his life when He did, my father would've suffered so much more as the cancer would have ravaged his body completely. Alhamdulillah, He doesn't burden a soul beyond his scope. We also have the opportunity to pray for our father's forgiveness and ask for Paradise for him after his death. Allah, SWT says that He is as His servant think of Him. After all my dad's suffering I believe Allah, Ghufoor ur Raheem, has cleansed him of his sins and He will grant him a place in Jannah. I miss him but looking back I thank Allah He saved my father from more suffering and I am grateful to Him for that.

format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
I am very sorry for everybody lose here............your posts bring tears to my eyes :cry:

Alhumdulilah I hadn't experience such thing in my life.

Scents of Jannah.........your story made me cry!!! May Allah have mercy on your father soul
Ameen. I'm sorry I made you cry ukhti. As you see in my reply to sis Maisha, in suffering there is relief, so alhamdulillah ala kulli haal. I find even the harsh experiences of life beautiful, in the sense that they bring us knowledge that we didn't have before. JazakiAllah for your duaas. May Allah's blessings be with you and your family. Ameen.

May Allah make us patient and forgive our deceased and those who came before us. Ameen

Hamza Asadullah
01-07-2010, 04:41 AM
:sl: JazakiAllahu khayr ukhti. Hamdulillah, my story helped you. May Allah's blessings be with you and your fmaily. But don't be sad dear sis. My father from emphysema, asthma for 23 years. Toward the end he could not breathe without oxygen and he was also diagnosed with bowel cancer. It was terminal. If Allah hadn't took his life when He did, my father would've suffered so much more as the cancer would have ravaged his body completely. Alhamdulillah, He doesn't burden a soul beyond his scope. We also have the opportunity to pray for our father's forgiveness and ask for Paradise for him after his death. Allah, SWT says that He is as His servant think of Him. After all my dad's suffering I believe Allah, Ghufoor ur Raheem, has cleansed him of his sins and He will grant him a place in Jannah. I miss him but looking back I thank Allah He saved my father from more suffering and I am grateful to Him for that.

Ameen. I'm sorry I made you cry ukhti. As you see in my reply to sis Maisha, in suffering there is relief, so alhamdulillah ala kulli haal. I find even the harsh experiences of life beautiful, in the sense that they bring us knowledge that we didn't have before. JazakiAllah for your duaas. May Allah's blessings be with you and your family. Ameen.

May Allah make us patient and forgive our deceased and those who came before us. Ameen
Asalaaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, May Allah give your father and all the Muslims that have died from Adam(As) until now and all the Muslims that are to come Jannatul Firdaus and make their accounts easy in the hereafter. Ameen

Let us remember every believer in our dua's and we will get the reward of every believer we pray for:

Narrated ‘Ubaadah that the Messenger of Allah said, “Whoever seeks forgiveness for the believing men and believing women, Allah will write for him a good deed for each believing man and believing woman.” (Tabarrani)

Snowflake
01-07-2010, 05:09 AM

Greetings Italianguy,

No!!! Please don't blame yourself for what happened. Life and death are in His Hands. You are not to blame in anyway at all. By Allah, you have no power to save anyone if He wills to take them. A hundred men could not have saved him if Allah wanted to take him. Yes he felt fear for a short time, and you witnessed it. But God willing, he is not suffering now and you shouldn't punish yourself for something that was beyond your control. We don't know the future. Only Allah knows, and you must believe that God is Just and if He took that person as He did then it maybe He saved him from a worse death. Who has lived forever? No one. One day and in one way or another we must all go. Like my father died from multiple organ failure, not from bowel cancer as had thought he would. If God didn't take him then, he would suffered beyond what we could've imagined. God never does injustice to anyone. Perhaps, being a muslim who totally accepts the Will of the Creator it is easier for me to say that even in our suffering there is good for us. But you believe in the same God. You must also believe that what happened was His will and there was nothing you or anyone could've done to help. Life in this world was never meant to be a bed of roses. It wasn't meant for you to save him. We belong to Him and He has the right to take us when He wills. You must admit that there was nothing you could do and let go of this guilt. My brother in humanity, give God His due rights by acknowledging that none other except God has the Power and Might to do what He wills. We cannot think that we can do what only God has the power to do. Once you recognise these attributes that belong to Him alone, you will find peace and acceptance in what He wills. You will simply realise there was nothing you or anyone could have done. Be at peace inshaAllah. God willing.

Snowflake
01-07-2010, 05:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, May Allah give your father and all the Muslims that have died from Adam(As) until now and all the Muslims that are to come Jannatul Firdaus and make their accounts easy in the hereafter. Ameen

Let us remember every believer in our dua's and we will get the reward of every believer we pray for:

Narrated ‘Ubaadah that the Messenger of Allah said, “Whoever seeks forgiveness for the believing men and believing women, Allah will write for him a good deed for each believing man and believing woman.” (Tabarrani)

Ameen ya Rabbil alamiin.. May Allah's blessings and mercy be upon you and your family. JazakAllahu khayr akhi. Ameen.

Woodrow
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM
While in our life times we eventually become a witness to death many times. The death that affects us the most is one we feel we could have prevented. It is much easier to be the one who dies than being the one who lives after we experience seeing such a death. We go through frequent personal hell and self torture, criticizing our selves as, we become possessed with the idea we could have saved that person. We torture ourselves with visions of how simple it would have been to save the person if only we had.............done what ever we think we failed to do.

The simple truth is we have done all we could do at the moment. It may not have been what should have been done, but it is all we could have done at the moment. Death only takes one heart beat that never comes when it is needed. Saving the person from that moment takes advance notice and full knowledge of what needs to be done with no time allowed to plan a course of action. If that plan does not occur without thought, the fact is it was never intended for us to save that person's life. It is not a failure, it is simply not having the needed tools or ability to save the person.

It is hard to see a person die when later we can see a method by which we could have saved the person. But, there is no blame, there was a reason beyond out control that we could not see or act upon a course of action to save the person. We need not suffer from guilt over that which is beyond our control. We have no right to place our thoughts into self belief that we are omnipotent and capable of doing all things.

Sorry, my fellow companion in life. You are not omnipotent, like all of us you do not have the ability to do all things. Do not over value your worth by thinking you could have saved that person. Accept the fact you are limited and know that you could not have saved that person, no matter how much your ego is trying to make you believe you could have. It is not your fault that you were not chosen as an instrument to save that person. Nor would it have been of your own abilities if you had become the instrument to save that person. Unless we choose to deliberately murder a person, we have very little control over if a person will live or die.

Muslim Woman
01-08-2010, 06:07 AM

...covered him with the blanket properly so he won't feel cold. :cry:
so sorry sis . I can feel your pain as I also lost my dad .

May Allah grant Jannat to them and us , Ameen.

Snowflake
01-08-2010, 06:24 AM
Ameen ukhti. May Allah grant your father Jannatul Firdaws. Ameen.

Abdul Qadir
01-10-2010, 06:06 PM

Youtube "death"..many interesting vids..

Ramadhan
01-11-2010, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
Youtube "death"..many interesting vids..
I find it very morbid and in extremely bad taste to post someone's dying moments on the internet for all to see.

Abdul Qadir
01-11-2010, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I find it very morbid and in extremely bad taste to post someone's dying moments on the internet for all to see.
I agree with u...i wouldn't want my death to be recorded and to be circulated around...

cat eyes
01-11-2010, 10:00 PM
yeah i did. people ask me but i dont talk about it because i will start crying to much. i sometimes get flash backs

Shifaa
01-15-2010, 07:40 AM
I saw my grandmother (may Allah grants her Jannat) died. she was suffering from lung cancer and she suffered a lot. I loved and will continue to love her. She was the best grandma. She died at the age of 56, with this terrible disease. I would have been so happy if she would have been here.

Santoku
01-17-2010, 12:12 AM

Tough luck on the kid, that is a hard thing to swallow, however if I can put in a hopeful note, if she was good then she is now in heaven.

18 years ago I was on a St. John Ambulance duty, a man collapsed on the bowling green 200 yards away. They sent for us, as I examined him I felt his pulse quiver and stop so I started CPR, for 20 minutes I performed CPR, the ambulance got there eventually,but it was way too late, that night I cried myself to sleep, not usual at age 38. Sometimes at night I can still feel the bristles of his top lip and smell his tobaccoey breath, not pleasant memories.

AlHoda
01-17-2010, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia

SubhanAllah..
Subhanallah, may Allah have mercy on your mother-in-law, i was shocked to read that she was killed. May Allah protect us all from such a death.

AlHoda
01-17-2010, 07:38 PM
The only time when I saw a dead body, was when a boy who lived above us died. It was very shocking because he was only 13, I never will forget when I saw his body. He just died so suddenly without any warning, may Allah have mercy on his soul. When I first saw him, I though he was just unconsious, he never looked like a dead body, I never got to know him well but it was the first time I ever saw a dead body.

Minniiee..Mee..
01-17-2010, 08:23 PM
A/Aleykum,,
i'm not sure if this is revelant or not but the only time ive seen a dead body is on T.V. to be honest i dont think id sleep for days if i did see one.

~ Sabr ~
06-09-2012, 06:18 AM
i'm sorry for everyone's loss. may they go to Jannah, ameen

Ramadan90
06-09-2012, 10:29 AM
No. Not yet. The thought of someone in my family will die one day is scary.:cry: But I am not trying to think about it too much. I am enjoying my time with them now when they are alive.

Pure Purple
06-09-2012, 01:13 PM
I have seen death of my granny when I was only 5 years old.She died on the day of walima of my maternal aunt.It was all messed up my aunt was youngest among her siblings ,she was very upset.I was very attached to my granny and still remember while going to hospital she looks towards me and smiled.After half an hour later she died.
At that time I didn't feel anything bad and I was staying at my hometown.When I shifted to my current city at the of 7 I don't why I started missing her much.I used to cry when I go to bed at night for sleep.I am missing her very much.May allah grant her highest level in jannah.

Snowflake
06-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Talking about death, how many of us know how to wash and prepare the deceased for burial. This is fardh al kifaya (a communal obligation) meaning that if some muslims are able to do it then the rest won't be accountable. But if no one can do it then every muslim in thta community will be held accountable. Al hamdulillah this isn't a problem in most places. But wouldn't we prefer to prepare our own loved ones for burial?

Ask your local mosque if they hold Ghusl and Shrouding Workshops. Green Lane mosque in Birmingham do them in Urdu & English. Really beneficial, no dead bodies in sight, and you can volunteer to be the body if you want.

~ Sabr ~
06-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Where I live, the masjid has a 24 hour service for this, so all good.

Darth Ultor
06-09-2012, 06:44 PM
I never actually saw anyone die but I have lost important people in my life.

MysticSoumeya
06-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Well, yes, I unfortunately witnessed the death of dear ones and that of perfect strangers who at the last seconds of life seemed so ever close to me or me to them. We are such fragile things clinging to this dunya. May Allah guide us in his chosen path.

Snowflake
06-09-2012, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Where I live, the masjid has a 24 hour service for this, so all good.
Al hamdulillah, same here. But when I attended the workshop, I thought how loving and tender it would be to prepare a loved one with your own hands. The bathing, the perfuming and shrouding. Subhan Allah. Sad but such beautiful experiences and also a great source of forgiveness for the one doing it.

yasirslm
06-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Yes I have seen my father die in my hands. He was a cancer patient and getting treatment from Shaukat Khanum Hospital,one day his health got down and we rushed to the hospital, I was sitting on back seat as my uncle was driving the car, my father's head was in my arms ,on half way to hospital he got expired :(

patientgrace
06-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Yes, I have witnessed someone close to me die.

My great-grandmother passed away of cancer about 15 years ago, and I held her hand as she closed her eyes peacefully and was taken up to Heaven. It was such a precious moment for me and I will remember if forever. I would like to go as peacefully as possible. I would hate to die some tragic violent death, then again, if that is God's will, then I will be accepting of it.

MustafaMc
06-24-2012, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by patientgrace
she closed her eyes peacefully and was taken up to Heaven.
Can you share why Christians always assume that their passed relatives were 'taken up to Heaven'? The concept of 'being saved' as in the past tense is alien to Islam. We look toward Judgement Day with a balance of hope in God's promised mercy and fear of His wrath while Christians have 'blessed assurance' in their salvation through acceptance of Jesus as their atoning sacrifice. I know of no Muslim who would say, "If I died tonight I KNOW that I would go to Heaven.' Yet, I know many Christians who would readily make this claim. A most critical element in every deed is the intention behind it and who among us truly knows his own heart and innermost intention? If a Christian is ever 'saved', can he become unsaved?

Haya emaan
06-28-2012, 07:54 PM
no i have never witnessed any one close to me die neither i have lost any one close to me.. i haven't seen a dead body in real.
I dont know why but i just fear death too much. when i hear some one known to me or my family died i fear visiting their home and i never go in the funeral gathering. i know i should go and these are actually the reminders for us.

Endymion
06-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Majority of people in Pakistan are afraid of dead while they should fear the living ones :hmm:

CosmicPathos
06-30-2012, 06:36 PM
where do you live in pak? :s

Endymion
06-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Karachi.

CosmicPathos
06-30-2012, 06:42 PM
that explains your response! Hope you're safe :S

Endymion
06-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Lol... no i didn't mean that.Its not about whats going on around.Most of the People here are afraid of dead.They even stop newly weds visit the dead's house untill the dead body is there :hmm:

muslimah bird
07-01-2012, 10:47 AM
I have only seen deaths on tv so far . I havent seen a single person die right infront of my eyes .

Signor
07-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Death is always an amazing reminder,no matter how much you have been indulged in your life.Couldn't been able to see someone dying infront of me but i do take part in the last rites of the deceased one

ibrahim.M
01-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Once I saw one small boy aged 9 or 10, was bumped by a jeep when he was riding a bike, and then he was thrown to the road shoulder and his head bumped on it, then he was just lying on the ground and blood came out slowly from his mouth. People gathered and some of them went and informed the boy's parents to come. I left since the things I saw were so sad for me to take.

All the parents, please let your boys wear helmet and protective gears when they are riding bikes, especially on the small streets where cars are running.

May Allah protect us all!

Muhaba
01-11-2013, 04:31 PM
non-muslims may want to comment on this one. i'd like to hear their experiences of death. I read somewhere that it sometimes takes a person two weeks to die. two weeks or so in the throes of death! astaghfirrullah. in a hadith it is said that the death of a kafir is like putting cotton on a thorny bush and then trying to remove it from it - the cotton tears up and some cottone remains stuck to the thorns. [likewise, the kafir's soul, being afraid of what is to happen afterwards, hides in the body and refuses to come out. so it is torn into bits when being pulled out of the body.] On the otehr hand, the muslim's death is like opening a knot. [Knots are of different kinds, some open very easily and some are very hard to open and you may have to cut it to open it. In a similar way, some very righteous Muslim's soul leaves the body very easily, havig led a righteous life, it knows that it's results are good. While other muslims who are sinners are more afraid so their souls depart with more difficulty.]

ardianto
01-11-2013, 05:19 PM
It's happened when I was teenager in early of 80's. In a Saturday night, I drove my small truck with two friends and visited my another friend's house. When I was talking with the house owner, I heard someone greet me. I looked back and saw "O".
"Hey, you are here"
"Yes" he replied "I come with "I", ride motorcycle"
Then we talked for few moments, but suddenly I felt something strange on "O". I noticed him, but I could not know what was this something strange.

Then "O" left the house with "I", rode his motorcycle. Around a half hour later, I left the house too with my two friend, rode my truck.

Not so long when we passed a dark street we saw "I", stood on the street and called me. He was panic and crying. I stopped my truck and asked him.
"What's happen?".
"A truck hit us!"
"What? where is "O"?".
"I" didn't say anything but his finger pointed to a big truck near him. I didn't see the truck driver, but I saw "O" lie down on the street. He was dying when I reached him. We put him on my truck and I drove it as fast I could to the nearest hospital.

We arrived in the hospital and quickly brought him to emergency unit. But, doctors could not save his life. "O" died just a moment after we reached the hospital. And suddenly I realized what was the something strange on "O" that I've seen before.

There was dark shadow covered his face ...!!

"O" buried at Sunday. I attend in his burial, and I was crying there. :cry:

Haya emaan
01-11-2013, 06:08 PM
a month before, i saw a dead body for the first time in my life. my aunt's mother in law. she was ill for years. i was scared to go to the room where they kept her body but my mom said i should go and see. she was lying on bed wrapped in white. it was hard to realize that it was just a body without soul. i could hear her coughing and breathing(she had breathing problems also).

may Allah SWT forgive her sins and enter her in jannah. ameen

CosmicPathos
01-12-2013, 01:46 AM
i have seen 4 of my patients die in last 3 weeks. life has been unforgiving, for them, and for me.

Periwinkle18
03-18-2013, 03:52 PM
^ inna lillahe wa inna elayhe rajion

we're all gng to return to Allah some day...

I've never seen anyone die in front of me.if I did I would never forget for the rest of my life. :s

it's a reminder for all of us tht one day we would go to may Allah forgive us all and He be pleased with us. ameen

username95
03-18-2013, 04:02 PM
My eyes are practically leaking:cry:
Losing a parent, i can't even imagine the pain
I have only experienced two losses in my life, my grandfather and my cousin sister and both times i was young so i did not feel many emotions, but the pain on my aunts face on the day of her daughters funeral was just horrible.
Death is inevitable and although it absolutely kills me to say this, i know my parents will one day depart from this world...and with the added health problems they both have i cant help but think its going to be soon.
imsad (literally crying a river now :/)
I hope Allah keeps them safe and whatever happens.....its Allahs will

Innocent Soul
05-11-2013, 03:27 PM
I saw my grand mother. I still remember that late night when I got a call from my uncle to ask my mom to call her again. I woke her up and came to know that grandma has fallen from the bed. My mom rushed to the hospital. I felt soo afraid thinking about what if she died. She was well for sometime but after some time my mom brought her to our for for taking care of her. I saw her getting shifted from the hospital with the bed. She had so many tubes connected all over her body. I felt soo bad when my mom supplied the fluid for her body through the tube. She had a oxygen cylinder and soo many days she was struggling for everything. Whenever anyone came to meet her her face lighted. After some days she was kept in the hospital and died there.

M.I.A.
05-11-2013, 06:04 PM
i was in the hospital when my grandfather passed away.

i saw cancer slowly destroy my best friend.

...he told my how it affected him and how he felt his family turn against him as the days passed.

i know it was the cancer but it changed the way i live my life.

and made me critical of all the things people put each other through.

may allah swt have mercy upon us.

sister herb
05-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Salam alaykum

I haven´t seen that any human dies but seen how animals die, my pets. One of them I kept on my hands when it died and talked kindly when I knew it still hears my voice and remembers it.

imsad

GodIsAll
05-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Four in three years...
All beloved family members called back to their source.

sister herb
05-11-2013, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
Four in three years...
All beloved family members called back to their source.
Peace with you

Sorry to hear. :embarrass

AhmedGassama
11-11-2015, 05:04 PM
I voted No
But subhanallah i just came back from the house of the cousin of my father, and i witnessed his death in front of my eyes...

strivingobserver98
11-11-2015, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmedGassama
I voted No
But subhanallah i just came back from the house of the cousin of my father, and i witnessed his death in front of my eyes...
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Subhan Allah, may Allah grant him highest level of Jannah.

sister herb
11-12-2015, 02:50 PM
I voted no before but later I have seen some people die. Not from family or friends but I was training in the elderly caring center and there were some patients in terminal care. Seeing unknown person to die didn´t feel anything else than just natural how the life ends. Few times I sat with dying person during hers last minutes, holding hand and tried to make hers feeling a little more comfortable. I didn´t like how so many had to die alone in their hospital beds, without family members or not even a nurse with them. Unfortunately many die alone in the hospitals.

Mahdy
11-12-2015, 03:35 PM
no. but i missed seeing a woman get run over by 3 different cars by about 30 seconds, and saw her body lying in the road. i'll never forget it.

AhmedGassama
11-12-2015, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I didn´t like how so many had to die alone in their hospital beds, without family members or not even a nurse with them. Unfortunately many die alone in the hospitals.
If that kind of thing happen here, it will be a scandal and the newspaper will talk about it...
Here, when someone dies all the family members will come, not only the children or the uncles, but also the cousins, the neightbors, the friends, the son of the son of the cousins... and we support them and we stay with them and we eat with them three days.

And despite of that, we say that we are not like our grand fathers, because at the age of our grand father, the whoooole comunity join together and eat together, and take care of each others, they will never leave the family which lost one of their members until they get their smiles back...
Our grand fathers were men, but now we only think about our own interests..

sister herb
11-12-2015, 04:24 PM
^^ I wish here too would have kind of habit.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.