/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Parenting

Beardo
02-19-2010, 07:56 PM
When is parenting rewarding?

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while, but I keep forgetting.

Parents and non-Parents can answer. Just state whether you're a parent or not so I know how well to heed your words. :X

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
02-19-2010, 08:01 PM
when your kids turn out pious, they become a sadqa jariyah for you after death

Beardo
02-19-2010, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
when your kids turn out pious, they become a sadqa jariyah for you after death
True, but I mean...

I want to know what parents consider the rewarding part of child upbringing while they are alive. I mean, what pleases parents? Especially since they're sticklers about everything. :nervous::hiding::phew

Alpha Dude
02-19-2010, 08:14 PM
The first time you feel the fruits of your labour is when they're between the age of 5-8. At this age, you can have them run errands for you and they'd gladly do it to help out. Tell them things like 'let's see how fast you can wash the car!'. They'd treat it as a fun competition. :statisfie

The second period is when they start earning. :><:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyah3
02-19-2010, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
True, but I mean...

I want to know what parents consider the rewarding part of child upbringing while they are alive.
Family allowance!!! :X
is what my ex-classmate answered.

Beardo
02-20-2010, 12:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
The first time you feel the fruits of your labour is when they're between the age of 5-8. At this age, you can have them run errands for you and they'd gladly do it to help out. Tell them things like 'let's see how fast you can wash the car!'. They'd treat it as a fun competition. :statisfie

The second period is when they start earning. :><:
Ah, yes, I am quite aware of the former period you mentioned. I do that all the time to the kids in my Islamic school. :X

anonymous
02-20-2010, 07:28 AM
when you see their minute adorable baby faces so peacefully fast asleep
when they wrap their 4 tiny fingers around your 1 finger
when they come up to you with a contemplative expression on their faces and ask "mum...?"
when they go down in prostration.
when they become a tool for this ummah
when you see them in high ranks in jannah *inshallah*

Beardo
02-20-2010, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
when you see their minute adorable baby faces so peacefully fast asleep
when they wrap their 4 tiny fingers around your 1 finger
when they come up to you with a contemplative expression on their faces and ask "mum...?"
when they go down in prostration.
when they become a tool for this ummah
when you see them in high ranks in jannah *inshallah*
Well, it's obvious you are a parent. And that was a very... deep post. Jazakumullahu Khair for sharing that.

ژاله
02-20-2010, 02:57 PM
i think parenting is the most unrewarding thing ever :/
you do so much for your kids, and you are lucky if you get even a tiny fraction of it in return, or so i think...
i am not a parent.

Abdul Qadir
02-20-2010, 03:00 PM

Parents and non-Parents can answer. Just state whether you're a parent or not so I know how well to heed your words. :X
teach ur child the quran and force him to become hafiz...then inshallah, u will get a crown...on THE DAY

syilla
02-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Ukhtee Malaak you're so right... huhuhuhu..

I mean i love my children... but the only thing i can say is... I hope what i'm doing is 'right' and be blessed by Allah swt. and hopefully i'm 'ikhlaas' and hopefully one day... my children will turn out 'right'... huhuhu

so.... now i'm beginning to understand how parents 'really' feel... :hiding:

Abdul Qadir
02-20-2010, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
^^^ you're so right... huhuhuhu..

I mean i love my children... but the only thing i can say is... I hope what i'm doing is 'right' and be blessed by Allah swt. and hopefully i'm 'ikhlaas' and hopefully one day... my children will turn out 'right'... huhuhu

inshallah..may Allah bless u, ur husband and ur children...

Beardo
02-21-2010, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Ukhtee Malaak you're so right... huhuhuhu..

I caught my mom a number of times reading your blog. :X Masha'Allah, it's a good blog you've got going on btw.

syilla
03-03-2010, 07:12 AM
I caught my mom a number of times reading your blog. :X Masha'Allah, it's a good blog you've got going on btw.
that is sooo embarassing... especially when she is so experienced than i am...and she brought up lots of hafidzs... lol

Anyway... Jazakallah khayr... the praise is not for me InshaAllah.

PouringRain
03-03-2010, 03:50 PM

I know the thread title is "Islamic Parenting," but may I answer all the same?

Every tiny thing is a reward. When you see them deep in slumber. Every little smile. When they crawl in your bed at night and curl up beside you. When they wrestle on the floor like little puppies, giggling. Their wisdom, that only a child can have. Their compassion. Their infinite love. Watching them grow and develop. Even the mischievous looks on their face, that reveal much more than they intend-- even those are so rewarding. Parenting is rewarding when you learn to delight in your children and all that they do and all that they are.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.