/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jinn and Islam

Dagless
01-28-2010, 08:40 PM
- Reciting the Quls 3 times is a good way to protect oneself from magic and Jinn.
- The Jinn are said to be like humans, in that they have free will, some are believers (Muslim), and some are non-believers.

Scenario:

Man_1 has read the Quls. Jinn_1 wishes to do him harm. Jinn_1 see's he has read the Quls and so Jinn_1 cannot harm him.

If Jinn_1 is Muslim then they know the reason they cannot do harm to this man.
If Jinn_1 is not Muslim then he can clearly see that reading the Quls saved this man and so will know that words from the Quran are true.

Once word spreads through the Jinn community of these people who cannot be harmed due to the words of God, wouldn't they all then observe this phenomena? This is a clear proof and therefore wouldn't all Jinn be Muslim?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
01-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Some randomish thoughts..

1. Iblees has seen Allah with his own eyes, yet is the greatest 'kaafir'.

2. This question implies there isn't any clear proof of Islam. Why would Allah want us to follow him if he didn't provide clear proofs? That can't be, if Allah is Most Just. This means there are clear proofs to the correctness of Islam. Why can't people see the truth then? Perhaps they have clouded their pure fitrah with so many sins that the truth just does not get through to them, no matter what is shown? It is hard to convince people that have been conditioned toward disbelieving their entire lives.

3. The example of the people of Musa AS come to mind. They saw the parting of the sea with their own eyes, yet later on they started to go astray (wanted idols to worship, fled from battlefield etc). How can this have happened after they witnessed such a great miracle?

I guess there could be many different reasons, including arrogance and pride that lead to unwillingness in recognising the truth or sins blocking the truth from being apparent.

Dagless
01-28-2010, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Some randomish thoughts..

1. Iblees has seen Allah with his own eyes, yet is the greatest 'kaafir'.

2. This question implies there isn't any clear proof of Islam. Why would Allah want us to follow him if he didn't provide clear proofs? That can't be, if Allah is Most Just. This means there are clear proofs to the correctness of Islam. Why can't people see the truth then? Perhaps they have clouded their pure fitrah with so many sins that the truth just does not get through to them, no matter what is shown? It is hard to convince people that have been conditioned toward disbelieving their entire lives.

3. The example of the people of Musa AS come to mind. They saw the parting of the sea with their own eyes, yet later on they started to go astray (wanted idols to worship, fled from battlefield etc). How can this have happened after they witnessed such a great miracle?

I guess there could be many different reasons, including arrogance and pride that lead to unwillingness in recognising the truth or sins blocking the truth from being apparent.
Good answers, but now I have more questions ;)

1) Though Iblees is classed as the biggest kaafir even he must believe in the oneness of God? He doesn't even have to believe since he knows.

Is he then still worse than someone who believes there is no God or someone who believes in multiple Gods?

I heard a story where an evil non-believing man told his sons to burn his body after death and then spread the ashes far and wide. It said that even though this man was a non-believer it showed he had fear of God because he was scared that he maybe held accountable after death. Therefore even though Iblees does evil he is doing it with the belief in God, ie. he is doing it against God but it shows his faith in God if that makes sense.

Btw I know he is an open enemy and is the worst of all. Its just an interesting question because to be that evil you must have 100% belief in God.

2) I agree that there are proofs but this proof would be one which is demonstrable in a scientific sense. This experiment could be tried by any of them, generation after generation, and it would always yield the same result. Its not something which could be disputed. If they fell into doubt then hey just do the experiment again.

3) Yep humans are silly :(

edit: apparently I have to spread the rep around before giving it to you again...

another edit: I thought of another scientific demonstrable proof which humans can test but I doubt the Saudi government would let anyone :)

abu_musab461
01-28-2010, 11:29 PM
The differnce between beliving and knowing is submission aka islam.

Its all good for Iblis and the jinns to know Allah exists and His words are true but if they dont submit their whims and desires and stop doing evil on the earth then they can say they are muslims all day long and will still enter the fire.

So u come across many jinns who claim to be muslim but u know they are lying cos they refuse to submit to Allah's Commandments.

Some classical ruqya sessions are where the shiekh punish the jinns badly by burning them with the Quran and then asking them "If these were the words of man or jinn would they hurt u like this?"

Often they embrace islam other times it doesnt go through there thick skulls.

Cos Allah (swt) have closed off thier hearts from the Guidence because of thier sins.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dagless
01-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Jazakallah brothers, my question has now been answered :thumbs_up

Alpha Dude
01-28-2010, 11:48 PM
1. I'm not sure.

2. I see what you mean. In the specific case of jinns, we don't have any clue on what form this 'protection' takes after one does the recitations. For example, is an invisible barrier formed around a person that burns any jinn that tries to come near - without the jinn knowing what the cause of the barrier is? Maybe an invisible angel pushes the jinn away, without the jinn being able to sense why?... but then I suppose you could say the jinns might notice a pattern in that an awful lot of muslims seem to be protected by invisble barriers and then we're back to square one lol. :hmm:

another edit: I thought of another scientific demonstrable proof which humans can test but I doubt the Saudi government would let anyone :)
If I'm assuming correctly what you are thinking - nevermind the permission of the Saudi government, it would be the height of disrespect to do such a thing (not that I think you'd really do it). :)

Salahudeen
01-29-2010, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
1. I'm not sure.

2. I see what you mean. In the specific case of jinns, we don't have any clue on what form this 'protection' takes after one does the recitations. For example, is an invisible barrier formed around a person that burns any jinn that tries to come near - without the jinn knowing what the cause of the barrier is? Maybe an invisible angel pushes the jinn away, without the jinn being able to sense why?... but then I suppose you could say the jinns might notice a pattern in that an awful lot of muslims seem to be protected by invisble barriers and then we're back to square one lol. :hmm:

If I'm assuming correctly what you are thinking - nevermind the permission of the Saudi government, it would be the height of disrespect to do such a thing (not that I think you'd really do it). :)
Yeah I would also love to know this, hmm interesting maybe you get like a invisible shield around you or something as you said. I have no idea but would love to know.

you raised another good question, can the jinns see the angels around us? :hmm:

cat eyes
01-29-2010, 01:00 PM

abu_musab461
01-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Different duas have different protective effects...

The most famous one ofcourse is reading Ayat Al Kursi in the night with sincerity and understanding, as the hadith mentions that Allah (swt) sends an angel to pretect that person until dawn

I'm guessing the angel is invisible.

There are two duas which ive tested and they seem to work brilliantly.

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الَّذِي لَا يَضُرُّ مَعَ اسْمِهِ شَيْءٌ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلَا فِي السَّمَاءِ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ

Bismillaahi alladhee Laa yahdurr ma`ismihi shay’un fi al-ardi walaa fi as-samaa’i wa huwa as-samee`u al-`aleem.

(In the name of Allah; with His name, nothing whatsoever on earth or heaven can inflict any
harm; He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing.)

3 times after fajr and maghrib salah

Uthman (R.A.) reported that Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W.) has said that (nothing will harm) the servant who recites these words three times every morning and evening.

And also

لا إلَهَ إلأَ اللّهُ وَحْدَهُ لا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَ لَهُ الْحَمْدُ، وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْ ءٍ قَدِيرٌ

"La illaha ilAllahu wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul Mulku, wa lahul Hamd, wa huwa 'ala kulli shay'in Qadeer"

(There is no deity but Allah alone. He has no Partner. Sovereignty and Grace are His and He is the Omnipotent)

100 times after fajr and maghrib salah

[al Bukhari 4:95, Muslim 4:2071]

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Whoever says “Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer” one hundred times in the day, will have a reward equivalent to that of freeing ten slaves, one hundred hasanahs (good deeds) will be recorded for him, and one hundred sayi’ahs (bad deeds) will be erased from his record, and it will be protection for him from the Shaytaan for that day, until evening comes. No one could achieve any better than him except the one who does more than he did.”

(narrated by al-Bukhaari, 31119; Muslim, 2691)

what i found is that read either of these duas with sincerity and trust in Allah (swt)

With dua 1. He (swt) places an invisible barrier barrier that physically prevents the jinn from touching you and nothing will hurt you the whole day.

So if a jinn tired to attack you it will find it cant get past the invisible bubble around you.

With dua 2. I dont think there is a physical protective bubble around you rather the jinns just say they cant attack you cos your protected. So wont waste their efforts trying.

Allah Knows Best

Predator
02-05-2010, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461
Different duas have different protective effects...

The most famous one ofcourse is reading Ayat Al Kursi in the night with sincerity and understanding, as the hadith mentions that Allah (swt) sends an angel to pretect that person until dawn

I'm guessing the angel is invisible.

There are two duas which ive tested and they seem to work brilliantly.

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الَّذِي لَا يَضُرُّ مَعَ اسْمِهِ شَيْءٌ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلَا فِي السَّمَاءِ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ

Bismillaahi alladhee Laa yahdurr ma`ismihi shay’un fi al-ardi walaa fi as-samaa’i wa huwa as-samee`u al-`aleem.

(In the name of Allah; with His name, nothing whatsoever on earth or heaven can inflict any
harm; He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing.)

3 times after fajr and maghrib salah

Uthman (R.A.) reported that Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W.) has said that (nothing will harm) the servant who recites these words three times every morning and evening.

And also

لا إلَهَ إلأَ اللّهُ وَحْدَهُ لا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَ لَهُ الْحَمْدُ، وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْ ءٍ قَدِيرٌ

"La illaha ilAllahu wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul Mulku, wa lahul Hamd, wa huwa 'ala kulli shay'in Qadeer"

(There is no deity but Allah alone. He has no Partner. Sovereignty and Grace are His and He is the Omnipotent)

100 times after fajr and maghrib salah

[al Bukhari 4:95, Muslim 4:2071]

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Whoever says “Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer” one hundred times in the day, will have a reward equivalent to that of freeing ten slaves, one hundred hasanahs (good deeds) will be recorded for him, and one hundred sayi’ahs (bad deeds) will be erased from his record, and it will be protection for him from the Shaytaan for that day, until evening comes. No one could achieve any better than him except the one who does more than he did.”

(narrated by al-Bukhaari, 31119; Muslim, 2691)

what i found is that read either of these duas with sincerity and trust in Allah (swt)

With dua 1. He (swt) places an invisible barrier barrier that physically prevents the jinn from touching you and nothing will hurt you the whole day.

So if a jinn tired to attack you it will find it cant get past the invisible bubble around you.

With dua 2. I dont think there is a physical protective bubble around you rather the jinns just say they cant attack you cos your protected. So wont waste their efforts trying.

Allah Knows Best
Very informative .Thanks bro , Jazakhallah Khyran

abu_musab461
02-07-2010, 09:11 PM
not bubble i ment to say protective force field... its a better description of it.

Salahudeen
02-07-2010, 09:38 PM
ya Abu Musab i've found when I read all the protective adkhaar my desires become much less and are easier to control. I feel more in control of myself if that makes sense. easier to obey Allah.

abu_musab461
02-09-2010, 02:04 PM
So the adkhaar bring three layers of benefit,

1. 100 good deeds

2. 100 bad deeds wiped away

3. and protect you from harm

On the last point... protection from harm and shaytan and thier influence too.

So the temptations to commit sins reduce.

The more you reject shaytan every time he tempts you and have taqwa of Allah the stronger you become...

Easy to sa hard to implement, but struggle we must if we want to enter Paradise.

Paradise is surrounded by difficulty and hardships while Hellfire is surrounded by evil sins, desires, lusts and temptations of all type.

May Allah make me and keep me strong and my brothers and sisters on this forum too and guide the non-muslims to the Truth ameeen

ps. Tahajjud is an excellent time to pray salah cos the shayteen cant/dont bother ppl as much during that time...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.