/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My toilet faces its back to the Qibla.

Proud.Hijaabi
02-26-2010, 12:24 AM
:sl:

I heard that a washroom (toilet) that faces its back to the Qibla (opposite to the Qibla) is haraam. But I did not know about this until recently (THat it's haraam to urinate or deficate . Too late to change the house. Its the washroom on the main floor should my Grandma go all the way upstairs to use washroom from now onwards or is it okay for her to continue to use this washroom? Is it ok if I continue to use the washroom? BTW the Grandma lives on the mainfloor (like her room because she has a hard time moving around a lot so we wanted to make it easier for her.) We did not buy the house knowing this information, in fact aside from my brother and I no one else knows about this. Thank You for your help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
02-26-2010, 03:04 PM
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/2532

This is interesting because now we need to establish what "facing" means in this context, i.e. does facing mean your front is facing the Qibla or does it mean your back is facing the Qibla? I have always thought it to mean the former (in which case your toilet is ok), but now I am having doubts.
I also am not sure about the serverity. It is stated as a sin, but what if it is not something you have control over? You cannot change the architecture at your workplace so would using the toilet there be a sin? (if it faced the Qibla.)

Where is a scholar when you need one ;)

Salahudeen
02-26-2010, 04:31 PM
I shall consult my book of fiqh and find the answer for you.

Danah
02-26-2010, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
JazakAllah khair for posting that good link. Very informative, subhanAllah even the small details are mentioned in Shar'iah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Proud.Hijaabi
03-01-2010, 02:29 AM
What I meant was that my toilet has its back to the Qibla.

Seeker1066
03-02-2010, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
lol it matters because when we deficate we can't face towards the direction we pray unless of course there is no other option and you have to for example you're in a building.

but if you're in the forest then you shouldn't face the holy city while you urinate.
This brings me to a question. Do you have trouble in remembering all the rules for Hygeine etc. The Qu'ran seems quite brief but the Sunna is much larger isn't it?? Than the explanatians by Islamic Scholars seem even larger. How does one keep track of it all as a practicing Muslim??

Ramadhan
03-02-2010, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Seeker1066
This brings me to a question. Do you have trouble in remembering all the rules for Hygeine etc. The Qu'ran seems quite brief but the Sunna is much larger isn't it?? Than the explanatians by Islamic Scholars seem even larger. How does one keep track of it all as a practicing Muslim??

Being a muslim means you never stop learning. I was born muslim (in a muslim family), and until now I still keep learning.
Remember, the best of ummah was the first generation during prophet SAW and even they adjusted everything gradually while striving to follow the best they can.
However, Islam also does not make things so difficult for you that you can't carry/do. There is a hadith about this.
In a nutshell, we do the best we can do (we know) in any given situation.

KittenLover
03-02-2010, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Seeker1066
not at all it becomes a daily routine and you feel very hygenic and clean to the point where if you don't do it you feel unclean. It's not that hard you just purify yourself everytime you use the bathroom and when it is time to pray.

of course there is pre requisites to prayer that involve cleansilness also, for example every time you have intimate relations with your husband you have to bath before you can pray.

you get used to it, it becomes second nature. :hmm: excuse the poor spelling.

syilla
03-03-2010, 05:48 AM
Jazakallah khayr for sharing...

When it becomes a habit...everything will become easy :)

>Taalib<
03-14-2010, 06:30 PM
If you can afford it, than have the toilet changed facing away from the Qiblah. If this cannot be done than the toilet can be used facing slightly to an angle so that the back does not face the Qiblah. Prefrably put a note in the toilet so that whoever uses it wont be facing the Qiblah. WallAhu A'lam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!