/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Afterlife

Supreme
02-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Hi

In the Islamic version of afterlife, do you go there straight away after death or are you non existent until Judgement Day? Also, could someone please elaborate on the concept of 72 virgins in Heaven? What would the appeal be in this for women?

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
02-20-2010, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Hi

In the Islamic version of afterlife, do you go there straight away after death or are you non existent until Judgement Day? Also, could someone please elaborate on the concept of 72 virgins in Heaven? What would the appeal be in this for women?

Thank you.
After death there is a state called 'barzakh'

Praise be to Allaah.

What is meant by al-barzakh is the period between a person's death and his resurrection on the Day of Resurrection. Whoever dies as a Muslim, obeying Allaah, will be in a blessed state, and whoever dies as a kaafir, disobeying Allaah, will be punished. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning);
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/11110/barzakh

CosmicPathos
02-21-2010, 07:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Hi

Thank you.
Those virgins are only for martyrs. So not even all men will get them. Hence, women cannot claim to be discriminated in this regards and call this a sexist pleasure.

Somia
02-21-2010, 07:46 AM
O Allah we ask your mercy and rewarding and please us of Paradise with your prophet Mohammad "pboh"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
02-21-2010, 09:40 AM
I highly recommend the following video:

Uthman
02-21-2010, 10:04 AM
With regards to the 72 virgins, there might be a misunderstanding. The virgins are known as al-hoor al 'iyn and they are not the women of this world. Rather, they are women of paradise created by Allah.

More information can be found here

Musliman
02-26-2010, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
With regards to the 72 virgins, there might be a misunderstanding. The virgins are known as al-hoor al 'iyn and they are not the women of this world. Rather, they are women of paradise created by Allah.

More information can be found here
Obviously :) I was actually wondering women's situation in Jannah :)

CosmicPathos
02-26-2010, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musliman
Obviously :) I was actually wondering women's situation in Jannah :)
It is good to think about the matters of unseen but we have no way to answer those things without divine revelation. Hence, I feel that there is no reason to ask questions about unseen which are not directly related to succeeding in the first place. For example questions as "would there be airports in Jannah?" No offense to whoever asked this question but the point is that we should rather ask questions which would make it easy for us to actually reach Janna in the very first place.

Musliman
02-26-2010, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
It is good to think about the matters of unseen but we have no way to answer those things without divine revelation. Hence, I feel that there is no reason to ask questions about unseen which are not directly related to succeeding in the first place. For example questions as "would there be airports in Jannah?" No offense to whoever asked this question but the point is that we should rather ask questions which would make it easy for us to actually reach Janna in the very first place.
I understand, but I was in fact only wondering if there was a hint about it. Thanks :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.