/* */

PDA

View Full Version : mouth ulcers

Ummu Sufyaan
01-14-2010, 04:53 AM
:sl:
i cant find my other thread on ulcers, so please merge.

anyway, is it normal to constantly get mouth ulcers :? i remember only like a week (or maybe 2 weeks) ago i had one and now i've got another one and just generally i get them often. so is that normal :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
01-14-2010, 05:01 AM
It has connection with your stomach and gastric system. I am also having atleast once after every 1 or 1 and half weeks and it heals automatically. Only once, I had one which was getting worst day by day and I had to consult doctor.

Eating food on time, avoiding oily and spicy stuff which increases acid nature in stomach and some walk/excercise were advised by the doctor to me.

جوري
01-14-2010, 05:02 AM
When you say 'Mouth ulcers' --I find that very vague, and without actually seeing these ulcers, I don't see how anyone can offer any legitimate help, any number of lesions can show up there from HSV-1 toa mucocele to fordyce spots .. Honestly I am not writing this to be difficult but just to give you an idea that any number of things can show up there and can't be swept under a catch-all term.. be that as it may going by commonality alone we assume what you have is an aphthous ulcer and they are indeed frequent especially in young women and you may read about them here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphthous_ulcer

if they are very bothersome or what you are reading above doesn't match or look like what you have, you should see a GP..

I wouldn't worry about it either way..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Santoku
01-23-2010, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
:sl:
i cant find my other thread on ulcers, so please merge.

anyway, is it normal to constantly get mouth ulcers :? i remember only like a week (or maybe 2 weeks) ago i had one and now i've got another one and just generally i get them often. so is that normal :?
I was told it was due to a vitamin deficiency in the diet (b-vitamins) but that was long ago, also oral hygiene is important. On the other hand brewers yeast tablets (note this is the strain of yeast and is not alcoholic) made the problem go away for me and a good balanced diet now keeps them away.

Finally my father introduced me to low concentration hydrogen peroxide,5% apply neat to the ulcer on a bit of cotton wool. It stings like heck but it fixes it fast. Stops hurting in a day and goes in two.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Raaina
01-23-2010, 01:06 PM
As sister Gossamer skye said, there can be a number of lesions that appear in your mouth as ulcers. They can occur for many different reasons, if you are getting them every other week, it might be that you a run down or stressed or if you've just come through a period of stress you might get them. If you are worried, I'd go and see your doctor, or better still, a dentist.

Hope that is of some help to you sister :statisfie

Cabdullahi
01-23-2010, 02:31 PM
sister i found a good nhs link it may be helpful to you

Recurrent mouth ulcers

The cause of recurrent mouth ulcers is often unknown. However, there are a number of factors which may increase the chances of you getting recurrent ulcers. Some of these are outlined below.

* Anxiety.
* Stress.
* Oral trauma - such as excessive tooth brushing, or chewing sharp, or hard, foods.
* Certain foods - some people may find that eating certain foods can cause them to develop more ulcers. Foods that have been identified as increasing the risk of ulcers include chocolate, coffee, peanuts, almonds, strawberries, cheese, tomatoes and wheat flour.
* Hormonal changes

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/mouth-u...roduction.aspx

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.