/* */

PDA

View Full Version : For reverts,What`s the most thing you liked in Islam?

islamlover_girl
01-26-2010, 02:59 AM
I`d like to ask this question to reverts

What`s the most thing you liked in Islam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi Mansur
01-26-2010, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamlover_girl

I'm not a revert (yet) but I might be someday. I'm still studying it. So take my response however you wish.

What I like best about Islam, is that it seems to build on the Torah and the Injeel without totally rejecting them. It accepts all of the prophets. I like that. From that perspective it tends to be logical.

I also like that it is centered on a text that has not been tampered with over the years. And, it is a message of peace without discriminating between people based on race. It puts everybody on a level playing field. Those are the things I like about it. And of course, the fact that it worships only one God (and there is no confusion about that) is something I really like. I've always felt that there was only one God and not more, or that man may become God as some religions teach.

:wa:

kwolney01
01-26-2010, 04:46 PM
What drew me towards Islam was seeing my Muslim friends in worship. I started to learn about Islam during Ramadan through friends because I was so impressed with fasting and it not just being about abstaining from food.

I was a christian before, but didn't practice, because I wasn't happy with a lot of the practices of Christianity. I could never wrap my mind around the trinity concept. My family is primarily Catholic, but again most do not practice.

I remember actually telling my mom to go to church with me because I was looking for something more from Christianity. I started "trying" to read the Bible, but found myself confused and truly bored. I couldn't understand why some things were in the Bible in full detail, while others were lacking.

I always found myself drawn to Muslims and I started asking questions. I was surprised by all of the similarities and how Islam put it all together. I received a translation of the Qur'an and found all of the answers that I couldn't find in the Bible. Everything was easy to understand.

All and all it was the practices that led me to revert. I wanted to be happy with the religion I chose for myself and know that I am worshiping the One True God. I am now a much better person because of my constant remembrance of Allah.

Somaiyah
01-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Assalamo alaykom,

For me it was the rules. I was a Christian, but I never accepted the thought how the Bible can have rules but no Christians follow them except what "they feel for". In Islam there were rules, many rules in the Quran were the similar as I had chosen to follow from the Bible (and I got VERY critisized for following the rules in the Bible from other Christians who said I don't need to). So to find Islam I was thinking it must be something in this religion that is right, because otherwise people wouldn't follow the rules and Islam would have become as damaged as Christianity is today and has always been.

Then it is also that God can never make any mistakes. According to Christianity when God created human being, putting up rules, sending prophets, then realizing it didn't work, send a son, take away all rules and let the people go to heaven as long as they believed in the son? For me it didn't make sense at all. So in Islam I found that Allah swt never makes mistakes, He knows everything what has happened and what will happen and He can fix anything. And if people back in time could follow rules, so can we. Humanity hasn't changed as much as people claims just to excuse themselves.

So these two things are what actually made me convert, not just what I like in Islam. Alhamdolillah for being a Muslim :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kwolney01
01-27-2010, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by J Aaliyah
Assalamo alaykom,

For me it was the rules. I was a Christian, but I never accepted the thought how the Bible can have rules but no Christians follow them except what "they feel for". In Islam there were rules, many rules in the Quran were the similar as I had chosen to follow from the Bible (and I got VERY critisized for following the rules in the Bible from other Christians who said I don't need to). So to find Islam I was thinking it must be something in this religion that is right, because otherwise people wouldn't follow the rules and Islam would have become as damaged as Christianity is today and has always been.

Then it is also that God can never make any mistakes. According to Christianity when God created human being, putting up rules, sending prophets, then realizing it didn't work, send a son, take away all rules and let the people go to heaven as long as they believed in the son? For me it didn't make sense at all. So in Islam I found that Allah swt never makes mistakes, He knows everything what has happened and what will happen and He can fix anything. And if people back in time could follow rules, so can we. Humanity hasn't changed as much as people claims just to excuse themselves.

So these two things are what actually made me convert, not just what I like in Islam. Alhamdolillah for being a Muslim :)
Great post sister. I agree, I could never understand why Allah would send down himself or a son to only be crucified to "save" sinners. The whole trinity concept makes no sense at all.

cat eyes
01-27-2010, 10:25 PM
:sl:
The unity of muslims,honesty,kindness,decency,modesty. every characteristic of the prophet (saw) thats how i became attracted to islam. i first attended the mosque at the age of 18 and i was immediately astounded of the love that surrounded me... many months later i decided to pick up the Holy Quran and read it. just like the above sisters said everything made sense straight away.

before i became a muslim i was deeply wanting to find answers from christianaty i wanted to attend the church with my dad and well my dad would wait in the car outside and then he would drop me there and i would sit in the church but i just felt that i did not feel any peace at all. i had mixed feelings about my faith i wondered why i was the only one in the church lighting a candle and nobody else i mean not even my own dad would enter the church with me surely if this faith made any sense at all people would find peace in it and i wouldnt be the only one here there would be others then id see a couple of old people walking in and not any sign of any young girl my age. i felt really miserable.. Alhamdulilah i found my faith now.

abu_musab461
01-27-2010, 10:42 PM
I love the brotherhood the best... the fact that muslims will go out of thier way to do something for another muslim while there is no alterier motive other than seeking the Pleasure of Allah and often then do it at a loss to them selves, in terms of time, effort, money etc,

Salahudeen
01-27-2010, 11:15 PM
^whoever removes a burden from a believer Allah will remove a burden from him on the day of judgement ;D

Love for your brother what you love for yourself ;D

you're right about the brotherhood hehe.

hmm the thing I liked most was the morals and principles that Islam tells us we should have, like good adhaab and manners. and to deal with people justly. Sometimes things happen in life that bring us to Islam also and make us submit.

M..x
01-27-2010, 11:30 PM
you know what.. I absolutely LOVE convert/revert stories, they give me a wierd feeling.. LOVVE all tha above and May Allah keep guiding you and eryone else InshAllah x

Esther462
01-30-2010, 07:29 PM
The modesty of women, the oneness with Allah and prayers.
I love Islam and I'm happy to be a muslim and felt ashamed that I ever thought of turning away from Islam.

insanity
02-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Having a relation-ship with Allah, nothing between You & God.

Raaina
02-24-2010, 04:11 PM
What I like most about Islam?

The sisterhood and how everyone is kind to each other. The things it teaches you, helping, respecting everyone.

The modesty of a woman.
and how it treats men and women equally but with different responsibilities.

Islam_sister
02-24-2010, 04:21 PM
What I like most about islam?..

Man there is alot I LOVE about Islam!.. I would say I love the sisterhood. If your going through a problem and or if your sisters see that your Emaan and going down and your struggling your sisters are always there for you no matter what in any given scenario they are always there to help you. And you can just feel that the love that the sisters have for you is something beautiful and its something from Allah. Your true friends are those who keep Allah in reminder and also help you with your deen and life. I ALSO love how in Islam you learn something new EVERDAY!.. Man everything about ISLAM i LOVE it to the TEE!.. but I LOVE also.. Tawheed, Al Walaa Wa Baraa and QADA WAL QADR!.. Goodness..lol. Everything about ISLAM I LOVE*..

I LOVE YOU ALL FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH!

Chuck
02-24-2010, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamlover_girl

If you ask me for one thing, than it would be Salat. Praying salat first time was quite an experience, it felt like as if a long lost person has found his home.

julie sarri
02-25-2010, 07:39 AM
The unity and the equality that everyone is the same and should be treated the same know matter where they are from revert or born Muslim Arab or non Arab and the fact that you have to look after each other Islam is a beautiful thing it has given me much joy happiness,peace of mind and heart and made a better person Alhamdulillah

¤ ιмαи ¤
04-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Hmm..
I think an easier question would be what we didn't like about Islam. Then there would be no answers ^__^

I guess I loved, how when ever I had a question, it could be answered, and how I was never in doubt. Also, that strong love I suddenly felt for Islam and Allah(swt)

sunnyhayat
04-29-2010, 10:52 AM
The best thing in islam is allah's worship and nobody comes in between u and allah. It is pure subjugation to allah ans is not seeen in any other religion

Woodrow
04-30-2010, 02:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sunnyhayat
The best thing in islam is allah's worship and nobody comes in between u and allah. It is pure subjugation to allah ans is not seeen in any other religion
Ameen.

I agree fully.

Although this means we alone are responsible for the consequences of our choices and no man can intercede for us, it also means we need never fear anything except Allaah(swt).

Muhammad
05-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Masha'Allaah, it was wonderful reading the replies in this thread. May Allaah (swt) increase us in beneficial knowledge and righteous actions, Aameen!

Khadijah84
05-03-2010, 07:19 PM
When i first learned about Islam i loved that it was by far the most logical religion with basis in facts. I loved the set of rules which we as muslims are meant to follow and i love that Islam is the only religion which accepts all the prophets of Allah.

Also Islam is by far the best religion for women and we are truly valued and cherished, i as a western woman have never felt more free than as a muslim woman. All in all Islam is such a beautiful and true religon.

aadil77
05-03-2010, 07:53 PM
also if reverts would like to, they can post about their journey to islam on this thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...ours-here.html

kite runner
06-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Assalamu alaykum

What attracted my attention to Islam was when I heard the Athaan for the first time (on youtube). Since hearing it I wanted to find out more about it, what it ment, its significance etc. 9 months after hearing that athaan and building my knowledge I became a Muslim Alhamdulillah.

BintAbee
06-17-2010, 08:31 PM

Interesting thread, Masha Allah!

:w:

Raziah
06-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Alsalam alikum,

It is really nice posts,
May Allah keeps your iman.

seek-paradise
06-18-2010, 02:55 PM
very beautiful answers ma shaa allah
May Allah reward you all

Seek
06-20-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm astonished! To me, I have been a Muslim all my life, by birth. But just recently i chose to be a Muslim. Yes I always believed it was right, got amazed of what it has of meanings. Guys what you are missing is reading it in Arabic. Just listen to it on youtube, by mishary Alafasy. In fact I'm listening to it now :)

I chose Islam over Christianity, because I was putting it there because of the fact being the religion before Islam. I have chose this mind-blowing religion because of the scientific miracles in the Quran... subhan-Allah!

Ibrahim_K
06-24-2010, 06:15 AM
I begun with religious studies when I was 18 and considered converting to judaism. However I didn't find any support in the Bible, but when I recently begun to read the Quran with the intention of finding out the truth, my understanding told me that the Quran is the Truth. I have never encountered anything that even resembles the support and wisdom I gain by reading the Quran.

S.Belle
09-29-2010, 10:53 PM
What I like most about Islam was the love and respect that muslim show to each other...like a family and also when I was a Christian I felt that alot of my questions were not being answered or made any sense. But with Islam all the many questions that I had was answered and I felt peace in my heart

tigerkhan
09-30-2010, 01:55 PM
mashallah...its v. pleasing reading above lines.......

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.