/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for ShuraimRecitations.com

AabiruSabeel
02-11-2010, 08:07 PM
:salamext:

www.ShaikhShuraim.tk started off with a handful of recordings from Radio in late 2003. You can still find those early "low quality" recordings on the home page. We used to have a thread similar to the Imaams of Haramain thread on Islamic Awakening forums (I think it was later changed to As-Sahwah). It was there that some more people got the idea of recording all the Taraweeh and daily prayers and uploading them on the internet. Someone even persuaded the Saudi Embassy website to record and upload all the Taraweeh and Tahajjud recordings from Makkah. Later I took permission from www.ePrayers.tk (now known as iHaram) to use their recordings of daily prayers by Shaikh Shuraim (May Allah reward them for that). Then came brother Najiullah who volunteered to record all the prayers from the Haramain Shareefain, and he created the Haramain Recordings website (May Allah reward him too, and all the Haramain Recordings staff).

ShaikhShuraim.tk was earlier hosted on brinkster.com. They had provided 30Mb of free webspace for educational packages. Then MuslimWays.com offered to provide 100Mb of free webspace and a sub domain on their server for Muslim webmasters. I took advantage of their service and for almost 4 years, the site was hosted with them.

And now www.ShaikhShuraim.tk is moved to www.ShuraimRecitations.com and is owned by the Jannah Network. Br. Rashad has kindly provided us with a domain name and web space, and allowed me to keep the site under my own management.

www.ShuraimRecitations.com now contains almost all the Taraweeh recordings of Shaikh Sa'ood Ash-Shuraim from Masjidul Haram. But still there are a few recordings missing (1421, 1422, 1423). InshaAllah I will be adding them soon. In addition to that, I have also tried to collect as much as possible recordings from daily prayers to create a complete Quran collection. These recordings are exclusive to ShuraimRecitations.com, I believe.

This was brief history of the website. Now I have added a few more sections. A Dua section and emotional recordings sub-section on the home page. Being a really lazy fellow, I am unable to update the site and add more recordings. I would be grateful is someone volunteers to help collect all the Dua and emotional recordings of Shaikh Shuraim at one place, so that I can add them. I might provide a sub-domain on the site to those who can help, if Rashad agrees.

Any suggestion for changes to colour, design etc for the site is welcome.

Jazakumullahu Khair

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
02-11-2010, 08:16 PM
:sl:

MaashaAllah!

Jazaakallah khair for sharing that history with us. It was very interesting.

Sheikh Shuraim really has the most awesome recitation, and to have a site like that is just brilliant. One time I used to dream about there being such sites, little did I know that through the hard work of people like yourself, they already existed.

May Allah reward you. Whilst I am unable to physically help, the only thing I can do is to offer much du'aa for you that Allah makes your task easy, reawrds you abundantly, and it makes it a means of sadaqah jaariyah for you. Ameen.

AabiruSabeel
02-11-2010, 08:30 PM
^Ameen to the Dua(s).

I forgot to mention the brothers who sent the recordings by email to me earlier, 2-3 years ago. A brother from Hyderabad, another from UK had offered to send a complete CD collection by post. A few more brothers had contacted me from India, someone from France, and someone even sent an email addressed to Shaikh Shuraim himself. Jazakumullah Khair to them all.
The Imaams of the Haramain thread visitors were a great source of encouragement for me. May Allah reward them all too.

BintAbee
02-12-2010, 02:00 PM
:wasalamex

Awesomeness!!!

I can't offer much help, but I'll give some suggestions. Hope you find many volunteers to help you with this great task. May Allah give you all the best!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BintAbee
02-12-2010, 06:37 PM

Akhee this link says it needs a codec in order to play the file: http://www.archive.org/download/Shai.../Isha14-12.WMA

I didn't check all of them because I have to download them :embarrass Internet credit :X

AabiruSabeel
02-12-2010, 06:45 PM
:wa:

I think it's because that file is in .wma format. I will convert them all to .mp3 inshaAllah.

Jazaki Allahu Khair for pointing it out.

Beardo
02-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Masha'Allah, the content on the website is beautiful, but I think we could work up on the design of the website. I noticed most of these download websites, like Aswatal Islam, are very good in content and downloads but lacking in appealing designs.

Is the site made with HTML?

AabiruSabeel
02-13-2010, 04:32 AM

^Yes it's all HTML, and little of javascript as well. Flash would look good, but I don't know how to design in flash. I have only used MS Frontpage for webpage designing.

Any suggestions for a better design? If there's any available theme or an existing website with a similar theme, I can work on that and customize it, inshaAllah.

Beardo
02-13-2010, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

^Yes it's all HTML, and little of javascript as well. Flash would look good, but I don't know how to design in flash. I have only used MS Frontpage for webpage designing.

Any suggestions for a better design? If there's any available theme or an existing website with a similar theme, I can work on that and customize it, inshaAllah.
Flash isn't recommended I'd say.

Have you considered changing it into Joomla or WordPress?

AabiruSabeel
02-13-2010, 04:35 AM
Joomla isn't free, or is it? Wordpress is good for blogs, not websites. I have got pages, not posts.

Beardo
02-13-2010, 05:21 AM
Joomla isn't free, or is it? Wordpress is good for blogs, not websites. I have got pages, not posts.
Joomla and wordpress are both free. :) I can get it on your site for you if you want.

AabiruSabeel
04-22-2010, 09:37 PM

So finally Joomla is installed on ShuraimRecitations.com. But I want the visitors to choose the default template for themselves. Please visit ShuraimRecitations.com and check the available templates by selecting it from the drop down menu under the clock on the left side and post your favourite template(s) here.

The site is still being customized. Suggestions are welcome. :)

Jazakumullah Khair

Beardo
04-22-2010, 11:30 PM
http://www.shuraimrecitations.com/jo...ate=29_ono_j15

BintAbee
04-23-2010, 02:30 AM
http://www.shuraimrecitations.com/jo...griculture_mod

Beardo
04-23-2010, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintAbee
I change my mind. I like that one too.

AabiruSabeel
04-23-2010, 11:53 AM

^That template has a small glitch. Check the main menu. I like it too, but I have to see whether I can fix that.
Anyone know css and html?

Beardo
05-02-2010, 10:07 PM

^That template has a small glitch. Check the main menu. I like it too, but I have to see whether I can fix that.
Anyone know css and html?
Darn, that was a nice one too. Well, isn't there an upgraded version or a theme support where you can check for info?

AabiruSabeel
05-03-2010, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Darn, that was a nice one too. Well, isn't there an upgraded version or a theme support where you can check for info?
It was fixed already. I am just thinking of a better way of listing old recordings. Sort-able tables etc.

Beardo
05-10-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't care what ANYONE says, but the site is a trillion times better masha-Allah! I LOVE the design!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.