/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite prayer/ Dua might help others too.

ume-dawood
01-15-2010, 09:22 PM
:sl:

I was wondering if I could get some Duas or ways to pray to the Lord when one is sick, in distress, or facing worldly troubles as well as the The Duas and verses that Prophet (sal Allah-u-eleihi wa aalihi wa sallam) taught to get better reward in hereafter.

I would request to paste the hadiths or verses with the real arabic refferences please.(Like hadith 000 Sahih Bukhri and the true wording in arabic and then translation.)

All of us look for an approved authentic way to make Dua in our life , regardless if it is for this life or the next life. You knowledge would sure enough educate others and might also help some who are looking for the divine help.

I expect and hope to learn a lot. Please reply.

Jazak-Allah-ul-Kheran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
01-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Wa alaykum salam,

The dua which the youths in the cave made:

18:10
Behold, the youths betook themselves to the Cave: they said, "Our Lord! bestow on us Mercy from Thyself, and dispose of our affair for us in the right way!"

Muhammad
01-16-2010, 01:02 AM

The du'a of Yunus (alayhis salam) in the whale:

لَّا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

La ilaha illa Anta [none has the right to be worshipped but You (O, Allah)], Glorified (and Exalted) be You [above all that (evil) they associate with You]! Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers." [Al-Anbiyaa: 87]

Also:

رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

"Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire!" [Al-Baqarah: 201-202]

tango92
01-16-2010, 10:30 AM
dua of musa AS

25. [Musa] said: "O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness).

26. "And ease my task for me;

27. "And make loose the knot (the defect) from my tongue, (i.e. remove the incorrectness from my speech)

28. "That they understand my speech,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
01-16-2010, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ume-dawood

I was wondering if I could get some Duas or ways to pray to the Lord when one is sick, in distress, or facing worldly troubles as well as the The Duas and verses that Prophet (sal Allah-u-eleihi wa aalihi wa sallam) taught to get better reward in hereafter.

I would request to paste the hadiths or verses with the real arabic refferences please.(Like hadith 000 Sahih Bukhri and the true wording in arabic and then translation.)

All of us look for an approved authentic way to make Dua in our life , regardless if it is for this life or the next life. You knowledge would sure enough educate others and might also help some who are looking for the divine help.

I expect and hope to learn a lot. Please reply.

Jazak-Allah-ul-Kheran
:sl: sister,

Actually such a duaa collection exists, with duaas for sickness, distress, sorrow etc, where every single duaa has full hadeeth reference with the references in a separate chapter at the back, and all duaas are authentic from the sunnah. The book is called Hisnul Muslim (translated into English as Fortress of the Muslim), and it's widely available in almost all Islamic bookshops in the UK.

The electronic version is here. Homepage: http://makedua.com/

PDF version available for download here: http://abdurrahman.org/zikr/fortress.pdf

Unfortunately I can't find an online one that contains the reference chapter at the back, so your best bet is to buy one. They only cost about £3-4 each, I think.

It really is a brilliant collection of du'aas, and I highly recommend it to you.

brotherubaid
01-16-2010, 10:51 AM
These are for some one facing debt

روى أبو داود عن أبي سعيد الخدري قال: دخل رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم، ذات يوم المسجد فإذا هو برجل من الأنصار يقال له: أبو أمامة، فقال يا أبا أمامة: ما لي أراك جالساً في المسجد في غير وقت الصلاة؟ قال: هموم لزمتني وديون يا رسول الله، قال: أفلا أعلمك كلاماً إذا أنت قلته أذهب الله عز وجل همك وقضى عنك دينك؟ قال: قلت بلى يا رسول الله، قال:

قل إذا أصبحت وإذا أمسيت: اللهم إني أعوذ بك من الهم والحزن وأعوذ بك من العجز والكسل وأعوذ بك من الجبن والبخل وأعوذ بك من غلبة الدين وقهر الرجال، قال: ففعلت ذلك فأذهب الله عز وجل همي وقضى عني ديني.

وروى الترمذي وحسنه، عن أبي وائل عن علي رضي الله عنه: أن مكاتباً جاءه فقال: إني قد عجزت عن كتابتي فأعني.
قال: ألا أعلمك كلمات علمنيهن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم، لو كان عليك مثل جبل صبر دينا أداه الله عنك؟ قال:

قل اللهم اكفني بحلالك عن حرامك، وأغنني بفضلك عمن سواك.

نسأل الله أن يقضي ديننا ودينك وأن يصلح حالنا وحالك.
والله أعلم.
Here is the translation , may Allah reward gosamer sky for the trabslation

narrated by Abu Dawud on abu sa'eed al'khidri who said: The prophet (PBUH) entered the mosque one day and saw a man from Al'Ansar who was known by abu umama, and spoke to him '' Oh abu umama, why do I see you sitting in the mosque when it isn't time to pray? Abu umama answered: '' concerns have overtaken me as well debt oh messenger of Allah''
The the messenger of Allah then said, ''Shall I teach you supplications, if you say it Allah in his supreme glory will lift from you, your concerns and debt?''

Abu umama said, ''please teach me oh messenger of Allah''

the messenger then said, '' if you awaken or sleep, say Allahouma ini a'aooth bek min alham wa'lhozhn, wa'aooth bek min al'3jz wal'kasal, wa'aooth bek min al'jobn wal bokhl, min ghalbat ad'deen wa qahr arijal'' he saif if you utter those words, then Allah in his supreme glory shall do away your concerns and debt..

the words themesleves translate to oh Allah, I seek refuge in you from burdens, sadness, I see refuge from being halted and from sloth, I seek refuge from cowardice and from miserliness, I seek refuge from being overwhelmed by debt, or being made obsequious to mankind

the second hadith, I'll skip the long chain of narration, but can be said as such,
''qul Allhouma akfini behalalak 'aan haramak, wa'aghnini befadlhak 'aman sewak.

Oh Allah keep me binding of what you make lawful over what you prohibit, and enrich me in your favor so that I may not have a need for any other..

And Allah swt knows best

ume-dawood
03-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Assalam-u-alaikum

Thanks all for answering and reviewing th thread. When i posted this topic I knew that there are books available on the topic. There are different prayers that people recommend to each other.

I personally believe that more than the prayer its the connection with the Lord that brings the required answers.

A prayer is not a set of words or sounds, its a connection, a ritual, a call and communication.

The dua in its true essence is a connection active simulteniously at every level. Its the communication at verble level as well as an affirmation at mental level,. It has to be firm in thoughts as a true belief in heart. It is a spiritual belief in unknown and unseen from the Ultimate Power you pray to, to the future you pray for.

Its the way you connect and tune in that makes a difference or brings the grant. Its not only the words that make a difference but we also play a part.

There are some events planned to provide help for some specific issues please visit.

www.divinesystemrestoration.co.uk

Please leave your feed back

Fi Aman Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.