/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should Islamic Schools exist?

Star
02-25-2010, 12:03 AM
:sl:

oki first of all am not here to cause tension or arguments...i just wanted to find out your opinion...
im a muslim myself been in islamic schools through most of my education, so have no problem with them....but someone, rather suprisingly a muslim brought up a debate well 'discussion' as she puts it as to why islamic schools shouldnt exist.
oki so this is for anyone and everyone who has an opinion (regardless of what that might be)... having either studied in islamic schools or not....what are the pros & cons of islamic schools? should they exist?

and apologies if this is a duplicate thread..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Qadir
02-25-2010, 12:08 AM
in my opinion, islamic schools are a must..u see nowdays in high school..how many girls are single? non!!! unless they are not really attractive or whatever..this is the situation now...the ladies get corrupted...they get influenced...i have seen girls studying at islamic schools..and they are gems..well, there are cases of some disturbing things happening between islamic school students. but such cases are far and few...May Allah bless and sustain the islamic schools...

Life_Is_Short
02-25-2010, 01:16 AM
Islamic schools are excellent. You gain the best education from Islamic schools. Islamic education that is. One that will likely your chances of eternal success.

I went to an Islamic school up until secondary school by the way. I wish i had gone to an islamic college too. :(

I had the best Islamic teachers.

I miss them. imsad

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-25-2010, 02:53 AM
Of course there should be...no question about it. I wish that I could have gone to one and been able to properly learn to read the Qur'aan.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sampharo
02-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Growing up in Islamic Arab countries may have given me a different experience. We all had Islamic studies and Arabic classes DAILY, and there was a special break for prayer, yet still the school was teaching excellent standard of worldly knowledge that we need to grow and thrive in this life. Economics, physics, and advanced biology, languages, history and most complex of Maths. We had three students in my grade who achieved 8 A's or more on their IGCSE's.

So if this is the kind of Islamic school you are talking about, then yes indeed they should exist, and only a secular deviant or a misguided poor soul would be muslim yet demand that we don't have that.

However now that I am living abroad, recently I went to check on Islamic schools for my step-son, and many of them were just pure Islamic knowledge. They had only basic education of math and english, and hardly much else. Now that is certainly not what I would consider good education!

My step-son now attends an international school with two islamic studies classes per week, and goes to afternoon Islamic education as well as learns from me. I believe this is much better than handicapping them with bad education just because the school is islamic.

G3A3
02-25-2010, 10:58 AM

To protect the Eemaan (Faith) and Islamic identity of a Muslim, Islamic Schools are a must for both boys and girls.

There is no such thing as the necessity of putting girls through Islamic Schools and leaving boys to the secular education system.

Both need to be protected.

The harms of exposing young hearts and minds to unIslamic and Secular identity are enourmous i.e in their formation years young hearts and minds take in information and learn to compromise on fundamentals of Islam.

Having said all that. Is there any harm in exclusively Islamic Schooling? The only possible disadvantage I can think of is if the child is NEVER exposed to Non-Muslims and their way of live then it may be a hinderance in them learning Dawah when they grow up.

But it can be easily remedied by teaching Dawah and its methodologies as a subject which I don't think any Islamic Schools do at the moment.

huan
02-25-2010, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by G3A3

To protect the Eemaan (Faith) and Islamic identity of a Muslim, Islamic Schools are a must for both boys and girls.

There is no such thing as the necessity of putting girls through Islamic Schools and leaving boys to the secular education system.

Both need to be protected.

The harms of exposing young hearts and minds to unIslamic and Secular identity are enourmous i.e in their formation years young hearts and minds take in information and learn to compromise on fundamentals of Islam.

Having said all that. Is there any harm in exclusively Islamic Schooling? The only possible disadvantage I can think of is if the child is NEVER exposed to Non-Muslims and their way of live then it may be a hinderance in them learning Dawah when they grow up.

But it can be easily remedied by teaching Dawah and its methodologies as a subject which I don't think any Islamic Schools do at the moment.

Why ? Surely if their Islamic identity is more important to them they would not be swayed to other ideas. Why do Muslim parents fear that their children will turn into a kaafir ? I know you don't want your children to enter hell, but this a form of Mind Control ? You putting them into a school with like minded people is not going to help them develop. Living in a multicultural world it's important that our children grow up with people of different backgrounds/faiths/ideas. Surely in the end its upto them what religion/ideas they wish to adopt, but I feel people who send their children to religious schools are indoctrinating the young ones minds.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-25-2010, 03:59 PM
I'd rather my brain be indoctrinated with Islamic ideas and to grow up in such an environment as opposed to where I have grown up. I've never been to an Islamic school and wish I could have. If I could immediately go and live where people take interest in Islam like I do, I wouldn't even spend a second to think it over. Only people like yourself think it's mind control.

Aren't our minds indoctrinated in schools too? How about from the media? If you're fat, then you're disliked. Everyone should be a size ZERO like the models (where they literally have to starve themselves). THEORY OF EVOLUTION! Some prfofessors almost want and TRY to convince you that this is a fact and it's correct, intelligently trying to sway you from the idea of God.

I dislike how people nit pick on the religious people for "indoctrinating our minds" meanwhile you have the same crap going on with other things.

zana
02-25-2010, 04:19 PM
hiya i really wished i attended islamic school in my school years, i would like to be a teacher in the islamic school if i had the opportunity

alcurad
02-25-2010, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
Growing up in Islamic Arab countries may have given me a different experience. We all had Islamic studies and Arabic classes DAILY, and there was a special break for prayer, yet still the school was teaching excellent standard of worldly knowledge that we need to grow and thrive in this life. Economics, physics, and advanced biology, languages, history and most complex of Maths. We had three students in my grade who achieved 8 A's or more on their IGCSE's.

So if this is the kind of Islamic school you are talking about, then yes indeed they should exist, and only a secular deviant or a misguided poor soul would be muslim yet demand that we don't have that.

However now that I am living abroad, recently I went to check on Islamic schools for my step-son, and many of them were just pure Islamic knowledge. They had only basic education of math and english, and hardly much else. Now that is certainly not what I would consider good education!

My step-son now attends an international school with two islamic studies classes per week, and goes to afternoon Islamic education as well as learns from me. I believe this is much better than handicapping them with bad education just because the school is islamic.
QFT

a child should never be actively deprived of a good education in math, science and the humanities, plus basic religious knowledge is not that hard to attain.

zana
02-25-2010, 08:15 PM
recently i been watching a programme called syrian school as watching that programme i feel they have a better education then the west

Hamayun
02-25-2010, 08:31 PM
My daughter attends an Islamic School. It's the best decision I ever made.

zana
02-25-2010, 08:33 PM
inshallah if i have children in the near future i will defo consider islamic school

Salahudeen
02-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Islamic school all the way, how can you let kuffar educate your children?

children look upto their teachers and see them as role models, are you really gonna let a kafar be a role model for your child. teachers forward their values on their pupils also and you want islamic values put into your children not anti islamic such as it's ok to drink when you're the right age and it's ok to fornicate when you're the right age.

noorseeker
02-25-2010, 08:52 PM
I agree with islamic schools, but what ive heard is because the opposite sex isnt there, it makes the opposite sex more exciting to them

i dont know , do the nafs react to it

zana
02-25-2010, 09:12 PM
im from a are were there are several muslim schools boys and girls are seperated

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!