/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Frito lays

جوري
01-31-2010, 04:17 AM
:sl:

I am not sure if this has been listed or not, but these are the frito lays products that don't contain porcine enzymes

http://www.fritolay.com/your-health/...e-enzymes.html

they are generally very responsive to feedback..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
01-31-2010, 04:26 AM
so Doritos Nacho Cheese contains pork's enzymes? :( I did not know that.

جوري
01-31-2010, 04:31 AM
Oh God, yeah.. sorry to be the bearer of bad news, they are the most popular of the bunch.. we were all bummed when we knew.. but we were always confused about the others hence I posted the list...

sorry akhi :lol:

CosmicPathos
01-31-2010, 04:37 AM
but allhamdulillah, now I know. Will stay away from that now.

edited: ooh RUFFLES® Sour Cream & Onion Flavored Potato Chips ;D so something that I liked is safe.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
01-31-2010, 04:39 AM
khyer insha'Allah... they have tons of other varieties that you can enjoy though..

A-Believer-25
01-31-2010, 11:20 PM
It was shocking to find out that some chips have some pork enzymes in them. :(

Italianguy
02-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Ahhhhhh Mannnnnn! :p even Fritos corn chips? I love the Scoops. I guess this gives me a reason to stop eating them. There to greasy anyway, my wife hates when i eat them:nervous:

Beardo
02-01-2010, 12:15 AM
I heard all chips that have cheese in it are not halaal.

I Was very sad to find out Hot Cheetos is not halaal. :cry:

جوري
02-01-2010, 12:30 AM
pls read the list I provided is for products MINUS pork..
it is listed there, no need for me to tell you which product you like is pork full or pork free.. pls just click on the link..

Donia
02-01-2010, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Ahhhhhh Mannnnnn! :p even Fritos corn chips? I love the Scoops. I guess this gives me a reason to stop eating them. There to greasy anyway, my wife hates when i eat them:nervous:
I think Fritos corn chips are fine. That list was for *seasoned* products, so I think it is safe to assume the unseasoned varieties are pork free.

Italianguy
02-01-2010, 02:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
I think Fritos corn chips are fine. That list was for *seasoned* products, so I think it is safe to assume the unseasoned varieties are pork free.
Yeah, i noticed they were not on the list. I love da scoops:statisfie

Woodrow
02-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Way on back in the 1960s before Frito and Lay combined into one company and Lay only made potato chips. I was working for UOP (Universal Oil Products) one of the products made by our petro-chemical dept was synthetic flavoring for Lays BBQ chips. I never liked flavored chips after knowing what flavored them.

Fritos were also much better when they were a small Texas company making Mexican corn products.

Oh, to return to the good old days when corn chips tasted like corn chips and potato chips tasted like potato chips and if you wanted them flavored, you made a homemade dip. No worry about ingredients.

Beardo
02-01-2010, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Way on back in the 1960s before Frito and Lay combined into one company and Lay only made potato chips. I was working for UOP (Universal Oil Products) one of the products made by our petro-chemical dept was synthetic flavoring for Lays BBQ chips. I never liked flavored chips after knowing what flavored them.

Fritos were also much better when they were a small Texas company making Mexican corn products.

Oh, to return to the good old days when corn chips tasted like corn chips and potato chips tasted like potato chips and if you wanted them flavored, you made a homemade dip. No worry about ingredients.
What kind of dips do you know how to make?

I make hummus, but it's such a simple recipe, so it tastes bland. I just put a little oil, water, chick peas, and chilli powder. I want the recipe they sell at the stores. :X

I made guacamole, which turned out pretty good.

I want to learn how to make salsa. :X

I like stovetop dishes. Do you know how to make any stovetop dips? :X

syilla
02-01-2010, 05:38 AM
you know... sour cream crackers are nice too... :rolleyes:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.