/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have u ever wondered...?

mahvish00786
01-16-2010, 06:14 PM
have u ever wondered that we can boil water in the kettle, but can we boil other liquids in the kettle? i always wonder can i boil milk IN the kettle...? i always wonder! hmmm... :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
01-16-2010, 06:19 PM
why not boil it using the cooker.........the kettle contains metal rings or a circular plate at the bottom that heats up because of the electricity applied to it so if you put anything and everything in it...it could become rusty and you'd be drinking milk with rust

Alpha Dude
01-16-2010, 06:36 PM
It's true. It does rust up. I once tried to warm orange juice that way. Not a good idea. :><:

mahvish00786
01-16-2010, 06:38 PM
lol...ohh no wonder! well then i wont try it lol!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dagless
01-16-2010, 06:57 PM
You can put anything you want in there. I don't see how it can increase the chance of rust. Milk will probably boil too quickly though and may end up burning.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-17-2010, 01:08 AM
The kettle may become dirty or smelly unless you wash the kette lol.
thats all i know, ive never tried putting anything in the kettle besides water lol,never thought of it..sounds geeky :|..
Lol@ putting orange juice lool, you like Hot orange juice lol wow interesting
You would just probably have to wash the kettle out i think, or maybe it contains some electic geeky things that may make the kettle do something bad, ..well anyways lol, this is sooooo geeekyy :)

kamran javed
01-23-2010, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferown
You can put anything you want in there. I don't see how it can increase the chance of rust. Milk will probably boil too quickly though and may end up burning.
yes lol same here lol

Cabdullahi
01-23-2010, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferown
format_quote Originally Posted by kamranjaved2004
yes lol same here lol
^ good luck firawn and kamramachandran :statisfie

mish mash
01-23-2010, 09:30 PM
i dont no bout da drinks an stuff but um not goin 2 try it!!
lolz x

Cabdullahi
01-23-2010, 09:32 PM

Life_Is_Short
01-23-2010, 09:44 PM
It will ruin the element. Use a microwave.

Asiyaah
01-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Best to only use water in the kettle :p - If you want to warm up other liquids do it in a sauce-pan that way you can warm it up slow and keep stirring the liquid. Like when you make hot-chocolate you wanna be-careful because you'll end up with sludge if you don't keep stirring it lol

Cabdullahi
01-23-2010, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaira
Best to only use water in the kettle :p - If you want to warm up other liquids do it in a sauce-pan that way you can warm it up slow and keep stirring the liquid. Like when you make hot-chocolate you wanna be-careful because you'll end up with sludge if you don't keep stirring it lol
^ listen to the canteen lady she knows!

Beardo
01-23-2010, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
It's true. It does rust up. I once tried to warm orange juice that way. Not a good idea. :><:
Ew. I prefer my orange juice frozen or juicy. Not like tea. Why would you even try that?

Cabdullahi
01-23-2010, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Ew. I prefer my orange juice frozen or juicy. Not like tea. Why would you even try that?
people are dipping omelets into their chai's and others are drinking hot orange...whats goin on in here?!?! :hmm:

Life_Is_Short
01-23-2010, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
people are dipping omelets into their chai's and others are drinking hot orange...whats goin on in here?!?! :hmm:
Not to mention cheesy beans and chapati with a glass of milk, mixture of cornflakes and weetabix and chicken rice with banana and dates.

It's an outrage.

Cabdullahi
01-23-2010, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Not to mention cheesy beans and chapati with a glass of milk, mixture of cornflakes and weetabix and chicken rice with banana and dates.

It's an outrage.
you beat me :(

Life_Is_Short
01-23-2010, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
you beat me :(
Now would you GET OVER omelette in tea? Promise to never mention it again?

Cabdullahi
01-23-2010, 11:27 PM
inshallah!

skatteress
02-05-2010, 07:12 PM
mixture of cornflakes and weetabix
Mmmmmmmmmm..... u should try that :D:D

rice n banana?
Beans and banana? LOL

~ Sabr ~
05-15-2012, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cbdullahii
This thread has literally made me...

Everyone at work is staring at me as to why I'm laughing so hard.

Muhaba
05-15-2012, 05:17 PM
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa! some ppl are funny. LOL.

you don't heat milk in kettle because it tends to get stuck on the metal and is difficult to clean. same for orange juice and whatever else ppl have been trying to heat in their kettles. water is pure, but hard water tends to leave stuff also in kettle.

in any case, they are made for water i guess.

Endymion
05-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Thanks for choosing a light thread for bumping this time :D

And i can't boil milk in the kettle because tea is my sis department and she wont forgive me for burning milk in the kettle :skeleton:
But yes,i boilwater for gargling in the kettle when i get flu hehehehe... :omg:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.