/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Article for New Muslims in America

Clover
01-19-2010, 02:50 AM
Personal Note: I am not a Muslim, I am a devout (to my own opinion, you judge on your own in this matter hehe) follower of Shinto and Taoism. I have made this article for Muslims who struggle with their religious affiliation in the US because of arrogance/ignorance of others. I hope you enjoy.

So, your a Muslim in the United States. Your now a member of one of the largest religions in the world. Yet, do some people look at you with fear/contempt? Well, this is probably because of numerous things. Above all would be these most likely:

-Terrorism has struck America. 9/11 was planned and done by a group known as Al-Qaeda. A Islamist group led by Osama Bin Laden. People were shown these, and as the herd is, accused all Muslims of being a part of the plot."1"

-Your ways are different then the "normal"[3] in the US. The US is pre-dominant Christian. It always has been. Now, a tide of the US is changing. Many people are now not just "Christian" they are a part of many sects of Christian, they might be Muslim like yourself. They might be a Shintoist like I am, they might be a Satanist, Scientologist, Mormon, Jehovah Witness, Jew, Taoist, Atheist, and so on and so on. Your ways are, your ways. People just choose to not accept that the world is changing. This is how the world has always been, don't worry things change. Someday, the world will change again, and again. It happens.

So, now that I have covered that. If your attacked, verbally by a neighbor/colleague/fellow human being, the best advice I can give you is this. What does it matter? Your god [Allah] is the only person you should worry about judging you. What does it matter if some fool calls you a word to insult you? If you get mad, and attack him back, you are just following the bait. That's what they want. If you went to high school I am sure you know what I mean.

If you are attacked physically, the best thing to do, try to get it on video/pictures/media, then go to the Police. If the police do not work, go to a local chapter of the news, you'd be surprised how strong a news camera team can be. Also, other organizations who can help deal with this is the FBI/NSA. Both have helped in cases as such. "3"

Why should you keep to your faith, when others say your wrong, evil, a terrorist, a madman, a imbecile? Well, simple answer is, if you truly believe your religion is right, then what does it matter what they say? Really, think about it. Do you think God [Allah] is going to pick them over you, when you stayed calm, and peaceful, in the wake of insults? I doubt he would pick a man who throws insults because of arrogance, over a man who takes insults and shrugs them off and remains content.

For a question I have had ask every time I try to help a group that isn't my own: Why are you giving advice to Muslims, when your not one yourself? Cause, I think a good man protects his own group, a better man tries to help others no matter what group they are, cause their human beings like he is.

"1"=In World War 2, after Pearl Harbor many Japanese-Americans were persecuted and locked up because of their cultural heritage. This is a prime example of what is happening today, except not as massive, and their is no official/un-offical concentration camps in the US for Muslims/Arab-Born people.

"2"=Notice I use the word "normal" lightly. Normal is not a great definition for anything cause it is a opinion. In statistics, Christians have been the dominant faith in the US for quite a long time.

"3"=During the Civil Rights Era, the Army National Guard, and the 101st Airborne were called in to help contain riots, and the 101st were actually the group they called in, in Arkansas to transport the "Little Rock Nine" because the governor did not want them too. State Troopers were shocked when they realized the Airborne was going to transport them into the school even though they were in the way.

This concludes this topic, and I hope someone finds a little help in this, if not, sorry for wasting your time.

Your Friend,
Clover

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.