/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Visiting mecca ?

ganesh177
02-22-2010, 07:49 AM
My question basically is why are non-muslims prevented from visiting mecca.
What if someone like me, a hindu wants to visit mecca ? What are my options ?
What if some non-muslim gets caught in mecca, what is the punishment saudi govt offers to him ? Or he is just pardoned ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Musliman
02-22-2010, 11:16 PM
-I think because Mecca is set for praying and worshiping and not for tourism, it is the holiest place in Islam.
-Convert Islam :)
-Ehh, I don't really, I don't even know how Saudi Arabia manages to ask people's religion.

syilla
02-23-2010, 04:48 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/umrah-ha...ns-makkah.html

S_87
02-23-2010, 11:27 AM
why would you want to go to makkah anyway?

What if some non-muslim gets caught in mecca, what is the punishment saudi govt offers to him ? Or he is just pardoned ?
dont know the exact punishment but im guessing its not just gonna be a pardon...any non muslim deliberately going there knowing they arent allowed must have some motive and deserve to be caught and punished

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Predator
02-23-2010, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganesh177
Your only option is to embrace Muslim . There is no other option

Regarding the punishment , they're probably just expel or deport you if they dont find you guilty of any malicious intent

manaal
02-24-2010, 05:51 AM
It's basically because non-Muslims will not preserve the sanctity of the Haram (Holy Place) as the Muslims do. Non Muslims are not just disallowed from entering the mosque, but the whole city. There is always the risk of non-Islamic things such as idol worship happening there if non-Muslims were allowed to enter Makkah. They are not allowed into Madinah either.

To the best of my knowledge there is no severe punishment for a non-Muslims if caught inside Makkah. They would either deport the person from the country or fine him if they feel that there was no malicious intent. But if there is cause for concern they might jail person.

Insaanah
02-25-2010, 03:49 PM
For most countries, they have certain requirements before they will let you enter, and you need a visa. For some countries, you have to sign to say that you agree that if caught drug trafficking, you will be put to death, i.e. killed. If you don't agree with that, you don't enter.

Even within a country, there are certain requirements to enter certain areas e.g. a military barracks. Only military personnel and their families can enter. If you are not military, you can't enter.

Similarly, the entry requirement or visa for Makkah and Madinah is, "Laa ilaaha illallaahu MuhammadurRasoolullaah", i.e. to say with your tongue, and believe in your heart, that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, the One True God, without any associate in His Divinity, and that prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is His final Messenger. If you don't truly believe in that nor earnestly declare it, you don't enter.

So the options open to you are to believe in, and verbally make that declaration, i.e. become a Muslim.

Peace.

sunnyhayat
03-05-2010, 06:19 PM
My dear Ganesh,
Just like only hindus are allowed in Kashi Vishweshar Mandir only Muslims are allowed in Mekka.
I will have a very rare opportunity to visit both as very recently I have taken shahada and will be visiting Mekka very soon! I had done Kashi as hindu just a year ago.
Is it not beautiful? Take shahada and join me.
you can PM me to communicate

sunnyhayat
03-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Dear Friend Ganesh,
Just like only Hindus are allowed in Kashi muslims only can pray at Mekka.
I have reare opportunity of visiting both places. I was hindu few months ago before taking shahada I had gone to kashi and had good abhiseh there.
now as I am muslin though secretly I can now go to mekka and pray there.
join me taking shahada and we can go there together and discover most beautiful religion together
pm me if u like

Darth Ultor
03-21-2010, 12:53 PM
It's a guarantee that you'll be kicked out of the country, but I think you can also be flogged. Can an non-Muslim enter al-Aqsa?

Darth Ultor
03-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Also, stupid question, but can I ask why the Sacred Mosque is called Masjid al-Haram? Doesn't "haram" mean forbidden, or is it spelled differently?

S_87
03-23-2010, 11:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Also, stupid question, but can I ask why the Sacred Mosque is called Masjid al-Haram? Doesn't "haram" mean forbidden, or is it spelled differently?
Haraam means sacred aswell as forbidden.

Beardo
03-23-2010, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
Haraam means sacred aswell as forbidden.
Haraam means forbidden.

Haram means sacred.

The spelling is different, and the pronunciation is different by one Harakaat (lettering/syllable)

Muslim Woman
03-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Salaam/Peace

because of this Quranic verse , non-Muslims are not allowed there.

O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque. And if ye fear poverty, soon will Allah enrich you, if He wills, out of His bounty, for Allah is All-knowing, All-wise

At-Taubah Repentance ( 9:28)

u may watch video online.

THE HAJJ WITH MICHEAL WOLFE

An excellent programme about the Hajj on ABC’s Night Line. Watch this personal journey of the hajj with American revert Micheal Wolfe.

WATCH HERE

http://www.therevival.co.uk/wp-site/747

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.