/* */

PDA

View Full Version : school prayer room help?

tango92
01-12-2010, 10:25 PM
assalam u alaykum

in my school Alhamdullilah we have managed to gain permission to use one of the classrooms as a prayer room whenever its not in use (eg lunch).

there are several pictures on the walls which have cartoon images of living things. thank Allah they are not in the direction of the kabba so we dont face them.

its unlikely the staff will allow us to take them down. there is a mosque about 9mins away (that means 9 mins there and 9 back) but if we cant use the room then many prayers will be missed. is our prayer still permissible in this room?

jazakAllah for you help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum
MashaAllaah bro good to hear another Muslim who wants to stand infront of his Lord Alhamdulilah..
To Your question, yes your prayer is permissable..atleast you made the effort to not missing your prayers, i dont see no problem bro.
Insha`Allaah there will be more inputs by the brothers and sisters, they will know moree than me Indeed :)
wa alaykum salaam.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Ps. Lol at your Signature LOL *Runs away*

tango92
01-14-2010, 09:17 PM
bump .......

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
01-14-2010, 09:29 PM
:sl:

I haven't been able to find anything on Islamqa.

I found this on sunnipath:

Question:
Is it permissible to pray salat in front of pictures if absolute necessity? I work in a school, and there are children's pictures in every room. It is too difficult to cover every picture. In this circumstance, is it possible for me to pray in front of these pictures. If I don't pray at work my salat will be qada.

Answer:

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

If you are genuinely unable to reasonably find another room, then simply pray towards a chair or table such that there is no picture in the area within your gaze.

However, it is normally easy, especially in schools, to find a room or quiet corridor (or even fire exit) where one can pray without there being pictures present. Generally, one finds the school administration quite cooperative in such matters when approached in the right way.

And Allah alone gives success.

Wassalam.

Faraz Rabbani
From: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=2961&CATE=4

If I find anything else I will post here.

Allah knows best.

:sl:

innocent
01-15-2010, 12:37 PM
I would try and cover them up with a sheet of paper stuck on top with blue tac or something.

Innocent Soul
01-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Assalmaualaikum

I came to kno that our prayers will be excepted but the angels will not come in. This may help you.
http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/83154/picture%20in%20prayer

tw009
01-15-2010, 02:43 PM
try to cover them up with a sheet. Even in our prayer room in high school we would have a lot of posters up on the wall so we would cover them up before prayers and then take them down afterward..

★ηαѕιнα★
01-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah I would go with the covering up. Good compromise.

Salaam

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-15-2010, 06:08 PM
^ Yeah samere ,sorry forgot to mention that earlier. but cover the images, then thats good

cat eyes
01-15-2010, 06:13 PM
well if you go to the mosque its more of a reward for you because thats really where a brother is mean't to pray so i would say go the mosque instead :thumbs_up

Abdull
02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Aslamualykum, I'm havaing trubble at school trying to get the school to make a place, its rally bad I had to even read on the corridors once, I want to write a letter to the governs and my head teacher but need some help please, if anyone wants to help me out then my email is power_hazard_786@hotmail.co.uk, by the way I'm from lordswood boys school.

Dagless
02-23-2010, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdull
Aslamualykum, I'm havaing trubble at school trying to get the school to make a place, its rally bad I had to even read on the corridors once, I want to write a letter to the governs and my head teacher but need some help please, if anyone wants to help me out then my email is power_hazard_786@hotmail.co.uk, by the way I'm from lordswood boys school.
Strength is in numbers. You need to get the support of all the other brothers in the school. It will carry more weight if it comes from all of you.
If you are praying alone then can't you just use a classroom at lunch? or even pray outside on the sidelines of a football pitch (provided nobody is playing football... but most schools have a few pitches) or somewhere else which is not used?

tango92
11-19-2010, 08:11 PM
bump to an oooold thread. jazakAllah to every1 that replied.

Beardo
11-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Try not to create a big scene about it. Try to cover it up to the best of your ability insha-Allah. If you can temporarily take it down, try that too. Sometimes it gets out of hand, like it's on a design along the entire room... Well, you gotta do whatcha gotta do!

tango92
11-19-2010, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Try not to create a big scene about it. Try to cover it up to the best of your ability insha-Allah. If you can temporarily take it down, try that too. Sometimes it gets out of hand, like it's on a design along the entire room... Well, you gotta do whatcha gotta do!
yep, no better way to put it.

although now weve got a little basement prayer room at uni. with a microwave and everything!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.