/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Determination or Free Will?

anonymous
02-12-2010, 12:05 PM
:sl:

What is the definition of these two in the shade of Islam? I mean, are we, humans, determined? Well, men and Jinns have free will according to Islam!? Is it wrong to say, that the human is determined?
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
02-12-2010, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
:sl:

What is the definition of these two in the shade of Islam? I mean, are we, humans, determined? Well, men and Jinns have free will according to Islam!? Is it wrong to say, that the human is determined?
:wa:
This has been discussed once before on this forum, if memory serves me righteously.

Anyhow...

Man has free will, but Allah knows everything we will do before we do it. How that is, don't worry about it and don't ask about it. Philosophy is not a subject for laymen like you and I.

We are humans. Don't go into determinism or indeterminism. We are free to do what we want as man or Jinn. Based off our deeds, we will go to Hell or Heaven.

Lead your life knowing that Allah Ta'ala watches your every action. There are certain questions which we should refrain from, and these in-depth philosophical questions are just one of them. It's a very fine line, and it's easy to slip and fall into the realms of disbelief if you ponder in the areas which Allah Ta'ala has restricted.

A-Believer-25
02-12-2010, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
This has been discussed once before on this forum, if memory serves me righteously.

Anyhow...

Man has free will, but Allah knows everything we will do before we do it. How that is, don't worry about it and don't ask about it. Philosophy is not a subject for laymen like you and I.

We are humans. Don't go into determinism or indeterminism. We are free to do what we want as man or Jinn. Based off our deeds, we will go to Hell or Heaven.

Lead your life knowing that Allah Ta'ala watches your every action. There are certain questions which we should refrain from, and these in-depth philosophical questions are just one of them. It's a very fine line, and it's easy to slip and fall into the realms of disbelief if you ponder in the areas which Allah Ta'ala has restricted.

I am trying to understand the proper belief myself. Is it OK if I ask you through PM or something?

Beardo
02-12-2010, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A-Believer-25
I am trying to understand the proper belief myself. Is it OK if I ask you through PM or something?
Be my guest. :statisfie But note that I am no scholar. :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
02-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Everything has been pre-determined by Allah and is written in the preserved tablet. We do not know what that is. Within the realm of our lives, we have free-will in certain things and no-free-will in certain things. The play of free choices that we make is actually also pre-determined. We just do not know it. And we cannot blame God for our bad choices cuz He pre-determined them. Rather He pre-determined them based on what our choices would be.

A-Believer-25
02-13-2010, 03:59 PM
I found some nice info in this link.

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/...AskAboutIslamE

Uthman
02-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Please check out these links Brother:

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/34732/
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/49004/

VizierX
02-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Its beyond our understanding.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.