/* */

PDA

View Full Version : " O Mankind...."

Insaanah
01-29-2010, 08:02 PM
:sl:

I wanted to see what Allah had said or commanded in the "Yaa ayyuhannaasu" i.e. "O Mankind" verses, the verses where Allah addressed mankind directly. Although the whole Qur'an is for all mankind, there are certain verses that Allah actually began with "O Mankind". In some of the passages the address to mankind continues in the subsequent verses, though I have only put the first verses here. The translations of those verses are below - they make profound reading (as does the whole Qur'an). This is Allah's direct address to everyone.

2:21 O Mankind! Worship your Lord, Who created you and those who were before you, that you may ward off evil.

2:168. O Mankind! Eat of that which is lawful and good on the earth, and do not follow the footsteps of the Satan, for he is to you an open enemy.

4:1. O Mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him created his wife (Eve), and from them both spread many men and women; and fear Allah, through whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (heed the ties of) the wombs (kinship): Surely Allah ever watches over you.

4:170. O Mankind! The Messenger has come to you with the truth from your Lord. So believe in him, it is better for you. But if you disbelieve, still to Allah belong all things in the heavens and on earth: And Allah is All-knowing, All-wise.

4:174. O Mankind! There has come to you a proof from your Lord and We have sent down to you a clear light.

10:23. But when He delivers them (from the storm), behold! they rebel (disobey Allah) in the earth wrongfully. O Mankind! Your rebellion is only against your ownselves - a brief enjoyment of this worldly life, then (in the end) to Us is your return, and We will inform you of that which you used to do.

10:57 O Mankind! There has come to you an instruction from your Lord, a healing for the ailments of the hearts and a guidance and a mercy for those who believe.

22:1. O Mankind! Fear your Lord. Verily the earthquake of the Hour (of Judgment) will be a terrible thing.

22:5. O Mankind! If you are in doubt about the Resurrection, (consider) that We created you out of dust, then out of sperm, then out of a leech-like clot, then out of a morsel of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed, in order that We may manifest (Our power) to you; and We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do We bring you out as babes, then (foster you) that ye may reach your age of full strength; and some of you are called to die (young), and some are brought back to the feeblest old age, so that they know nothing after having known (much), and (further), you see the earth barren and lifeless, but when We pour down rain on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells, and it puts forth every kind of beautiful growth.

22:73. O Mankind! A parable is set forth, so listen to it. Those on whom you call besides Allah cannot create (even) a fly, even if they all met together for the purpose! And if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Powerless is the supplicant and powerless is he to whom he supplicates.

31:33. O Mankind! Keep your duty to your Lord, and fear a Day when no father will stand for his son, nor a child will stand for his father. Verily, the promise of Allah is true: let not then this present worldly life deceive you, nor let the chief Deceiver (satan) deceive you about Allah.

35:3. O Mankind! Call to mind the grace of Allah upon you! Is there a creator, other than Allah, to give you sustenance from heaven or earth? There is no god but He: how then are you deluded away from the Truth?

35:5. O Mankind! Certainly the promise of Allah is true. Let not then this present life deceive you, nor let the Chief Deceiver (Satan) deceive you about Allah.

35:15. O Mankind! It is you who stand in need of Allah. but Allah is the One Free of all wants, worthy of all praise.

49:13. O Mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. Verily Allah is All Knowing, All Aware.

And these are the verses where Allah orders the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to say certain things to people:

7:158. Say (O Muhammad): "O Mankind! I am sent unto you all, as the Messenger of Allah, to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: There is no god but He. It is He Who gives life and causes death. So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write, who believeth in Allah and His words: and follow him so that you may be guided."

10:104. Say (O Muhammad): "O Mankind! If ye are in doubt as to my religion, then (know that) I will never worship those whom you worship besides Allah. But I worship Allah Who will take your souls (at death) and I am commanded to be one of the believers.

10:108. Say (O Muhammad): "O Mankind! Now the truth has come to you from your Lord. So whosoever then follows the True Guidance does so for his own good; and whosoever goes astray does so to his own loss; and I am not (set) over you to arrange your affairs."

22:49. Say (O Muhammad): "O Mankind! I am (sent) to you only as a plain warner.

Wa man ahsanu minallaahi qeela..And Who is better than Allah in saying?

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misz_Muslimah
01-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Mashallahh :)
Beautiful thread..Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing sis :)
:wa:

brotherubaid
03-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Beautiful!

May Allah reward you

Man Ahsan Min Allah Qeela

Wa man Asdaq mi Allah hadeetha

I was recently gievn a book by the imam of the masjid , يا ايها الذين امنو

in it the author bring together all the ayaat starting with that.. nice read as well

tw009
03-16-2010, 04:06 PM
SubhanAllah!

great share!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.