/* */

PDA

View Full Version : fasting

mammyluty
01-21-2010, 12:42 PM
asalam alaikum

i wanted to ask about how to repay my missed ramadhan days,last year i was pregnant n i gave birth near the ramadhan so i had to miss cos i was breastfeeding.i missed the whole month plus the last to last year i didnt fast the last two days of ramadhan cos i was begining to feel morning sickness.am still nursing n i tried fasting,when i woke up in the morning i feel so tired n hungry n dizzy like i couldnt do it.n its like this evrytime i try to fast.me n my husband r trying for another baby inshallah n i think am pregnant alredy n its gona be the same that means il miss the other ramadhan again!!!

how am i supoosed to pay them,i know if one cant pay is supposed to feed poor people.there is no poor peolple in uk,in my country i dont trust anyone whol do it for me.

whats the fatwa about this anyone who knows what i should do.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mammyluty
02-03-2010, 12:47 PM
looks like no one wants to answer,,,anyway i nid to know cos now am sure that am pregnant.plz i nid to know what to do?

ardianto
02-04-2010, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mammyluty
looks like no one wants to answer,,,anyway i nid to know cos now am sure that am pregnant.plz i nid to know what to do?
(I know, there are Islamic students or even Islamic teachers in this forum who can answer that question. But where are they when sister mammyluty needs them ?. Okay, I will give an answer as ordinary ummah. I am not a scholar.)

:sl:

According to scholars, in your situation when fasting probably can causing a bed effect for you and your baby (and your fetus) you are allowed to pay your missed fasting with fidyah.

And ruling of fidyah is :
".....and those who can afford it there is a ransom : the feeding of a man in need ..."
(Qur'an. Surrah Al-Baqarah : 184)

Majority of Ulama say, you must give foods to the poor and not allowed to change it with money. However, there is no prohibition to feed them indirectly. You can give your money to someone, then this someone buys foods and gives it to the poor under your name, of course.

If you cannot find poor people in UK, you can feed poor people in other countries. My advice, go to Muslim organization near you or go to place where you pay zakat. Tell your problem to them, Insha Allah, they can help you in feeding poor people in other places.

mammyluty
02-05-2010, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
(I know, there are Islamic students or even Islamic teachers in this forum who can answer that question. But where are they when sister mammyluty needs them ?. Okay, I will give an answer as ordinary ummah. I am not a scholar.)

:sl:

According to scholars, in your situation when fasting probably can causing a bed effect for you and your baby (and your fetus) you are allowed to pay your missed fasting with fidyah.

And ruling of fidyah is :
".....and those who can afford it there is a ransom : the feeding of a man in need ..."
(Qur'an. Surrah Al-Baqarah : 184)

Majority of Ulama say, you must give foods to the poor and not allowed to change it with money. However, there is no prohibition to feed them indirectly. You can give your money to someone, then this someone buys foods and gives it to the poor under your name, of course.

If you cannot find poor people in UK, you can feed poor people in other countries. My advice, go to Muslim organization near you or go to place where you pay zakat. Tell your problem to them, Insha Allah, they can help you in feeding poor people in other places.

so how do i pay the ransom?is it one ramadhan,,,i feed 60 people.or i just feed any amount of people?

n shukran for ur time to answer

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
02-05-2010, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mammyluty
so how do i pay the ransom?is it one ramadhan,,,i feed 60 people.or i just feed any amount of people?

n shukran for ur time to answer
There is a rule about how much this fidyah in raw food. But the rule in one madhab is different than other madhab.
However, Ulama have make consensus, Muslim can pay fidyah with feed one poor man/woman in lunch and dinner. One poor man/woman for every missed day in fasting.
If you miss 60 days, you have two options :
- Feed one man/woman for 60 days.
- Feed 60 people in one day.
You can chose one of these two options.

If you cannot feed them directly, you can send money to someone in another place, then this someone buy food and give it to the poor. Read again my previous post.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.