/* */

PDA

View Full Version : assignment help, How do you do a BCG Analysis? (Boston Matrix)

Salahudeen
02-05-2010, 05:49 PM
I have to complete a boston matrix BCG Analysis, of a company with in the computer hardware industry but have no idea where to find the information for it :(

can any 1 help plz.

this is what I have to do A portfolio of products can be analysed using the Boston growth matrix. The products are then put into four categories based upon their market share.

but I've tried finding out market share details for apple and dell products but can't find anythinig :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
02-05-2010, 07:42 PM
:sl:
Use mintel. Your uni should have given you access.

If not, I'll see what I can do.

Salahudeen
02-05-2010, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
:sl:
Use mintel. Your uni should have given you access.

If not, I'll see what I can do.
hmm they've given us access to something called Keynote which is similar to Mintel I guess. but I can't access it at home :raging: anyway I've found out what I need to do, I just need to back it up with figures now.

I'm going to anaylyze the products of Dell and categorize them into, "Stars" "dogs" "question marks" "cash cows".

I just need to find the market share for each product to support what I say then and categorize it into 1 of the above. For example with Dell I'm going to put their tv's as "question mark" because their new into the tv market and it will take time to see if their share in the market increases or decreases.

I just need figures now showing the market share of the tv industry :p

and I'll do the same for the other products, the cashcow for Dell is obviously going to be their laptops, so I'm just going to show details of the laptop industry and show Dell as being 1 of the leaders.

It would be great if I could find the number of units sold for their products. would that be on Mintel?

aamirsaab
02-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Mintel, keynote, emerald are all the ones I can remember. Out of those three, I used mintel 90% of the time. Keynote was valuable when I couldn't find any info from mintel (or couldn't gain access or needed more info). Emerald I hardly ever used.

I tried to gain access to mintel just now but my account expired cus I finished uni last summer, so cannot log in.

To gain access to mintel, use your athens account (if you have one) and log in to mintel oxygen academic.

If not, keynote should have the relevant information i.e unit sold etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
02-07-2010, 06:36 PM
jazakallah khair brother, I found my products and categorized them :) gonna go on keynote 2moro and find figures to support me decision.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.