/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to get that thirst for knowledge?a

Salahudeen
01-17-2010, 01:48 PM
aslaam alaykum, back when I was 17-19 I used to have such a thirst for knowledge and I was naturally curious about everything my brain would just absorb anything and everything. But know it seems that thirst has gone and I no longer find it interesting to learn stuff imsad

anyone know how to get it back, is there a way I can delete stuff from my brain that I don't need to free space and make it absorb everything again :hiding:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
skatteress
01-23-2010, 05:54 PM
well. some times.. everything gets in to my brain when i want it to, but other days.. i cant cant be asked and as much as i try to get things into my heead it just wont work.. so what i do, is pray two rakas to allah, asking him, to help me learn etc.

skatteress
01-23-2010, 05:55 PM
i hope that helped inshallah!

Salahudeen
01-24-2010, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by skatteress
well. some times.. everything gets in to my brain when i want it to, but other days.. i cant cant be asked and as much as i try to get things into my heead it just wont work.. so what i do, is pray two rakas to allah, asking him, to help me learn etc.

thank you good idea.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
01-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Expose yourself.

And by that I mean expose yourself to situations which will make you question. Allow the curiosity to drive you.

... I suppose.

Dua's are effective, yes. But alone, they're nothing. They're only good enough when followed with some effort towards what you wish to accomplish.

Salahudeen
01-25-2010, 01:05 AM
that's the problem what if the curiosity has faded away and no curiosity remains? :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.