/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Height as a function of time

Froggy
02-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Basically what you've got is a mass point with zero volume which you drop from a certain height (h) so it starts falling downwards. What I need is a function of height in relation to time of the drop. The trick is g (gravity acceleration) is not a constant, it increases with time (or with distance travelled)

h(t) = ?
g(t) = ?
g(h) = ?

I'd appreciate any help, and if you can ad some explanation.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tango92
02-11-2010, 06:11 AM
g is a constant. unless your talking about ridiculously large heights bordering on the edge of space in which case g will increase. and that derivation is too complex for me to do right now (its 6 am here, im revising for an exam and wasted lol)

presuming g is constant

h(t) = (1/2)(G)(t^2)

just rearrange to find the others

Froggy
02-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Lol I know how do do it if g is a constant, I'm looking for the derivation, yes.
Thanks though.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.