/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dry heads

Esther462
02-12-2010, 06:07 PM
I started wearing hijab again 6 months ago and I've notest over the last few months that my scalp has gone dry and white flakey. I've tryed using tea tree shampoo. Any ideas on how to solve this problem.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
02-12-2010, 06:11 PM
head and shoulders? "but Dagless you don't have dandruff!"
I know ;)

Or you could do the old school putting oil (coconut is popular) in your hair once or twice a week for a few hours.

cat eyes
02-12-2010, 06:11 PM
hijab would have nothing to do with that problem. these problems are mostly caused by using cheap branded shampoo's or not washing the shampoo out of your hair properly. my advice is change your shampoo but its not possible material is the cause of this problem if that was the case then nobody would be wearing the hijab

جوري
02-13-2010, 04:18 AM
don't wear any synthetics .. try organic cotton/silk/wool/pashmina etc

and don't have it so tightly wound around your head that you don't give it room to breathe

And Allah swt knows best

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
02-13-2010, 04:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
I know ;)

Or you could do the old school putting oil (coconut is popular) in your hair once or twice a week for a few hours.
Yeah, I like head and shoulders too.

I don't like putting oil on. They have a smell, and it's disturbing not only to me but to those around me...

This used to happen to me by the way, with my kufi.

One advice: Don't put your kufi on wet hair! CAUSES DANDRUFF! Dry it or something first if you have sensitive skin. :X

Esther462
02-13-2010, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Yeah, I like head and shoulders too.

I don't like putting oil on. They have a smell, and it's disturbing not only to me but to those around me...

This used to happen to me by the way, with my kufi.

One advice: Don't put your kufi on wet hair! CAUSES DANDRUFF! Dry it or something first if you have sensitive skin. :X
I think that has what has coursed my dry head with me putting my hijab on to my head with wet hair. I will start drying my hair before putting hijab on.

S<Chowdhury
02-13-2010, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
I know ;)

Forget Head and Shoulder, my hair starting falling out when i used it, i mean when my sister used it :D. Coconut Oil, just apply on the weekend when your at home should solve it, best remedy so far. For my sister i mean hehe :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.