/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did we ask Allah to be Humans?

bamboozled
02-21-2010, 12:10 AM
I was watching Dr Zakir Naik on TV recently and I just caught the end of something he was saying and so I just wanted confirmation because I heard half way though his speech...

But he said that somepoint before we were born we asked Allah to be humans( as opposed to animals I think?).

Which from my own interpretation is perhaps one of another reasons we should be greatful to be alive.

But I want to know if I heard this correctly and a little more about the converstaion and the reasoning please.

I hate posting such a speculative post but I have no one else to really ask about such a matter.

JazakAllah

Allah Huakbar

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Revigo
03-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Of course we asked Allah to be human, thing is we couldn't talk, we couldn't think, we didn't quite exist as we do now. The energy that was there, was made to fit as it is, if you call this a question, call the reaction or outcome, an answer.
Being grateful to live hasn't anything to do with being or not being born as a human. Should a horse be unhappy in his life? No, it performs its duty of being a horse. Like a man should perform his duty of being a human and submitting to the will of supreme force.

tyciol
04-28-2010, 07:11 AM
In this sense when we use animal I guess we mean something alive that is not a human or a plant/bacterium right? Hm... I can accept a question (or is 'request' a better term?) being answered/fulfilled... but it is difficult to identify with this 'we'. If we couldn't talk or think, well I for one identify strongly with my thinking and it's hard to think of who I'd be without it, so is that really ourselves asking it, or are we a product of a simpler self asking to become more complex?

aadil77
04-28-2010, 07:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bamboozled
I was watching Dr Zakir Naik on TV recently and I just caught the end of something he was saying and so I just wanted confirmation because I heard half way though his speech...

But he said that somepoint before we were born we asked Allah to be humans( as opposed to animals I think?).

Which from my own interpretation is perhaps one of another reasons we should be greatful to be alive.

But I want to know if I heard this correctly and a little more about the converstaion and the reasoning please.

I hate posting such a speculative post but I have no one else to really ask about such a matter.

JazakAllah

Allah Huakbar
Brother, Dr Zakir Naik will sometimes say things which might not be entirely accurate for the sake of dawah, I think he might have said something like that for hindu's

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أبو سليمان عمر
04-28-2010, 07:24 AM
there is not any proof from quran and sunnah for what he has said as far as i know so what he said about this should be rejected unless there is proof
and as the brother before me Dr Zakir Naik will sometimes say things which might not be entirely accurate for the sake of dawah is true and not the right thing to do

Woodrow
04-28-2010, 07:28 AM

JazakAllah

Allah Huakbar
:sl:

I do not know.

But I do know Allaah(swt) is all just and all merciful. I have no concept as to how it was determined I wanted to be created, but I am certain that is what was determined.

I do know we all have free choice about our decisions. I do know Allaah(swt) does not cause us to face anything we do not have the strength to face.

I do know that each of us was created fairly and justly. How that was achieved I do not know and have no need to know. I have life and what I do with this life is my responsibility.

Muslim Woman
05-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Salaam .

I was watching Dr Zakir Naik on TV

Do u remember the title of the lecture ? I never heard that we asked Allah to create us as humans . There is a verse in Quran that says something like that Allah asked all souls if they will accept Him as the Creator / only one diety . Most probably there is a hadith that says All Prophets / human agreed to accept Muhammed pbuh as the last Prophet . But create us as human ....ummm most probably , no , it's not mentioned anywhere .

And Allah Knows Best.

islamirama
05-01-2010, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar^111
there is not any proof from quran and sunnah for what he has said as far as i know so what he said about this should be rejected unless there is proof
and as the brother before me Dr Zakir Naik will sometimes say things which might not be entirely accurate for the sake of dawah is true and not the right thing to do
Indeed I would advise Muslims to NOT listen to Zakir naik or hamza yusuf's lectures. Your deen and akhirah is on the line there, why do you jeopardize it by going to people who preach false information ? Would go to the best doctor or any laymen for treatment?

It is Allah who said I'm going to create a representative of me on Earth, and if Allah tells that to the angels would a representative of Allah be an animal or would He create someone with logical thought process and intelligences? why would He need to ask the humans than?

Zakir Naik and his ideology

Maryan0
05-02-2010, 02:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam .

Do u remember the title of the lecture ? I never heard that we asked Allah to create us as humans . There is a verse in Quran that says something like that Allah asked all souls if they will accept Him as the Creator / only one diety . Most probably there is a hadith that says All Prophets / human agreed to accept Muhammed pbuh as the last Prophet . But create us as human ....ummm most probably , no , it's not mentioned anywhere .

And Allah Knows Best.
I've heard of this.
We have a alot of Zakir Naik and Ahmed Deedat videos in my house and this is the first I've heard of false claims by Dr Naik.
Salam

Snowflake
05-02-2010, 02:36 AM
:sl: As you started listening halfway through the speech, you may have misunderstood? Zakir Naik's mistakes usually spread like wildfire on the internet. But I can't find anything about this. So we should give him benefit of the doubt. However, just to clarify, such a statement would be incorrect. When Allah created Adam (as), He extracted every soul from him and took from them an oath that they recognize Him as their Lord. Every soul testified and this testimony was stamped on every soul. This means we were predestined to be human beings.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.