/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of Modernism

Mr.President
02-13-2010, 01:08 PM
:sl:

An interesting personal opinion post which I read in another islamic forum and like to share that post with u guys hope I am not violating any rules :1:

format_quote Originally Posted by islamic-life

List of symptoms of modernism disease which eventually leads one to apostasy - abandoning Islam in totality or the foundation and doctrine of Islam.

The list is based on my personal observation, so please feel free to add more or correct my list, insha'Allah

The symptoms are in order:

1 - Apologetic Methodology: In nutshell, it is falling in the traps of the kuffaar and answering them on their turf using their standards and principles. So, the person will end be focusing on appeasing the kuffaar or give them 'logical' answers to their questions against Islam. It is no big deal if we have to go against orthdox sunni understanding by rejecting the understanding of the people of knowledge because it is "against" the Qur'an and Sunnah and/or it does not give 'logical' answers. Even if some ahadith do not make sense or ahad (singular), we say they are not authentic

2 - First step to kufr methodology: We must answer to kuffaar logically so that they can embrace Islam or understand Islam better. There is no problem if we invent new interpretations, which were alien to Muslims for 14 centuries, because no scholar is perfect and scholars are not sources of Islam: we must take from the Qur'an and Sunnah and understand it ourselves. There is no problem if we appeal to odd opinions of scholars if it serves us. And there is no problem if we reject many ahadith because they 'contradict' the Qur'an; thus, they are not authentic.

3 - Modernist Methodology: We should interpret the Qur'an ourselves and not refer to 'jahil' scholars as they only come up with extreme interpretations and make Islam look bad and create divisions. Thus, there is no problem if we reject many parts of the Qur'an and Sunnah, specially if they have to do with hadoud, women issues, etc., because they were only time limited (** main problem is that they do not work with their intellect or appease the kuffaar so they have utilize back door to explain their kufr **)

4 - Super Modernist Methodology: The Sunnah is not an Islamic source as the Qur'an does not tell us to follow the Prophet (peace be upon him). We should only refer to the Qur'an; the Sunnah is man-made invented by these 'jahil' scholars after 2 centuries of Islam to support their 'extreme' interpretations. (** yet, they think they believe in the Qur'an and appeal to historical accounts **)

source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
02-13-2010, 08:37 PM
:wa:

A true eye opener. I wish many people get benefit of it.

JazakAllah khair for bringing it here to share the benefit.

جوري
02-13-2010, 09:48 PM
I have to say of that list number one is the one that bugs me the most.
One of these morons decides he doesn't like a particular translation of the Quran so he makes a thread already based on an entirely false assumption and expects that everyone has to defend his understanding.. like this fellow who started a thread around an error in the translation, and even when repeatedly told to use logic alone as it would dispel any so-called error he wouldn't relent. It was getting tedious day in and day out. They do it to convince themselves that their godlessness or man worship is the correct road to be on.. but why do we engage in 30+ pages of argument when it is clearly elucidated somewhere around page one that they have no interest in the correct meaning or translation or proper exegesis?

I have reached the end of my tethers with folks like that and really after many years of this charade I have come to believe that there is no point whatsoever.. no one comes out a winner when so much time is expended and lost on dunces!

:w:

Asiyah3
02-13-2010, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
:sl:

An interesting personal opinion post which I read in another islamic forum and like to share that post with u guys hope I am not violating any rules :1:

:wa: Wr Wb
JazakalLahu khair for sharing this. May Allah make us benefit from it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.