/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy?

sabr*
01-30-2010, 06:26 AM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful[/CENTER]

اشْهَدُ انْ لّآ اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ وَ اَشْهَدُ اَنَّ مُحَمَّدً اعَبْدُه وَ رسوله

Ašh hadu al-lā ilāha illā-llāhu, wa
ašh hadu anna Muhammadun ‘abduhu wa rasūluhu
I bear witness that none is worthy of worship but Allah, the One alone, without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

What makes you happy on a daily basis?

Do you have a daily routine that assists you in achieving this happiness?

What keeps you from complaining about life's curve balls?

Does avoiding negative energy help and how?

When observing people who complain about everything do you use that to motivator to thank Allah for your baraka (Blessings)?

Surah Nahl 16:97

16:97 Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions.
(Y. Ali translation)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
01-30-2010, 07:21 AM
:sl:

Thanking Allah for making me a believer. It makes me shudder to think I could've been one the the misguided ones.:phew

Salah and Quran are constant reminders of how lucky believers are. Alhamdulillah.

I don't get what there is to complain about. Life isn't meant to be perfect, and all bad is from ourselves/for our own good. If life was perfect then what's the meaning of Paradise?

Well.. If we are fill ourselves with positive energy from dhikr/other ibadah etc then no amount of negative energy affects us. It can only do so if our own shield of positive energy is down.

When observing people who complain about everything do you use that to motivator to thank Allah for your baraka (Blessings)?
No, alhamdulillah, I don't need to see other people's lack of gratitude to remind me to thank my Lord. Astaghfirullah, seeing other people complain makes me angry (my worst trait imsad), especially when they blame Allah. :cry:

:wa:

Misz_Muslimah
01-30-2010, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

No, alhamdulillah, I don't need to see other people's lack of gratitude to remind me to thank my Lord. Astaghfirullah, seeing other people complain makes me angry (my worst trait imsad), especially when they blame Allah. :cry:

imsad imsad imsad imsad
Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing ..

Grofica
01-30-2010, 11:54 AM
I am thankful for my husband and for my job and i have some really good friends.

Not really i just wake up make coffee for my hubby and clean the house and then go to work.

this i am sometimes really bad about. but i am so happy i have a job that i like now. everytime i start to get upset about something i usually just remember the last place i worked and then i am happy all day.

i have some really good friends that i can talk to and usually we talk say what we got to say and then laugh about stupid stuff till we feel better.

everyone has something in their life. i mean i am thankful but i try and listen when someone just needs to get something off their chest.

and i am happy that people trust me enough to talk to me about problems they have.:embarrass

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
01-30-2010, 11:58 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by sabr62
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

that I am a believer and InshaAllah will die as a believer . Also , I am trying to increase my knowledge about Islam and share it with others. I read and translate daily to achieve that goal. I hope , Allah will accept my deeds and this thought makes me happy :)

yes , see above.

All the messengers of Allah ( may Allah be pleased with them ) went through many pains and sufferings. They showed patience and will get their rewards . So , if I can show patience , Allah will forgive my many sins and will give me rewards.

Complaining won't bring any good to me but reduce my rewards.

yes . Postive thinkings have a positive effect and will make u feel better . Prophet pbuh adviced us : if anyone asks how are you , say Alhamdulillah .

I know some persons if u ask them , how are you , they will give u a long list why life is miserable for them :(

yes . I feel pity for them who complain about life . Not only that , some even dare to say negative words about Allah , Astagferullah .

May Allah guide us all , Ameen.

Snowflake
01-30-2010, 01:59 PM
:sl: MashaAllah, I loved your answers sis Muslim Woman :)

Muslim Woman
01-30-2010, 03:44 PM

:sl: MashaAllah, I loved your answers sis Muslim Woman :)
:statisfie

Life_Is_Short
01-30-2010, 04:03 PM
I have never thought particularly about what makes me happy on a daily basis but i feel happy when i see people around me happy.

I don't particularly invest time into keeping myself happy, but rather i have intentions to improve my behaviour towards others each day so that Allah may be happy with me.

The countless blessings of Allah. imsad

Negative energy leads to internel regret and regret leads to sadness so to avoid regret and hence sadness i avoid things that permit negative energy.

No, i ask them to thank Allah for things they have. :hmm:

sabr*
01-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Well.. If we are fill ourselves with positive energy from dhikr/other ibadah etc then no amount of negative energy affects us. It can only do so if our own shield of positive energy is down.

اشْهَدُ انْ لّآ اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ وَ اَشْهَدُ اَنَّ مُحَمَّدً اعَبْدُه وَ رسوله

I bear witness that none is worthy of worship but Allah, the One alone, without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger

Ukhi Scents of Jannah:

Positive energy is so important. Thank you for sharing.

sabr*
01-30-2010, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
Everyone has something in their life. i mean i am thankful but i try and listen when someone just needs to get something off their chest.

I am happy that people trust me enough to talk to me about problems they have.:embarrass

Ukhi Grofica:

It appears that you assisting other people makes you happy. Alhamdulillah!

sabr*
01-30-2010, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

All the messengers of Allah ( may Allah be pleased with them ) went through many pains and sufferings. They showed patience and will get their rewards . So , if I can show patience , Allah will forgive my many sins and will give me rewards.

Ukhi Muslim Woman:

Reflecting upon the trials that the Nabiun it is incredible how easy we can forget that what we endure can never compare to what those before us have experienced.

Surah Baqarah 2:214

2:214 Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? they encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of Allah." Ah! Verily, the help of Allah is (always) near!
(Y. Ali translation)

sabr*
01-30-2010, 07:35 PM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

It would be wonderful to hear how our Muslim men view their happiness.

I truly believe there are more Muslims happy than those who may be depressed. Practicing Islam shouldn't make a person have a miserable existence. I wonder how much culture and finances play in a persons happiness.

sabr*
02-01-2010, 03:09 AM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

I'm I the only happy male Muslim on this forum?

syilla
02-01-2010, 05:29 AM
Not that i'm complaining... everything is good... life is good...

What is happiness...when there is so much to do :X :hiding:

And Alhamdulillah I'm happy

The remember of Allah and quran (Allah's promises)

My daily routine is a routine that i can't avoid...huhuhu. Of course it is the only way that can keep me still in control. Or my life will be in a mess...huhu

When no one feels like listening...huhu

What is negative energy?

sabr*
02-01-2010, 05:36 AM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Ukhi Syilla:

Thank you for you post.

sabr*
02-06-2010, 01:09 AM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Akhi Woodrow:

are you happy? And if so what makes you happy?

Woodrow
02-06-2010, 01:50 AM

First a person needs to understand what happiness is. It is not pleasure, it is not what others do for you and it does not depend upon enjoyment.

The first step to be happy is to want to be happy. Once you decide you want to be happy comes the task of removing that what makes you unhappy. It is not asking for something to make you happy as all of us were created happy, it is what we have done or not done that removed the happiness we were born with.

Allaah(swt) created us with happiness. It is our own sins that tear it away from us. A poverty stricken man, dieing of malnutrition in a charity hospital bed can be more happy than a rich healthy man living in a castle. Provided he keeps his heart with Allaah(swt) and hears each of his heart beats calling Allaah-Allaah-Allaah-Allaah-Allaah.

Pain, discomfort, trials, even hunger have no power over happiness, unless we let them.

Joy, pleasures, satisfaction have no power to bring happiness unless the way we attain them is a result of the happiness Allaah(swt) created us with.

سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

The knowledge that Allaah(swt) will remove the things that lead to unhappiness if I follow the road to please him.

No, I have a minute to minute routine of asking "this thing I am doing or about to do, will it remove my happiness or the happiness of others?"

That question is not understandable to me, I can not understand how something outside my control can bring me unhappiness. things can bring me pain, displeasure, sadness, or even anger. but, What power besides Allaah(swt) can rip happiness from me, unless I invite it to?

When we allow negative energy into our live, it dilutes our positie energy of happiness. Unhappiness is the strongest of negative energies and will negate the positive energy of happiness. Unhappiness takes many forms such as guilt, anger, hate, impatience, sin, lust, greed, envy, etc Keep those far away and recognize they are the negative energy of unhappiness

No, it motivates me to avoid their negative thoughts lest, they would cause me to forget to thank Allaah(swt) for the happiness he created me with.

16:97 Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions.
(Y. Ali translation)
And to try to achieve that, will teach us to hold fast to the happiness Allaah(swt) created us with and remind us it is too valuable of a gift to toss away, by failing to show our happiness through the deeds we do.

Now to answer you question: No I am not happy, or not as happy as I can become. I still have a fault that keeps me from having all of the happiness Allaah(swt) created me with and that fault is the knowledge I have not yet finished all Allaah(swt) has placed in front of me to do. full happiness will return to me when I know I have finished all I need to to do, to the best of my ability

sabr*
02-06-2010, 02:01 AM

Akhi Woodrow:

That was excellent. The thread was enhanced with your enlightenment.

Jazakillahu Khair

hanif_
02-08-2010, 02:35 PM

I am in agreement much of what Woodrow posted. But the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم‎ ) showed pleasure or happiness with a smile. There is nothing mechanical about Islam or the application of it. If the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم‎ ) was able to show displeasure in something he was able to show pleasure and happiness in something.

It isn't haram to be happy or show happiness. The cultural background of a person really plays a role in the way a person applies Islam. If you read many posts there are some depressed Muslims and it has nothing to do with Islam but their application and views.

sabr*
02-17-2010, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hanif_

I am in agreement much of what Woodrow posted. But the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم‎ ) showed pleasure or happiness with a smile. There is nothing mechanical about Islam or the application of it. If the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم‎ ) was able to show displeasure in something he was able to show pleasure and happiness in something.

It isn't haram to be happy or show happiness. The cultural background of a person really plays a role in the way a person applies Islam. If you read many posts there are some depressed Muslims and it has nothing to do with Islam but their application and views.

Akhi hanif_:

I am total agreement that Islam isn't mechanical. There are cultural influences that play a role in how Islam is practiced. When a Muslim actually implements Islam as a way of life it promotes a sense of happiness. The fighting of ones nafs are evident in the appearance of displeasure and unhappiness. A definite ongoing battle. Shaitan doesn't rest.

The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) Sunnah warns against being extreme in the practice of Islam. We are a middle nation.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 1:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

A group of three men came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet asking how the Prophet worshipped (Allah), and when they were informed about that, they considered their worship insufficient and said, "Where are we from the Prophet as his past and future sins have been forgiven." Then one of them said, "I will offer the prayer throughout the night forever." The other said, "I will fast throughout the year and will not break my fast." The third said, "I will keep away from the women and will not marry forever." Allah's Apostle came to them and said, "Are you the same people who said so-and-so? By Allah, I am more submissive to Allah and more afraid of Him than you; yet I fast and break my fast, I do sleep and I also marry women. So he who does not follow my tradition in religion, is not from me (not one of my followers)."

And the depressing attitudes can not be attributed to the following hadith because it refers to when someone commits a sin. Has nothing to do with not being content or happy with life.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 148:

Narrated 'Aisha:

Allah's Apostle said, "O followers of Muhammad! There is none, who has a greater sense of Ghira (self-respect) than Allah, so He has forbidden that His slave commits illegal sexual intercourse or His slave girl commits illegal sexual intercourse. O followers of Muhammad! If you but knew what I know, you would laugh less and weep more!"

sabr*
03-04-2010, 02:51 PM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Finding happiness in the joy of the faith of Islam and the promises of Allah by following his commandments.

Being hopeful in the promises of Allah is a characteristic of a practicing Muslim.

Surah Yusuf 12:87

87. "O my sons! Go you and enquire about Yûsuf (Joseph) and his brother, and never give up hope of Allâh's Mercy. Certainly no one despairs of Allâh's Mercy, except the people who disbelieve."
(Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan translation)

A practicing Muslim can have a pleasant disposition. The negative and stiff personalities are cultural and usually can be contributed to outside influences that have nothing to do with Islam.

Iman and Taqwa provides a practicing Muslims with relief and happiness.

Getoffmyback
03-04-2010, 03:56 PM
I was happy all the time doing anything but that was a long time ago . Now i just mind my own business its the best way for me to stay happy these days . My interest has changed . And i'm still trying to fit with practicing muslims but they are all followers of some feudal business man in a way or another and i can't stand it .

I love how my brother is living in the states exactly in sacramento . What the muslim community did there is real heroism they built a mosque and a school with their own money . No one got the credit for himself its for all. I really don't understand Why the huge difference between arab muslims living in arab countries and arab muslims living broad or in progressive countries.

PouringRain
03-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Am I happy? Always.

God. My children. Life and all that is in it.

No. I like routines, but life has been very un-routined for me over the past several years. One thing that I love to do, and is so peaceful, is when I spent time working in my garden. I enjoy talking to God in the garden.

I learned long ago to let go and let God. To give it all over to him and trust him. Trusting God is an ongoing process for me, as I like to solve everything on my own. I am so grateful that God is a patient teacher. :)

Holding on to pain and anger only harms me. Letting go gives me joy and freedom. God has promised he will take our burdens, and all I have to do it let him.

When bad comes our way, it is an opportunity for us to grow and learn.

Always. I think it is important to eliminate poisonous people and situations form our lives.

I do not need any motivation to thank God. When I am around people who constantly complain it grates on me inside like sandpaper. It is unpleasant to hear them. I wish they could learn to find joy and peace in their lives. I try and give them a positive word, but often it falls on deaf ears. I do not like to be around people like this, because it is very draining.

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

First a person needs to understand what happiness is. It is not pleasure, it is not what others do for you and it does not depend upon enjoyment.

The first step to be happy is to want to be happy. Once you decide you want to be happy comes the task of removing that what makes you unhappy. It is not asking for something to make you happy as all of us were created happy, it is what we have done or not done that removed the happiness we were born with.
Nice post, Woodrow. I tell my oldest son these things all the time. Every time he gets moody I make him say "Happiness is a choice. It is MY choice." An individual can not choose what others do to them, or what happens to them, but we can choose how we respond to situations. If someone is mean to us, we can choose to be miserable or we can choose to love them. Our responses are our choice.

I wonder how much culture and finances play in a persons happiness.
I don't think either of these plays a role. I think that temporarily these things can factor in. Who wouldn't be happy if they suddenly received a financial windfall? The question is: does that happiness last? Some of the most miserable people are some of the wealthiest. As far as culture goes, I don't believe happiness is culture dependent. I have seen people move cultures and still be miserable. I have seen people who can be happy living in any culture.

¤ ιмαи ¤
04-03-2010, 05:33 AM
Listening to Qur'an :)

Nope <_<

Knowing that Allah is always by my side

Yes it does. Not sure why though

Yes. I am always thanking Allah for everything. Alhamdulillah

CosmicPathos
04-03-2010, 05:40 AM
I do not think life was meant to be happy. So when I hear constantly in Khutbas the call to "happiness," I feel a bit out of place. Why would people seek happiness? There is no happiness in worldly life. There is contentment, and that is due to tawakkul on Allah. How can I be happy when thousands of humans die every day due to disease, old age, cancer, bombs etc? Does it befit me to have a smile on my face when another member of my species is drowning in suffering bodily pain somewhere on this planet called Earth? I only feel sadness and eventually contentment that Allah has willed it so i.e. the suffering. There is no happiness except in Jannah upon seeing the Face of Allah.

Alpha Dude
04-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Good post, mad_scientist. I was going to post something along the very same lines.

sabr*
06-22-2010, 01:22 PM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Surah Ra'd

الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُم بِذِكْرِ اللّهِ أَلاَ بِذِكْرِ اللّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ (13:28)

13:28 "Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah. for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction. (Y. Ali translation)

Happiness is not a foreign concept in Islam. Just in people with a lack of understanding on the role of happiness within Islam. No matter how many ayat are presented if a person was nurtured with fatalistic views nothing with convince them of how Allah provides comfort and happiness in the heart.

Very grateful to Allah for creating me and allowing me the opportunity to show my gratitude.

Surah Insan

فَوَقَاهُمُ اللَّهُ شَرَّ ذَلِكَ الْيَوْمِ وَلَقَّاهُمْ نَضْرَةً وَسُرُورًا (76:11)

76:11 But Allah will deliver them from the evil of that Day, and will shed over them a Light of Beauty and (blissful) Joy. (Y. Ali translation)

Life is great and I perform Du'a Allah will reward me with something much better in the hereafter.

Muslimeen
06-22-2010, 01:33 PM
I believe happiness is a state of mind. You can choose to be happy or sad. Either moan about all the problems in your life or go out there and concentrate on the positives. It can become difficult at times, especiallay when it seems like everything is against you, but if you focus on the positives, you soon start to feel more comfortable.

Candle
06-22-2010, 03:57 PM
My first cup of coffee in the morning. Staying busy throughout the day. Listening to music and reading late at night. :D

I like to go to the gym in the morning, read the Qur'an at night and probably a billion other tiny routines throughout the day.

I remember that life is a roller coaster, an adventure. I'm here to experience it all, both the highs and the lows.

Yes. I need to feel like I'm doing something, otherwise I'll get a case of the negatives. <__<

Hm, I'm not necessarily at that point yet. But it does remind me to watch the words that leave my mouth. I think being pleasant and polite is a very strong virtue.

sabr*
06-23-2010, 11:27 PM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Candle:

Thank you for your positive reply.

Your comment:

Candle: Hm, I'm not necessarily at that point yet. But it does remind me to watch the words that leave my mouth. I think being pleasant and polite is a very strong virtue.
Very important!

glo
07-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Being aware of the many blessings in my life - my faith; friends and family; health; our material needs being met; my ability to provide and care for my family etc, etc

Making time for prayer and reflection.
I try to go out for a walk during my lunch break to pray and reflect on God's gifts for us all.

Trying to catch those negative thoughts and turning them into positive thoughts ... again and again and again ... until the negative thoughts have faded away.

I am not sure what you mean by 'negative energy', but I try to avoid negative thoughts and attitudes.
I believe negative feelings such as anger, hatred and bitterness are very harmful indeed - and that they harm not only those the emotions are directed against, but also those who are feeling the emotion themselves.
I believe that God instructs us to love - and that love created more love and harmony.

Not really.
I rather wish other people would learn to see the good things in life, rather than spend their lives in misery and discontent.

(Y. Ali translation)
Nice surah :)

sabr*
07-06-2010, 08:14 PM
As-Salāmu (السلا م):

glo

Peace be upon you:

The explaination of the negative energy doesn't require elaboration. Everyone sees it differently. The solution is to extinguish anything negative with the positive.

Some are attracted to everything negative. Negative responses, negative thoughts, negative views, etc.

Being positive and happy is a choice.

sabr*
07-16-2010, 12:06 AM

Do you have the ability to smile?

Here is the story of an Imam who got up after Friday prayers and announced to the people:

"I have good news and bad news. The good news is, we have enough money to pay for our new building program.

The bad news is, it's still out there in your pockets.

Jazakumullahu Khair. "

Ramadhan
07-16-2010, 03:14 AM
^ LOL!
quite inventive!

;D

sabr*
07-17-2010, 01:57 AM

An elderly woman came to a Sheikh with a request: “Pray to Allah for me, that I may enter heaven.”

The Sheikh replied: “There will be no old women in heaven.”

Bursting into tears, she left the room.

The Sheikh asked his assistant to run after her so he can finish his statement:

“Because old women will be made young again.”

Alhamdulillah

sabr*
07-27-2010, 01:43 PM

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 114:

Narrated 'Aisha:

I never saw the Prophet laughing to an extent that one could see his palate, but he always used to smile only.

aadil77
07-27-2010, 06:22 PM
^Akhi can you also find the hadith when the prophet says; if you knew what I know then you would laugh less and cry more

something like that

Snowflake
07-27-2010, 06:26 PM

An elderly woman came to a Sheikh with a request: “Pray to Allah for me, that I may enter heaven.”

The Sheikh replied: “There will be no old women in heaven.”

Bursting into tears, she left the room.

The Sheikh asked his assistant to run after her so he can finish his statement:

“Because old women will be made young again.”

Alhamdulillah
It wasn't a shaykh brother, it was our blessed prophet (saw) who joked like that with the old woman.

sabr*
07-27-2010, 11:42 PM
It wasn't a shaykh brother, it was our blessed prophet (saw) who joked like that with the old woman.

Scents of Jannah:

Because it was a reference in jest that can't be attributed to the Nabi Muhammad ( صلى الله عليه و سلم ) from authentic Sahih or Sira I used Shaikh. If you are able to provide an authentic source we will change it. We only attribute events when they can be established with Dalil (Evidence) from Quran and Sunnah.

Jazakumullahu Khair

sabr*
07-27-2010, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
^Akhi can you also find the hadith when the prophet says; if you knew what I know then you would laugh less and cry more

something like that

aadil77:

That is in the book of Oaths and Vows in Sahih Bukhari and refers to one not breaking and violating their oath or vows.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 78, Number 627:

Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet said, "O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

Jazakumullahu Khair

sabr*
08-03-2010, 10:59 PM

What has tree horns and gives milk?

(Answer backwards)

car a driving cow A

sabr*
08-03-2010, 11:01 PM

What happens when you go inside with a snowsuit on?

(Answer backwards)

.melts It

sabr*
08-04-2010, 12:22 PM

Why couldn't the Skeleton go out to the Masjid?

(Answer backwards)

.with go to Body no had He

sabr*
08-04-2010, 12:27 PM

What kind of clothes do frogs wear?

(Answer really backwards because one word answer)

.stiuspmuJ

sabr*
08-04-2010, 12:30 PM

What is a Cat's favorite Dessert?

(Answer backwards)

.Meow'd La A Pie

sabr*
08-10-2010, 12:10 AM

Does science support benefits to maintaining a happy disposition. Unhappiness is stress that leads to strokes, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc. So having a happy foundation can have an opposite effect.

What is the scientific evidence to support a state of happiness over a constant state of unhappiness and a persons reason to export it to others. (Your research would be appreciated)

Nine solid tips that lead to maintaining happiness

1. Understand what it is that will make you happy. Everyone has unique requirements for attaining happiness and what makes one person happy may be very different from what makes someone else happy. Revel in your individuality and do not worry about whether or not your desires are comparable to those of your peers.

2. Make a plan for attaining goals that you believe will make you happy. Your mood will very likely increase as your pursue your goal because you will feel better about yourself for going after something you value.

3. Surround yourself with happy people. It is easy to begin to think negatively when you are surrounded by people who think that way. Conversely, if you are around people who are happy their emotional state will be infectious.

4. When something goes wrong try to figure out a solution instead of wallowing in self pity. Truly happy people don’t allow set backs to affect their mood because they know that with a little thought they can turn the circumstances back to their favor.

5. Spend a few minutes each day thinking about the things that make you happy. These few minutes will give you the opportunity to focus on the positive things in your life and will lead you to continued happiness.

6. It’s also important to take some time each day to do something nice for yourself. Whether you treat yourself to lunch, take a long, relaxing bath or simply spend a few extra minutes on your appearance you will be subconsciously putting yourself in a better mood.

7. Finding the humor in situations can also lead to happiness. While there are times that require you to be serious, when it is appropriate, find a way to make light of a situation that would otherwise make you unhappy.

8. Maintaining your health is another way to achieve happiness. Being overweight or not eating nutritious foods can have a negative effect on your mood. Additionally, exercise has been known to release endorphins that give you a feeling of happiness.

9. Finally, it is important to understand that you deserve happiness. Those who believe that they are not worthy of happiness may subconsciously sabotage their efforts to achieve happiness. If necessary, tell yourself each day that you deserve to be happy and remind yourself what steps you will take to achieve the happiness you desire.

sabr*
09-17-2010, 01:04 AM

'The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.'

sabr*
09-17-2010, 01:06 AM

'A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

Amoeba
10-03-2010, 10:33 AM
wa alaykum asalam,

Taking one day at a time, not letting myself get worked up over things I can't control and being aware it's not me in control - it's Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) who is in control. A source of unhappiness for me in the past was feeling lack of control, but it was the very fact I was seeking to control my life that was making me unhappy. Now knowing Allah is in control I feel much more at ease. What also makes me happy is that inshallah I am learning to be grateful, something I haven't been able to do before.

I don't have a routine yet, I'm hoping inshallah once I have learned how to pray independently that I might have more of a routine that fits around prayers. For now I just take things as they are given to me.

Just telling myself "shut up you've no right to complain" lol! I mean the pain and distress I feel may hurt a lot from my perspective now, but in the bigger picture it is nothing.

YES! I need to stay away from negative people most of the time, when I can that is (can't most of the time). Or when people are in negative moods I just need to detach myself and walk away. I'm not strong enough to endure it without becoming negative myself. I grew up around negative people and grew up as a negative bratty child but alhamdulilah I have become more critical of myself and my negative aspects and seek to remedy them.

I can't say I've ever thought about it. All I get is an urge to scold those people. But I often bite my tongue in case I'm unaware of being a hypocrite (dunno if that's an irrational anxiety).

Hassan C
10-03-2010, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*

Does science support benefits to maintaining a happy disposition. Unhappiness is stress that leads to strokes, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc. So having a happy foundation can have an opposite effect.

What is the scientific evidence to support a state of happiness over a constant state of unhappiness and a persons reason to export it to others. (Your research would be appreciated)

Nine solid tips that lead to maintaining happiness

1. Understand what it is that will make you happy. Everyone has unique requirements for attaining happiness and what makes one person happy may be very different from what makes someone else happy. Revel in your individuality and do not worry about whether or not your desires are comparable to those of your peers.

2. Make a plan for attaining goals that you believe will make you happy. Your mood will very likely increase as your pursue your goal because you will feel better about yourself for going after something you value.

3. Surround yourself with happy people. It is easy to begin to think negatively when you are surrounded by people who think that way. Conversely, if you are around people who are happy their emotional state will be infectious.

4. When something goes wrong try to figure out a solution instead of wallowing in self pity. Truly happy people don’t allow set backs to affect their mood because they know that with a little thought they can turn the circumstances back to their favor.

5. Spend a few minutes each day thinking about the things that make you happy. These few minutes will give you the opportunity to focus on the positive things in your life and will lead you to continued happiness.

6. It’s also important to take some time each day to do something nice for yourself. Whether you treat yourself to lunch, take a long, relaxing bath or simply spend a few extra minutes on your appearance you will be subconsciously putting yourself in a better mood.

7. Finding the humor in situations can also lead to happiness. While there are times that require you to be serious, when it is appropriate, find a way to make light of a situation that would otherwise make you unhappy.

8. Maintaining your health is another way to achieve happiness. Being overweight or not eating nutritious foods can have a negative effect on your mood. Additionally, exercise has been known to release endorphins that give you a feeling of happiness.

9. Finally, it is important to understand that you deserve happiness. Those who believe that they are not worthy of happiness may subconsciously sabotage their efforts to achieve happiness. If necessary, tell yourself each day that you deserve to be happy and remind yourself what steps you will take to achieve the happiness you desire.

Thanks for posting this - it's very helpful :)

sabr*
10-21-2010, 07:41 PM

Happiness is considered a positive emotion. Is sadness considered the negative emotion?

Are you equipped with the positive emotion?

serena77
10-21-2010, 09:33 PM
reading /studying ... often about islam but other things as well. I love to be learning.
oh and going to the gym.

The countless hours i spend online looking up new things... being on this wonderful forum ( thank God (swt) for Google ) i never would have found the site w/o it. - or maybe i would have still -
i try and go to the gym most days after work.. depends on my health ad that of my gym partner she is a little older w/ some health issues

sometimes honestly i spend too much time ducking to complain. sometimes... wearing myself out at the gym to the point where i'm lucky i can drive home.

yes ... I think it does... I tend to feel whats around me very strongly and while i know that only you can make the choice to feel bad or negative or what have you.. too much negative energy wears me out

I often do use that time to thank Him (swt) ... I am lucky in many ways, and i'm lucky enough to know that.

Peace be to all
Serena

sabr*
10-25-2010, 06:59 PM

Can you smile?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D00MFr_I7EM

S.Belle
10-30-2010, 04:17 AM
What keeps you from complaining about life's curve balls? Does avoiding negative energy help and how?
1. Seeing the people I love and how happy they are
2. Not really...just live life
3. I try to assume that there is someone who is in a worst position than I am and try to consider myself lucky. Yes because if you surround yourself with positivity it tends to rub off on you.
4. I actually ignore people who complain about everything because it irritates me hearing someone complain consistently

sabr*
11-08-2010, 11:28 PM

If others can make us upset and mad how do we allow others to make us happy.

The majority of time it appears we allow the negative to effect our lives more than the positives.

Surah Al ' Imran 3:132-134
132. And obey Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad

) that you may obtain mercy.

133. And march forth in the way (which leads to) forgiveness from your Lord, and for Paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2).

134. Those who spend [in Allah's Cause - deeds of charity, alms, etc.] in prosperity and in adversity, who repress anger, and who pardon men; verily, Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (the good-doers).

sabr*
12-07-2010, 11:48 PM

The true benefit of applying Islam provides peace and happiness. When one feels distress and despair there is something else preventing the benefits from being embraced.

Surah TA HA 20:2-3

2. We have not sent down the Qur'an unto you (O Muhammad

) to cause you distress,
3. But only as a Reminder to those who fear (Allah).

Perseveranze
12-08-2010, 12:28 AM
"Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous. "- 2:177

Reading the Quran atm(upto the verse above), amazing what others say is true, reading the Quran does make you feel peace at heart. Like a miracle in itself.

أحمد
12-08-2010, 10:54 PM

The blessings of happiness and sorrow; both are from Allah.

Quran, 53:38-43

That no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another
And that there is not for man except that [good] for which he strives
And that his effort is going to be seen -
Then he will be recompensed for it with the fullest recompense
And that to your Lord is the finality
And that it is He who makes [one] laugh and weep

sabr*
12-17-2010, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by أحمد

The blessings of happiness and sorrow; both are from Allah.

Quran, 15:38-43

أحمد

Surah Al-Hijr 15:38-43 that you cited can you explain how you related that to happiness?

The ayah refers to the punishment of those who follow Shaitan. Read three different commentaries at the ayah and still didn't link the ayah with happiness. It refers to nothing but sorrow.

أحمد
12-17-2010, 07:54 PM

أحمد

Surah Al-Hijr 15:38-43 that you cited can you explain how you related that to happiness?

The ayah refers to the punishment of those who follow Shaitan. Read three different commentaries at the ayah and still didn't link the ayah with happiness. It refers to nothing but sorrow.
There was a typing mistake; the "15" is now corrected to "53". Its good you pointed it out, otherwise- its been like that for a week.

جزاك الله خيرا

sabr*
12-18-2010, 04:13 AM

Surah An Najm 53:

38. That no burdened person (with sins) shall bear the burden (sins) of another.
39. And that man can have nothing but what he does (good or bad) ,
40. And that his deeds will be seen,
41. Then he will be recompensed with a full and the best recompense
42. And that to your Lord (Allah) is the End (Return of everything).
43. And that it is He (Allah) Who makes (whom He wills) laugh, and makes (whom He wills) weep; (Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan translation)

Woodrow
12-18-2010, 12:32 PM
I think it is not a question of a person needing to do something to find happiness it is more they need to stop doing the things that remove happiness. Happiness is our natural state. We loose it when we think we need to find pleasures and ease in life. All too often we go chasing after things we think will make us happy only to find after we get them they bring unhappiness.

sabr*
12-27-2010, 09:57 PM

Surah Mai'da 5:16

سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

يَهْدِي بِهِ اللّهُ مَنِ اتَّبَعَ رِضْوَانَهُ سُبُلَ السَّلاَمِ وَيُخْرِجُهُم مِّنِ الظُّلُمَاتِ إِلَى النُّورِ بِإِذْنِهِ وَيَهْدِيهِمْ إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ (5:16)

Yahdee bihi Allahu mani ittabaAAa ridwanahu subula alssalami wayukhrijuhum mina alththulumati ila alnnoori biithnihi wayahdeehim ila siratin mustaqeemin

5:16 Wherewith Allah guideth all who seek His good pleasure to ways of peace and safety, and leadeth them out of darkness, by His will, unto the light,- guideth them to a path that is straight. (Yusuf Ali translation)

sabr*
02-09-2011, 09:21 PM

Surah Yunus 10:62-64
أَلا إِنَّ أَوْلِيَاء اللّهِ لاَ خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ (10:62)
Ala inna awliyaa Allahi la khawfun AAalayhim wala hum yahzanoona

10:62 (Y. Ali) Behold! verily on the friends of Allah there is no fear, nor shall they grieve;
الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَكَانُواْ يَتَّقُونَ (10:63)
Allatheena amanoo wakanoo yattaqoona

10:63 (Y. Ali) Those who believe and (constantly) guard against evil;-
لَهُمُ الْبُشْرَى فِي الْحَياةِ الدُّنْيَا وَفِي الآخِرَةِ لاَ تَبْدِيلَ لِكَلِمَاتِ اللّهِ ذَلِكَ هُوَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ (10:64)
Lahumu albushra fee alhayati alddunya wafee alakhirati la tabdeela likalimati Allahi thalika huwa alfawzu alAAatheemu

10:64 (Y. Ali) For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity.

sabr*
03-08-2011, 03:41 AM

We without any doubt acknowledge that the source of any happiness comes from Allah. The following are some suggested ways to maintain that happy process.

1. Be optimistic. In the 1970s, researchers followed people who'd won the lottery and found that a year after they'd hit the jackpot, they were no happier than the people who didn't. They called it hedonic adaptation, which suggests that we each have a baseline level of happiness. No matter what happens, good or bad, the effect on our happiness is only temporary and we tend to rebound to our baseline level. Some people have a higher baseline happiness level than others, and that can be attributed in part to genetics, but it's also largely influenced by how you think. So while the remainder of this article will help boost your happiness, only improving your attitude towards life will increase your happiness permanently.

2. Follow your gut. In one study, two groups of people were asked to pick out a poster to take home. One group was asked to analyze their decision carefully, weighing the pros and cons, and the other group was told to listen to their gut. Two weeks later, the group that followed their gut was happier with their posters than the group that analyzed their decisions. Now, some of our decisions are more crucial than picking out posters, but by the time you're poring over your choice, the options you're weighing are probably very similar, and the difference will only temporarily affect your happiness. So next time you have a decision to make, and you're down to two or three options, just pick the one that feels right, and go with it. Never regret the decisions you make though. Just live by the 3 C's of life: choices chances, and changes. You need to make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.

3. Make enough money to meet your basic needs: food, shelter, and clothing. In the US, that magic number is $40,000 a year. Any money you make beyond that will not necessarily make you happier. Remember the lottery winners mentioned earlier? Oodles of money didn't make them any happier. Once you make enough money to support your basic needs, your happiness is not significantly affected by how much money you make, but by your level of optimism.

• Your comfort may increase with your salary, but comfort isn't what makes people happy. It makes people bored. That's why it's important to push beyond your comfort zone to fuel your growth as a person.
4. Stay close to friends and family. (Muslims) Or move to where other members are- so you can see them more. We live in a mobile society, where people follow jobs around the country and sometimes around the world. We do this because we think increases in salary will make us happier, but the fact is that our relationships with our friends and family have a far greater impact on our happiness than our jobs do. So next time you think about relocating, consider that you'd need a salary increase of over $100,000 USD to compensate for the loss of happiness you'd have from moving away from your friends and family. But if your relationships with your family and friends are unhealthy or nonexistent, and you are bent on moving, choose a location where you'll be making about the same amount of money as everyone else; according to research, people feel more financially secure (and happier) when they're on similar financial footing as the people around them, regardless of what that footing is.

5. Find happiness in the job you have now. Many people expect the right job or the right career to dramatically change their level of happiness, but happiness research makes it clear that your level of optimism and the quality of your relationships eclipse the satisfaction you gain from your job. If you have a positive outlook, you will make the best of any job, and if you have good relationships with people, you won't depend on your job to give your life a greater sense of meaning. You'll find it in your interactions with the people you care about. Now that doesn't mean you shouldn't aspire towards a job that will make you happier; it means you should understand that the capacity of your job to make you happy is quite small in comparison to your outlook on life and your relationships with people.

6. Smile. Science suggests that when you smile, whether you feel happy or not, your mood will be elevated. So smile all the time! In addition having enough money to pay the bills allows you to focus your energies on more productive aspects of your life, such a the pursuit of happiness as opposed to keeping the 'wolves from the door'.

7. Forgive. In a study of college students, it was found that an attitude of forgiveness contributed to better cardiovascular health. You could say that forgiveness literally heals your heart. While it is unknown how forgiveness directly affects your heart, the study suggests that it may lower the perception of stress.

8. Make friends in Masjid. In a 2010 study by Harvard researchers published in the journal American Sociological Review, it was discovered that people who went to place of worship regularly reported greater life satisfaction than those who didn't. The critical factor was the quality of friendships made at a place of worship. People who went to a place of worship and didn't have any close friends there were no happier than people who never went to a place of worship. When the researchers compared people who had the same number of close friends, the ones who had close friends from place of worship were more satisfied with their lives. It's thought that the forming of friendships based on mutual interests and beliefs (and meeting consistently based on that mutual bond) is what makes the difference, so if a place of worship itself is not your thing, consider finding something else you're deeply passionate about and making friends who you can connect with regularly based on that.

Note:
  • If you are constantly unhappy or depressed, seek professional help.
  • Happy people are not happy all the time. Everyone has times when they feel sad, frustrated, guilty, angry and so on. Happy people are just better at bouncing back to a state of contentedness. We may all feel negative at some moment in our lives, but try to bounce back and live in the moment, and be content with everything you do.

sabr*
04-18-2011, 11:37 PM

What made you happy today? Expound! Exercise your mind. Be creative. A paragraph....

Woodrow
04-20-2011, 01:29 AM

What made you happy today? Expound! Exercise your mind. Be creative. A paragraph....

Not long back we had lost all of our horses. Some had been shot and the rest had been stolen. We recovered 11 of the horses that had been stolen. All of the mares were pregnant. Today we came across something that made us very happy.

We have not named her yet, But Allaah(swt) is truly returning that which was lost.

SlaveOfGod
04-20-2011, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by
Alhamdulillah I am generally a happy person :)

Having a shower, going for a run or listening to Qur'an helps calm me down when I'm miserable.

I am better of than most people Alhamdulillah. I have nothing significant to complain about.

Well if its a gloomy occasion you can't really go sporting a smile, I think negative energy is a good wake up call and it automatically makes me think of inalillahi wa inna3layhi raji3on.

People who complain regularly have no right to complain. That's generally how I feel according to people around me

sabr*
04-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Not long back we had lost all of our horses. Some had been shot and the rest had been stolen. We recovered 11 of the horses that had been stolen. All of the mares were pregnant. Today we came across something that made us very happy.

We have not named her yet, But Allaah(swt) is truly returning that which was lost.

Akhi Woodrow:

Alhamdulillah! Allah is merciful. Always replacing in abundance.

sabr*
06-02-2011, 06:35 AM

Who Am I?
06-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Am I happy? Not totally.

Am I happier than I was yesterday? Yeah, a little.

Maybe I'll get there one day soon...

Haya emaan
06-05-2011, 06:54 PM
a thought that Allah is with me...and after that there are uncountable blessings of Allah on me that makes me happy on daily basis...

no i don't have any.
i think i don't need to do efforts to make me happy Alhamdulillah.. little things in everyday life can easily make me happy

when i face a single thorn( in my life i remember those flowers(blessings of Allah) spread all round me..

such things are very irritating to me that why are they doing so.. i feel like going to them and reminding them the list of things they have on which they can thanks Allah

sabr*
06-06-2011, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya

a thought that Allah is with me...and after that there are uncountable blessings of Allah on me that makes me happy on daily basis...

no i don't have any.
i think i don't need to do efforts to make me happy Alhamdulillah.. little things in everyday life can easily make me happy

when i face a single thorn( in my life i remember those flowers(blessings of Allah) spread all round me..

such things are very irritating to me that why are they doing so.. i feel like going to them and reminding them the list of things they have on which they can thanks Allah

Ukhti muslima haya:

your post contributed to enhancing this positive thread.

Jazakumullahu Khair

sabr*
06-09-2011, 11:12 PM

Everyone isn't born with a positive disposition. But humans have the ability to learn and incorporate behavior that changes their thought.

If a person is nurtured in a household of strife, conflict, arguing, emotional abuse, lack of
love, repression, rejection, misogyny, to list a few can expect a lifetime of negative
thoughts which was a learned behavior. This behavior can be changed to positive with
effort and action.

Applying a pessimistic view on every situation verses the blessings that Allah has entrusted his Vicegerents.

Everyone review their last ten posts. Do we have one positive post that encourages, educates, uplifts, supports, etc. This self reflection applies to all forum members.
(Including us)

Allah is the source of true happiness. And if a person is constantly unhappy how close
are they to the true application of Islam?

The growth and development of your soul will determine your degree of happiness.

Ar-Ra'd (The Thunder) 13:28

الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُم بِذِكْرِ اللّهِ أَلاَ بِذِكْرِ اللّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ (13:28)

Allatheena amanoo watatmainnu quloobuhum bithikri Allahi ala bithikri Allahi tatmainnu alquloobu

13:28 (Y. Ali) "Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah. for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.

Jazakumullahu Khair

sabr*
06-09-2011, 11:29 PM

Yunus (Jonah) 10:57

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ قَدْ جَاءتْكُم مَّوْعِظَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ وَشِفَاء لِّمَا فِي الصُّدُورِ وَهُدًى وَرَحْمَةٌ لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ (10:57)

Ya ayyuha alnnasu qad jaatkum mawAAithatun min rabbikum washifaon lima fee alssudoori wahudan warahmatun lilmumineena

10:57 (Y. Ali) O mankind! there hath come to you a direction from your Lord and a healing for the (diseases) in your hearts,- and for those who believe, a guidance and a Mercy.

sabr*
06-09-2011, 11:31 PM

Al-Isra (The Journey by Night) 17:82

وَنُنَزِّلُ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ مَا هُوَ شِفَاء وَرَحْمَةٌ لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَلاَ يَزِيدُ الظَّالِمِينَ إَلاَّ خَسَارًا (17:82)
Wanunazzilu mina alqurani ma huwa shifaon warahmatun lilmumineena wala yazeedu alththalimeena illa khasaran

17:82 (Y. Ali) We send down (stage by stage) in the Qur'an that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe: to the unjust it causes nothing but loss after loss.

Getoffmyback
06-10-2011, 09:05 PM
@saber you are So mean . You can't treat people like this . I think you are miss quoting the quran . Don't do it anymore. Cos in this verse the quran is speaking about the tyrants.

Getoffmyback
06-10-2011, 09:32 PM
@saber you're showing off topic!

Danah
06-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Doing all the things I am supposed to do on a daily basis make me satisfied and happy that I am a productive person with ambitions who is aiming to reach a specific goal in life.

yea, Alhumdulilah

my belief that Allah is always there for me and that there is a wisdom behind whatever difficulty I have been put through

yea, it keeps me feel positive and that I can achieve more than what I can imagine

sure

Flame of Hope
06-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Walaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

Thinking about the mercy of Allah and the countless blessings He has bestowed upon me.

Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen! :statisfie

The five daily prayers, dhikr Allah, thanking Allah for all that I have and seeing Allah's signature imprinted in all things.

Complaints? I don't know the meaning of that word. lol. I see good in everything, especially life's curve balls. They are the best of the lot actually. :wub:

Sure. Leaving the room when I am angry, going off for a walk to cool down are great ways to avoid negative energy. And when I realize that I am getting angry, I seek refuge in Allah from shaytan.

Yes, I thank Allah for blessing me with knowledge and I pray to Him that He will guide others and give them knowledge the way He has given me.

Jazakallah khair brother sabr for these wonderful questions.

Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

sabr*
06-13-2011, 05:03 AM

Ukhti Danah:

Alhamdulillah! For your positive contribution to this thread. Your post has enhanced this
thread.

sabr*
06-13-2011, 05:05 AM

Akhi Flame:

Alhamdulillah! For your positive contribution to this thread. Your post has enhanced this
thread.

Who Am I?
06-13-2011, 02:43 PM
I feel more at peace since I took shahada, but sometimes I still have moments of doubt. Today especially, Shaytan is in my face and I'm struggling with everything today. I'm tired and lonely, but I know that this too shall pass. I just need to regroup and clear my head and I'll be alright, inshallah.

Endymion
06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
I am so happy today because my sis-in-law bring 3 volumes of Bokharee for me Alhamdulillah :statisfie May He SWT bless her with the best of Dunyah and Aakhirah.Amen :statisfie

sabr*
06-14-2011, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I am so happy today because my sis-in-law bring 3 volumes of Bokharee for me Alhamdulillah :statisfie May He SWT bless her with the best of Dunyah and Aakhirah.Amen :statisfie

Alhamdulillah!

Ukhti Endymion does the edition have tafsir (commentary) ?

Endymion
06-14-2011, 08:23 PM

Alhamdulillah!

Ukhti Endymion does the edition have tafsir (commentary) ?
Walekum Assalam My Respected Brother :statisfie

Yup,this edition have tafsir,made it easy to understand.Alhamdulillah :statisfie

sabr*
06-21-2011, 11:41 PM

What contributed to your happiness today?

Haya emaan
06-23-2011, 07:35 AM
i m happy today because my vacations have started and Allah has given me so much time so that i can complete all my pending works ALHAMDULILAH

sabr*
06-23-2011, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
i m happy today because my vacations have started and Allah has given me so much time so that i can complete all my pending works ALHAMDULILAH

Ukhti muslima haya:

Alhamdulillah! your post has enhanced the thread.

Pure Purple
06-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Spending Time with my family makes me happy.Sharing my views and cracking jokes with my siblings.I am very free with them.
I cant avoid I just start crying.Then my mother used to give me some advice.seeing my facial expression she always recognize somthing going wrong with me.
Some times.

sabr*
06-23-2011, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rahila
Spending Time with my family makes me happy.Sharing my views and cracking jokes with my siblings.I am very free with them.

I cant avoid I just start crying.Then my mother used to give me some advice.seeing my facial expression she always recognize somthing going wrong with me.

Some times.

Ukhti Rahila:

Alhamdulillah! your post has enhanced the thread.

Endymion
06-25-2011, 04:53 PM
I am sooooooo happy today yaaay.......... :D

Today after my eye check up,doctor told me that my eye sight is getting better and my cylindrical number decrease from 0.75 to o.50 Yupppieeeeeeee :alright::bravo::awesome:

If you also want to make your eye sight better,do what i do.Recite Duaa Al-Noor before Fajar salah and you will get amazing results :statisfie :happy::Crescent:

Me Rock yayyy :rock:

Haya emaan
06-25-2011, 05:38 PM
^SUBHANALLAH!! happy to hear that...
in the morning i was feeling like my numbers have increased.. i should have a check up for that..

Innocent Soul
06-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Praying, being with my family and friends. Thanking Allah for what I have and what I am.

Alhamdulillah I have a daily routine but sometimes I don't follow it.

Seeing the positive side of hardships. I really feel good when the hardships are over and become really close to Allah.

Yeah, we always have a choice to accept what's going on and to see the positive side. The other choice is complaining about it. I feel really blessed when I see the positive side of life.

We all should think they ignorant and we also sin sometimes we start criticizing someone. If one want to do anything she should go to the ignorant person and at least try to stop him from complaining. Alhumdulillah I thank Allah for the knowledge which I have.

Recite Duaa Al-Noor
Could please tell me that dua.

Pure Purple
06-26-2011, 05:55 AM
What contributed to your happiness today?
Today I am happy because today I am going to start wearing the hijab. I know I started very late. Till now was only wearing a scarf. I am happy and exicited.

sabr*
06-26-2011, 10:54 PM
I am sooooooo happy today yaaay.......... :D

Today after my eye check up,doctor told me that my eye sight is getting better and my cylindrical number decrease from 0.75 to o.50 Yupppieeeeeeee :alright::bravo::awesome:

If you also want to make your eye sight better,do what i do.Recite Duaa Al-Noor before Fajar salah and you will get amazing results :statisfie :happy::Crescent:

Me Rock yayyy :rock:

Ukhti Endymion:

Alhamdulillah! Great news

sabr*
06-26-2011, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rahila
Today I am happy because today I am going to start wearing the hijab. I know I started very late. Till now was only wearing a scarf. I am happy and exicited.

Ukhti Rahila:

The objective is fulfilled. Live in the moment. You are doing great! Positive encouragement is the only spirit you need to accept.

sabr*
07-15-2011, 12:40 PM

This is a Joke! If you don't understand humor go to the next thread.

An elderly lady was well-known for her Iman and for her confidence in talking about it.

She would stand in front of her house and say Alhamdulilah "Allah be praised" to all those who passed by.
Next door to her lived an atheist who would get so angry at her proclamations he would shout, "There ain't no Lord!!"

Hard times came upon the elderly lady, and she prayed for Allah to send her some assistance.
She would pray out loud in her night prayer" Oh Allah! I need food!! I am having a hard time, please Lord,
PLEASE LORD, SEND ME SOME GROCERIES!!"

The atheist happened to hear her as she was praying, and decided to play a prank on her.
The next morning the lady went out on her porch and noted a large bag of groceries and shouted, "Alhamdulilah, Allah be praised!."
The neighbor jumped from behind a bush and said, "Aha! I told you there was no Lord. I bought those groceries, God didn't."
The lady started jumping up and down and clapping her hands and said, "ALHAMDULILAH WA SHUKRILLAH”.
He not only sent me groceries, but he made the devil pay for them!"

alhamdulilaah
07-22-2011, 08:20 PM
asalamu alaikum

I am happy because Ramadan is just near.

sabr*
10-18-2011, 03:14 PM

What made you happy today? And how do you achieve happiness daily?

Who Am I?
10-18-2011, 06:20 PM

I am learning to become happier with who I am. I am slowly learning how to be a better man. Love of self I believe is the second most important love after love of God. I am slowly learning how to achieve this.

Endymion
10-18-2011, 06:32 PM
My Brother is back home today after 8 days and today i happened to cook his fav dish :statisfie I was about to announce the dinner is ready when he step in :D
Alhamdulillah for my sweet baby,love him sho much :statisfie
Im so happy today :statisfie

.iman.
10-18-2011, 10:25 PM
I am happy today because of a dream that I had last night. It was actually when I was falling asleep that this occurred, so I don't know if I would consider it a dream, or what. I have been going through a very rough time recently (husband and I are separated) and I've been through some traumatic events. Anyway, last night after crying and crying, I started to fall asleep and I felt a warm sensation wrapping itself around me, almost like a cocoon. I would compare it to that of a baby in it's mother's womb. There was a voice that whispered to me so soft and comforting and it just said that it is all going to be ok, and that it was almost shushing me and rocking me like a baby.

I know maybe it sounds strange, but after that I just felt like something was lifted off of me, and that I know everything will really work out.

That is why I am happy!

sabr*
10-19-2011, 05:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by .iman.
I am happy today because of a dream that I had last night.
It was actually when I was falling asleep that this occurred, so I don't know if I would
consider it a dream, or what. I have been going through a very rough time recently
(husband and I are separated) and I've been through some traumatic events.
Anyway, last night after crying and crying, I started to fall asleep and I felt a
warm sensation wrapping itself around me, almost like a cocoon. I would compare
it to that of a baby in it's mother's womb. There was a voice that whispered to me so
soft and comforting and it just said that it is all going to be ok, and that it was almost
shushing me and rocking me like a baby.

I know maybe it sounds strange, but after that I just felt like something was lifted off
of me, and that I know everything will really work out.

That is why I am happy!

Ukhti .iman:

That dream or story was very confusing. When time permits study
Tawwakul (توكُل‎) (trusting in Allah's plan even when experiencing hardship)

Because of stress and not understanding how to properly deal with our hardships
some unIslamic practices and thoughts can enter.

We are cautioned from making negative dreams public.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 87, Number 114:

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "If anyone of you sees a dream that he likes,
then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and narrate
it to others; but if he sees something else, i.e., a dream that he dislikes,
then it is from Satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil,
and he should not mention it to anybody, for it will not harm him."

.iman.
10-19-2011, 04:32 PM

Ukhti .iman:

That dream or story was very confusing. When time permits study
Tawwakul (توكُل‎) (trusting in Allah's plan even when experiencing hardship)

Because of stress and not understanding how to properly deal with our hardships
some unIslamic practices and thoughts can enter.

We are cautioned from making negative dreams public.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 87, Number 114:

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "If anyone of you sees a dream that he likes,
then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and narrate
it to others; but if he sees something else, i.e., a dream that he dislikes,
then it is from Satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil,
and he should not mention it to anybody, for it will not harm him."
Thank you for sharing that with me, brother. Al hamdoulilah, the dream was actually very comforting and happy, so I don't see anything wrong with sharing it.

IslamicRevival
10-19-2011, 06:20 PM
No..and I don't think I ever will be.

sabr*
10-19-2011, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision

Akhi Vision:

A very sad existence you live. We will perform du'a that Allah guides and
places the love and joy that so many happy practicing Muslims experience
daily.

Innocent Soul
10-20-2011, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."
— Ibn al-Qayyim

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said,
"The example of a believer is that of a fresh green plant the leaves of which move in whatever direction the wind forces them to move and when the wind becomes still, it stand straight. Such is the similitude of the believer: He is disturbed by calamities (but is like the fresh plant he regains his normal state soon). And the example of a disbeliever is that of a pine tree (which remains) hard and straight till Allah cuts it down when He will."
(Sahih Bukhari: Book #93, Hadith #558)

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves.
— Ahmad Ibn Hanbal

sabr*
10-20-2011, 12:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul

"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."
— Ibn al-Qayyim

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said,
"The example of a believer is that of a fresh green plant the leaves of which move in whatever direction the wind forces them to move and when the wind becomes still, it stand straight. Such is the similitude of the believer: He is disturbed by calamities (but is like the fresh plant he regains his normal state soon). And the example of a disbeliever is that of a pine tree (which remains) hard and straight till Allah cuts it down when He will."
(Sahih Bukhari: Book #93, Hadith #558)

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves.
— Ahmad Ibn Hanbal

Ukhti Innocent Soul:

your post embodied the essence of this thread.

May Allah grant a thousand positive and enlightening
contributions similar to your post.

Receiving this dawah reminded us of why we
continue to be happy with aspects of this forum.

Jazakumullahu Khair

sabr*
01-13-2012, 01:40 PM

Surah Ar Ra'd 13:28
الَّذِينَ
آمَنُواْ وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُم بِذِكْرِ اللّهِ أَلاَ بِذِكْرِ اللّهِ
تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ (13:28)

Allatheena amanoo watatmainnu
quloobuhum bithikri Allahi ala bithikri
Allahi tatmainnu alquloobu

13:28 (Y. Ali) "Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction
in the remembrance of Allah. for without doubt in the remembrance
of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.

Jazakumullahu Khair

Sothis Girl
01-28-2012, 01:07 PM
what makes me happy : a good music, good books. :)

I listen to a lot of medieval and new age music like Enya, Dead Can Dance, and Faun. And I'm a book junkie and like self help books.

Haya emaan
01-28-2012, 04:18 PM
So many different animals at Zoo made me happy today..:p SUBHANALLAH

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Praying, thinking about Allah (it's real, I am not being idealistic here), video games, good music, movies, internet, shopping...

Yes, I try to pray as much as I can. I listen to music, sometimes i play video games.

Thinking it's life after all.

I have no idea.

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
02-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Yes, everything we experience is a blessing, so why not then, just be happy and grateful. Sure we have our down moments, but key is to always get urself up and try again and don't let it eat at you. Always try to smile :D

sabr*
11-24-2012, 08:09 PM

What is currently making you happy?

Surah Al-An'am (The Cattle) 6:17

6:17 (Y. Ali) "If Allah touch thee with affliction, none can remove it but He;
if He touch thee with happiness, He hath power over all things.

fairy333
11-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Assalamalaikum,
I try to be happy all the time:) whenever i cry i get a headache...lol so i think it's better to be happy and smiling:)

sohail1234
06-17-2013, 05:46 AM
assalam o alikum
answer to first question is that I thank Allah for giving everything that i dont deserve and saved me from the evils and from my past mistakes..
2. Advising other and resisting others from bad things makes me feel happy :)
3. In the beginning, i complaint a lot from Allah about the miseries of Life ,,, But now i am satisfied with what Allah has given to me Alhamdulliah :)
4. when i keep myself in the remembrance of Allah it saves me from negative thoughts. Alhamdulliah
5. yes i always motivate people to Trust on the rehmat of Allah he is the main power and he can do anything for us but we have to trust him first ...

Kei
06-20-2013, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ariadne000
what makes me happy : a good music, good books. :)

I listen to a lot of medieval and new age music like Enya, Dead Can Dance, and Faun. And I'm a book junkie and like self help books.
^Ditto with the good books!
I'm over the moon right now because one of my favourite authors released a sneak peek of her next book :D

But generally....gotta try to be happy, if not for your own sakes then for the sake of those who surround you.
Sighing, sulking and emo behaviour seems to be contagious :skeleton:

Just gunna leave this here:

Muhaba
06-21-2013, 07:15 AM
Most of the time I am happy and at peace but some things bring me down.

sister herb
06-21-2013, 07:48 AM
I am happy.

I just married.

I have hobbies I like.

And my voluntary works.

:D

I am also writing a book.

Muhaba
06-21-2013, 12:38 PM
^masha-Allah may you happiness be longlived. you should also write a play. you write well and have great imagination, judging from the batterfly tale in the other thread.

greenhill
06-21-2013, 01:30 PM
I have never been truly very happy, neither have I been truly really sad. In fact, I have never had extremes in emotions. I have always been fairly rational and somehow prevented from being overly excited. Sometimes I wish I could be as ecstatic as my fellow mates with the 'celebrations' bit but I find myself just going with the flow.

I just feel that I am blessed with life and even more so that I am a muslim. There will be bad times and there will be 'better' times. :shade:

sister herb
06-21-2013, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
^masha-Allah may you happiness be longlived. you should also write a play. you write well and have great imagination, judging from the batterfly tale in the other thread.
A book I am writing is about verbs of speaking language.

Suomen puhekielen verbit

:phew

Hard work but usefull.

sister herb
06-21-2013, 03:16 PM
Batterfly wasn´t mistake. I mixed butterfly and bat together and got... batterfly.

:D

shayanjameel08
11-01-2013, 05:45 AM
Jazakallah .. May Allah forgive all our sins... and I pray Allah to give us shelter in the world and the Hereafter. Ameen

fatimataybia46
11-05-2014, 12:21 PM
The things that make us happy is different for each person. Some people are happy in their jobs, that like to work and make money. Others like to say prayers and keep their lives in line with their religion.

I consider myself to be very happy as I have both of them.

Caller الداعي
11-05-2014, 12:28 PM
I think what makes me happy is knowing Allah is in control of everything :)

Eshai
11-05-2014, 12:46 PM
No. Avoiding negativity does not help me, because avoiding it does not make it go away. For me, I must examine the negative feelings carefully to discern their origins. Only then can I truly resolve the problems in my life, which then helps to lead me to my happiness.

ahsankhan
11-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Always thanks Allah for what he gave you in this world and what he will reward you with when you die, is make me happy everyday. shukran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.