/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My husband and i have been seperated for 3 years how do i get a divorce

muslimah310
02-22-2010, 09:52 AM
my husband and i have been seperated for three years now, and i want a divorce since he has abandoned me. He will not divorce me, however we have not been together for a while. Is there a way for me to go to the mosque and get the divorce myself? Please help me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
02-22-2010, 03:02 PM
yes you can get a khula , but the person who will be able to advise you on what you can do is an imam. Are you from the UK?

muslimah310
02-22-2010, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
yes you can get a khula , but the person who will be able to advise you on what you can do is an imam. Are you from the UK?

no i live in los angeles california

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-22-2010, 08:49 PM
May Allah swt make it easy for you

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KittenLover
02-22-2010, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah310
my husband and i have been seperated for three years now, and i want a divorce since he has abandoned me. He will not divorce me, however we have not been together for a while. Is there a way for me to go to the mosque and get the divorce myself? Please help me.
sis you can get a khula but you would have to return the dowry to him. but you might be able to a divorce also, go see a scholar or imam at the masjid and explain your situation to him and he will tell you what you can do in this situation.

he will tell you all the options you have, you can definitely get a divorce he can't force you to stay married to him.

Ummu Sufyaan
02-23-2010, 03:48 AM
:sl:
i think its best if you contacted an imam about this :)

AlbanianMuslim
02-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Go to your mosque or masjid as sister Ummu Sufyaan suggested and ask the imam to help you there. They will be more than willing to once you outline the circumstances. Have you already legally divorced him? If so, it shouldnt be a problem to get the help of an Imam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.