/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Women Only pls. (how do Hormones affect you)

جوري
01-14-2010, 08:33 PM
:sl:

I am trying to work on some side research, and actually based on the response here we'll see if this project has potential or not.

You don't have to reveal your identity for this will mostly be a poll questionnaire.. if you have more symptoms than listed above, then pls make mention of them. I have seen an anon. post here so perhaps it is possible to write here anonymously? I don't want to stick this in the sister's section because I want the opinion of all female members those who are Muslims or not, a part of the sisters section or not..

Jazakoum Allah khyran..

Basically, I'd like to know if there is a change in your mood and behavior around your cycle.

you can click on more than one choice and let me know if you feel this way for maximum of two weeks?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raaina
01-15-2010, 03:31 AM
I hope you get the required information for your project sister. :)

جوري
01-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Jazaki Allah khyran.. I need substantial participation to consider an angle for this..

:w:

Fטлку
02-01-2010, 08:40 AM
:bump1:
Have you got all the info you need? :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
gladTidings
02-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Hormones have ALOT to account for =)

جوري
02-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Not nearly enough sis.. 22 participants though admirable can hardly suffice as a respectable sample size...

I am curious however when people vote strong sense of awareness if that includes episodes of de-realization ... but it is too late to stick it up there and the sort of question that would need elaboration from all parts anyway..

Jazakoum Allah khyran nonetheless..

Esther462
02-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks for not putting this in the sister section as I can't get acces to it.

I'm on the Hormone Implant so I don't get most things that us sisters get. I do have a day or 2 where I just start crying for no reason once a month. I did lose my temper but I've grownen in to crying.

Fטлку
02-02-2010, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Not nearly enough sis.. 22 participants though admirable can hardly suffice as a respectable sample size...
Well, I think many people voted yesterday. Since the number is approximately 69 now :hmm:
PS, I voted for the last one, though the weakness part is true too.

جوري
02-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Jazkoum Allah khyran.. I read your post first then looked at the poll.. I got excited that it was 69 wow.. but it is just 29 imsad

it is ok, it will be open for a while insha'Allah..

HopeFul
02-02-2010, 08:05 PM
okay, i can reply here now, I think I had forgotten how to use a forum!!

I think i suffer from them all :S I thinkit comes as PMS for me

smile
02-17-2010, 03:31 PM
hormones don't affect me

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-17-2010, 05:47 PM

do u mean menses?

جوري
02-17-2010, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven

do u mean menses?
your affect a week or so before until cessation of menses!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Oh well umm I just get hungry before it starts :S lol

cat eyes
02-17-2010, 06:44 PM
:sl:my hormones goes crazy when my menses comes around i get extremely moody before a week they even start i absolutely hate when people touch me like hugging or what ever it makes me angry even if they rub off against me i like to be quite and i don't like to talk then again ive always been like that but when i have my menses its worser i just like to be left alone completely :( i don't mean to be like that but how can i explain now to anybody? ''oh i have my menses so don't touch me or talk to me'' lol i just cant help it really. my friend told me about this herbal thing which i could get to control my mood swings gosh sometimes i just dread when they come around :(

جوري
02-17-2010, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:my hormones goes crazy when my menses comes around i get extremely moody before a week they even start i absolutely hate when people touch me like hugging or what ever it makes me angry even if they rub off against me i like to be quite and i don't like to talk then again ive always been like that but when i have my menses its worser i just like to be left alone completely :( i don't mean to be like that but how can i explain now to anybody? ''oh i have my menses so don't touch me or talk to me'' lol i just cant help it really. my friend told me about this herbal thing which i could get to control my mood swings gosh sometimes i just dread when they come around :(
That is natural.. it isn't you alone, some of the hormones cause tenderness and sensitivity to touch.. a common complaint to pregnant women as well..

roohani.doctor
02-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Good question. I've had lengthy conversations with friends about this topic. :)

I can usually tell cuz I tend to cry at the littlest things...for example, the other day a friend smiled at me and I burst into the tears for no apparent reason. And I gain weight (I am not sure why).... I also feel anxious, stressed (moreso than usual) and just tired. :$

I've also found out that when I exercise regularly these thoughts/feelings are not so severe and I am usually happier... ;)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-17-2010, 07:49 PM
I don't get any of these that are mentioned in the poll lol. Other than being hungry or bloating...nothing else occurs.

The "fun" starts when I have it...

جوري
03-02-2010, 11:58 PM
the poll covers the hormonal surge from the luteal phase to the third day of or for some, the entire duration of menses..

PouringRain
03-03-2010, 02:17 AM
I did not click anything in the poll, because none of it applies to me. I do not, nor have I ever, had any changes or problems associated with my cycle.

جوري
03-27-2010, 08:42 PM

There is an official research study now going on at weill cornell
three different studies
PMS SX onset study
PMS brain scan study
and PMS androgen Hormone study.
if you'd like to participate, pls contact:
PMDD@med.cornell.edu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.