/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you have an addicted game?

Sawdah
01-13-2010, 03:50 AM
I was just wondering, because I sometimes get too addicted to a game of tetris on my phone. :><:

Are any of you addicted to a game or was once addicted to one? Rather it's on your mobile phone, on the computer, or on your ipod/itouch? or even a video game?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Italianguy
01-13-2010, 04:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seekerofjannah
I was just wondering, because I sometimes get too addicted to a game of tetris on my phone. :><:

Are any of you addicted to a game? Rather it's on your mobile phone, on the computer, or on your ipod/itouch? or even a video game?
Yeah............It's called Islamic board;D Nt a game but i never log out:p

AlHoda
01-13-2010, 08:58 AM
:sl:
I used to addicted to Habbohotel when I was younger,but now my new addiction in IslamicBoard. ;D
:wa:

north_malaysian
01-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Farmville and Cafe World on facebook

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AlHoda
01-13-2010, 09:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Farmville and Cafe World on facebook
I've heard about Farmville, but it seems a bit boring.

Fטлку
01-14-2010, 07:01 AM
I love tetris too..play it alot on my mp3 :D
I used to play the TMZ games too. But now I'm addicted to Farmville :X

Shifaa
01-15-2010, 08:15 AM
I was VERY addicted to farmville, but fortunately I was able to disable my account or else my whole time would have been wasted on the net the whole day. Uff alhamdullillah for that.

Oops now I think my addicted website will be IslamicBoard forum:omg:

Fטлку
01-15-2010, 08:34 AM
^ The animals are walking in Farmville again! imsad
I can't find one of my calves now :hmm:

Ali_008
01-15-2010, 09:03 AM

I'm a level 48 farmer :uuh::coolious:

I also do not keep any pigs on my farm. I'm even trying to get rid of the Christmas tree but not able to. :exhausted

Cabdullahi
01-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Football manager 2010

I managed a team called Napoli couldn't take them to glory so i gave up

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
01-15-2010, 10:13 AM
can i say TOM & JERRY on my mobile??:embarrass:hiding:

dont play games often though, if i do..its that..:hiding:

aadil77
01-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Halo, I got so into the story I started reading the books, how sad :embarrass

Spartan soldiers are the best :shade:

Fטлку
01-15-2010, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008

I'm a level 48 farmer :uuh::coolious:

I also do not keep any pigs on my farm. I'm even trying to get rid of the Christmas tree but not able to. :exhausted
Really? I'm only 34...imsad
The pigs are a real headache. It's soo hard to collect truffles from them and they keep rotating <_<
PS, I had no problem with the tree. I sold the gold soldiers and other stuff too:hmm:

Life_Is_Short
01-15-2010, 04:26 PM
I was addicted to Takken, Matrix (until my little bro deleted my account), NFS, Sims and GTA (until my bro broke the CD in half).

Now, I don't like playing games anymore. :(

Fטлку
01-15-2010, 04:59 PM
^ Thanks to your bro? :p

Sawdah
01-16-2010, 03:44 AM
I've heard about Farmville, but it seems a bit boring.
I once tried farmville, I thought it was pretty boring too. :|

Yeah............It's called Islamic board Nt a game but i never log out
Lol,I'm sure your not the only one. :p

IslamicRevival
01-16-2010, 03:50 AM
Salaam all :)

As were on the subject of games, Are we as Muslims allowed to play them? I'm talking of sports games such as football, cricket etc nothing violent

I have a games console but lately Ive been feeling guilty and I'm thinking of getting rid of it

Your opinions please :)

tw009
01-16-2010, 06:20 AM
I was addicted to crazy taxi on Facebook but not anymore.

Raudha
01-16-2010, 08:11 AM

I'm addicted to solitaire on my phone :X

And IB on my computer :-[

:w:

zakirs
01-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Umm Age of Empires ,Rome Total War , Rise of nations ? anyone? ..

I am still addicted to strategy/war games :| ..

I hope we can all get rid of our addictions and get addicted to islam :)

crayon
01-16-2010, 08:50 AM
.....Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2:embarrass

Ali_008
01-16-2010, 10:47 AM
^^ I can't believe that a girl can get addicted to Call of Duty!!! :uuh::uuh::uuh:

format_quote Originally Posted by Fטлку

Really? I'm only 34...imsad
The pigs are a real headache. It's soo hard to collect truffles from them and they keep rotating <_<
PS, I had no problem with the tree. I sold the gold soldiers and other stuff too:hmm:
I don't keep them to keep my farm Islamic, ;D. I wasn't very happy about keeping the Christmas tree either but later I found myself sending and receiving presents. imsad

I need 4 cash more and this time I'll buy those Haiti Relief Fund seeds. I wonder if we are allowed to post the links to our farms here. :hmm:

Periwinkle18
01-16-2010, 11:02 AM
farmville on facebook :)

Fטлку
01-16-2010, 03:43 PM

I need 4 cash more and this time I'll buy those Haiti Relief Fund seeds. I wonder if we are allowed to post the links to our farms here. :hmm:
I can't buy 'em because I wasted mine on that stupid gold present which turned out to contain a grey tabby!!! <_<
Don't know about the links but we got a Farmville thread.. :hmm:

format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
farmville on facebook :)
^ LOL. You still haven't posted pics of your Farm!!! C'mon...I'm sure it's gorgeous :p

aadil77
01-16-2010, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Salaam all :)

As were on the subject of games, Are we as Muslims allowed to play them? I'm talking of sports games such as football, cricket etc nothing violent

I have a games console but lately Ive been feeling guilty and I'm thinking of getting rid of it

Your opinions please :)
yes we are, but like all games we're advised to not waste too much time on them

Life_Is_Short
01-16-2010, 04:02 PM
I used to love playing Metal Gear Solid. I don't know why.

crayon
01-16-2010, 05:39 PM
^^ I can't believe that a girl can get addicted to Call of Duty!!! :uuh::uuh::uuh:
Neither did I! But then my brothers forced me to try it, and well... it wasn't as boring as I expected.:hiding:

Cabdullahi
01-16-2010, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Neither did I! But then my brothers forced me to try it, and well... it wasn't as boring as I expected.:hiding:
come on you don't play call of duty...maybe sims or sudoku

if its true that you have played then you havent reached far in the game

crayon
01-16-2010, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
come on you don't play call of duty...maybe sims or sudoku

if its true that you have played then you havent reached far in the game
Well, 55% completed, level 40, so yeah... pretty sure it isn't the Sims. :><:

Cabdullahi
01-16-2010, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Well, 55% completed, level 40, so yeah... pretty sure it isn't the Sims. :><:
Very good! mashallah....i would recommend MGS4 its probably the best game ever with best storyline

Sawdah
01-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Wow, lol so many of you are really into Farmville ;D

I hope we can all get rid of our addictions and get addicted to islam :)
Inshallah, Let us not play too many games, or we'll end up dedicating a good amount of our time to it.:hmm:

Sports is a good way of keeping your body in shape. I don't think it's wrong to play sports, as longs as you don't play something violent.

Ruling on Playing Dangerous Sports
What is the ruling on doing dangerous sports, such as walking across tightropes in high places, jumping down from high places and staying in a cage with snakes?

Praise be to Allaah.

Just as Islam has commanded the Muslim to take care of his physical wellbeing, so too it forbids him to do any kind of harm to his body. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There should be no harming or reciprocating harm.” (Narrated by Ibn Maajah, Kitaab al-Ahkaam, 2332; Ahmad, 2719; Maalik, 1234).

The scholars have discussed the matter of doing dangerous sports.

The author of al-Durr al-Mukhtaar said: “According to the Hanafi fiqh, ‘… all kinds of dangerous sports are permitted to the one who is skilled and is most likely to be safe from harm, such as archery/shooting, or hunting snakes. Watching these sports is permitted in such cases.’” (See al-Durr al-Mukhtaar, 6/404)

The first condition:

Complete skill and proficiency in these kinds of sports. That cannot be achieved without a lot of repeated practice and training, until that level of proficiency is achieved. If this training results in neglecting obligatory duties or ignoring Sunnah or recommended actions, then the view that it is haraam is applicable in this case. But if no such neglect results from this practice and training, then the view that it is permitted is applicable, and it is also permitted to watch.

The second condition:

That it is most likely that the person will be safe. If there is the slightest possibility that he will not be safe, or there is doubt that he will be safe, then the sport is haraam, because it may lead to his death. We are forbidden to reach towards such things, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“…and do not throw yourselves into destruction…”

[al-Baqarah 2:195]

The third condition.

The sport should not be done for money. It is haraam to take payment for such sports, because this is regarded as consuming people’s wealth unlawfully, as there is no benefit in it.

See Bughiyat al-Mushtaaq fi Hukm al-Lahw wa’l-La’b wa’l-Sibaaq, p. 156-157.

I say: these things should be limited to special occasions and celebrations, provided that they comply with the conditions mentioned above. The soundness of this opinion is based on the reports about the Ethiopians playing in the mosque, so these matters should be restricted to the days of Eid. By analogy they may also be done on other special occasions and celebrations. Similarly, such sports are regarded as permissible on the condition that there is no mixing of men and women, and that the ‘awrahs of the players are not visible, and that no games of magic are involved.

See Qadaayaa al-Lahw wa’l-Tarfeeh, p. 295
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/3895

I hope that helps inshallah :)

greenshirt
01-17-2010, 07:39 PM
nope.. i dont play a single video game and i hope to never do so either! they're just too time consuming

Sawdah
01-21-2010, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenshirt
nope.. i dont play a single video game and i hope to never do so either! they're just too time consuming
Yeah, I know what you mean. But, I only play my tetris game while I'm waiting in the bus for my destination or when I honestly do not have anything to do (though that rarely happens, I always have something to do). I don't exactly make time for playing video games... at least, not anymore.:X :/

Hayaa
01-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Freedom Fighters and I'm Going In at first but now.. Halo and COD4 (multiplayer). :wub: :exhausted

'Abdul Rahmaan
01-28-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm addicted to an Islamic board game. :)

Fטлку
01-28-2010, 11:20 AM
^ For a second there I thought this place had an arcade imsad

Salahudeen
01-28-2010, 12:01 PM
not anymore since my pc became to old to run the latest games, but i always used to spend weeks in my bedroom playing AA, football manager, CS, GTA Vice city online, in college we used to play funky snooker everyday lol.

we used to have our own class tournaments and draw names out a bag to see who played who LOL.

I made it to semi final :) evventually the teacher blocked it though after much threatening to do so.

cat eyes
01-28-2010, 03:34 PM
no im not addicted to any games Alhamdulilah i am just thinking imagine Allah took your soul while playing a stupid game :muddlehea why don't we get addicted to reciting the kalma 100times a day <_<

Cabdullahi
01-28-2010, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
no im not addicted to any games Alhamdulilah i am just thinking imagine Allah took your soul while playing a stupid game :muddlehea why don't we get addicted to reciting the kalma 100times a day <_<
You wont be reciting the kalma continuously for 24 hours a day...leisure time is needed and playing a video game after you have done your 3ibadah is fine and healthy.

glo
01-28-2010, 03:44 PM
It may be a little silly, but I am completely hooked on Bejeweled Blitz on FB :embarrass

... I'm also pretty good at it! :D

cat eyes
01-28-2010, 03:47 PM
You wont be reciting the kalma continuously for 24 hours a day...leisure time is needed and playing a video game after you have done your 3ibadah is fine and healthy.
i was thinking the title was addiction problem? oh i see now actually many game addicts find it hard to admit they have a problem:><:

Cabdullahi
01-28-2010, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i was thinking the title was addiction problem? oh i see now actually many game addicts find it hard to admit they have a problem:><:
that's true addiction to anything is dangerous

Salahudeen
01-28-2010, 06:48 PM
When I upgrade my PC I'm gonna get back onto the gaming scene, for the summer holidays. gonna have some late night gaming sessions with my clan :shade: it alleviates stress also I think.

Cabdullahi
01-28-2010, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
When I upgrade my PC I'm gonna get back onto the gaming scene, for the summer holidays. gonna have some late night gaming sessions with my clan :shade: it alleviates stress also I think.
What sort of Pc do you have...?

Hayaa
01-28-2010, 07:38 PM
There's this game called 'Fall Down' that you can download on an iphone.. it's really fun x_x

Salahudeen
01-29-2010, 12:19 AM
What sort of Pc do you have...?
a very old 1, bought it in 2003, 64 MB gfx card lol. amd athlon 2600tm 2.13 ghz processor, 2 gb ram. broken dvd drive. 160 gb hard drive.

I'm 1 of those people who finds it hard to replace something unless it's broken and I'm like that with everything, even clothes unless they're ripped I keep them lol I don't care if they're out of fashion :shade:

this pc I'm going to keep still even when I get a new one cos it's been with me since 2003 if feels connected to me now, if you told me to trade it for a modern 1 I wouldn't be able to do it cos I've grown attached to it now :hmm:

Asiyah3
01-30-2010, 01:50 PM
I liked Crash bandicoot though now the CD stops after you reach a certain level :( Before I used to play the same levels, but now I'm sick of winning the same over and over again.

Playing PS is lovely with a group.

Soulja Girl
02-06-2010, 08:09 PM

^Hehe, I love Crash Bandicoot, it pwns :D

:wa:

The Ruler
02-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Falldown, Doodle Jump and iCopter.

aadil77
02-07-2010, 10:08 PM
I been playin forza 3 too much, vrummmmmm vrummm

S<Chowdhury
02-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Modern Warfare Two OMG Multiplayer is amazing the game is amazing, I'm a total addict to that game. That and Counter Strike

Salahudeen
02-07-2010, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Modern Warfare Two OMG Multiplayer is amazing the game is amazing, I'm a total addict to that game. That and Counter Strike
bro I'll give you a game when I get my new PC in the summer :p I used to play that.

I need to get back into gaming :raging: It was my stress reliver :raging: online gaming is the best, any 1 here part of a gaming clan?

Cabdullahi
02-07-2010, 10:14 PM
If i ever play games its only football ones.....i hate racing and all those role playing games

S<Chowdhury
02-07-2010, 10:17 PM
bro I'll give you a game when I get my new PC in the summer :p I used to play that.

I need to get back into gaming :raging: It was my stress reliver :raging: online gaming is the best, any 1 here part of a gaming clan?
Defo Brother but i remember them days were i had a sega mega drive that was amazing when i was a kid, propa old skool games like sonic, street fighter and micheal jackson moonwalk and then you had nintendo 64 with james bond golden eye or mario kart.

S<Chowdhury
02-07-2010, 10:18 PM
If i ever play games its only football ones.....i hate racing and all those role playing games
What do you prefer Bro Fifa or PES?

Cabdullahi
02-07-2010, 10:21 PM
pes was always the best but after pes 6 it just went downhill for them,now fifa is much more fluid

Salahudeen
02-07-2010, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Defo Brother but i remember them days were i had a sega mega drive that was amazing when i was a kid, propa old skool games like sonic, street fighter and micheal jackson moonwalk and then you had nintendo 64 with james bond golden eye or mario kart.
hahaha you must've grown up around the same time as me I had all those games on SEGA MEGA DRIVE, I used to love sonic and street fighter and I couldn't get enough of Streets of Rage do you remember that?

about nintendo 64, I used to go round my friends house every Saturday and we would sit all day playing his Nintendo 64, THE only game we would play is james Bond Golden, that had to be the best game on N64, I was tempted to buy N64 just for that one game.

we all ways used to play the golden bullet mode it was such awesome game hmm I wanna play it now but haven't got an N64 :(

S<Chowdhury
02-07-2010, 10:27 PM
hahaha you must've grown up around the same time as me I had all those games on SEGA MEGA DRIVE, I used to love sonic and street fighter and I couldn't get enough of Streets of Rage do you remember that?

about nintendo 64, I used to go round my friends house every Saturday and we would sit all day playing his Nintendo 64, THE only game we would play is james Bond Golden, that had to be the best game on N64, I was tempted to buy N64 just for that one game.

we all ways used to play the golden bullet mode it was such awesome game hmm I wanna play it now but haven't got an N64 :(
Yeah I remember street of rage that was an awesome game to play. N64 yeah golden was the best on N64, but never liked the control for the N64 didn't feel comfortable. When PS1 came out it was all about Tekken i never got bored of that game. I never understood final fantasy though.

Muhammad
02-07-2010, 11:15 PM

We discourage members from discussing TV programmes and favourite games. May Allaah (swt) give us the ability to use our time wisely, Aameen.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.