/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would you marry someone taller/shorter than you?

Beardo
01-10-2010, 05:00 AM
You can keep it to me to think up these crazy questions. But I ask them in the most sincere manner. I'm really curious!

If you wanted to know my vote, I voted that i would not marry someone taller than me. Is that too picky? It's just not comfortable for me.

Edit:

I may make an exception. One exception being that she loves doing chores, or she likes cooking. Or can iron well. Or she's web savvy and can help manage my sites.

When I said this to zAk once, he said i should just stay single. :l

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 05:09 AM
I would like to marry a relatively taller female on average, but certainly shorter than me. I think its just our psychology. But of course these things are trivial in the end. A personal preference, but nothing more than that.

Beardo
01-10-2010, 05:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
I would like to marry a relatively taller female on average, but certainly shorter than me. I think its just our psychology. But of course these things are trivial in the end. A personal preference, but nothing more than that.
I guess that's how today's society shaped us. :hmm:

CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 05:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I guess that's how today's society shaped us. :hmm:
I dont think so. There are people who will have opposite preferences. So can we say that today's society did not shape them? No. It's just what we inherently like and what we dont. Genetic differences I guess. Or maybe conditioning of the brain. Saw too many couples with shorter females, so the brain has "evolved" to think that's the norm. If the norm is broken, seems weird.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rafeeq
01-10-2010, 05:23 AM
You can keep it to me to think up these crazy questions. But I ask them in the most sincere manner. I'm really curious!

If you wanted to know my vote, I voted that i would not marry someone taller than me. Is that too picky? It's just not comfortable for me.

Edit:

I may make an exception. One exception being that she loves doing chores, or she likes cooking. Or can iron well. Or she's web savvy and can help manage my sites.

I will agree with zAk, Rashad. By the way, finding such posts on the forum, I would like to request guys around you to get an appointment from a good psychatrist for you, :D.

By the way, my vote was I don't care, do you?!? realy it matters?!!!!!!

CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
I will agree with zAk, Rashad. By the way, finding such posts on the forum, I would like to request guys around you to get an appointment from a good psychatrist for you, :D.

By the way, my vote was I don't care, do you?!? realy it matters?!!!!!!
you ahve 2 females to choose from. Both are equally religious. Equally beautiful to you. You are 6 feet tall. One female is 6'5''. Other is 5'7''. Which one would you choose? No option for choosing both :D

Rafeeq
01-10-2010, 07:44 AM
you ahve 2 females to choose from. Both are equally religious. Equally beautiful to you. You are 6 feet tall. One female is 6'5''. Other is 5'7''. Which one would you choose? No option for choosing both :D
Sure, you pushed me in the corner to chose option 2, but all this never happens. There is always some optimistic decesion you have to take. And these are silly things to care in life.

CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 11:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
Sure, you pushed me in the corner to chose option 2, but all this never happens. There is always some optimistic decesion you have to take. And these are silly things to care in life.
Not really. A muslim should marry to a religious Muslimah to whom he is also physically attracted. I guess many men include height of a female in that "physical attraction" part. So its not "silly" for me. Its like saying "wife's beauty" is silly. Maybe to you. But not to other men.

Raaina
01-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Personally, I like a guy to be taller then me.
I like to feel protected by my man, if he is shorted then me, then I don't feel as protected.

I don't mean to cause offensive to anyone, just my personal view :)

happy
01-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Everyone is different but height shouldn't be problem.For example if this guy has good quality and he is short will you leave him dua to his shortness? same goes for the brothers.All i'm trying to say is that we all have favourite but sometimes we should be more flexible.

Vito
01-10-2010, 03:22 PM
I will take whoever I can get as long as we are compatible. If she resembles "Andre the giant" or if she is able to dunk a basketball without having to jump up, there is a good chance I might pass the offer though. I'm not gonna lie. Astaghfirullah imsad

Somaiyah
01-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

It surely surprises me how so many people can vote they would NOT like to marry a taller / shorter woman / man. Since when did the person's look and height become an important thing in considering whether you can marry a certain person or not? Yes, you might look at a person in the street and prefere the man to be taller, or the woman to be shorter. But firstly in this case we shall lower our gaze, which means we shall not even look at people from the other sex on the street. Then if we consider marriage, who is that shallow that you prefere a person of a special height instead of the knowledge in Islam, the moral, the way of life the person has? It is nothing but ridiculous.

However I voted "I don't care". I can marry a man taller than myself, or shorter than myself. And you can divorce a man taller than yourself, or shorter than yourself, because you chose a person who wasn't good for you. In the end it is about the person's inside and acts, not height.

BanGuLLy
01-10-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm 6'2" and I would not marry someone too short and definitely not someone taller than me.. The Ideal height for a women for me would be 5'6"-5'10" since I stand at 6'2" .. I want to be able to look at her face without bending my neck too much :P

Asiyah3
01-10-2010, 03:59 PM

Edit:

Umm... bro Rashad, doesn't "I don't care" mean the same thing as "I would marry...?"

I chose "I would marry a shorter man". I chose that coz' I meant that I wouldn't refuse a man only because of his height if I love him otherwise.

So I could've as well chosen " I don't care". Yeah, I think I should've that instead :heated:

Vito
01-10-2010, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J Aaliyah

It surely surprises me how so many people can vote they would NOT like to marry a taller / shorter woman / man. Since when did the person's look and height become an important thing in considering whether you can marry a certain person or not? Yes, you might look at a person in the street and prefere the man to be taller, or the woman to be shorter. But firstly in this case we shall lower our gaze, which means we shall not even look at people from the other sex on the street. Then if we consider marriage, who is that shallow that you prefere a person of a special height instead of the knowledge in Islam, the moral, the way of life the person has? It is nothing but ridiculous.
Since forever. Although it shouldn't be important, the reality is that it is to a lot of people. People are bias in many things: looks, height, weight, shoe size, hair, any disabilities, etc. etc. It is hard to come by someone who will take whatever they can get.

For the people out there who are unbiased, my Allah reward them greatly. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

Italianguy
01-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Well....to answer the question directly, I am a 6'2'' (pushing 6'3'') Italian dude (yes i know thats odd for an Italian, usualy we are very short) and i married a 5'2'' (barely) ;D South Indian woman. So i guess we can conclude....I will marry a short woman....very short woman!;D and she can marry a giant;D I am a foot taller than she is;D She has to stand on a stool to help me tie my tie, on my suit. She even needs to step on a stool just to give me a k***.lol........no PDA folks

kamran javed
01-10-2010, 04:40 PM
I would like to marry a relatively taller female on average, but certainly shorter than me.
which people some one taller or some one shorter or smaller they always thanks of GOD coz they have full body moving e.t.c .and they r not a blind ,or more any incomplet body structure. i am 22 year old and now my all hair is distroy and all is fall on my head .but i m thanks to GOD .GOD wishing .so GOD is every thing well and proper
:hmm: don't take tension

Woodrow
01-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Having been married 3 times my wives varied in height. I am about 5'-9" used to be 5'-11" But that is a different topic. My shortest wife was 5'-2" tallest was 6'-3" I never noticed the height of either. So, my choice was I don't care.

★ηαѕιнα★
01-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Salaam,

First of all fun question!:D
Me being a female would NOT like to marry a shorter male. Thought about why I don't want to marry someone shorter. You are right its between the ears. A woman wants someone who can protect her since she wants to start a family. Safety is very important! A shorter male suggests he is not strong and cant defend a woman (and children) in situations where this is neccesary. And women do look for a strong male. Being tall and big is preferable...he doesnt have to be like skyhigh but just taller than me is OK..
Fun question hehe

kamran javed
01-10-2010, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Well....to answer the question directly, I am a 6'2'' (pushing 6'3'') Italian dude (yes i know thats odd for an Italian, usualy we are very short) and i married a 5'2'' (barely) ;D South Indian woman. So i guess we can conclude....I will marry a short woman....very short woman!;D and she can marry a giant;D I am a foot taller than she is;D She has to stand on a stool to help me tie my tie, on my suit. She even needs to step on a stool just to give me a k***.lol........no PDA folks
its well . but u need to think befor marriing . now nothing to do . and now u should to take habit for ur all work and time is going with out any disterbince lol:hiding:

kamran javed
01-10-2010, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Having been married 3 times my wives varied in height. I am about 5'-9" used to be 5'-11" But that is a different topic. My shortest wife was 5'-2" tallest was 6'-3" I never noticed the height of either. So, my choice was I don't care.
ya its well and good decided

Italianguy
01-10-2010, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kamranjaved2004
its well . but u need to think befor marriing . now nothing to do . and now u should to take habit for ur all work and time is going with out any disterbince lol:hiding:
I'm not understanding what you are trying to say?

Raaina
01-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm not understanding what you are trying to say?
I think it must be a riddle ;D

Abdul Qadir
01-10-2010, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kamranjaved2004
someone help me decipher this coding pls...

Güven
01-10-2010, 08:19 PM
I don't care, as long as she loves me. :hmm:

Italianguy
01-10-2010, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Good answer!:D Your a smart dude.

-Elle-
01-10-2010, 08:25 PM
lol your post made me laugh, I have a friend who's kind of in the same situation,she said she liked feeling tiny next to him,haha. Although she was 5'6 ish and he was 6'-4 or something.. mash'Allah

Personally I'd prefer him to be taller than me, no real reason to it. Although, if a man who had all the traits and qualities I searched for, and was an inch shorter than me, then I don't think I'd care.

Generally though, I would prefer him to be taller, so I opted for the fourth option.

Banu_Hashim
01-10-2010, 08:27 PM
I voted, no. I would prefer my future wife to be a little shorter than me! :embarrass

Cabdullahi
01-10-2010, 08:27 PM
for hugging purposes shorter ...so i can squeeze the life out of her ! but tall is also good inshallah

short and plump is perfect :)

Banu_Hashim
01-10-2010, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
lol, are you shopping for fruit by any chance? :p

Cabdullahi
01-10-2010, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
lol, are you shopping for fruit by any chance? :p
That's right sir im looking for a pear and inshallah i'll be rewarded with one

ameen

Banu_Hashim
01-10-2010, 08:40 PM
That's right sir im looking for a pear and inshallah i'll be rewarded with one

ameen
omg, pairs are my favourite too!

Cabdullahi
01-10-2010, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
omg, pairs are my favourite too!
really OMG thats coool !!

the top skinny bottom heavy shape inshallah we will be both rewarded with our pearly pears ameen

Banu_Hashim
01-10-2010, 08:45 PM
really OMG thats coool !!

the top skinny bottom heavy shape inshallah we will be both rewarded with our pearly pears ameen
Ameeeeeeeeen!!!!!

Italianguy
01-10-2010, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
lol your post made me laugh, I have a friend who's kind of in the same situation,she said she liked feeling tiny next to him,haha. Although she was 5'6 ish and he was 6'-4 or something.. mash'Allah

Personally I'd prefer him to be taller than me, no real reason to it. Although, if a man who had all the traits and qualities I searched for, and was an inch shorter than me, then I don't think I'd care.

Generally though, I would prefer him to be taller, so I opted for the fourth option.
lol, my wife likes it she says it gives her a scence of security, (me being so big).:p

I am like twice her size she can hide behind me;D;D

Her younger sisters think i am a giant:D They always jump on me trying to take me down,:D It's fun

Italianguy
01-10-2010, 09:27 PM
for hugging purposes shorter ...so i can squeeze the life out of her ! but tall is also good inshallah

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Short and plump,lol;D

CosmicPathos
01-11-2010, 11:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by J Aaliyah

However I voted "I don't care". I can marry a man taller than myself, or shorter than myself. And you can divorce a man taller than yourself, or shorter than yourself, because you chose a person who wasn't good for you. In the end it is about the person's inside and acts, not height.
walaikum assalam,
You are partially correct. Yes, morals, piety are also important. But Islam also allows us to marry those people to whom we are physically attracted. There is no point in marrying a wife/husband who does not physically attract you. If a person is most religious in the town but he/she ignores his/her health and is quite overweight, is there an obligation to marry that person? ....No offense to people who are overweight but we all have preferences.

★ηαѕιнα★
01-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Thank you brother for getting us back onto the topic...:)

Salaam

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
01-11-2010, 11:35 AM
:sl:

He better be taller, else we'll get 'goblins'!! :hiding:

Caller الداعي
01-11-2010, 11:40 AM
i think naturally in society the man is expected to be taller!!!!!!!!!!

latiffa
01-11-2010, 11:45 AM
I think when somebody love someone, most important it is his or her character, soul, mind and not so important as how he or she look. If a man is shorter than a woman, for many peoples seems to not be so nice. Why? Because the ideea of a nice couple it is, for a very long time, that the man to be more high than the woman. In this way give the feeling to the woman that she is protecting. But, I saw many couples in our days when the man is shorter than the woman, and the high is not important for them because they are happy anyway.
So, for me don,t care. Important to be a good man.

Italianguy
01-11-2010, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by latiffa
I think when somebody love someone, most important it is his or her character, soul, mind and not so important as how he or she look. If a man is shorter than a woman, for many peoples seems to not be so nice. Why? Because the ideea of a nice couple it is, for a very long time, that the man to be more high than the woman. In this way give the feeling to the woman that she is protecting. But, I saw many couples in our days when the man is shorter than the woman, and the high is not important for them because they are happy anyway.
So, for me don,t care. Important to be a good man.
"Latiffa" Like the queen?

WElcome to the forum! I'm sorry i didn't see a new member post from you:D

Cabdullahi
01-11-2010, 08:25 PM
i'll be soon getting my SIA badge which will enable me to work as a door supervisor part-time inshallah

if i can earn 160-200 a week i should be able to provide provided the pear is not a big spender...

★ηαѕιнα★
01-11-2010, 09:42 PM
i'll be soon getting my SIA badge which will enable me to work as a door supervisor part-time inshallah

if i can earn 160-200 a week i should be able to provide provided the pear is not a big spender...
:><: U just lost me there..What u mean? Ur wife doesnt spend that much money? Can I say its rude to call a women a pear?? We are no fruit!!
Its offending seriously..:S

Cabdullahi
01-11-2010, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nasiha21
:><: U just lost me there..What u mean? Ur wife doesnt spend that much money? Can I say its rude to call a women a pear?? We are no fruit!!
Its offending seriously..:S
If i earn around 160 to 200 pounds sterling i should be able to provide for the queen according to my calculation of weekly expenditure

cat eyes
01-11-2010, 09:58 PM
tall husband is good :X

★ηαѕιнα★
01-11-2010, 09:58 PM
"Queen"?? U are acting like ur wife is a burden to you. Thats not OK dude...

Cabdullahi
01-11-2010, 10:03 PM
i said pear

you were not happy

then i said queen

you were still not happy

at least i didn't say

BEAR =

★ηαѕιнα★
01-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Haha thats actually quite funny..would you compare your wife to a nagging bear? Hope she doesnt know about IB, else u would be in a load of trouble brother..no food for you!!:D

★ηαѕιнα★
01-11-2010, 10:13 PM
i said pear

you were not happy

then i said queen

you were still not happy

at least i didn't say

BEAR =

Thats sneaky brother! Gotcha...u deleted "nagging". Im too sharp for you hehe. U gotta get up earlier from bed to manage getting away with that without me noticing that. Thats a saying in dutch dunno whether it exists in English but u know what i mean..

Salaam

Cabdullahi
01-11-2010, 10:18 PM
bring forth your proof...because you see they dont know what ur talking about

★ηαѕιнα★
01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Your annoying dude, thats very smart of you. You just deleted my proof. My proof is with Allah swt :D To bad we cant ask Him swt using words. Im right ur wrong so

★мαячαн★
01-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Salaam,

First of all fun question!:D
Me being a female would NOT like to marry a shorter male. Thought about why I don't want to marry someone shorter. You are right its between the ears. A woman wants someone who can protect her since she wants to start a family. Safety is very important! A shorter male suggests he is not strong and cant defend a woman (and children) in situations where this is neccesary. And women do look for a strong male. Being tall and big is preferable...he doesnt have to be like skyhigh but just taller than me is OK..
Fun question hehe

sisss Nasihaa :) ii soo agree with uu .. like 100% :)
keep it up sisssssss :p:shade:

Güven
01-11-2010, 10:27 PM
He's wants to treat his wife like a Queen, isn't that wonderful?

Raudha
01-11-2010, 10:29 PM
:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:

:salaam:

Snowflake
01-11-2010, 10:33 PM

not sure.. at least a couple/few inches taller and definitely not below 'see' level lol :p

Pssttt sisters!! It can be a pain ironing a tall man's clothes lol :giggling:

Italianguy
01-12-2010, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

not sure.. at least a couple/few inches taller and definitely not below 'see' level lol :p

Pssttt sisters!! It can be a pain ironing a tall man's clothes lol :giggling:
lol, i like that...not below 'see' level...awesome;D

My wife says it is a pain ironing a tall dudes clothes,;D just backin ya up on that one:D

She was trying to wear my shoes to go outside and get zainab....and tripped before she made it to the streetimsad.......well, in my deffense she shouldn't have been trying to wear a USA size 13.5:embarrass

Ummu Sufyaan
01-12-2010, 02:01 AM
i think it would be wise to consider all the persons good/bad traits together before rejecting them based on a height issue.

IslamicRevival
01-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Hahaha. Very funny question

To be blunt and upfront.....I couldn't give a toss about height. Whats in the heart matters the most.

Italianguy
01-12-2010, 02:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Hahaha. Very funny question

To be blunt and upfront.....I couldn't give a toss about height. Whats in the heart matters the most.
Thats the truth:D

heavenlyspot
01-12-2010, 04:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
I like to feel protected by my man, if he is shorted then me, then I don't feel as protected.

I don't mean to cause offensive to anyone, just my personal view :)

I agree with you sister... It's not so much about the way it looks, but rather the feeling. It's nice to feel protected. But then again I can't help feeling slightly guilty since when looking for a spouse, one needs to be picky in terms of religiosity, Islamic knowledge, behaviour and respectability. However Alhamdulilah women are also given the choice to choose/reject until she is completely satisfied wih her choice. And of course the same goes for the male.

Islam is all fair Alhamdulilah.
:wa:

Italianguy
01-12-2010, 05:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by heavenlyspot

I agree with you sister... It's not so much about the way it looks, but rather the feeling. It's nice to feel protected. But then again I can't help feeling slightly guilty since when looking for a spouse, one needs to be picky in terms of religiosity, Islamic knowledge, behaviour and respectability. However Alhamdulilah women are also given the choice to choose/reject until she is completely satisfied wih her choice. And of course the same goes for the male.

Islam is all fair Alhamdulilah.
Hmmmmm....you have the option of opting out:hmm:.....niceeeeeee;D

My family doesn't usually get that option....Islam is looking more inticing every day.....just kidding i am already married. But i did get to choose from a couple (7 to be exact...all at one time) my parents picked........it was so odd;D

Snowflake
01-12-2010, 05:34 AM
lol, i like that...not below 'see' level...awesome;D

My wife says it is a pain ironing a tall dudes clothes,;D just backin ya up on that one:D

She was trying to wear my shoes to go outside and get zainab....and tripped before she made it to the streetimsad.......well, in my deffense she shouldn't have been trying to wear a USA size 13.5:embarrass
lolll awww hope she didn't graze her knees. If I'd seen my hubby fall I'd have been like, ' Did you enjoy your trip :p?' lol ;D

Originally Posted by mystical_moon

I don't mean to cause offensive to anyone, just my personal view

:sl: In terms of feeling protected, sometimes the feeling is what we think/hope we will feel. But it doesn't necessarily happen. I've seen short guys be as equally, if not more protective and macho than their taller counterparts. Tall guys can be scaredy cats too you know.

So it's not the size of his legs that matters, it's how big his heart is that counts. After all that's where he should be hiding you. :p:

Italianguy
01-12-2010, 05:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
lolll awww hope she didn't graze her knees. If I'd seen my hubby fall I'd have been like, ' Did you enjoy your trip :p?' lol ;D

:sl: In terms of feeling protected, sometimes the feeling is what we think/hope we will feel. But it doesn't necessarily happen. I've seen short guys be as equally, if not more protective and macho than their taller counterparts. Tall guys can be scaredy cats too you know.

So it's not the size of his legs that matters, it's how big his heart is that counts. After all that's where he should be hiding you. :p:
lol, she didn't get hurt.

Tall guys be scaredy cats......idk about that....but ....my wife says i am just a big teddy bear(or something like that? :hmm: she says it in Tamil....i'm lost as usuall)

heavenlyspot
01-12-2010, 05:59 AM

My family doesn't usually get that option....Islam is looking more inticing every day.....just kidding i am already married. But i did get to choose from a couple (7 to be exact...all at one time) my parents picked........it was so odd;D
Well Intalianguy it's not necessarily opting someone out... it's just exercising a choice. And as I've said, Islam gives men the choice as well to do the exact same. Honestly- I know people (men and women) who spend ages looking for the right person.

Italianguy
01-12-2010, 06:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by heavenlyspot
Well Intalianguy it's not necessarily opting someone out... it's just exercising a choice. And as I've said, Islam gives men the choice as well to do the exact same. Honestly- I know people (men and women) who spend ages looking for the right person.
Your right. I understand what you were saying. ...Just seeing the humor in it i guess:D

syilla
01-12-2010, 07:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
I'm not going to believe you :exhausted

and back to the topic.

I'm already married so i don't have to answer this :hmm:

★ηαѕιнα★
01-12-2010, 12:02 PM

Seriously your parents chose for you?? I dont feel much for my parents picking out someone for me. I have to marry him not they...
Dunno dont feel much about..I have a personal question for you, you dont have to answer it if you dont want to..NO hard feelings hehe

But were you happy with your parents choice?? Seriously I would be scared to death, its a big descicion and you supposed to stay with that person your whole life....maybe I should start a thread about this very interesting topic...

Salaam

Italianguy
01-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Seriously your parents chose for you?? I dont feel much for my parents picking out someone for me. I have to marry him not they...
Dunno dont feel much about..I have a personal question for you, you dont have to answer it if you dont want to..NO hard feelings hehe

But were you happy with your parents choice?? Seriously I would be scared to death, its a big descicion and you supposed to stay with that person your whole life....maybe I should start a thread about this very interesting topic...

Salaam
Mine is a long story...but....I didn't accept any of there choices. Don't get me wrong my parents have really good taste, they were all beautiful, but some were to young. when they were trying to set me up some of the women were extremely young! i was late 20's and they were teens.....but I ended up finding my own wife (the south Indian woman, that i always speak of) and thats a whole new Bollywood movie;D.....I did it the right way though and had my brother go talk to her dad first and then the long story begins....trust me it didn't go well at all at firstimsad........I mean thats not all that hard to see, I am Italian she's Indian, my Indian and Pakistani buddies here would understand why:p

Oh yeah and i am 30 my wife just tyrned 23:D

I will explain more if needed?

★ηαѕιнα★
01-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Yeah know now why your screenname is Italianguy..Do you live in Italy?
And did you had to do the whole Bollywood thing like the indian clothes and the dancing before her house and the powder and stuff? Or is that just a moviething.
My parents would never accept if I married someone outside my race, im morrocan by the way. Personnaly im open for it, dont matter which type of people what matters is whats inside. And you could marry the most beautiful woman in the world but she could give you the most miserable life anyone has had. Beauty doesnt say anything seriously.
Think you should look beyond apperiences, only the theight is important, very bad of me but he seriously has to be taller..:D

islamlover_girl
01-12-2010, 05:50 PM
I voted I don`t care,Good religion and personality make the women love her husband as he is ,whatever his tall or looking.

Cabdullahi
01-12-2010, 05:55 PM
And did you had to do the whole Bollywood thing like the indian clothes and the dancing before her house and the powder and stuff? Or is that just a moviething.
My parents would never accept if I married someone outside my race, im morrocan by the way. Personnaly im open for it, dont matter which type of people what matters is whats inside. And you could marry the most beautiful woman in the world but she could give you the most miserable life anyone has had. Beauty doesnt say anything seriously.
Think you should look beyond apperiences, only the theight is important, very bad of me but he seriously has to be taller..:D
Classic example of Bi-polar activity

★ηαѕιнα★
01-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Thats why i said for ME theres an exception, doesnt mean every1 her should agree with me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion last time i checked..thats the way I look at the subject. And what u mean by Bipolar activity, just say its contradicting and be done with it Sir Joke a Less should be your name. HA! :P

Italianguy
01-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Hehehe....wait:hmm:...why do you think my name is Italianguy?;D

I did get married in a Sherwani, she wore a saree. No we didn't have the powder or anything (thats a Hindu thing:skeleton:) We did do the dancing thing though(well...I...did;D) I,.. as a joke with some of my friends did a song from the movie "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" I actually did the singing;D and dancing;D;D In Hindi and some Tamil. It was a blast and everyone was entertained to say the least:D. I also play the "Dhol" (a drum) so i and a couple of her cousins played some instruments...it was nice.

I agree it's what's inside that counts first and foremost! .......But i still got to marry the most beautiful woman in the world!:D:DInside and out.

And my wife is a little over a foot shorter than me;D She said the same thing, "A man must be taller".

Oh I almost forgot. No I don't live in Italy, I live in Virginia USA

★мαячαн★
01-12-2010, 09:03 PM
lol what a movie too dance too :D classic thoo i'll give uu thattt :P no onee cann not likee itt :)

Italianguy
01-12-2010, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★мαячαн★
lol what a movie too dance too :D classic thoo i'll give uu thattt :P no onee cann not likee itt :)
It is an awesome movie;D seen it like 20 times:D

★ηαѕιнα★
01-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Hehehe....wait:hmm:...why do you think my name is Italianguy?;D

I did get married in a Sherwani, she wore a saree. No we didn't have the powder or anything (thats a Hindu thing:skeleton:) We did do the dancing thing though(well...I...did;D) I,.. as a joke with some of my friends did a song from the movie "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" I actually did the singing;D and dancing;D;D In Hindi and some Tamil. It was a blast and everyone was entertained to say the least:D. I also play the "Dhol" (a drum) so i and a couple of her cousins played some instruments...it was nice.

I agree it's what's inside that counts first and foremost! .......But i still got to marry the most beautiful woman in the world!:D:DInside and out.

And my wife is a little over a foot shorter than me;D She said the same thing, "A man must be taller".

Oh I almost forgot. No I don't live in Italy, I live in Virginia USA
Ok haha very interesting...and i was curious to know, how do you handle the cultural differences?? Dont u like bump into some stuff that causes some sort of conflict..And are you both christians or is she Hindi? Thats the only thing i worry about if i am gonna marry someone non-morrocan. Cultural differences and language..
Thanks for sharing your story by the way! :)

Somaiyah
01-12-2010, 09:44 PM
walaikum assalam,
You are partially correct. Yes, morals, piety are also important. But Islam also allows us to marry those people to whom we are physically attracted. There is no point in marrying a wife/husband who does not physically attract you. If a person is most religious in the town but he/she ignores his/her health and is quite overweight, is there an obligation to marry that person? ....No offense to people who are overweight but we all have preferences.
Assalamu alaykum,

The attraction is very important, yes. But at the same time choosing between one who is a good person and a good Muslim but who might not attract you, and someone who is not a good person and not a good Muslim but who attracts you, who is the best to choose? So what I'm telling is not that attraction is not important, it is very important indeed, but with shallowness we come nowhere.

The Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, says:
“A woman may be married for four things: her wealth, her lineage, her beauty and her commitment to religion. Choose the one who is religious, may your hands be rubbed with dust [i.e., may you prosper]!"

Italianguy
01-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Ok haha very interesting...and i was curious to know, how do you handle the cultural differences?? Dont u like bump into some stuff that causes some sort of conflict..And are you both christians or is she Hindi? Thats the only thing i worry about if i am gonna marry someone non-morrocan. Cultural differences and language..
Thanks for sharing your story by the way! :)
There are many cultural differences...BUT, Italian culture and Indian culture are somewhat similar. No she is not Hindu, she and her family are all Christians. It's a long story, in the begining it was hard for both of us but now....it's better. Language wise, she speaks Tamil(mainly) she is from Tamilnadu, then Hindi and Urdu. And i speak Italian and some Tamil and Hindi:D We love each other and for most Indians being a Hindu is part of there culture,, but it's different if their Christian.But as far as aranged marriages and other cultural differences it stil stays the same.

I don't mind sharing anything:D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-12-2010, 11:28 PM
:w:

A lot of people are implying that we ought to look at religion only or that it ought to be the first thing inquired about - but in reality that probably isn't the proper way or smartest way to go about things. Imaam Ahmad (rahimullah) said:

قال الإمام أحمد: «إذا خطب رَجُلٌ امرأة، سأل عن جَمَالها أوّلاً. فإن حُمِدَ، سأل عن دِينِها. فإن حُمِدَ، تَزوّج. وإن لم يُحْمَدَ، يكون رَدَّهُ لأجْلِ الدِّين. ولا يَسألُ أوّلاً عن الدِّين، فإن حُمِدَ سأل عن الجمال، فإن لم يُحمَد، ردّها. فيكون ردَّه للجمال لا للدِّين»

“If a man proposes to a woman, let him ask about her beauty first. If it is praiseworthy, let him ask about her religion, if that is praiseworthy, let him marry. If it (meaning: religion) isn’t praiseworthy, his rejection will be on accounts of religion. Don’t let him ask about religion first, if it is praiseworthy he will ask about beauty and if that (meaning: beauty) isn’t praiseworthy then he will reject her, and his rejection will be due to beauty not religion.”

Very practical advice from someone who understands the nature of people. It basically means that we ought to leave religion as the thing that we look into after beauty - religion should be that which either makes or breaks the decision to marry after everything else, i.e. make it the deciding factor. Because then the decision to marry or not will be based on the person's practice of the religion, not their looks. So in lights of that, there's nothing wrong with rejecting someone if you feel their height is not attractive to you. A lot of people are say that as long as the religion of the person is good, I'll marry so and so, but attraction, compatibility and mutual connection are just as important as religion. Allaah knows best.

Cabdullahi
01-12-2010, 11:34 PM
^ jazakallah !

★ηαѕιнα★
01-13-2010, 11:53 AM
May I say I do NOT agree with what you just said brother Muraad. First of all you marry for Allah swt, when you marry someone you seek His contentment. That means you are not just supposed to marry a woman for her beauty, that means you marry her for yourself and not for Allah swt. I do not agree when you stated that when a woman is religous and isnt beautiful you should reject her because of that. You could get loads of hasanaat for marrying her. The Prophet sws had wives he married for their character. I think the character also defines a womans beauty. IT shoudnt be all about the package, the surprise is inside.

And Sir joke a lot please stay out of this one. Im tryna be serious here! :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-13-2010, 05:45 PM
May I say I do NOT agree with what you just said brother Muraad. First of all you marry for Allah swt, when you marry someone you seek His contentment. That means you are not just supposed to marry a woman for her beauty, that means you marry her for yourself and not for Allah swt. I do not agree when you stated that when a woman is religous and isnt beautiful you should reject her because of that. You could get loads of hasanaat for marrying her. The Prophet sws had wives he married for their character. I think the character also defines a womans beauty. IT shoudnt be all about the package, the surprise is inside.

I think you misunderstood Sr. Nasiha. I wasn't saying we should marry just for beauty, but beauty should be (and undoubtedly is) a part of your decision. Marrying for Allaah is the intention, not the application, regardless of who you marry your intention is to please Allaah, to complete the sunnah of His Messenger, to stay chaste, and at the same time to enjoy what Allaah has made halaal etc. These are all matters of the heart. The Hadeeth does state that one of the four reasons a woman is married is for her beauty after all.

Imaam Ahmad's genius advice was based on human insight and in regards to practical application. A lot of people will say things like, "I don't care if he/she's not pretty/attractive (beauty is subjective of course), I'll marry her/him if he/she's super pious", but the reality is different, most people will consider attraction and beauty in marriage and there is nothing wrong with that because it is human nature. What is wrong is when beauty becomes the deciding factor, not religion and this is exactly Imaam Ahmad's point. Make your decision to marry someone based on their religion, not beauty and at the same time there's nothing wrong with saying no to someone because you're not attracted to them, because one of the purposes of marriage is to protect you from fitnah and if you're going to be in the same fitnah after marriage because you're not attracted to your spouse then what was the point of marrying him/her in the first place? You can think of attraction/beauty as the prerequisite and piety/religion as the core requisite. Allaah knows best.

Güven
01-13-2010, 05:48 PM
btw this thread is not about being ugly or beautiful.

Its about being taller or shorter. ( both can be beautiful...or ugly)

Raudha
01-13-2010, 06:01 PM
^Nothing and nobody is "ugly" :heated:

:peace: :peace: :peace:

"So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators" (Al-Mu'minoon - 14)

Snowflake
01-13-2010, 06:13 PM

:sl: Sis,

Islam doesn't require we marry for the person's religiousness alone. The religiousness must be there in addition to what we find attractive. You can marry a person you find attractive for the sake of Allah too. Furthermore, we must remember that if people are religious they are so for their own benefit not anyone else's. A person can be strict in the salah and religious duties but that doesn't mean they will treat their spouse better, or that their love for them will be strong. They might only treat them well. Yet, it's undeniable that if we find someone attractive on a physical level, our feelings for them will also be deeper on a mental level. The mind and body work with each other, not separate from each other. :)

cat eyes
01-13-2010, 06:29 PM
i think depending on the persons looks has been taken to extremes amongest muslims when in reality a girl is really attracted to the guys heart and personality and thats really all that matters. all a girl really wants is to be treated like a queen and looks dose not come in to that. a guy who has good looks could be as ignorant as hell. ive always believed that the beauty of the heart shines through on a persons face and i have seen it! in how they behave with others etc is highly attractive and you somehow see passed what they look like. amazing how Allah has created each and every one of us.

Snowflake
01-13-2010, 07:26 PM
=cat eyes;1276291]i think depending on the persons looks has been taken to extremes amongest muslims when in reality a girl is really attracted to the guys heart and personality and thats really all that matters.
:sl: I don't think taking looks into consideration is being extreme. After all Allah made people different for a reason. If looks weren't important we all could've been created like clones and had different hearts. Allah loves beauty. He created His beloved Prophet (saw) beautiful. Aisha (ra) had striking beauty. Allah created her for the prophet (pbuh). :) Then why can't we enjoy physical appearences?

all a girl really wants is to be treated like a queen and looks dose not come in to that.
But she wants to treat her husband like a prince too. It's easier if he doesn't look like a frog. You cannot be serious when you say looks don't matter. To some degree they do.

a guy who has good looks could be as ignorant as hell. ive always believed that the beauty of the heart shines through on a persons face and i have seen it! in how they behave with others etc is highly attractive and you somehow see passed what they look like. amazing how Allah has created each and every one of us.
It's true inner beauty does shine through, but the 'window' also has to be in good condition to let maximum light out lol. ;D

cat eyes
01-13-2010, 07:39 PM
i think you are not understanding me it has been taking to extremes because guys believe that his looks is all a muslimah wants when in reality thats not true at all. it might not be extreme to u but it is to me when people start to get insecurity issues about themselves and don't want to approach another muslimah for marriage, i don't like to think anybody as being ugly or calling people frog looking either. i am talking about being shallow. i didn't say anything about attraction not being apart of looking for a spouse. being attracted and then being overly shallow are two different things

★ηαѕιнα★
01-13-2010, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i think depending on the persons looks has been taken to extremes amongest muslims when in reality a girl is really attracted to the guys heart and personality and thats really all that matters. all a girl really wants is to be treated like a queen and looks dose not come in to that. a guy who has good looks could be as ignorant as hell. ive always believed that the beauty of the heart shines through on a persons face and i have seen it! in how they behave with others etc is highly attractive and you somehow see passed what they look like. amazing how Allah has created each and every one of us.

Thank you!! I totally agree with you:)

★ηαѕιнα★
01-13-2010, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i think you are not understanding me it has been taking to extremes because guys believe that his looks is all a muslimah wants when in reality thats not true at all. it might not be extreme to u but it is to me when people start to get insecurity issues about themselves and don't want to approach another muslimah for marriage, i don't like to think anybody as being ugly or calling people frog looking either. i am talking about being shallow. i didn't say anything about attraction not being apart of looking for a spouse. being attracted and then being overly shallow are two different things
And thank you again! I TOTALLY agree with you on this one as well!!:D

abu_musab461
01-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Like i told my wife "I wouldnt marry anyone taller (except if they were drop dead gorgous)"

Needless to say that earned me a punch in the arm. (Ouch it hurt was well)

IbnAbdulHakim
01-13-2010, 11:06 PM
i cant imagine feeling affection for someone taller because i'd always feel like they are my senior.. kinda like my elder.. like someone who i expect to tell me off and stuff.

i cant explain it but i'll always feel like she has authority over me

its weird but its veeery easy to like tiny people... it comes natural?

thats me anyway, may Allah forgive me for any diseases i may have in my heart and cure them.

Ameen

abu_musab461
01-13-2010, 11:09 PM
ameen.

i used to feel the same about marrying someone older.... but its not the case.

i know plenty of people who are married to women older than then but it doesnt change the fact they are the boss and in charge hehe

Cabdullahi
01-13-2010, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i cant imagine feeling affection for someone taller because i'd always feel like they are my senior.. kinda like my elder.. like someone who i expect to tell me off and stuff.

i cant explain it but i'll always feel like she has authority over me

its weird but its veeery easy to like tiny people... it comes natural?

thats me anyway, may Allah forgive me for any diseases i may have in my heart and cure them.

Ameen
Ameen

im same as well the shorter the better

otherwise ->

http://i47.tinypic.com/10ft2tc.jpg

You'll be on lock down like this poor guy!

abu_musab461
01-13-2010, 11:43 PM
YIKES!! gulp!

Snowflake
01-14-2010, 06:35 AM
cat eyes;1276341]i think you are not understanding me it has been taking to extremes because guys believe that his looks is all a muslimah wants when in reality thats not true at all. it might not be extreme to u but it is to me when people start to get insecurity issues about themselves and don't want to approach another muslimah for marriage,
:sl: I think men are more worried about being able to provide for a woman, than they are about their looks - unless there's been a role reversal than I hadn't noticed.

i don't like to think anybody as being ugly or calling people frog looking either.
Oh dear sis.. You take things too literally. It's a phrase/example@Frog Vs Prince. I never make fun of anyone's looks or call people names. However, I disagree about people not being ugly. There are people who are ugly. Allah has created things/people/animals which aren't beautiful, and there is divine wisdom in why He created how He did. Allah Himself dislikes the sound of a donkey's voice.

“O my son, do not turn your face away [out of pride], nor walk insolently in the earth, as indeed Allah does not like every type of vain boaster. But be measured in your gait and lower your voice, as indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is that of a donkey braying.” (31:18-19)

Other translations:
Yusuf Ali - "And be moderate in thy pace, and lower thy voice; for the harshest of sounds without doubt is the braying of the ass."
Pickthal - Be modest in thy bearing and subdue thy voice. Lo! the harshest of all voices is the voice of the ass.
Arberry- Be modest in thy walk, and lower thy voice; the most hideous of voices is the ass's.'
Maulana Ali - And pursue the right curse in thy going about and lower thy voice. Surely the most hateful of voices is braying of asses.

Therefore it isn't wrong to say that everything Allah created isn't beautiful, but we say everything is created by Allah. What is prohibited is making fun of those we think aren't beautiful or have some flaw, out of respect of their being Allah's creation.

i am talking about being shallow. i didn't say anything about attraction not being apart of looking for a spouse. being attracted and then being overly shallow are two different things
Yup, looking at your earlier post, you said a 'good-looking guy can be ignorant as hell'. Well of course that is true. Personally to me the ugliest people are not those who lack good looks but who disobey Allah in secret and show a different face to the world. Now that is ugly.

Beardo
01-14-2010, 06:44 AM
There was a Sahabi who wasn't exactly beautiful.... Named Julaybib.

His name was unusual and incomplete. Julaybib means, “small grown”. It is the diminutive form of the word “Jalbab”. The name is an indication that Julaybib was small and short. More than that, he is described as being “damam” which means ugly, deformed, or of repulsive appearance. Even more disturbing, for the society in which he lived, Julaybib’s lineage was not known. There is no record of who his mother and father were, or to what tribe he belonged. This was considered a serious disability in his society. Julaybib (RA) could not expect any compassion, protection, or support from a society that placed a great deal of importance on family and tribal connections. In this regard, all that was known of him was that he was an Arab and that, as far as the new community of Islam was concerned, he was one of the Ansar. He was shunned in his society. As an example, Abu Barzah, of the Aslam tribe, prohibited him from entering his home, and he told his wife:

“Do not let Julaybib (RA) enter among you. If he does, I shall certainly do something terrible to him.”

Was there any hope for Julaybib (RA) to be treated with respect and consideration? Was there any hope for him to find emotional satisfaction as an individual and as a man? Was there any hope for him to enjoy the relationships that others take for granted? And in the new society emerging under the guidance of the Prophet (SAW), was he so insignificant as to be overlooked in the preoccupation with the great affairs of state and in the supreme issues of life and survival which constantly engaged the attention of the Prophet (SAW)? Just as he was aware of the great issues of life and destiny, the Prophet (SAW), who is mercy for all humanity, was also aware of the needs and feelings of his most humble companions.

With Julaybib (RA) in mind, the Prophet (SAW) went to one of the Ansar and said: I want to have your daughter married.

“How wonderful and blessed, O Messenger of Allah, and what a delight to the eye (this would be),” replied the Ansari man with obvious joy and happiness.

I do not want her for myself, added the Prophet (SAW).

“Then for whom, O Messenger of Allah?” asked the man, obviously somewhat let down.

The Ansari must have been too shocked to give his own reaction so he replied: “I will consult with her mother.”

And off he went to his wife. “The Messenger of Allah (SAW) wants to have your daughter married”, he told his wife.

She was thrilled. “What a wonderful idea and what a delight to the eye (this would be),” she said.

“He does not want to marry her himself, but he wants to marry her to Julaybib (RA),” he added.

She was flabbergasted! “To Julaybib (RA)? No, never to Julaybib (RA)! No, by the Living Allah, we shall not marry (her) to him.” she protested. As the Ansari was about to return to the Prophet (SAW) to inform him of what his wife had said, the daughter, who had heard her mother’s protestations, asked: “Who has asked to marry me?”

Her mother told her of the Prophet’ (SAW)s request to marry her to Julaybib (RA).When she heard that the request had come from the Prophet (SAW), and that her mother was absolutely opposed to the idea, she was greatly perturbed and said: “Do you refuse the request of the Messenger of Allah Ta’ala? Send me to him, for he shall certainly not bring ruin to me.”

This was the reply of a truly great person who had a clear understanding of what was required of her as a Muslim. What greater satisfaction and fulfillment can a Muslim find than in responding willingly to the requests and commands of the Messenger of Allah Ta’ala! Truly, this companion of the Prophet (SAW), even though we do not know her name, set an example for all of us to obey the Quranic command:

Whenever Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, it is not for a believing man or woman to claim freedom of choice in so far as this matter is concerned. And he who disobeys Allah and His Messenger has, most obviously, gone astray. [Al-Ahzab 33:36]

This was revealed in connection with the marriage of Zaynab bint Jahsh and Zayd bin Harithah, which was arranged by the Prophet (SAW) to show the egalitarian spirit of Islam. Zaynab (RA), at first, was highly offended at the thought of marrying Zayd (RA), a former slave, and refused to marry him. The Prophet (SAW) prevailed upon them both and they were married. The marriage however ended in divorce and Zaynab was eventually married to the Prophet (SAW) himself.

It is said that the Ansari girl read the verse to her parents and said: “I am satisfied, and submit myself to whatever Allah’s Messenger (SAW) deems good for me.”

The Prophet (SAW) heard of her reaction and prayed for her: `O Lord, bestow good on her in abundance and make not her life one of toil and trouble.’

It is said that among the Ansar, there was not a more eligible bride than her. She was married by the Prophet (SAW) to Julaybib (RA), and they lived together until he was killed. He went on an expedition with the Prophet (SAW), and an encounter with some mushrikin ensued. When the battle was over, the Prophet (SAW) asked his companions: Have you lost anyone? They named their relatives or close friends who were killed. Another group answered that they had lost no close relative whereupon the Prophet said: But I have lost Julaybib (RA). Search for him in the battlefield.

They searched and found him beside seven mushrikin whom he had struck before meeting his end. The Prophet stood up and went to the spot where Julaybib ,his short and deformed companion, lay. The Prophet of Allah stood over him and said: He killed seven and then was killed? This man is of me and I am of him. He repeated this two or three times. The Prophet then took him in his arms and it is said that he had no better bed besides the forearms of the Messenger of Allah.

The Prophet then dug for him a grave, and himself placed him in it. The Prophet of Allah (SAW) did not wash him, for the one slain in the Way of Allah is not washed before burial. Julaybib (RA) and his wife are not among the companions of the Prophet whose deeds of obedience and valor are well known. The little that is known about them demonstrates how the meek and the humble were given hope and dignity by the Prophet (SAW) – where once there was only despair and self-debasement.

The attitude of the unknown and unnamed Ansari girl, who readily agreed to be the wife of a physically unattractive man, reflected a profound understanding of Islam. It reflected the effacement of personal desires and preferences, even when she could have counted on the support of her parents. It reflected a total disregard for social norms and pressures. It reflected, above all, a ready and unshakable confidence in the wisdom and authority of the Prophet in submitting herself to whatever he deemed good. This is indeed the attitude of the true believer.

In Julaybib (RA) there is the example of a person who was regarded as a social outcast because of his mere appearance. Given confidence by his faith in Allah, the Glorious, and encouragement by the noble Prophet (SAW), he was able to perform great acts of courage and was blessed by the most virtuous death a believer could ever hope for – death fighting in the Way of Allah, the Supreme. This led to the commendation which should be the desire of every believer: the commendation of the Prophet of Allah (SAW) : He is of me, and I am of him.
http://www.haqislam.org/julaybib/

Ummu Sufyaan
01-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Ameen

otherwise ->

is her height linked to some kind of medical problem :?

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
01-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Ameen

otherwise ->

:eek:OMGosh!! :giggling:

Cabdullahi
01-14-2010, 10:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
is her height linked to some kind of medical problem :?
Sister she suffers from a rare condition called gigantism here is a video i found for you about her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdGGLwNmAT8

★ηαѕιнα★
01-14-2010, 10:57 AM
See thats what i mean, good example by the way Abdullahi. When you marry someone shorter it feels like you marry a child seriously. When you hug him he will come up to your neck, thats not right. When I want to hug a child ill go to my aunts house, enough children there. You dont wanna marry a man feeling like hes a child, seems wrong or sick even. Nah I dont want none of that seriously. No short dudes for me..

Cabdullahi
01-14-2010, 11:02 AM
See thats what i mean, good example by the way Abdullahi. When you marry someone shorter it feels like you marry a child seriously. When you hug him he will come up to your neck, thats not right. When I want to hug a child ill go to my aunts house, enough children there. You dont wanna marry a man feeling like hes a child, seems wrong or sick even. Nah I dont want none of that seriously. No short dudes for me..
What about a tall man that looks younger than his age

for example 6 ft 2 , 20 years of age but looks about 17-18

★ηαѕιнα★
01-14-2010, 11:15 AM
At least hes mature, 17 or 18 is a good age. The being tall thing creates the idea hes older. But i guess for me he has to be older in his head as well. A man has to be a man, can have some childisch stuff in his carachter i think thats fun. But he doesnt have to be ALL childish. Means he doesnt handle his responsibilities very well. Interesting question..question answered or need more explenation?? Must say havent thought of this side of the story..

★ηαѕιнα★
01-14-2010, 11:49 AM
There are many cultural differences...BUT, Italian culture and Indian culture are somewhat similar. No she is not Hindu, she and her family are all Christians. It's a long story, in the begining it was hard for both of us but now....it's better. Language wise, she speaks Tamil(mainly) she is from Tamilnadu, then Hindi and Urdu. And i speak Italian and some Tamil and Hindi:D We love each other and for most Indians being a Hindu is part of there culture,, but it's different if their Christian.But as far as aranged marriages and other cultural differences it stil stays the same.

I don't mind sharing anything:D
So what your saying is when you have the same religion and speak one common language it should be alright?? Hmm interesting...and what about kids..do you have kids? My uncle married a dutch converted woman so my cousins are half morrocan and half dutch. I see they are kinda in the middle because of this. The morrocan side sees them as dutch kids. But they are not the typical dutch kind with the blue eyes and blond hair. From the outside they look morrocan but they talk and act like dutch kids. Could be an identityproblem is what i think...Have you noticed this with your kids (if have any that is)?? U know like their constantly in between or something.
After this ill leave you alona haha

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 02:48 PM
So what your saying is when you have the same religion and speak one common language it should be alright?? Hmm interesting...and what about kids..do you have kids? My uncle married a dutch converted woman so my cousins are half morrocan and half dutch. I see they are kinda in the middle because of this. The morrocan side sees them as dutch kids. But they are not the typical dutch kind with the blue eyes and blond hair. From the outside they look morrocan but they talk and act like dutch kids. Could be an identityproblem is what i think...Have you noticed this with your kids (if have any that is)?? U know like their constantly in between or something.
You don't have to leave me alone. I don't mind answering any question from anybody:D

I only have one child as of yet. Actually my son thinks he is Indian;D He is actually not at all.....let me explain........I was married once before, to a Greek woman.....nuf said:heated: GREEKSSS!

Anyway, we had a son, only after he was born a year after we got arranged, .....she walked out on me and said she had been seeing someone else. She has been with the other dude ever since and they have had children.....out of wedlock!!!+o(:skeleton:

Any way my son looks more like a north Indian and or a Turk or something. He is Italian, Greek mix so black hair, brown eyes and fairly dark skin. He speaks only English fluently but knows some phrases in Italian, Greek, and Tamil.

hope that helps?:D

★ηαѕιнα★
01-14-2010, 08:39 PM
How old is he?? Might I add you seem very happy? Havent met any married people that are actually happy. Thats the scary thing I find about marriage. Dont wanna end up being miserable haha. When did you get married? Do your wife and your kid get along?
You have a scary avatar by the way, the bloody crucifix...can't you find a happier one??
:D This is too funny..LOL

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 08:53 PM
How old is he?? Might I add you seem very happy? Havent met any married people that are actually happy. Thats the scary thing I find about marriage. Dont wanna end up being miserable haha. When did you get married? Do your wife and your kid get along?
You have a scary avatar by the way, the bloody crucifix...can't you find a happier one??
:D This is too funny..LOL
My son is 7:D I am very happily married:D I couldn't have chosen a better woman. Don't be afraid of marriage just make sure you choose the right person. I didn't the first time, but I had little choice in the matterimsad. You won't end up miserable:D Marriage isn't easy all the time, but we work through everything and COMMUNICATE allot, that was a big problem fro me at first because i keep everything inside and don't tell anybody my feelings......including her sometimes:embarrass.....I always come off as the happiest person in the world:D:D My wife and kid get along awesome! She treats him as if he is her own child.....they get along better than i get allong with him......She is AWESOME with children:D Everything he asks for he goes to her first;D

I will work on the avatar;D And find a more pleasing one.

God be with you.

never be afriad to ask "ITALIANGUYYYYYYY" questions anybody.:D

Ummu Sufyaan
01-15-2010, 01:45 AM
i dont think that's due to the intercultural marriage...i think it boils down to how the couple handles it. does it matter what other people think? as long as the parents love their kids, it shouldn't matter what others think.

EDIT: interesting video....barakallahu feek akhee abdullahi

Italianguy
01-15-2010, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed

i dont think that's due to the intercultural marriage...i think it boils down to how the couple handles it. does it matter what other people think? as long as the parents love their kids, it shouldn't matter what others think.
It's easy to handle...we don't care what other people think of it. It shouldn't be a big concern:hmm: Her family had some isssues with it at first,.....but now is ok. Others give us looks, allllllllll the time. It si not the most common match up if you know what i mean.....we just have to deal with it.imsad

★ηαѕιнα★
01-15-2010, 03:08 PM
It's easy to handle...we don't care what other people think of it. It shouldn't be a big concern:hmm: Her family had some isssues with it at first,.....but now is ok. Others give us looks, allllllllll the time. It si not the most common match up if you know what i mean.....we just have to deal with it.imsad
Your happy and your family is happy thats what matters :D
Those people could give you looks but wanna bet they arent as happy as you?
Yeah I had another question about something else. How come your down to earth like this? You are american and see lots of stuff about muslims and extremism and stuff on the TV. How come you didnt ran away screaming from IB but are here talking to us?? Shouldnt you find us scary or anything or be having misconceptions or so like most Americans? Not to be rude or anything but am kinda surprised haha LOL;D

S<Chowdhury
01-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Call me a bit old fashioned though im only 18 lol, but shouldnt it be more about the personality and love rather than about physical appearance. Mind you Im 6ft soo it'd look a bit weird if my spouse is realli short but then again if i loved i realli couldnt giv a ****, but thats my opinion

Minniiee..Mee..
01-15-2010, 08:24 PM
A/Aleykum
True i agree with you. I wouldn't really care how tall or short my spouse is as long as i love them care 4 them and lyk who they are thats it for me lol

Italianguy
01-15-2010, 08:35 PM
:phew
Your happy and your family is happy thats what matters :D
Those people could give you looks but wanna bet they arent as happy as you?
Yeah I had another question about something else. How come your down to earth like this? You are american and see lots of stuff about muslims and extremism and stuff on the TV. How come you didnt ran away screaming from IB but are here talking to us?? Shouldnt you find us scary or anything or be having misconceptions or so like most Americans? Not to be rude or anything but am kinda surprised haha LOL;D
They arent i am sure, or their just happy being prejudice and meager?

Down to earth? Who said i was on earth?.....I live in Virginia....seperated from earth;D Just kiddin around.;D

I am too cultured by my family and my wifes family. I see what really happens and know that most of the crap on tv is just for ratings.

Run away screaming?? Why? I like all of you here. Plus the only thing i run from screaming is.......spiders+o( I hate spiders:phew

I have been around or know too many from every race, color, creed, nationality and religion. I like everybody equally, i have been around more good Mulims than any bad....in fact....i have never met a bad Muslim to run from?:hmm: Only what i seee on tv and it's usually lies anywayimsad Plus a couple of Muslim dudes i am friends with told me (in a joking manner:D) "if we see you getting on the plane...We're getting off! mafia boy"lol They always joke on me and say i am the scary one?;D

And for your last question....I was raised in "Ahmed_eee_ka" (as my grandparents would say) but born Italian and raised with Italian beliefs and discipline:raging: I was told "Ahmedeeekans have no culture, don't fall into their trap of so called freedom" No offense fellow Ahmedeekans! They just never understood ahmedeekans? I guess. We grew up around every type of immagrant you could name....so i didn't have much exposurer to the "Typical American" you know? Only now living in the "deep south" of Ahmedeeka do i really get to meet "others" I feel like an alien sometimes:skeleton:

Salahudeen
01-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Height doesn't matter to me but I know women don't like men who are shorter than them.

Taqiyah
01-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Salaam,
Ok I am really tall for a female( or so I believe 5'8'':D) and never pictured myself with a shorter guy. But Alhamdulilah I am not worried about that anymore coz Allah already gave me who I was looking for exactly:D
P.s. No offense to any1 and I am not shallow:shade:

The Ruler
01-23-2010, 05:46 PM
The last option; I don't want oompa loompa kids.

Somaiyah
01-23-2010, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
Height doesn't matter to me but I know women don't like men who are shorter than them.
Lol don't say "women" since we are all different.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.