/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Excessive Coughing

Beardo
02-12-2010, 01:40 AM
I'm having excesssive coughing and it just won't stop. It's been over a week now.

Once in a blue moon, I also go through these coughing "fits" where I literally have to leave class and cough uncontrollably for 3-5 minutes. I don't know why this happens. Now the situation seems at it's peak.

Any advice or diagnoses?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
02-12-2010, 02:01 AM
do you have a whooping cough?

Media Tags are no longer supported

If so, I suggest you see a doctor...

:w:

Beardo
02-12-2010, 02:03 AM
No, nothing like that. I mean, I just hope it's not bronchitis or something. :omg: Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

جوري
02-12-2010, 02:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
No, nothing like that. I mean, I just hope it's not bronchitis or something. :omg: Or maybe I'm overthinking it.
No one can diagnose you over the web and obviously it can be any number of things.. many diseases present in a very similar fashion.. that is why they have blood testing and cultures and metabolic profiles and physical exams etc..

If this is serious and knocking you out then you must go see someone about it..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
02-12-2010, 02:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
No one can diagnose you over the web and obviously it can be any number of things.. many diseases present in a very similar fashion.. that is why they have blood testing and cultures and metabolic profiles and physical exams etc..

If this is serious and knocking you out then you must go see someone about it..

Yeah, that's the solutionI have. I was prescribed medicine for this, but it seems to be to no avail. I don't think I have any allergies.

I just don't enjoy going to the doctors.... :hmm:

جوري
02-12-2010, 02:11 AM
Yeah, that's the solutionI have. I was prescribed medicine for this, but it seems to be to no avail. I don't think I have any allergies.

I just don't enjoy going to the doctors.... :hmm:
what medicine were you given?

no one likes going to the doc, I imagine that is why they have a high suicide rate..

Getoffmyback
02-12-2010, 08:03 AM
Honey plus ginger and tea.

Boil fenugreek seeds plus ginger than add honey drink is hot.

Chew some ginger during class time maybe it will help.

Really i used all the above and it make me feel better.

Getoffmyback
02-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Eh i forgot about hot milk plus honey and ginger juice. 1 Table spoon of honey and 1 table spoon of ginger juice just get a green ginger and squeeze it untill the juice comes out add it to the milk and honey drink hot.

Beardo
02-12-2010, 01:53 PM
I was given some liquid cough medicine. Made me drowsy. It wasn't over the counter.

Well, I have honey water in the morning. Just stir some honey into some hot water. I'm not sure how useful it was though.

Getoffmyback
02-12-2010, 02:40 PM
You have honey . Just get the fenugreek seeds and ginger powder . Boil the seeds and ginger. Keep them boiling for 5 minutes . Put them in a glass , add honey and drink it . But it will make you feel Sooo sleepy :)

My cough attacks used to appear at night So i couldn't sleep . But this drink helped me.

Dagless
02-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Does it happen everywhere? Are you sure its not allergies?

Beardo
02-12-2010, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Does it happen everywhere? Are you sure its not allergies?
It's a mild form of Bronchitis.

And yes, I'm sure it's not allergies. Alhamdulillah I'm not allergic to anything.

I remember one of my friends in elementary had it. Basically, every few months he would be coughing a ton, uncontrollably. His was a more extreme case though, of course. He would take off from school days at a time.

Alhamdulillah, Insha'Allah, mine isn't so bad though lol. It's been a little over a week, where I just cough every few minutes.

I think it's due to my addiction to COLD water. I like cold drinks a lot. :X

sunmonkey
02-17-2010, 01:52 AM
You could try the hot water and lemon remedy:
Boil water
Pour water into cup
add juice of a lemon
Sweeten with honey
Drink up!

Your best bet would be to see a doctor though.

Get well.

sur
02-18-2010, 02:25 AM
...I think it's due to my addiction to COLD water. I like cold drinks a lot. :X
There u go... u already knew the answer... Cold-drinks makes ur defence-cells sleepy, immunity on surface of throat goes down & bugs get some chance to have a good time at ur expense.

If ur cough is dry, it's either simple irritation from cold-drinks and/or virus partying while ur cops sleep. It u produce phlegm too then it's bacteria.

Avoid the cause(cold) is best treatment, if there is a known/suspected cause.
Syrup u used probably has chemical called "anti-histamine"(Anti-Allergy) in it that makes u drowsy. If cold drinks is the cause then NO need to take anti-histamine syrups. Such syrups r symptomatic only (don't remove the cause just suppress the symptoms).

If u produce phlegm, then anti-biotics(germ-killer) medicine might be needed.

All sick want to get back to normal in a giffy... that's NOT the case most of the times. Even with proper treatment body takes it's time to rebuild damaged tissues & get rid of irritating debris.

Home remedies given above r best. Take in sips to prolong contact time with throat.

Beardo
02-18-2010, 04:18 AM
^ That sounds better than what my mom offered... Which was to rub vicks on my feet....

I simply do not understand the ways of Desi parents. :X

My mom won't admit it now, but she ones bathed me in raw eggs. It was supposed to be good for the skin or something...? :X

ژاله
02-18-2010, 05:52 AM
^lol may be eating (or drinking) raw eggs would make you feel better...:skeleton: i am not joking..i am sure its one of the desi treatments for cough/cold..i would never try it though...
i have just recovered from a similar situation. i dont know if you believe in homepathic medicine but you can have belladonna 30 or a single dose of sulphur 1M..it cured me bi'ithnillah. even if it doesnt cure, its harmless anyway
yes that ginger remedy prescribed above works. you might want to try it.
and recite surah fatihah..shifa for every ailment.
but keep in mind that other than sis skye no one is a professional here, so :hmm: see your doc, as she says...

sur
02-18-2010, 02:36 PM
On some other thread Black Seed (Kalwanji) is being discussed,,, It can also be taken, just be carefull about dose which is not more tham few seeds(NOT spoonful),,, as hadees says it has cure for all diseases except cancer...

Researchers have done some research... Anti-Cough, Anti-cancer, Anti-histamine/Anti-Asthama, Anti-High Blood Pressure, Anti-kidney stone,,,

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.