/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I Want to Learn Arabic

nebula
01-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Salaamualaikum

I plan on going to egypt to learn Fusha arabic sometime in summer and stay there for some time but i need some advice on what institute to go to?

Ive looked at a few like Al Fajr and Al Ibaanah but i can't decide on where to go because people say good things about al fajr and bad things, Al Ibaanah has had mainly good reviews but people are saying that the students there aren't able to speak very well but they have good grammer foundation? Also ive been told al ibaanah is founded upon salafiyyah so thats a good point whereas al Fajr they aren't. If anyone else knows any other good institutes then please tell me and advise. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Banu_Hashim
01-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Salaam bro, I don't know anything about these institutes, but just wanted to say I hope you have a great time inshaAllah! I really envy you in that I want to do something like this too. One day inshaAllah.

What about Al-azhar university?

Cabdullahi
01-19-2010, 07:11 PM
^ i would go to al azhar to meet ibraheem al khouly

Ummu Sufyaan
01-20-2010, 02:45 AM
:sl:
why dont you get a private teacher? i think it would be more beneficial like that :?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Banu_Hashim
01-20-2010, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
why dont you get a private teacher? i think it would be more beneficial like that :?
That's true he could. But it becomes a bit like school, you go, learn, come home and get on with your life. But if your in an environment where you're forced to speak arabic, I think it makes a lot of difference and you become integrated with the language and it becomes second nature.

latiffa
01-20-2010, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
I think too, it is the best solution! :smile:

Ummu Sufyaan
01-21-2010, 01:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
That's true he could. But it becomes a bit like school, you go, learn, come home and get on with your life. But if your in an environment where you're forced to speak arabic, I think it makes a lot of difference and you become integrated with the language and it becomes second nature.
thats why i said he needs a teacher because with a teacher you can speak face to face and he can correct the mistakes right away-as opposed to learning a few words/sentences then going out and speaking to people and making a mistake (and hence risking looking like a fool).

one on one teaching is alot more efficient then one teacher per 25-30 students with a private teacher you can practice all the speaking, grammar amd ask as any questions as you want and when you want. being in a group with other students, the teachers attention is constantly diverted.

CosmicPathos
01-21-2010, 03:10 AM
i would suggest that he goes and lives in an arab speaking country to make it easier for you. At least that is my personal experience. I enrolled for a French class. I learnt the grammar but I never got to speak it or interact with French speakers and all that money and time was wasted .... I could have done it but at my leisure and I did not hve that motivation to get out of my comfort zone to listen to french pp ..

if you are FORCED to do it ... you will learn it, trust me. My cousin, who is not as much educated, lived in Paris for few years and he speaks it fluently ... so go to arab country if you can fford it

deepfreeze66
01-21-2010, 03:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
i would suggest that he goes and lives in an arab speaking country to make it easier for you. At least that is my personal experience. I enrolled for a French class. I learnt the grammar but I never got to speak it or interact with French speakers and all that money and time was wasted .... I could have done it but at my leisure and I did not hve that motivation to get out of my comfort zone to listen to french pp ..

if you are FORCED to do it ... you will learn it, trust me. My cousin, who is not as much educated, lived in Paris for few years and he speaks it fluently ... so go to arab country if you can fford it
Yes yes, I am Taiwanese but I lived in Hong Kong for a short duration, your suggestion correct, if you want a good arabic language experience than move to an ethnic arab country, from an eastern perspective I will say that Dubai is a great ethnic arab country very good economic developing market.

Cabdullahi
01-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Brother egypt is a very nice place and i would recommend you to go there but make sure you enrol unto a good college

Banu_Hashim
01-30-2010, 03:40 PM
I was just wondering, which Arab country's dialect is the closest to Modern Standard Arabic (fus7a)? Could anyone provide a scholarly piece of work to back up their view, as I was having a discussion about this with my friend, and it seems as if all arabs from their respective country will say, "my arabic is the closest to fus7a!".

JazakaAllah Khair.

Donia
02-04-2010, 03:16 AM
:wa:

I wish you well and I hope that you find a good university to go to. I don't think I'll be much help but I want to do the same thing one day insha'Allah (go to Egypt and learn Arabic).

Someone told me that it took a year to learn fluently.
Has anyone else tried?? How long did it take?

syilla
02-04-2010, 04:09 AM
Its true... they said if you go the ethnic arabic country and go for the extensive class for 6 months you can master the language faster :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.