/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you look for in a woman or man?

Darth Ultor
01-23-2010, 03:37 PM
This may have been done before. If so, please close/merge it.

I personally don't require much of a woman I'd want to be with. She just needs to be a good person, creative in some way (muy importante for me), smart, and have a career or aspirations for a career. For her to be as much a platonic friend as she is a girlfriend. Love is an abstract word. Let's just say I choose my friends carefully (though I give everyone the benefit of the doubt), and would do the same when it comes to a relationship. I would always want a woman who loves me for me. Looking past experiences and at personality and interests. Similar interests is also good. Specific faith is not important to me, as long as God is part of her life.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
03-20-2010, 03:24 AM
Since no one has responded to your thread, then I will. I am not looking at all for a man in my life, but if I were the most important thing to me is that he has a good relationship with God and puts God first in all things. His specific religion is not important, provided we both worship the same God and he is able to be respectful of our differing beliefs. Anything beyond the above criteria is all icing on the cake. I do not have a need of anything from a man.

Se7ene
03-31-2010, 08:08 PM
1 word: Hair

cat eyes
03-31-2010, 08:12 PM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
03-31-2010, 08:16 PM

Salahudeen
03-31-2010, 08:17 PM
Well I'd like it if they understood me cos it's generally hard to find a person who understands how you feel and has things in common with you. And they would have to be praticing of course. I've only ever met 1 person like that. We clicked instantly like we knew each other for years.

marwen
03-31-2010, 08:18 PM
To be religious. The other things are not really important.

tango92
03-31-2010, 08:19 PM
makes a good sandwich

SMA89
03-31-2010, 08:22 PM
What I look for in a woman:
-Height: She cant be shorter than 5'6" and cant be taller than 5'10" because I stand at 6'2"
-Hair: I like women with long hair, its more feminine.. not tooo long tho
-Personality
-She has to be nice, sweet and have a cute smile
-She has to love life
-She has to be dominant and strong but definitely not more dominant than I am.
-She cant be scared to ask me for help
-Effective communication: this is big in relationships
-She HAS TO MAKE THE FIRST CHILD A BOY... lol I dunno why but I want my first child to be a boy.
-She has to have a purpose of life, I dont want her to stay at home and cook and do chores all the time. She has to be on a journey or come along with me on my journey with passion.
-SHE MUST LOVE TO TRAVEL. I AM A GUY THAT DOESNT LIKE TO SETTLE.
I will be on the move all around the world.. USA, CANADA, SOUTH ASIA, MIDDLE EAST SOUTH AFRICA and CHINA (business) and MUCH MORE.
-She has to be there when I need someone to talk to emotionally.. LOL guys are down sometimes too, we just dont show it in the real world cuz we are men.. but we can sometimes be emotional to the wife lollll..
- She has to love kids, I LOVE KIDS because they are cute and are always happy :)
- She has to know how to share a blanket
- She needs to be a good in the kitchen.
- She has to love all humans, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity etc.
- She has to know how to tie a tie.
- She has to give me advice and help me make decisions.
- SHE HAS TO BE TRUSTWORTHY
The List continues.. its doesnt end here.. I will post more when I can think of some.

Se7ene
03-31-2010, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SMA89
-She HAS TO MAKE THE FIRST CHILD A BOY... lol I dunno why but I want my first child to be a boy.
The sex of a child is determined by the father :p

The List continues.. its doesnt end here.. I will post more when I can think of some.
Don't ask for much do you lol

marwen
03-31-2010, 08:29 PM
-Height: She cant be shorter than 5'6" and cant be taller than 5'10" because I stand at 6'2"
-Personality
-She has to love life
-She has to have a purpose of life, I dont want her to stay at home and cook and do chores all the time. She has to be on a journey or come along with me on my journey with passion.
I will be on the move all around the world.. USA, CANADA, SOUTH ASIA, MIDDLE EAST SOUTH AFRICA and CHINA (business) and MUCH MORE.
-She has to be there when I need someone to talk to emotionally.. LOL guys are down sometimes too, we just dont show it in the real world cuz we are men.. but we can sometimes be emotional to the wife lollll..
- She has to love kids, I LOVE KIDS because they are cute and are always happy :)
- She has to love all humans, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity etc.
loool ;D if you get married, please invite me !

No ! please don't :skeleton: looooool

ali-imran
03-31-2010, 08:39 PM
I am not in a situation to marry at the moment, and feeling impatient and apprehension about when it will happen.......or if it will happen.....any advice.

But I would look for someone, who pleases my eyes more..or choose with my eyes 1st...esp if it were arranged which is the likely.....but then we are all different and have different ways of choosing....I would say she should be somewhat religious also.

Lonely Gal
03-31-2010, 08:43 PM
never have too many 'tick boxes' as u end up concentratin on them more then actually seeing what the person is all about..

ali-imran
03-31-2010, 08:47 PM
I agree, you should just go for what looks good in an arrange marriage situation or looks right....face it there isnt going to be much getting to know each other well...which there will be plenty of time for later Insha-Allah.:shade:

Sawdah
03-31-2010, 08:53 PM
Good character is important.

IslamicRevival
03-31-2010, 08:54 PM
A Muslimah who practices the religion of truth. Once you have the fear of Allah SWT embedded in your heart, you will no doubt be successful in this world and the hereafter InshAllah

Se7ene
03-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Is it important if the woman wears a hijab?

S<Chowdhury
03-31-2010, 09:01 PM
-Personality
-She has to love life
^^^^^^^^^^^ ;D brother oh brother what a list , i hope you do find a wife like that

cat eyes
03-31-2010, 09:02 PM
i think theres alot more you need like as brother squiggle says you really need to have a deep understanding of eachother and you need to click immediately thats how you know there the one and no one can even come close to that... never!!

S<Chowdhury
03-31-2010, 09:06 PM
On the basis of this view of marriage and of women, the Muslim is not attracted by the empty-headed attitude displayed by some girls nowadays. Rather, he is attracted by a sound Muslim personality, and he takes his time in choosing a partner for life, looking for a partner who has the right Islamic characteristics which make for a stable and happy married life. Therefore he is not interested in the superficial physical beauty, grace and elegance that are the sole concern of empty-headed youngsters. While he may not ignore physical looks, he must look for strong religious beliefs and practice, intelligence, and good behavior, following the advice of the Prophet (S.A.W):

“A woman may be married for four things: for her wealth, for her noble descent, for her beauty or for her religion. Choose the one who is religious, lest your hands be rubbed with dust!” (Bukhari and Muslim)

Although the Prophet (S.A.W.) advised the young Muslim to look for a religious wife, this does not mean that he should ignore his preferences regarding physical beauty. The Prophet (S.A.W.) encouraged seeing a woman before finalizing the marriage, so that a Muslim will not find himself trapped in a marriage with a woman he finds unattractive.

Al-Mughirah ibn Sha‘bah said:

“I got engaged to a woman at the time of the Prophet (S.A.W). He asked me, ‘Have you seen her?’ I said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Go and have a look at her, because it is more fitting that love and compatibility be established between you.’” [1]

A man who had got engaged to a woman of the Ansar came to the Prophet (S.A.W), who asked him: “Have you seen her?” He said, “No.” so the Prophet (S.A.W.) ordered him to go and see her.2

The Prophet (S.A.W.) emphasized, in more than one hadith, the fact that beauty is one of the basic characteristics that a man should look for in a woman, besides the other, moral, characteristics that are desirable. Indeed, the two are inseparable. For example, he told Ibn ‘Abbas (R.A.A):

“Shall I tell you the most precious thing a man can have? It is a righteous wife: when he looks at her he is pleased, when he tells her to do something she obeys, and when he is away she is faithful and loyal to him.”3

Abu Hurayrah (R.A.A.) said:

“The Prophet (S.A.W.) was asked: ‘Which woman is the best?’ He said, ‘The one who pleases him when he looks at her, who obeys him when he tells her to do something, and who does not do something he dislikes with regard to herself or to his wealth.”4

This is the guidance given by the Prophet (S.A.W.) regarding the personality of the woman who can bring happiness, tranquillity and stability to a man, and who can make a cheerful, pleasant and secure home in which to raise a brood of successful, courageous, intelligent children. The Prophet (S.A.W.) insisted that marriage should be firmly built on a solid foundation, striking a balance between physical, mental, spiritual and emotional needs, so that it will not be rocked by personality clashes or differences in attitude. Therefore the true Muslim who is guided by the shari‘ah of Allah (S.W.T.) in all his affairs, does not fall for the wiles of the “jezebels” who are the beautiful women of bad character; rather he (S.A.W.) tells people: “Beware of the ‘jezebels’.”5

ali-imran
03-31-2010, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i think theres alot more you need like as brother squiggle says you really need to have a deep understanding of eachother and you need to click immediately thats how you know there the one and no one can even come close to that... never!!
I am commenting on my cultural experience...of arranged marriage...there is not room to have a deeper understanding before marriage.......:cry:

cat eyes
03-31-2010, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ali-imran
I am commenting on my cultural experience...of arranged marriage...there is not room to have a deeper understanding before marriage.......:cry:
brother sorry to hear that. so you were forced into it? alot of arranged marriages dont work out because the two people sometimes dont even meet each other before and have no real deen in them

ali-imran
03-31-2010, 09:35 PM
brother sorry to hear that. so you were forced into it? alot of arranged marriages dont work out because the two people sometimes dont even meet each other before and have no real deen in them

No in fact, I have yet to get married.......But the many problems I see and with my age.....I am thinking maybe I can just remain unmarried....is this possible? I really cant be bothered any more.:cry:

im 29 yrs young btw, and look very young.:shade:

Se7ene
03-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Your still young you have plenty of time.

cat eyes
03-31-2010, 09:40 PM
No in fact, I have yet to get married.......But the many problems I see and with my age.....I am thinking maybe I can just remain unmarried....is this possible? I really cant be bothered any more.:cry:

well remaining unmarried you can come into more problems:) so why would you want to do that for.

''im 29 yrs young btw, and look very young.:shade:''

:giggling: mashaAllah im sure you are 29 is young

ali-imran
03-31-2010, 09:48 PM
well remaining unmarried you can come into more problems:) so why would you want to do that for.

But remaining unmarried is not a problem surely...or is it? tell you the truth I feel nervous about the whole marriage procedure.:heated:

IslamicRevival
03-31-2010, 09:55 PM
Marriage completes half your deen. SubhanAllah, Look how beautiful our deen is. Allah Hu Akbar. Remaining unmarried in my opinion is a problem, Sooner you get married the better

S<Chowdhury
03-31-2010, 10:02 PM
But remaining unmarried is not a problem surely...or is it? tell you the truth I feel nervous about the whole marriage procedure.:heated:
Don't be nervous im 11 years younger than you and well for the men all you have to do is turn up and sign on the dotted line ending your life hehe, but on the plus side you get a free dishwasher and cook for free well sort of for life ;D im joking , all the planning and stuff leave that's for the bride side to do. Nothing to be afraid of unless you have a monster in law haha ^ troubled soul is right brother remaining unmarried causes a problem the quicker you get married the better

All jokes aside for now.............

And marry those among you who are single . . . If they are needy, God will make them free from want out of His grace. [Qur'an 24:32]

And He it is Who has created man from water; then He has made for him blood relationship and marriage relationship. And thy Lord is ever Powerful. [Qur'an 25:54]

One of His signs is this: that He has created mates for you from yourselves that you might find quiet of mind in them, and He put between you love and compassion. Surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect. [Qur'an 30:21]

-Fallen Angel-
03-31-2010, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Don't be nervous im 11 years younger than you and well for the men all you have to do is turn up and sign on the dotted line ending your life hehe, but on the plus side you get a free dishwasher and cook for free well sort of for life ;D im joking , all the planning and stuff leave that's for the bride side to do. Nothing to be afraid of unless you have a monster in law haha ^ troubled soul is right brother remaining unmarried causes a problem the quicker you get married the better
Seems you would make a lazy husband :P

Salahudeen
03-31-2010, 10:11 PM
My friend showed me this list, 7 types of woman you Do not marry. he said.

Al-Annaanah: The woman who whines, moans and complains and ‘ties a band around her head’ all the time (i.e. complains of a headache or some illness but in reality she is not sick, rather she is faking).

2. Al-Mannaanah: The woman who bestows favours, gifts, etc. upon her husband then (at that time or the future) says; “I did such and such for you or on your behalf or because of you.

3. Al-Hannaanah: The women who yearns or craves for her former husband or children of the former husband.... See More

4. Kay’atul-Qafaa: The women who has a brand mark on the nape of her neck (i.e. has a bad reputation or doubts about her).

5. Al-Haddaaqah: The women who cast her eyes at things (i.e. always looking at something to purchase, then desires it and requires her husband to buy it (No Matter What).

6. Al-Barraaqah: The women who spends much of her day enhancing her face and beautifying it to such an extent that it will seem like it was manufactured.

7. Al-Shaddaaqah:The woman who talks excessively...

S<Chowdhury
03-31-2010, 10:11 PM
^^^^^^^ Of course I am ;D

SMA89
03-31-2010, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle

LOLLLL HAHAHHAHAHAHA... completely agree

Nimboo
04-01-2010, 09:44 AM
-Personality
-She has to love life
First off:

We have similar requirement/expectations but I agree with everything except the lines in Bold. Kids Can be a burden and can/will put travel on hold (you wont be able to travel freely as they will be in school). If I get married, Kids will have to be postponed.

Nimboo
04-01-2010, 09:48 AM

Al-Annaanah: The woman who whines, moans and complains and ‘ties a band around her head’ all the time (i.e. complains of a headache or some illness but in reality she is not sick, rather she is faking).

2. Al-Mannaanah: The woman who bestows favours, gifts, etc. upon her husband then (at that time or the future) says; “I did such and such for you or on your behalf or because of you.

3. Al-Hannaanah: The women who yearns or craves for her former husband or children of the former husband.... See More

4. Kay’atul-Qafaa: The women who has a brand mark on the nape of her neck (i.e. has a bad reputation or doubts about her).

5. Al-Haddaaqah: The women who cast her eyes at things (i.e. always looking at something to purchase, then desires it and requires her husband to buy it (No Matter What).

6. Al-Barraaqah: The women who spends much of her day enhancing her face and beautifying it to such an extent that it will seem like it was manufactured.

You have done the impossible and defined Women. See above for the Hi-5 :d

Darth Ultor
04-01-2010, 11:41 AM
If I have kids, they would love travel, because I would start at an early age to take them to interesting places.

tigerkhan
04-07-2010, 02:36 AM
asalamkam
i think for women, the model is Ayesha RA and Fatma RA........ the sign of patience, cooperation, sincerety and love...... generally the thing i like most in womens is SABAR, HAYA, SINCERETY........
to share with you a good story.....
once we are in tableegh/jamat....one brother say Prophet PBUH had said, i love three things in this world. one fragrance, 2nd womens and 3rd salat.....he says by this Prophet PBUH means the MAHRAM womens eg their wives and daughters etc....but 2nd brother who is very senior and had much knowledge said...No by womens Prophet PBUH means all the womens....bcz at this time the ppl of arab thinks women as a shamefull thing..and they use to burry their alive girls babies and there are no rights for them in their society....so he says Prophet PBUH by saying this wants to mention the impartance and value of women in sight of ALLAH SWT...
so ALLAH has created all of in pairs of man and women......and i also say i like Frangrance, women and SALAt....
they are really the beauty of this world.... and they are very good in nature, soft and sincere....once i was told ALL the aunties of Prophet PBUH accept islam b4 hijra but Uncles....not all of them accept islam even after conquest of MAKKA.....and how can we forgot the role of Hazrat KHUDIJA RA....Allah Swt has sent Salam for her......ppl say s behind every successful man there is a woman.... but i say for unsuccessfull man there is also a woman....haahah.
anyway ALLAMA IQBAL agreat scholar of islam say
wajood zan say ha tasweer kaiynat ma rang......
JZK for reading this ool fool llines.

Banu_Hashim
04-07-2010, 05:00 AM
I would ideally want my wife to be pious, and by this I don't just mean she prays all the fardh salawaat... but also has good akhlaaq. I would want her to be interested in knowledge and passing it on because I would want my kids growing up in a very Islamic environment because who is it that educates the child Islamically? The mother.

Would love to have a large family, so someone who would like the same. Someone who can intellectually stimulate me, someone who has a sense of humour and is playful also. If she shares some of my interests like Arabic, Fiqh, History, Horse riding etc. than that's a plus! Ultimately someone who I can better my self with!

sheesh, have I exposed myself or what!:omg:

Nokiacrazi
04-07-2010, 05:55 AM
Women

Piouty. Beauty. Character.

Darth Ultor
04-07-2010, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
I would ideally want my wife to be pious, and by this I don't just mean she prays all the fardh salaah... but also has good akhlaaq. I would want her to be interested in knowledge and passing it on because I would want my kids growing up in a very Islamic environment because who is it that educates the child Islamically? The mother.

Would love to have a large family, so someone who would like the same. Someone who can intellectually stimulate me, someone who has a sense of humour and is playful also. If she shares some of my interests like Arabic, Fiqh, History, Horse riding etc. than that's a plus! Ultimately someone who I can better my self with!

sheesh, have I exposed myself or what!:omg:
What is akhlaaq?

S<Chowdhury
04-07-2010, 11:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
What is akhlaaq?
Good Character

Banu_Hashim
04-07-2010, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Good Character
BarakAllahu Feek. Na'am; Good character, manners, morals - these are all words used to translate "akhlaaq".

CosmicPathos
04-07-2010, 07:33 PM
But what is a good character? It is such a vague term. What constitutes a good character? All humans are different. Our character cannot be 100% like that of the Prophet pbuh due to the inherent genetic differences.

Banu_Hashim
04-07-2010, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
But what is a good character? It is such a vague term. What constitutes a good character? All humans are different. Our character cannot be 100% like that of the Prophet pbuh due to the inherent genetic differences.
Yes, there are certain personality traits that we inherit from our parents or other relatives however that is not an excuse to have bad akhlaaq. We can most certainly work on our manners and also character to an extent by looking to the seerah of RasulAllah (sallalAllahu alayhi wa sallam) and following his sunnah. Obviously we cannot be 100% like the Prophet, but I feel as if this is an excuse many use to not work on their akhlaaq.

People can change themselves; it can be done.

marwen
04-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Yes, there are certain personality traits that we inherit from our parents or other relatives however that is not an excuse to have bad akhlaaq. We can most certainly work on our manners and also character to an extent by looking to the seerah of RasulAllah (sallalAllahu alayhi wa sallam) and following his sunnah. Obviously we cannot be 100% like the Prophet, but I feel as if this is an excuse many use to not work on their akhlaaq.

People can change themselves; it can be done.
You're right. That's why the prophet PBUH encouraged us to find a pious partner for marriage. If you find a good muslim/muslimah you can be certain he/she has good ethics and good personality (though there can be some few exceptions).

Banu_Hashim
04-07-2010, 08:28 PM
“I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge.”

- ‘Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak

happy
04-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Ideally i want a man who knows his lord,kind,understandable and someone who will except me who i'm.
I would also like a man who treat me in a good way.

happy
04-15-2010, 02:18 PM

10 types of men
Number 1.........
Men who have a tendencie to compete with their wives (basicaly men who feel unease about certain successes their wives acheive instead of simply being proud of her for them)

Number 2..........

Men who do not posess any of the major virtues, characteristics which makes one a MAN, i.e courage, intention and drive to work hard, and most importantly GHEERAH

Number 3............

Men who lack izza

Number 4............

Men who are not capable of defending their wives or stopping an injustice done to them, even if the defence is against his own mother

Number 5............
Men who are not hands on fathers

Number 6.............
Men who do not fear Allah, implement or bare minimum intend to implement the the sunnah

Number 7............

Men who are violent and who are capable of beating up their wives.

Number 8.............

Men who do not respect your family for indeed a sign a man truely loves u can b seen thru his treatment of ur family

Number 9........

Men who are stingy

Number 10...........

Men who do not lower their gaze.

EllyDicious
04-17-2010, 01:29 PM
He needs to be a good human being and love me for real.
He needs to be honest and loyal.
He needs to have goals in life.

That's what really matters. Religion doesn't matter at all if he has a good heart!

islamirama
04-17-2010, 05:12 PM
she should be a woman, in all sense of the word :D

Cabdullahi
04-17-2010, 05:56 PM
A woman who has good character and loves Allah!

islamirama
04-17-2010, 07:29 PM
btw, whats the point of this thread? really, what is it?

Why do you care what we look for, unless it will help you change yourself?

or are we to share so we can propose to each other based o what we like?

most of you won't get the "ideal" woman you are looking for. you will get what life throws at you and you will have to either make it ideal or start whining and make it worst.

cat eyes
04-17-2010, 07:41 PM
a man with good character and loves Allah

AhmadibnNasroon
04-17-2010, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EllyDicious
He needs to be a good human being and love me for real.
He needs to be honest and loyal.
He needs to have goals in life.

That's what really matters. Religion doesn't matter at all if he has a good heart!
Huh?...are you Muslim if I may ask?

Cabdullahi
04-17-2010, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
A woman who has good character and loves Allah!

a man with good character and loves Allah
Such a copy cat! you just copy and pasted my sentence and deleted 'w' and 'o'.................i am only jesting ....i believe its what everyone should look for!

EllyDicious
04-17-2010, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmadibnPhilip
I come from a Muslim family, but I don't practice this religion myself. I'm new here so I guess you should check out my Introduction thread.

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...74#post1318474

EllyDicious
04-17-2010, 10:51 PM
@Abdullahi - I guess you and the cat are made for each other, then :P

Cabdullahi
04-18-2010, 09:55 AM
@Abdullahi - I guess you and the cat are made for each other, then :P
Like i said all good muslims aspire to marry a person with good character who loves Allah

format_quote Originally Posted by Nokiacrazi
Women

Piouty. Beauty. Character.
BarakAllahu Feek. Na'am; Good character, manners, morals - these are all words used to translate "akhlaaq".
format_quote Originally Posted by seekerofjannah
Good character is important.
...everybody should look for these things as stated by our Prophet (saw) It's an unanimous thing, except for some people who want other things:

format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
makes a good sandwich
brother wants his peanut butter sandwiches to be top notch Masha'Allah

format_quote Originally Posted by UnhappyD:
a lazy husband :P
sister wants a lazy husband so she can earn good deeds by looking after him Masha'Allah

EllyDicious
04-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Like i said all good muslims aspire to marry a person with good character who loves Allah
What about bad Muslims? They want to marry a person who doesn't love Allah though that person may have a good character?
So to you, a good character is only someone who loves Allah?

Asiyah3
04-18-2010, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
you will get what life throws at you and you will have to either make it ideal or start whining and make it worst.
That's so scary...

Asiyah3
04-18-2010, 11:10 AM
What about bad Muslims? They want to marry a person who doesn't love Allah though that person may have a good character?
Why would a muslim aspire to marry someone who hates Allah? Doesn't sound logical now, does it?

Amat Allah
04-18-2010, 11:53 AM
I do not care about his shape ,appearance, nationality , social stature, color, height or weigh, but I hope to find someone who fears Allah , knows his way to the mosque , understanding,honest and want him to share with me every moment of his life no matter what it will be to him, silly or important ,sad or happy and never feel shy of me , I want him to love all the people around the world no matter who they are and be modest. I want him to love kids and want him to be my everything , not only a husband but also friend who I can trust and return to after Allah , I want him to correct me whenever I am wrong and teach me the right with out being haughty and may Allah make me good to deserve someone like this and make me able to make that person happy always and for ever no matter what because pleasing the husband is from pleasing Allah...

and at the end , you will be married to whom Allah wrote for you no matter what and you might thinking now about some characters and later marrying something else and might love that person more than what you have dreamed of more than anything , no body knows ,everything is in Allah`s hand and I am begging Allah to grant each one of you the perfect loving caring and well- mannered one who fears Allah and make you happy always and for ever and to be with each other in the highest levels of the paradise with out being reckoning Ameeeeen

take care of your selves...

omar ibrahim
04-18-2010, 11:57 AM
no not just loves Allah,all people except atheist and some agnostic say we love Allah just as you say you love God ^^ .Good character means honest ,trustworthy kind etc,moreover being a good muslim praying 5 salat not drinking keep the commandments of Allah loves the prophets.

Amat Allah
04-18-2010, 12:17 PM
good and bad are every where , I met many non muslims and they were amazing ma shaa Allah and whether we were muslims or non , good or bad may Allah guide us all to the path of the endless and real happiness Ameeen

and my noble and respected EllyDicious , I think our brother above meant something else but you understood it in a different way ...

please don`t fight, we are all brothers and sisters in this world no matter what ok?:statisfie

Jennie
05-15-2010, 11:25 AM
- She dress modestly.
- She don't use drugs and she isn't alcoholistic.
- She wants adopt. If she already have child, that's okay.
- She isn't very fat.
- She must be intelligent and honest.
- She is educated.
- It feels good to be with her.
- We have something common.

Asiyah3
05-15-2010, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jennie
- She dress modestly.
- She isn't very fat.
- She is educated.
:sl:
If I may ask, are you a male?

Jennie
05-15-2010, 11:31 AM
No. I'm lesbian.
Hope you haven't any problem with that.

Asiyah3
05-15-2010, 11:55 AM
No. I'm lesbian.
Hope you haven't any problem with that.
Not at all. However, are you aware that homosexual acts are prohibited in Islam? My duty is only to spread the knowledge. As in the end, it's in the hand of the person whether to obey or disobey Allah and His messenger SAAS.

Whoever does good, it is for his own soul, and whoever does evil, it is against it; and your Lord is not in the least unjust to his servants. [41:46]

We have shown him the way, whether he be grateful or ungrateful. [76:4]

Verily this is an Admonition: therefore whoso will let him take a (straight) path to his Lord! [73:19]

Jennie
05-15-2010, 04:41 PM
_muslim_: Yes, I do know what Quran says about homosexuality acts. But it don't worry me, I don't believe that Allah would disapprove me cause of that.
As you might know, this is what I've born.
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmadibnNasroon
I would like to have a muslimpartner, but I don't see EllyDicious (or anyone) bad muslim if she chooses non-muslim partner!

Asiyah3
05-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Feelings might not always be a 'choice' or a result of our actions, but homosexual acts will always be the individual's choice unless someone is holding a gun at you.

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 05:05 PM
- She dress modestly.
- She isn't very fat.
- She is educated.
^^^^^ hey that's some of the qualities i want, gd choices ;D

marwen
05-15-2010, 05:23 PM
_muslim_: Yes, I do know what Quran says about homosexuality acts. But it don't worry me, I don't believe that Allah would disapprove me cause of that.

I would like to have a muslimpartner, but I don't see EllyDicious (or anyone) bad muslim if she chooses non-muslim partner!
What's going on !
Ok, i'll be glad if homosexual thoughts are not discussed in this forum please. Not to offend, but it's against Islam.

Abdul Wahid
05-15-2010, 05:55 PM
:sl:

This hadith for me is sufficient when I choose a partner.

Abu Hurairah related that the Prophet Muhammad said: “Men choose women for four reasons: for their money, for their rank, for their beauty and for their religion, but marry one who is religious and you will succeed” (Bukhari, Muslim).

Most of us don't look even bother looking at religion; sometimes its the last thing on our minds.

Alhumdulillah I will choose someone first & foremost for their deen. That's what is important to me. Another thing I will look at is character. Character is important.

InshaALLAH those of us that are not married find suitable pious partners. Ameen.

:wa:

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
What's going on !
Ok, i'll be glad if homosexual thoughts are not discussed in this forum please. Not to offend, but it's against Islam.
^^^ That constitutes homo thoughts LOOOL haha , oh jeeeez she was merely replying back to the question with a lil bit of her own opinion

aadil77
05-15-2010, 06:39 PM
'Abdullah b. Amr reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The whole world is a provision, and the best object of benefit of the world is the pious woman. Muslim (Book #008, Hadith #3465)

Jennie
05-15-2010, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**
Feelings might not always be a 'choice' or a result of our actions, but homosexual acts will always be the individual's choice unless someone is holding a gun at you.
Right, I mean that I can't change my feelings. I admit, that's my choice if I act homosexuality. And I don't find that wrong so I won't cover or avoid that.
I anyone of you have some problem with my sexuality, remember: those are your problem, not mine.

format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
What's going on !
Maybe, but homosexuality is still legal.

aadil77
05-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Right, I mean that I can't change my feelings. I admit, that's my choice if I act homosexuality. And I don't find that wrong so I won't cover or avoid that.
I anyone of you have some problem with my sexuality, remember: those are your problem, not mine.

Maybe, but homosexuality is still legal.
not in islam, people should not reveal their sins whether muslim or not, this is because they are between you and god

Nájlá
05-15-2010, 10:13 PM
I haven't read the whole thread.... But i saw a post in the first few pages about 'a women who is always moaning' and this reminded me of an email i got.

Sorry not really related to the thread and its in arabic but found it funny =D

من يعتقد ان الزوجة النكدية ليس لها فوائد فهو مخطئ

فللزوجة النكدية فوائد كثيرة ومن أهمها:

تجعل لسان الزوج رطب بذكر الله

طول اليوم قاعد يدعي حسبي الله ونعم الوكيل

تساعد الزوج على غض البصر لأنه سوف يكره صنف الحريم

تساعد الزوج على صلة الرحم

لأنه على طول هربان عند أمه

تساعد الزوج على أن يحافظ على وزنه ورشاقة جسمه

لأنه دائما ً نفسه مسدودة عن الأكل

وأخيراً ،تجعل من زوجها رجلاً عظيماً

فبسبب قرفه وزهقه منها ، سوف يقضي وقتا ً أطول في العمل

مما يجعله إنسانا ً ناجحاً في عمله ويحقق المثل القائل:

"وراء كل رجل عظيم إمرأة"

Darth Ultor
05-15-2010, 10:52 PM
We don't all speak Arabic, please translate.

Dagless
05-15-2010, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
We don't all speak Arabic, please translate.
I think its enjoyable in all languages. It goes black, then blue, then purple... then blue, then purple, then blue... and just when you think its over... bang... it hits you with the red (that was my favourite part... I really was not expecting it).

PouringRain
05-15-2010, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
I think its enjoyable in all languages. It goes black, then blue, then purple... then blue, then purple, then blue... and just when you think its over... bang... it hits you with the red (that was my favourite part... I really was not expecting it).
Oh my! I think this is the funniest thing I have read all day. ;D :bump1: :giggling:

Nájlá
05-16-2010, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
loool

Well sorry can't translate... Someone else can do it if they want to.

Asiyah3
05-16-2010, 04:19 PM
****edit****

Nájlá
05-16-2010, 04:51 PM
^Sis i didn't understand most of that, so here's my translation and its not good either but whatever its no big deal.

who ever thinks that the 'moaning wife' [I'll call her the moaning wife or the angry wife because I don't know exactly the translation of the word nakeeda] has no Benefits is wrong. The 'moaning wife' has alot of benefits and from the important ones are:

She make her husbands tongue soft with the remembrance of Allah.. All day long he's praying 'Hasbi allah wa namal wakeel'[Allah is sufficient for us and most excellent is the Protector.]

She helps the husband to lower his gaze because he will remember the other half of women.

She helps the husband maintianfamily ties because he's always running to his mum.

she helps the husband to keep his weight and look fit. Because he's always blocked from eatting (Like he never wants to eat after arguing)

"وراء كل رجل عظيم إمرأة"

And lastley she makes out of her husband a great man, because he is always fed up of her he will use most of his time in work and this will make him a successful man in his work and makes the saying that says 'behind every great man a women' come true.

tigerkhan
05-18-2010, 10:51 AM
(plz dont read this but those who r free and just want to waste time, bcz i am free and i just want to waste my time..... hahahah)

well, 29-30 of this month is marriage date of my elder brother....after him its my number.....hahaha...actually my mam wants that i and my bro should have a combined marriage but i say no....i dont want it right now but lit later......
now obviously my mum has next mission to find some girl for me ............... its bcz my mum asked me several times to let her know my choice but i say i have no1 in my mind uptill now..... but now obviously i have to help mam in this mission bcz she trust me much and i sure once i take name of any girl, my family will be 100% agreed.
anyway i never post this on net or serach on internet bcz i want she may be not much aware/sticky to internet....actually i want to tell u my priorities for woman to be in my life....maybe its amazing for u but hopefully u enjoy....
1. i want she should be pakistani or pakistani origon.....its bcz i love pakistanizzz hahahahha...
2. she should in extrmes wrt to financial status.......either much stable than me or from low earning family...preferably low earning family.......
3.must have conservative/v.religious and strong family background.......
4. educational status....either v.up or below average...hahhaha i mean either professional degree or matric fail...hahahaha preferably matric fail......
5. physical appearance: i think this is v.temporary thing so dont blv much in it however if cute......then will be better bcz atleast i am so cute hahahhahahahahahahaha, u know tigers are v.cute....but also dangerous....lol
6. haam about religion........obviosly muslima....but not sure whether more practicing or not however i think she muct have spirit and courage to do something in life......

anyway i am just wasting my time...but may be it will work...seriously i have to for marriage in next year insh.....but i know my match is not avalible on internet (matric fail lol), but if u know there is some1, i know GOD had written our meeting one day......lol

brotherubaid
05-18-2010, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nájlá
I haven't read the whole thread.... But i saw a post in the first few pages about 'a women who is always moaning' and this reminded me of an email i got.

Sorry not really related to the thread and its in arabic but found it funny =D

"وراء كل رجل عظيم إمرأة"
Looool , Allahul Musta'aan!!

الله المستعان
نسال الله العفو و العافية

This was funny though.

S_87
05-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Are you a muslim?
If so then:

There is a difference between a person who has homosexual thoughts and fights it and fights the shaytaan and remains steadfast fearing Allah and a person who freely says they are a lesbian promotes it, does not consider it a sin and says this regarding their evilness like:

I do know what Quran says about homosexuality acts. But it don't worry me, I don't believe that Allah would disapprove me cause of that.
no one was born to be gay, it is a natural instinct for a man to be attracted to a woman and vice versa. anything else is from the Shaytaan the accursed. If you had read the Quran ayahs of homosexuality you would see the severity of it, its abhorence and how it is not accepted AT ALL.

And (remember) Loot, when he said to his people: ‘Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in the Alameen (mankind and jinn?
7:80

and homosexuality will never be accepted islam, it is something that brought the severe punishment of Allah and Allahs curse is upon such people, and Muhammed :arabic5: strongly prayed against such people and cursed them.

May Allah protect us from this evilness

Al-Yasa
05-24-2010, 05:37 AM
i dont really care about the ethnicity or race of the person

i want her to be kind, intelligent and fun

in the look departments i only want a partner who has a nice smile :P

nousername
05-24-2010, 05:45 AM

3. Al-Hannaanah: The women who yearns or craves for her former husband or children of the former husband.... S
I would always yearn for my child from my first marriage. Is a woman to give up her children if she is married a second time??!!

Cabdullahi
05-24-2010, 05:33 PM
she must be religious

she must be kind and not feisty

she must look aesthetically simple and moderate...with a big smile!

she must make mean chapati's ......im just kidding that is not a requirement

tango92
05-24-2010, 06:01 PM
she must be religious

she must be kind and not feisty

she must look aesthetically simple and moderate...with a big smile!

she must make mean chapati's ......im just kidding that is not a requirement
i dunno man bad cooking might be a deal breaker

Cabdullahi
05-24-2010, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
i dunno man bad cooking might be a deal breaker
time to buy an apron and a rolling pin son!....if you can learn how to make chapati's wallahi you dont need anything else.....dry chapati and water will get you through worst case scenario

you can have chapati's with canned beans

chapati's with margarine and jam

chapati's with honey

chapati's with cous cous

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-24-2010, 08:16 PM
^ Yes you can, although i have never tried that :-\, but with water? :-O SubhaanAllaah still sounds awesome tho, worth a try, kool disshes you got theren

tango92
05-24-2010, 08:40 PM
i couldnt bear the thought of not having chicken and potatoes with chapatis

when i went for umrah during ramadan they used to serve chapatis and yoghurt, man that was tasty alhumdulillah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.