/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bowing. (Certain Cultures) Haraam or Not?

Proud.Hijaabi
02-15-2010, 03:58 AM
:sl:
Hello, I was wondering whether it was haraam to bow to your elders or people that are respected out of respect. Many cultures do this (Korean, Chinese, etc.) I was wondering this was haraam or not.

Also is it haraam to bow down to an audience that has just been entertained by someone.
Thank You.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
02-17-2010, 03:28 AM
It is haram to bow to any created thing, no matter what the intention. Even if the intention is not to worship, bowing down is an act reserved for God only.

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-17-2010, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
It is haram to bow to any created thing, no matter what the intention. Even if the intention is not to worship, bowing down is an act reserved for God only.
You sure brother? we should not bow infront of any maqlook...I want to know this..please could give me some references? I am not refuting you, its just I want to know this...

north_malaysian
02-17-2010, 03:54 AM
in the modern days most of the eastern asians dont bow (like the ruku' in salah) anymore... they just nodding their heads....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
02-17-2010, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmajid
You sure brother? we should not bow infront of any maqlook...I want to know this..please could give me some references? I am not refuting you, its just I want to know this...
wsalam dear abdul majid,

please read this fatwa http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/10428/bowing
:wa:

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-17-2010, 05:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
wsalam dear abdul majid,

please read this fatwa http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/10428/bowing
:wa:
Thank you brother...:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.