/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom of the Wise

ashadab63
01-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Al-Murrudi' reported that he asked Imam Ahmed: "How are you today?" He said: 'How I can be while I am required by my Lord to perform obligatory acts of worship, by my prophet to practise his Sunnah, by the two angels to improve my deeds; and my soul urges me to follow it, Satan pushes me to commit evil deeds, the angel of Death is waiting to take my life, and my children are asking me to provide for them." Imam Adh-Dhahabi in his book "Siyar a'laam an Nubalaa"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
01-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Greetings and peace be with you ashadab63; and welcome to the forum,

Thanks for sharing, it seems we still struggle.

In the spirit of praying for strength to get through each day, knowing that our God holds us in the palm of his hand.

Eric

ashadab63
01-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Musa' Ibn al Mualla' said:- Hudhaifah(The companion of the Prohet) advised me:-"Three qualities that if you have them, you will get a share of every good deed that comes from above: your deeds should be only for the sake of Allah, you should love for people what you love for yourself and your food should be lawful(i.e., earned by legal means)." Reported by Imam Ibn Al- Jawzi in his book Sifat as Safwah.

ashadab63
01-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Naifi said:-"A man said to Ibn Omar Ibn Al- Khattab, praising him: 'O the best of all people'. Ibn Omar replied: 'I am not the best of all people, but I am a slave among the Slaves of Allah; I seek Allah's forgiveness and Fear Him; I swear that if you persist in praising the man, you will ruin him.' Reported by Imam Adh Dhahabi in his book : Siyar a'laam an- Nubalaa.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ashadab63
01-27-2010, 04:27 AM
Reported by Attirmidhi:- "Part of the happiness of a son of Adam consists in his pleasure in knowing what Allah has decreed for him; part of the misery of a son of Adam consists in his abondonment of asking Allah's blessing; and part of the misery of a son of Adam consists in his displeasure with what Allah had decreed for him.'

ashadab63
02-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Jabir bin Abdullah narrated:-

"The Prophet Muhammad came out to us and said:- The angel Jibreel has just left my place and he said to me:"O Muhammad, by Him who sent you with the truth, there is a servant of Allah who worshiped Him for 500 years on top of a mountain in the sea. The mountain was 30 yards in length and 30 yards in width. The sea was 4000 parasangs(Old Persian measure of length) on each side. Allah had given a fresh spring, the width of a finger, which pours fresh tasty water that gathered at the bottom of the mount; and a pomegranate tree that produced each night a pomegranate for him. He would worship his Lord during the day, and in the evening, he would go down to the water, make ablution, and pick a fruit to eat. Then he would rise again to worship his Lord. When his time came close, he asked his Lord to allow him to die while prostrating to Him; and He allowed it. On the day of Resurrection , the Lord says "Take my servant to paradise with My Mercy". But the servant says " O my Lord, but rather with my deeds". Then Allah says "Compare my servant's deeds and My blessings to him". The blessing of sight has covered the worshiping of 500 years; and the blessings of the whole body remains a surplus over him. So the Lord says "Take My servant to Hell". And as he is carried to Hell, he shouts "O my Lord, enter me to paradise with your mercy". The Lord says "Bring him back". As he stands before Him, the Lord says to him "O Slave of Mine, who created you when you did not exist?". He says "U My Lord". The Lord says "And who gave you the strength to worship Me for 500 years?" He says "U My Lord". The Lord says "Who settled you down on a mountain in the middle of the sea, and gave you fresh water and a pomegranate every night- a fruit which comes out once a year!- And who did you request to help you die in prostration, and He did?" He says "U, My Lord". The Lord says "It is all with My Mercy, and with My Mercy again I enter you to paradise. Take My servant to paradise. What an excellent servant you were!! So Allah made him enter paradise. Jibreel said "Things are rather with the mercy of Allah, O Muhammad."""

Transmitted by Al- Mundiri.[

ashadab63
02-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Ash-Sha'bi' reported that Shuraih said: "I would be inflicted with a misfortune , yet I thank Allah for it because of four things: I thank HIM for not inflicting on me a severe misfortune, for giving me patience to endure it, for guiding me to get rewarded for being patient, and for not causing this misfortune to affect my religion" .............. Adh Dhahabi In his book Siyaar a'laam an Nubalaa

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.